Arnold Palmer's Restaurant
78164 Avenue 52
La Quinta, CA 92253Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Arnold Palmer's Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.arnoldpalmersrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (760) 771-4653
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour in Arnie's Pub 4-6pm Daily
Dining Room and Patio Open Daily at 5:00pm
Live Entertainment Tuesday - Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Arnold Palmer's has private party space for groups of 20-200.
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 7607714653x
- Entertainment: Various local artists perform nightly in Arnie's Pub.
A word from Arnold Palmer's Restaurant
Arnold Palmer's Restaurant features Progressive American cuisine, including fresh seafood, steaks, and some of Arnie's great comfort foods. This one-of-a-kind restaurant features an impressive wine room that houses 2,500 bottles of wine and an exclusive Chef’s Table for special events. A variety of live entertainment in the evening in Arnie’s Pub sets the atmosphere for guests to enjoy a unique dining experience. The extensive newly remodled patio offers stunning views of the Santa Rosa Mountains, a cozy outdoor fire pit for guests to gather and a putting green where visitors can work on their game. Be sure to check out Arnie's new outdoor sports lounge, with private bar, big screen TV's, and oversized patio furniture for your comfort.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Arnold Palmer's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in La Quinta ›
Arnold Palmer's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (36)great for outdoor dining (30)neighborhood gem (24)romantic (21)good for groups (18)notable wine list (16)vibrant bar scene (14)fit for foodies (13)scenic view (10)hot spot (9)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Impressive Return VisitWinedudeVIPDined on 11/21/2014We had not been back to Arnold Palmer's in a couple of years. Since then, the restaurant has been redesigned...and it looks great. The food we sampled was all excellent, including the salads, the prime rib and the pork chop. The service we received from Amanda was outstanding. She was very friendly and very helpful. They now have a beautiful wine room which can be used for small parties of up to 20 people. The wine list is very solid as well. We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinnerTahoeBobDined on 11/21/2014Once again, we had a great table, outdoors on the patio. The service was perfect, And I LOVE the prime rib. It was cooked to perfection and just the right size. We are never disappointed at Arnold Palmer's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FindOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/21/2014My friends and I had a wonderful evening. The ambience was very cosy. The outdoors patios were lovely with all the fireplaces. The food was delicious and the service excellent. I would highly recommend this restaurant. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends Night OutDmtssDined on 11/16/2014Great place to relax and talk. Patio dining is very enjoyable. Service is fit for "The King".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime rib very disappointing. Too tough and dry.SuzieVIPDined on 11/14/2014Prime rib tough dry and too thick. I would never order it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food poor waiter.HudiniDined on 11/13/2014We took some friends out to dinner that had never been to Palmers. They were impressed with the atmosphere, food, and wine selection. The waiter was so bad it almost ruined the evening. He was in no hurry to serve us and never once poured wine for us. He just kept talking to other tables and ignored us the whole evening. He had a very poor attitude. We will eat in the bar next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014We come and spend a week in the dessert every year for my Hubby's birthday. I took him her for his birthday and we really enjoyed it. Ib would recommend to all visiting this areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodRingleaderDined on 11/8/2014We decided to try Arnold's instead f our usually special dinner at Kaiser Grill- great idea- food was very good (blackened prime rib) delicious- they split it fr us, was a 14 oz piece plenty for us two no split charge yea! Our friend had the pork chop,was very good, we will be back-Special Features:
- Not prime ribmeatheadDined on 11/8/2014We had a party of 6, 5 meals were ok, not great, but ok. The 6th person ordered prime rib and when asked, ordered it medium well. It came out bleeding. The second time it appeared to have been nuked and still bleeding inside. The third time it was a different piece of meat, grey in color, smelling not very fresh and without potatoes on the plate. Appetite ruined for anything else on the menu. No visit from the manager as promised and when we finally caught the manager on the way out she was not very cordial, explained that there is no way to get medium well done prime rib, offered nothing except her cell phone to use for our next reservation. Her phone will not be ringing. We are all "well done" with Palmers! Used to be great!Special Features:
