Arnold Palmer's Restaurant
78164 Avenue 52
La Quinta, CA 92253Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Arnold Palmer's Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.arnoldpalmersrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7607714653
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour in Arnie's Pub 4-6pm Daily
Dining Room and Patio Open Daily at 5:00pm
Live Entertainment Tuesday - Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Arnold Palmer's has private party space for groups of 20-200.
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com 7607714653x
- Entertainment: Various local artists perform nightly in Arnie's Pub.
A word from Arnold Palmer's Restaurant
Arnold Palmer's Restaurant features Progressive American cuisine, including fresh seafood, steaks, and some of Arnie's great comfort foods. This one-of-a-kind restaurant features an impressive wine room that houses 2,500 bottles of wine and an exclusive Chef’s Table for special events. A variety of live entertainment in the evening in Arnie’s Pub sets the atmosphere for guests to enjoy a unique dining experience. The extensive newly remodled patio offers stunning views of the Santa Rosa Mountains, a cozy outdoor fire pit for guests to gather and a putting green where visitors can work on their game. Be sure to check out Arnie's new outdoor sports lounge, with private bar, big screen TV's, and oversized patio furniture for your comfort.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Arnold Palmer's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in La Quinta ›
Arnold Palmer's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (13)neighborhood gem (11)great for outdoor dining (10)notable wine list (8)romantic (7)hot spot (6)scenic view (6)good for groups (5)fit for foodies (5)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- 10-16-14 visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Good American comfort food with a fine dining twist. Staff is friendly and attentive. This was our visit back since the remodel is complete. The restaurant and patio is beautiful and there are some nice new menu additions. However our favorite, the stroganoff, while receiving a major upgrade by being accompanied with a filet is a great change was not as good as it has been in the past. Overall, our apps, salad, entrees and dessert were memorable and I'm glad we celebrated our 10 year anniversary at AP's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above parLuvFoodDined on 10/11/2014Wonderful La Quinta cove restaurant with great service and very good food. The bar was packed with good entertainment. I highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Wine Bar Coming SoonMikeVIPDined on 10/11/2014Looks like a new Wine Bar coming to AP's around November 1, 2014. Serving GOOD Wine by the glass in a cool little bar off of Masters Room. Can't wait. Dustin the mgr has done a great job with this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as usuallRayandBarbDined on 10/3/2014We enjoy dinning at this restaurant. Consistently fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VacationLove2eatDined on 9/29/2014This was a return visit for us to Arnold Palmers, and it did not disappoint. They had only been open a short time after summer break, we had a table outside, the wait staff was excellent, and food was very good. Nice to be able to be at a restaurant and carry on a conversation without yelling!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not inexpensive, but worth it.LQresidentDined on 9/27/2014Food and beverages are moderate to high priced, but the quality is worth it. Great service, also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEAUTY IN THE DESERTDAWNMARIEDined on 9/26/2014ARNOLD PALMER'S IS QUAINT, CLEAN, & ENTERTAINING. EVERYONE LIVING IN THE DESERT OR JUST VISITING SHOULD NOT MISS THE OPPORTUNITY TO DINE THERE.Special Features:
- Open For 2014/2015 SeasonMikeVIPDined on 9/25/2014After a summer hiatus, AP's is back open for the season...Great place...Great Staff Watch for their wine dinners....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/24/2014from driving up to the valet, having the nice hostess seat us, to Ceasar being our server it was a wonderful evening. We also enjoyed the putting green outside !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!pattibearDined on 9/19/2014Our waiter, Eric (I think), was wonderful. Helpful, courteous, and made some recommendations that were very good, especially the dessert. Chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream was awesome. We wanted a quiet, romantic setting and we were completely satisfied. It was absolutely lovely and we had a wonderful evening. We have been to Arnold's before several times and always enjoy coming back, even though it is about an hour's drive from Redlands! It is one of our favorites and we always recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014This was our first dining experience at Arnold Palmer's. The entire dining experience exceeded our expectations; food, service and ambiance could not have been better. I ordered one of Arnold Palmer's favorites, the beef stroganoff, which was the best I have ever. had.Special Features:
- The following 678 reviews are from the Arnold Palmer's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Used to be greatIrishpvhVIPDined on 6/14/2014This used to be my favorite restaurant in the desert. It was awesome as a steakhouse. The food is now awful -- the past two visits I have had a steak that was way overcooked and they have removed a few cuts of meat from the menu. The people are still nice enough, but I cannot get past bad food at that price point. I am saddened by it, because it has been a special place to which I loved to bring my family for a special meal.
