Arooji's Wine Room & Ristorante
720 Governor Morrison Street
Charlotte, NC 28211Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Arooji's Wine Room & Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aroojis.com/
- Phone: 7043666610
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Italian
- Executive Chef: Livio Ingenito
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: $100 minimum order. Catering available to customers within a three mile radius. Available 11am - 5pm, daily. Please call, for more details.
- Entertainment: Singer-Songwriter Jeff Rearick performs classic rock on the patio on Wednesday nights.
A word from Arooji's Wine Room & Ristorante
This classic Italian Restaurant, in Charlotte, NC, proudly serves the finest authentic Tuscan cuisine. Amazing selection of wines. Locations in Southpark and Ballantyne.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Arooji's Wine Room & Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
- CLOSED???ThauserVIPDined on 6/11/2014Showed up for dinner and they were out of business...
- great little placeChristmasBabeDined on 5/2/2014One of the best things was that it was quiet. We were dining with friends and it nice to be able to have a conversation. The service was good and meals arrived in a timely fashion. My meal was good and I had enough for a lunch the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food, rookie serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014Great food close to house but looked unprepared for people to actually eat there. Good wine took care of most of our angst, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the bestChris1VIPDined on 4/26/2014We were there for dinner, the place is noisy could be because we were sitting next to a large group who were loud. My husband had salmon with broccoli small portion he requested rice which never came. The Caesar salad was very good, I had lasagna which was soso, to much meat. I like their other location in Ballantyne much better.Special Features:
- Wonderful Place.OnesicpupDined on 3/29/2014My Wife and I had a really great time. I had the Gnocchi Al Pesto. The wife had Zuppa Di Mare. Both of us where members of the clean plate club.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FareCharlesDined on 2/22/2014Another great meal at Arooji's. Had the Zupa Di Mare and it was very good. Service was great and the atmosphere was just right for an evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was delicious and servedKathyDined on 2/15/2014Food was delicious and served HOT! Our waiter made great suggestions. He was very personable and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a dateChrisDined on 2/14/2014Food and atmosphere was great. Service could have been better but it was a busy valentines daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- let downNeighborDined on 2/14/2014Food was fair Went for Valentines day dinner. My steak was tough and not worth the $47 price. Was dissapointed that there was a pre set menu, so not many options. Had to ask for bread twice. We asked our waiter if he had any reccomendations and he said he doesnt eat the food.Special Features:
- Reservations?GfunkDined on 1/18/2014We arrived after making reservations a few hours earlier on Opentable. They said they don't keep track of new reservations in evening. We were sat quickly, but it was annoying.Special Features:
- Disappointing... as usualnotRealPickyDined on 12/31/2013I like Arooji's. I really do. But I'm not sure why. I dine there every few months hoping that it will improve--more memorable food or professional service. But it doesn't. The Ambience is great but that's all. New Year's Eve the fixed price menu was boring as was the food. The waiter tried but maybe it was his first night in a high-class restaurant. Example-- we had coffee after dinner and it was promptly brought. After a couple minutes we had to ask for cream and sugar. The sugar was brought to the table and the waiter apologized that they were out of cream (?) and asked if milk was acceptable. Of course it was and so was provided. And then we had to ask for spoons. With the wine, for the cost we should have gone to The Palm.Special Features:
- Long, average dinnerCLTdinerVIPDined on 12/30/2013It was a busy Monday night at Arooji's (though not so busy that every table was occupied at all times). Bread was hard to come by (the waiter said it was "by request only", as they were running low -- from the scraps we received in our basket, I guess he was right). The Caprese salad was good and well-composed. Then we waited: we didn't get entrees (both quick-cooking shellfish dishes) until ~35 min. after finishing the salad. And what we received was underwhelming. My wife's shrimp were overcooked, the dish generally bland. My seafood medley included overcooked, tough calamari, unopened clams (should never have made the plate), overcooked shrimp, and scallops with adductor muscles attached (though they were the best part of the dish).