- great ambiance, food, and servicehonestdinerfromMNDined on 11/4/2014You have to experience this place for yourselves. It has the trifecta of qualities you want in a dining experience -- ambiance, food, and service. Love all the Arnold Palmer photos, the personalities of the wait staff, the awesome outdoor patio. Everyone was so accommodating and the food was excellent. Special shout out to our server, John, who made our night even more memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Evening Halloween DelightElenaDined on 10/31/2014Our party of 6 enjoyed a quiet table and delicious food on Halloween evening. Besides the usual fabulous menu, Arnold Palmer offered special Halloween evening prix fixe dinner for $25 - BLT salad, choice of prime rib or salmon and pumpkin pie. I chose the special with incredible prime rib - really delicious! Others chose off the menu, lobster bisque, lobster mac n cheese, sea bass with lovely honey sauce, salmon, pork chops (best ever!) and more. Arnold Palmer chardonnay is delicious! We all had a grand time and service excellent, as always! One of our favorite restaurants in the valley!Special Features:
- Great SpotJimmVIPDined on 10/26/2014Great food and wonderful service. I was very pleased with the entire dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyed our eveningagentQDined on 10/25/2014Dinner and service were what they were supposed to be - good. Thanks for a lovely eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our second visit.BarryAJDined on 10/25/2014Wonderful! We ate outdoors and the ambience was lovely. The wait staff was very attentive and the food was great. I could find higher praise to write. It's not an everyday dining spot but if you are looking for good food in a charming setting, this is it. Plus for golfing fans, it's a walk down memory lane.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappoinedDined on 10/22/2014Everyone in our party of 4 was very happy with their meal. The service was very good and the ombience was very nice, very quiet on the patioSpecial Features:
- 10-16-14 visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Good American comfort food with a fine dining twist. Staff is friendly and attentive. This was our visit back since the remodel is complete. The restaurant and patio is beautiful and there are some nice new menu additions. However our favorite, the stroganoff, while receiving a major upgrade by being accompanied with a filet is a great change was not as good as it has been in the past. Overall, our apps, salad, entrees and dessert were memorable and I'm glad we celebrated our 10 year anniversary at AP's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above parLuvFoodDined on 10/11/2014Wonderful La Quinta cove restaurant with great service and very good food. The bar was packed with good entertainment. I highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Wine Bar Coming SoonMikeVIPDined on 10/11/2014Looks like a new Wine Bar coming to AP's around November 1, 2014. Serving GOOD Wine by the glass in a cool little bar off of Masters Room. Can't wait. Dustin the mgr has done a great job with this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as usuallRayandBarbDined on 10/3/2014We enjoy dinning at this restaurant. Consistently fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VacationLove2eatDined on 9/29/2014This was a return visit for us to Arnold Palmers, and it did not disappoint. They had only been open a short time after summer break, we had a table outside, the wait staff was excellent, and food was very good. Nice to be able to be at a restaurant and carry on a conversation without yelling!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not inexpensive, but worth it.LQresidentDined on 9/27/2014Food and beverages are moderate to high priced, but the quality is worth it. Great service, also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEAUTY IN THE DESERTDAWNMARIEDined on 9/26/2014ARNOLD PALMER'S IS QUAINT, CLEAN, & ENTERTAINING. EVERYONE LIVING IN THE DESERT OR JUST VISITING SHOULD NOT MISS THE OPPORTUNITY TO DINE THERE.Special Features:
- Open For 2014/2015 SeasonMikeVIPDined on 9/25/2014After a summer hiatus, AP's is back open for the season...Great place...Great Staff Watch for their wine dinners....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/24/2014from driving up to the valet, having the nice hostess seat us, to Ceasar being our server it was a wonderful evening. We also enjoyed the putting green outside !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service Okay - not great.lynnslohVIPDined on 9/20/2014We were really looking forward to our first experience at Arnold Palmer's restaurant. Our server was unpersonable. He offered no explanation of the specials or the menu. When we asked for recommendations... he had nothing to say. Our food was rather bland and unexceptional. For dessert we ordered Arnie's signature, Banana Split. Unremarkable ice cream, skimpy, average tasting toppings, a few nuts. The restaurant itself is nice and the Arnold Palmer memorabilia is fabulous - but the location on the highway so sitting outside does not offer much ambiance. We wanted to like Arnies, but unfortunately, we are not eager to return.
