600 Olive St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.arnoldis.com/
- Phone: 8059625394
- Hours of Operation:
Weekend Brunch: 8:30am - 2:00pm; Daily Lunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Nightly Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Alexis Bayet
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a room that fits up to 45 people. People walk through to get outside, but it is often used for private birthday parties, holiday parties and rehearsal dinners.
We also have a patio that fits up to 100 people and can be reserved privately with a food and beverage minimum
- Private Party Contact: Sara Peri 8058862842
Open for lunch and dinner 7 days a week, and breakfast on weekends.
We also host rehearsal dinners, wedding receptions, and large birthday parties.
Open for breakfast on the weekends, with Italian flare as well as the classics like eggs Benedict, omelette's, and french toast....
We also host kid's birthday parties during the weekends, bring in a jumper, music, popcorn machine and face painters!
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
- excellent meal and service in boothlightkeyDined on 9/20/2014Thank you for a wonderful evening with family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AmbiancereligioprofDined on 8/30/2014A fun place for family occasions. Really great seating in the patio. We went on a Saturday and discovered they had live music! Not too loud, and set just the right mood. Fire pit, bocce courts, and pretty good food at reasonable prices. What else could you want?Special Features:
- Old World StylereligioprofDined on 8/28/2014A great, relaxing place to meet friends for a leisurely dinner. I've done everything from annual party for employees to family birthdays. The bocce court is a big draw. Food is only moderately good it's wasted on foodies. I stick with appetizers, meat and seafood dishes, and avoid the pasta. Gelato is great. I arranged a dinner for 40+ and the wait staff and kitchen handled it beautifully. Will repeat.Special Features:
- Good Italian; fun outdoor placeLJSDVIPDined on 8/21/2014Good food in a neighborhood setting. Nice big outdoor section with 2 bocce courts. Great for groups and outdoor seating. Kids like it b/c of the bocce and they can be kids. food was good - nice selection and good wine list too.Special Features:
- Best part of Santa BarbaraMichie9797Dined on 8/18/2014We were so happy to come across this gem. This is a must when in Santa Barbara area. The food was delicious and authentic Italian. Sitting outside watching local teams play Bocce was the icing on the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner on Sundaymontecito49Dined on 8/17/2014Reception warm. Ambience inviting--Wait staff excellent. Food & wine--all good except veal somewhat overdone but acceptable.Special Features:
- Fun night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Enjoyed the food and even though it was a bit loud we had a nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner/serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014We went for my daughter's birthday. Everything was great. Service was attentive. Drinks and food excellent. My husband and I ordered the special and it was so tasty. My daughter had a dish with a pasta and a sauce that she likes. Will definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More Veg dishes, please!cotaresidentDined on 7/16/2014I like to frequent Arnoldi's because it is in my neighborhood, but I wish there were more vegetarian options. I had the pesto and although it smelled great, it didn't have much flavor.Special Features:
- Fun eveningsantabarbaralocalVIPDined on 6/25/2014We love Arnoldi's. The food is wonderful, and service so friendly. You feel like part of a neighborhood gathering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was hoping to like it...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014Had been wanting to go here for quite a while, and was really hoping to like it. Thought it might be a good locals spot. Was very disappointed overall, in all aspects. Horrible service. Food was not good either. With all the really good restaurants in town, I would never come back here or recommend it to anyone.
- Thanks!PartyofeightDined on 6/20/2014Another great meal at Arnoldi's. It's been one of our favorites for years. I had the special rib-eye and it was excellent. Cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Great Find!LaDolciVitaDined on 6/15/2014I booked Arnoldi's from Chicago to celebrate my daughters graduation from UCSB via Open Table. Arnoldi's assured me they would take care of everything which they did. Yesterday at the last minute the number in our party changed and Arnoldi's handled it wonderfully. They seated us outdoors to a crisp white table under the lit trellis of grapevines... The servers were polite and able to accommodate a last minute vegan guest with a smile and ease. We were served Family Style. More food than we could eat and Hot! Impressive. Every dish was delicious. Our guests adults and children enjoyed the bocce ball outback. All in all a wonderful experience for everyone! Thank you so much to Dimitri & Arnoldi's for providing a memorable evening!Special Features:
- The following 138 reviews are from the Arnoldi's Cafe reviews archive.