- Surprised they are still open1CoupleVIPDined on 12/28/2013It was Sat 9pm. When my husband ordered ice tea the server said they were out of tea bags. We ordered our entrees and here the waiter comes back to announce they don't have the veal and adds "we haven't had it for a year"...He brought our salads and bread but when we requested extra later again he said they had no more bread. My side dish was mushrooms which yet again he comes back and apologize they were out. The entrees arrived with the side dishes on the wrong plates so the waiter brought some extra spaghetti on a plate. Ok, guess what is the answer when we asked for extra sauce? Yes, they had no more sauce! We declined a free dessert offer and we will never go back there because the manager was aware and never talked to us!
- Good but could be Better!!Foodie49Dined on 12/27/2013Food was good but not notable. The pasta dish was excellent, however the skewers(steak and shrimp) were dry and condiments were burnt. The rolls were yeast and slightly overcooked. The salad was very good and fresh and I highly recommend the creamy balsamic dressing. With attention to detail and some more notable bread offering Aroojis will be a place to GO!! The wine list is good but very pricey with nothing under $32 a bottle and only 2-3 of those, a little variety in price would be better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- large party dinnerLolaDined on 12/21/2013The owners of Aroojis were amazing, super nice and accommodating. They helped make our evening special and memorable. The food was so delicious and the wine was great. I would recommend this restaurant for a romantic night, special occasion, large party or just a night out for some great italian food. We are from Italy and we loved the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Saturday NightracyVIPDined on 12/7/2013For starters, the restaurant did not give me the table that I had requested when I made my reservation. The restaurant was practically empty at peaking dining hours on Saturday night. The menu hadn't changed any since I had last visited in the Summer. There was only one special and the kitchen substituted the type of pasta we ordered with another less satisfactory pasta without a heads up to the server or us diners. When called to the server's attention, we were offered a complimentary dessert.Special Features:
- European ExperienceCodyVIPDined on 10/25/2013The food was exceptional as was the ambiance. The service however was very slow, much like they do in restaurants in Europe. They allow you to take your time and don't rush you. If you want the experience of fine European dining I highly recommend Arooji's.Special Features:
- They seems didn't see us onMichelleVIPDined on 10/25/2013They seems didn't see us on opentable reservation. We got seat fine. Food was just okay doesn't excit us go back.
- Overall the food was veryDougDined on 10/24/2013Overall the food was very good. The only suggestions that I would give is to improve the timing of the service. Started off very good and then got slower and slower. However, the wait staff was very friendly and made you feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible serviceRB58Dined on 10/12/2013Avoid this place at all costs. One server for the entire dining room. 3 hours to get appetizers and dinners and that followed a 45 min wait to have our order taken. Stay away!
- Great place to eatBLFLVIPDined on 10/1/2013Loved it...the food was generous and exceptional and I have already recommended to others, but they failed to give me my 100 points. ISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFietsersVIPDined on 10/1/2013Great food--we ordered the eggplant parmesan and the salmon, both of which are among our favorite dishes anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningCorvetteguyDined on 9/30/2013The Lobster Ravioli was off the chars. Evan makes a mean LemonDrop MartiniSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrong here!FinickyNYCFoodieVIPDined on 9/30/2013Professional staff, delightful server, dog friendly patio & always a pleasant dining experience. Always look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst night everVickyHDined on 9/28/2013What a nightmare! Had reservation for a group of 20. Two servers in the whole place. One sheet of paper menu with just entrees, no salad, no appetizers. The server was clearly upset that she had to wait on us and complained the entire time. Manager no where to be soon!
- Quaint PlaceWineNDineDined on 9/17/2013We went four our anniversary and loved it. The food was excellent and service was good. I was dissapointed more people weren't there but it was during the week... I'd definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice community restaurant.CharlottegirlDined on 8/10/2013Nice community restaurant. Quiet and service was good. We enjoyed our meals and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were very disappointedCatDDined on 8/2/2013We were very disappointed in our meals. Service, although friendly, was a slower than would be expected given very little activity in the restaurant. The restaurant is tastefully decorated, but without good food and/or atmosphere, I don't think it will draw many repeat patrons with so many other options in Charlotte/South Park.
- We went to arooji's on a weekdayGhobbyVIPDined on 7/30/2013We went to arooji's on a weekday night. Unfortunately they were not very busy; we were one of three tables in the restaurant. I had a caprese salad, and the tomatoes were bland and the mozzarella was average. The lasagna dish I had was good, but there was nothing special about it. At these prices, I believe there are some more interesting options in Charlotte.