- must returnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014great service can hardly wait to see how the renovation is going to change, if any, the ambience of this great restaurant. Chilean sea bass was terrific, as was the hot brownie! Wife's free range chicken was still kind of blah, but still moist! Vegies done perfectly! Demeanor of all staff was excellent and energetic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last DayGr8TimeDined on 6/14/2014Filet was black and blue, not MR, salmon and desserts good. Low on items since it was the last day, limited drafts, no baked potato. Service was very relaxed, already on summer break, no professional language. The experience slipped a little, but we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableMD23Dined on 6/8/2014We went for out anniversary. They made us feel special. Great friendly service and excellent food. We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fathers Day treatIrvinetraveler2Dined on 6/8/2014I took my 90 year old father for the treat of having a meal at Arnold Palmers restaurant. The ambience of all the historic golf memorabilia is terrific. They had A three course dinner menu available for $38. Filet, sea bass choices. I had the lobster bisque soup, filet and creme brûlée desert. Soup was good, filet perfect , asparagus was a bit under cooked. Service was outstanding . A sale in bottles of wine and we ordered a bottle. Would go back, but it is 100 miles from my house. So it Is for special occasions for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Wonderful Lobster Bisque and plenty of it. Moist, rich Chilean Seabass! The filet was cooked as ordered and tender. Everyone enjoyed their desserts, too. A great time was had by all six of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely RestaurantZinnerDined on 6/4/2014The restaurant is less than 2 miles from my home. I enjoy the restaurants various dining areas. The bar is always busy and fun. The menu is well priced and the portions are adequate. It's well worth a visit or more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasantly surprisedAwinrmVIPDined on 6/3/2014We had never been there as La Quinta was a little further than we normally travel for dinner. We were very happy we made the trip. The food is great....good service....very comfortable dining rooms with great pictures of Palmer on the wall...carpeting on the floor to keep it relatively quiet. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second to noneBertDined on 6/1/2014One of the MUST DO things in LaQuinta. Everyone I take there thanks me for years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kudos to the Chef!whycookVIPDined on 5/30/2014When everyone raves about the food at your table from beginning to end, you know the chef is on to something good. Four of us dined last Friday night - the first night of "Restaurant Week" at this neighborhood gem. From the 3 course offerings, we sampled the creamy lobster bisque & Arnie's chopped blt salad starters followed by expertly prepared honey soy glazed sea bass, center cut filet & blackened double cut pork chop entrees. We finished off our perfectly enjoyable & delectable dining experience with the warm deep dish brownie & creme brûlée! Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprised it's so popularpbsazVIPDined on 5/23/2014We're still looking for some go to places in La Quinta for dinner and based on the popularity thought maybe we found one in Arnold Palmers. Service was fine. Food for all three diners was bland.