- ServicePartyofeightDined on 5/30/2014Service was not up to usual high standards. We dine here often and usually get top notch service. Friday was busy, which we like to see, but the service could have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally, a neighborhood gemeatsoutalotVIPDined on 5/23/2014Arnoldi's has had many ups and downs, and we have tried and given it up on several occasions. But they really have their act together now. Service is superb, the bar works well, the wine list is not brilliant but is well tuned to the menu, and the food is always good. This is not a foodie operation, but well constructed basic Italian fare. Very satisfying.Special Features:
- Great Daytime Spot!LaurenMVIPDined on 5/11/2014Love the back patio at Arnoldi's. The bocce court just adds extra points. The food was delicious--the burgers were great and the calamari is one of the best in town. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayCMezDined on 5/11/2014We had eleven people in our party, with two of them being very elderly. The staff was very accommodating and did their best to keep up with our requests. The back patio is fantastic (we even brought our dog) and the bocce ball court provided lots of entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fatalbertDined on 4/18/2014Arnoldi's was recommended to us for its authentic Italian food, and he was spot on! I had lasagna and the wife had spaghetti and meatballs and they were both the best we have ever had! Great service and a fun little restaurant to go to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine outside!THACK911VIPDined on 4/13/2014Very nice place on the back patio. Stepping inside is a bit frightening for a restaurant as it reminds me of a dive bar/restaurant. However, going onto the back patio made it worth the risk. Nice atmosphere in the back and great down home Italian food. Bundle up because only half of the heaters work and are held together by scotch tape. The food and the outdoor patio made the trip worth it. Good local wine selection, too! I would go back weekly if I could eat on the patio, if you forced me to eat inside, I would reluctantly go because the food is that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like this place a lot. GoodeatsoutalotVIPDined on 4/10/2014Like this place a lot. Good bar scene, good service, food hardly distinguished but good. It's a pleasant place to spend an evening in a site with a lot of local history. The outside dining, if it's warm enough and you're not put off by the Bocce players, is memorable.Special Features:
- Food always delivers!ItalianMamaDined on 3/21/2014Don't think I have ever had a bad meal here. The menu variety pleases everyone. The service is "wired" with Marco in charge. Keep up the good work all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If the noise level was tooOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2014If the noise level was too high...it was us that's caused it :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blah...RoFloVIPDined on 3/10/2014Food ok. Horrible service. Went at 830p and was rushed out of the restaurant by the uncaring staff. We won't be back
- TimelessSummerlandDined on 2/24/2014Arnoldi's has been around before spaghetti was pasta! When you are dining there or outside watching the Baci ball players you feel like your are at a neighborhood restaurant in a small town in Italy. The service is warm and friendly and the food is good...it is a great place. I highly recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good job, Arnoldis- 2/19/14ItalianLoverDined on 2/19/2014We've been to Arnoldi's before, but this time they really did a great job - the staff was very attentive, friendly and helpful. Our server was very knowledgeable, and answered all of our questions and gave good recommendations. The wine and food was served quickly. We had their most popular dishes: the lasagna and the veal marsala, both were really tasty with generous portions. For pre-dinner salads, they will let you order a half portion, instead of a whole. Very impressed with the service and food. /Good job, Arnoldi's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayMarkDined on 2/14/2014I wanted a place w/great food, service & ambiance. Wasn't in the mood for the trendy restaurants in SB where we'd be waiting for a table (even w/reservations), the service would be bad & super noisy/crowded. Arnoldi's is a hidden gem in SB. We arrived & were promptly seated outside (full moon). It was a little cool, but the heat lamps warmed us up. Servers were great. Bread, drinks & the food were all brought out very quickly. I had the lasagna bolognese which was excellent. My fiance had the spaghetti/pork dish (dunno the name). She loved it. So much food leftover (for lunch the next day). As we were finishing up our wine and paying our bill, 2 muscians started playing music. Just a great finish for a wonderful experience at Arnoldi's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lasagna !CarpfamilyDined on 2/14/2014Food was great service was prompt and the backyard music was awesome !Special Features:
