Aroma Bakery & Cafe
909 Prospect Street
La Jolla, CA 92037Neighborhood:
La Jolla / Golden Triangle
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Aroma Bakery & Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.aromalajolla.com/
- Phone: 8584544447
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 7:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Diddier Pellerud
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Aroma Bakery and Cafe can design any special pastry or cake for small gatherings to large weddings. Please contact our special event coordinator to better assist your needs.
A word from Aroma Bakery & Cafe
Aroma Bakery & Cafe is a one of a kind restaurant in the Heart of The Village and the only known bakery on Prospect Street. The bakers arrive 5 a.m. to bake the finest pastries ready early for breakfast and throughout the day to the night. Our extensive and interactive 42 page menu of savory cuisines from the continental U.S. to dishes from Europe and Middle East will surely fulfil one's appetite. Aroma's extensive Pizza, Salad and Pasta dishes along with our signature Beef Stroganoff, Schnitzel and steaming Chicken Pesto caters to all. With outside seating on Prospect and Fay, Aroma is the place to relax and enjoy your mouth watering needs for pastries and cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Aroma Bakery & Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelQuiet
great for lunch (6)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (5)neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (2)Show More
- Good food..... Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014The food was good. All aspects of service were slow. We had 5 people in our party. They added 18 gratuity to the bill. The owner reversed the charge.
- Excellent lunchWorkingMomDined on 8/4/2014The food was good and the server was excellent. Attentive but didn't hover. Only downside was that the hostess was physically there but not really working. She looked confused when we told her we had a reservation and that we needed a high chair. The server made up for her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great varieties to choose frommeatVIPDined on 6/21/2014If this is your first time here, you will probably need at least 10 min to go through the menu because they have really wide selections. The quality of the food is mediocre though. The price is good for the location, La Jolla downtown. They have a full bar tooSpecial Features:
- Excellent FoodFRG76Dined on 5/2/2014Very impressed by the different dishes they have on their menu to choose from . They even have their own bakery. Waiters are very friendly. Food is worth trying. I went there with my girlfriend Friday night for dinner, and we came back the following morning for breakfast...lol. It has become our new Saturday breakfast spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 10 reviews are from the Aroma Bakery & Cafe reviews archive.
- Steer clearSteerClearDined on 3/23/2014There are so many options for breakfast in La Jolla, steer clear if this one. Not only was the service slow, the food was subpar. We would've had a better breakfast if we grabbed a coffee and bagel somewhere quick. The waffles seemed as if they were previously frozen, the waitress forgot part of order and the service was extremely slow. The two servers and one host seemed to be running around trying to keep up, we had breakfast at two other locations nearby that we're absolutely fantastic. I don't mind the slow service as much but make up for it by bringing the entire order and serving quality food.
- Great DessertsmjrtaylorDined on 10/26/2013Excellent choice for Mediterranean food and American Dessert fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/lacking serviceEmilyVIPDined on 9/2/2013We waited forever to even be greeted by a server (though we were packed into a table surrounded by others being attended to). When I shared a food allergy, the server seemed wholly unwilling to accommodate me and I ended up having to order something completely different. We had to flag him down to ask for drink refills. That being said, the actual food was really delicious. I would encourage people to just go to the bakery counter and order the food to go and skip dealing with the servers.Special Features:
- Too long of a wait for everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/2/2013We made our reservation online and checked in with the hostess. She informed us that our table was being cleaned up. 15 minutes later we noticed that she proceeded to seat someone else at our table. It was good we noticed and let her know. She moved the other party but it was an uncomfortable situation. She did not know what she was doing with other patrons either - so much so that the waiters kept correcting her. It took over an hour to get our food. It was good but I don't know that it was worth the wait. Our server did his best but the kitchen was way behind. In the future I would probably just go and grab things from the bakery instead. The desserts looked good.
- AromajemangebeaucoupDined on 7/24/2013Great food and lovely service! The owner came by and checked up on us, and it seems like he's always around. The ambiance is alright. It is a bakery and a cafe, but there is no divide. The service was good and the food was delicious. There was, however, a noisy child directly behind my table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio Dining In La JollayumtownDined on 7/15/2013My longtime good and fun friend met me at Aroma for lunch on a Monday afternoon. I arrived a bit early, and my friend , a bit late, so I ordered a delicious Chardonnay and Bruschetta to pass the time, and the hostess and server were very helpful and attentive. We sat on the patio and got to experience people watching in La Jolla on a beautiful day. The menu has many items to choose from, and we both loved our lunches. I would recommend this restaurant. It ranks high in all aspects, and is close enough to walk to all the shopping, but a little out of the congestion of the center of town. So, it is relaxing. There are numerous 2 hour parking places on Fay Street (it is on the corner of Prospect and Fay), and also a parking garage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/6/2013I've been to Aroma Bakery several times. I love the variety of the menu. One can order something small and simple, or filling and satisfying. I had this time the mozzarella caprese panini, definitely one of the best I have ever had. On the menu, I also love the vegetarian quiche, the salty crepes, and for sweets, love the raspberry pie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor Anniversary Brunch at AromaFabFoodieDined on 6/1/2013This cute cafe gave us exactly what we were looking for; a quiet Anniversary brunch (outdoors) on a Saturday! The staff did happen to be quite rushed & should have kept their pithy arguments more private, but otherwise Aroma's outdoor ambiance is an enjoyable piece of the La Jolla neighborhood. Food-wise: ~ Omelets ~ hardy, well-portioned and require a bit of salsa for flavor ~ Fruit crêpes ~ soooo sinful & delicious! These babies are beautifully stuffed and have decadent cream for dipping ~ Mexican hot chocolate ~ was unfortunately much too weak.... needed more chocolate, cinnamon and spice We'd recommend this for: brunch, outdoor seating, uncrowded weekends, & couples ... but would caution *foodies* due to minimal/semi-bland flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot & locationBOS2SANVIPDined on 5/19/2013Went to the Aroma Bakery and Cafe as I had read about it several times. The restaurant was busy with what seemed to be a lot of locals & families. Seating was a bit crowded. I ordered the eggs benedict with the hollandaise on the side. It is what makes or breaks eggs benedict and I am happy to say that it was excellent. Roasted red potatoes and a small fruit bowl was included. My husband had the croissant sandwich and raved about the croissant. We had also split one of their cinnamon rolls which were a great starter. Would definitely return to this great little spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diverse menu and good appetizers.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/26/2013Diverse menu and good appetizers. However, timing of food delivery to the table needs to be significantly improved. We ordered appetizers and entrees, and the entrees came to our table literally 5 minutes after our appetizers did. We asked them to hold on to our entrees while we finished our appetizers- by the time we were ready for the entrees (we rushed through appetizes), they were a little cold and hard from sitting around. They need to wait until diners have finished their appetizers before they start preparing the entrees.