- great special dinnerArniejewelDined on 5/20/2014Our server was very friendly, and just the right amount of attention..... not too much like some places. Would definitely returnSpecial Features:
- Very niceKateDined on 5/19/2014Great choice of food and it was excellent. Service was good. Sit out on the patio if you can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Green AtmosphereFox16criticDined on 5/12/2014Arnie's restaurant was much better than I had expected. The menu choices were different and yet the 3 dishes we choose were outstanding. I will probably go there whenever I'm in town.Special Features:
- Mother's Day DinnerlilshoesDined on 5/11/2014A most enjoyable evening. The food was fantastic as usual. In spite of a full room, the noise level was low and we could converse easily. This is one of our favorite restaurants in the valley, and I would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic RestaurantHonestMDined on 5/3/2014This restaurant was recommended by a friend, who live in the area. What a great recommendation. The food was fantastic and the service was impeccable. The wedge salad was one of the best I have had and the prime rib was perfectly cooked. There were four in our party and all enjoyed their meal. Next time we are in La Quinta, we will be dining here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- averted disasterGrampybruceDined on 5/2/2014repeat customer as we love this place. Not such a good experience at first, as we were seated next to a LOUD and OBNOXIOUS party. We could not converse and had to endure foul language and loud conversations. We told our concerns to our waitress, Amanda, who moved us to a more favorable setting. Kudos to Amanda and the chef for a great dinner which could have ended before it began. Amanda was totally professional and saved our experience. We would definitely return to this establishment. We now know to request a more intimate setting.Special Features:
- Avoid!foodloverDined on 5/1/2014Do yourself a favor and avoid this restaurant. I booked because my husband is such a golf fan. Restaurant and memorabilia felt as old as the clientele. I should have paid attention to other reviews. Service was less than attentive and at best about Applebee's quality. Caesar salad was as previous reviewer indicated -- no anchovy -- and from what I can tell no garlic, lemon or Worcestshire sauce -- all key ingredients in a Caesar. My scallops were poorly done and the biggest failingt was my risotto was made with regular rice not risotto rice. Yes, I am a cook and foodie so I know the difference. Only bright spot was my husband's steak was ok. Looking for a great restaurant at the same price point try The Cork Tree in Palm Desert.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/30/2014Ambiance, service and food very good. Date/bacon appetizer excellent. Only improvement Caesar salad was a 2 out of 10. Tasted Like a bag you might buy in a market, didn't like the way the romaine was chopped (again what comes out of one of those prepackaged Bags), dressing iffy; should have freshly shaved Parmesan, just didn't seem up to par with the rest of the meal. Too bad about the Flies, but they did their best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/28/2014Establishment....clean and inviting Staff...professional and accommodating Food...fantastic presentation and delicious Price...on par for service delivered I would defintely recommend this as a must eat in LaQuintaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really a nice place!BarryAJDined on 4/27/2014Great ambiance, wonderful service and good food. What more can you ask for. All of Arnie's golfing pictures are an extra treat. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold steaks Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/25/2014First time customers . was highly recommended by restaurant owners in Laguna Beach. steaks were not hot, and there was no juice when cut into any of them.service very poor. John ( i think that was his name was very nice but had the big party in the wine cellar and we felt like an afterthought. would try the bar food.Special Features:
- it was niceKJTCDined on 4/19/2014After dining there for several it seems to have lost its energy. They closed off the British Open and US Open rooms which leads me to believe they are not getting the customers. I asked why and the response was they are remodeling. This used to be a vibrant restaurant which we always enjoyed. I really do not understand why thye are not getting the support as we enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- Wonderful with a question?DanthemanDined on 4/19/2014Why when it's 85 degrees outside would they light the propane heaters! Several people talked about how it made it way too warm! If it's 80 degrees outside and you need a heater you better get some geritol or go see the doctor!Special Features:
- SkkeewDined on 4/18/2014Great patio dining. Moved to large fire pit area after our meal was complete and loved it. We dined on a very busy Friday night, service was a little slow, however, we were in no hurry and really enjoyed the ambiance. Fun bar area as well. The fish plates were very good, the steaks were okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special TouchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/18/2014Since it was our anniversary, the waiter provided a desert, which we appreciate.Special Features:
- Outstanding RestaurantdeputydogDined on 4/17/2014The service and food are top notch. The white fish is especially moist and delicious. It has a really outside patio for dining. Have been here on several occasions, each experience was the same high quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New YorkerNewYorkerDined on 4/13/2014First time there.Table ready as per Reservation.Cocktails,bread,Water all on time.Lobster Bisque excellent. Caesar Salad had no Anchovies or Romaine Lettuce and otherwise tasteless.Prime Rib Excellent,Vegs were adequate. Waitress was friendly but inattentive.Bill arrived after we declined Dessert and before we asked for coffee Might have stayed for after dinner drinks but seemed like they were closing,air conditioned had been turned off at 9.00PM and we felt like we were being rushed out..I would go back because of the Prime Ribs.......Maybe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinning experienceJuniorDined on 4/10/2014This is a great restaurant. The atmosphere is welcoming and warm. The service was great. The food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.