- Excellent!pattibearDined on 9/19/2014Our waiter, Eric (I think), was wonderful. Helpful, courteous, and made some recommendations that were very good, especially the dessert. Chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream was awesome. We wanted a quiet, romantic setting and we were completely satisfied. It was absolutely lovely and we had a wonderful evening. We have been to Arnold's before several times and always enjoy coming back, even though it is about an hour's drive from Redlands! It is one of our favorites and we always recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 679 reviews are from the Arnold Palmer's Restaurant reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014This was our first dining experience at Arnold Palmer's. The entire dining experience exceeded our expectations; food, service and ambiance could not have been better. I ordered one of Arnold Palmer's favorites, the beef stroganoff, which was the best I have ever. had.Special Features:
- Used to be greatIrishpvhVIPDined on 6/14/2014This used to be my favorite restaurant in the desert. It was awesome as a steakhouse. The food is now awful -- the past two visits I have had a steak that was way overcooked and they have removed a few cuts of meat from the menu. The people are still nice enough, but I cannot get past bad food at that price point. I am saddened by it, because it has been a special place to which I loved to bring my family for a special meal.
- must returnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014great service can hardly wait to see how the renovation is going to change, if any, the ambience of this great restaurant. Chilean sea bass was terrific, as was the hot brownie! Wife's free range chicken was still kind of blah, but still moist! Vegies done perfectly! Demeanor of all staff was excellent and energetic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last DayGr8TimeDined on 6/14/2014Filet was black and blue, not MR, salmon and desserts good. Low on items since it was the last day, limited drafts, no baked potato. Service was very relaxed, already on summer break, no professional language. The experience slipped a little, but we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableMD23Dined on 6/8/2014We went for out anniversary. They made us feel special. Great friendly service and excellent food. We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fathers Day treatIrvinetraveler2Dined on 6/8/2014I took my 90 year old father for the treat of having a meal at Arnold Palmers restaurant. The ambience of all the historic golf memorabilia is terrific. They had A three course dinner menu available for $38. Filet, sea bass choices. I had the lobster bisque soup, filet and creme brûlée desert. Soup was good, filet perfect , asparagus was a bit under cooked. Service was outstanding . A sale in bottles of wine and we ordered a bottle. Would go back, but it is 100 miles from my house. So it Is for special occasions for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Wonderful Lobster Bisque and plenty of it. Moist, rich Chilean Seabass! The filet was cooked as ordered and tender. Everyone enjoyed their desserts, too. A great time was had by all six of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely RestaurantZinnerDined on 6/4/2014The restaurant is less than 2 miles from my home. I enjoy the restaurants various dining areas. The bar is always busy and fun. The menu is well priced and the portions are adequate. It's well worth a visit or more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasantly surprisedAwinrmVIPDined on 6/3/2014We had never been there as La Quinta was a little further than we normally travel for dinner. We were very happy we made the trip. The food is great....good service....very comfortable dining rooms with great pictures of Palmer on the wall...carpeting on the floor to keep it relatively quiet. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second to noneBertDined on 6/1/2014One of the MUST DO things in LaQuinta. Everyone I take there thanks me for years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kudos to the Chef!whycookVIPDined on 5/30/2014When everyone raves about the food at your table from beginning to end, you know the chef is on to something good. Four of us dined last Friday night - the first night of "Restaurant Week" at this neighborhood gem. From the 3 course offerings, we sampled the creamy lobster bisque & Arnie's chopped blt salad starters followed by expertly prepared honey soy glazed sea bass, center cut filet & blackened double cut pork chop entrees. We finished off our perfectly enjoyable & delectable dining experience with the warm deep dish brownie & creme brûlée! Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprised it's so popularpbsazVIPDined on 5/23/2014We're still looking for some go to places in La Quinta for dinner and based on the popularity thought maybe we found one in Arnold Palmers. Service was fine. Food for all three diners was bland.
- great special dinnerArniejewelDined on 5/20/2014Our server was very friendly, and just the right amount of attention..... not too much like some places. Would definitely returnSpecial Features:
- Very niceKateDined on 5/19/2014Great choice of food and it was excellent. Service was good. Sit out on the patio if you can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.