- Can't RecommendOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/24/2013I have now had two horrible meals at this restaurant. The first, back in May, was Gnocci al Pesto. What are supposed to be light and airy potato dumplings were absolutely leaden and completely overpowered by the "creamy pesto sauce." The second meal, just last week, was a Pizza Napolitana. The crust tasted like one you would buy at the supermarket off a peg; the tomato sauce was good, however, the fresh tomatoes and slices of mozzarella were COLD. I really think the chef forgot to put it under the salamander before it was brought to the table. Service was very slow on both occasions, even though there were only two or three tables occupied. The one positive note is that they do give a nice amount of wine or Prosecco per pour.
- A neighborhood gem!FinickyNYCFoodieVIPDined on 6/25/2013This is a charming family owned restaurant with a lovely staff, good Italian food & wine list and a small, cozy patio area with a fish pond which is lovely to sit and dine in. They are dog friendly and we always enjoy our time there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed dinner, food was verykensVIPDined on 6/21/2013Enjoyed dinner, food was very good and service as well.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceitalianloverDined on 6/10/2013The owner and staff go out of the way to make you feel like family. I have taken numerous parties to this restaurant and have yet to be disappointed. The owner went the extra mile when i had one of my executive managers in to insure our dining experience was superb. The wine list is very good and the food phenemonal. I heartily recommend this restaurant for anyone that loves Italian cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Good AtmosphereCarolinaGirlDined on 6/1/2013My husband and I met another couple there for dinner. I like that's it's in the general SouthPark area, but not the congested part of South Park. I wasn't super crowded at first. We got there about 7 on a Saturday evening, got a table outside, and an hour later every table outside and most of the inside was full. Service did get a little slower during this time, however the waiter, Evan was polite enough to tell us they just got slammed. Which we appreciated. But the food was great and the outdoor dining was great also, so we didn't mind the slower service. My husband said his Seabass was cooked a tadbit too long, but it was edible and seasoned good. Overall I'd give it a 8.5. I would recommend it and would definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly a neighborhood gem!FinickyNYCFoodieVIPDined on 5/25/2013We LOVE the hospitality, the food we ordered, the wonderful people who work there and become your "new best friends". We just moved to Southpark in Charlotte & Arooji's is a "no-brainer". Sat with our doggies on their lovely patio with fish ponds (our Jack Russell was fascinated by the fish so we had to keep him on a tight leash, no problem. Look forward to going back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!BeetzlovesfoodDined on 5/18/2013First time to the SouthPark location. Service was a little slow to start, but once our server came around, we had just the right amount of attention. The complimentary bean dip and hot bread were delicious! So much so, we asked for more and got a second serving. We each ordered a salad...the Caprese and the Cuore Sano - both so full of flavor. We ordered the Arooji's Pizza to share...excellent flavors and so much like the real Italian pizza we had in Rome. A nice red wine completed a great meal. Will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine room?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2013Umm, I don't think so. On top of that the lobster ravioli was below average. We were excited to try it, but will not be making a return trip.
- Loved the pastas!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2013Perfect place for a private/personal dinner. The food was delicious and their house wine tasted great!Special Features:
- Somewhat disappointingLansingDined on 5/4/2013Our 5 couple dinner club decided to give Arooji's a try, in spite of some pretty negative reviews. To be fair, there were some glowing reviews as well, so we decided to "roll the dice" and see which among this mixed bag of critiques was more accurate. When they arbitrarily changed our time of reservation, I was quite irritated and began to expect the worst. As it turned out, the food, service and ambiance were all okay; neither terrible nor excellent- good, but nothing special. In my final opinion, the poor reviews were an exaggeration, and based upon the quality and presentation of the four different selections made by our group, so were the praise reviews. Arooji's is passable but not worth making a special effort to seek them out.
- Just ok.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2013Appetizer was from frozen calamari. My Ceasar salad was definitely made earlier in the day as the dish was quite cold and likely came out of the freezer. Entree was OK, surprised actually after having my appetizer and salad being a bit of a disappointement.