- Casual with sense of historyMistaBoneDined on 2/8/2014The restaurant was much more casual than I expected, especially for the price range. The food was very good and the service was fine. We were overdressed. This is a blue jeans restaurant, so not fancy. I booked it off the Opentable reviews and it was not as "fancy" as I expected. Not as romantic a setting as I'd hoped but a nice local restaurant with charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was drinking Ice tea andpeperDined on 2/4/2014I was drinking Ice tea and the server only check one time for a refill and the side dinner salad is very large smaller portion and smaller price Thank you PeperSpecial Features:
- Made reservation. All wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/31/2014Made reservation. All was great till we arrived and avaliable seating was only outside. Complained and got seated inside! Italian food was great. Service and prices good. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently yummyBellaunoVIPDined on 1/19/2014Love this little neighborhood restaurant. Brought a friend (she owns two restaurants in LA area) everyone enjoyed food and server was attentive and very friendly. Consistently fun & food good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sooooo disappointedMontecitoMaMaDined on 1/18/2014We have been to Arnoldis many, many times over the years - this was the first time we ate inside. What a disappointment. Our server was one of the rudest servers I have ever dealt with. Being from the restaurant business and dining out a priority with my family - I was shocked. He never welcomed us - never told us his name - never told us about specials - no upselling - no interaction with any of our guests - never checked to see if everything was ok - NOTHING! The busser was far more qualified to serve - and was very polite. With so many other options in Santa Barara - I guess the only reason I would go back to Arnoldis would be for take out because the food is fantastic!Special Features:
- FINE FOOD, FRIENDS & FUNMurphysDined on 1/10/2014Great place to relax, enjoy fine food and drink and play bocce ball with good friends,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great low key placeAvitheshedevilDined on 1/6/2014Nice ambience, great place to meet friends. Can talk and enjoy outdoors or indoors dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sooooo good!!!!Therooster62Dined on 12/31/2013We have been coming to Arnoldis for years and love it. The food is amazing and the ambience is like dining in a small town in Italy. We love it so much we are having our rehearsal dinner here. Can't wait!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Love ArnoldisramoncramonDined on 12/31/2013Arnoldis is a true Old school Santa Barbara gem. The inside and outside dining areas are perfect for large groups or for a romantic dining experience. The food is always great and the service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in clam dishOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013My spaghetti bolanaise was very good, but my husband's spaghetti with clams was just awful. Out of about a dozen clam shells, 3 had clams in them. The pasta was not properly drained and thus the sauce was full of water. When we complained to the waiter, he seemed disinterested. Very poorly cooked meal. We sat outside in the tented area which was OK, but a little cold for us. We would have preferred to sit inside. We probably would not go back and would not recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Another great experienceDarmokDined on 12/30/2013Traditional Italian (not Californized) cuisine. Largish portions so be careful how much you order. The vegetarian lasagna is both delicious and light. House wine is excellent. Service well coordinated. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Arnoldi's is Santa Barbara's gemSBlocalsDined on 12/29/2013We have dined at Arnoldi's for nearly 30 years, in small groups to large. The staff is always friendly, accommodating and professional. This is where the locals go, the lasagna is the best in town, and the rest of the menu has many, many great choices that are very fresh and expertly prepared. The reinvigoration of the Bocce Ball court and all the community that surrounds that has been a hit - if you are in Santa Barbara, you have to try Arnoldi's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellantPartyofeightDined on 12/20/2013Arnoldi's is a real come-back-story. One of our favorites again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.