Arnold Palmer's Restaurant
78164 Avenue 52
La Quinta, CA 92253Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Arnold Palmer's Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.arnoldpalmersrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7607714653
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour in Arnie's Pub 4-6pm Daily
Dining Room and Patio Open Daily at 5:00pm
Live Entertainment Tuesday - Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Arnold Palmer's has private party space for groups of 20-200.
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 7607714653x
- Entertainment: Various local artists perform nightly in Arnie's Pub.
A word from Arnold Palmer's Restaurant
Arnold Palmer's Restaurant features Progressive American cuisine, including fresh seafood, steaks, and some of Arnie's great comfort foods. This one-of-a-kind restaurant features an impressive wine room that houses 2,500 bottles of wine and an exclusive Chef’s Table for special events. A variety of live entertainment in the evening in Arnie’s Pub sets the atmosphere for guests to enjoy a unique dining experience. The extensive newly remodled patio offers stunning views of the Santa Rosa Mountains, a cozy outdoor fire pit for guests to gather and a putting green where visitors can work on their game. Be sure to check out Arnie's new outdoor sports lounge, with private bar, big screen TV's, and oversized patio furniture for your comfort.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Arnold Palmer's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in La Quinta ›
Arnold Palmer's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (20)special occasion (19)neighborhood gem (14)good for groups (9)romantic (7)notable wine list (7)vibrant bar scene (6)fit for foodies (6)scenic view (5)late-night find (3)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Used to be greatIrishpvhVIPDined on 6/14/2014This used to be my favorite restaurant in the desert. It was awesome as a steakhouse. The food is now awful -- the past two visits I have had a steak that was way overcooked and they have removed a few cuts of meat from the menu. The people are still nice enough, but I cannot get past bad food at that price point. I am saddened by it, because it has been a special place to which I loved to bring my family for a special meal.
- must returnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014great service can hardly wait to see how the renovation is going to change, if any, the ambience of this great restaurant. Chilean sea bass was terrific, as was the hot brownie! Wife's free range chicken was still kind of blah, but still moist! Vegies done perfectly! Demeanor of all staff was excellent and energetic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last DayGr8TimeDined on 6/14/2014Filet was black and blue, not MR, salmon and desserts good. Low on items since it was the last day, limited drafts, no baked potato. Service was very relaxed, already on summer break, no professional language. The experience slipped a little, but we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableMD23Dined on 6/8/2014We went for out anniversary. They made us feel special. Great friendly service and excellent food. We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fathers Day treatIrvinetraveler2Dined on 6/8/2014I took my 90 year old father for the treat of having a meal at Arnold Palmers restaurant. The ambience of all the historic golf memorabilia is terrific. They had A three course dinner menu available for $38. Filet, sea bass choices. I had the lobster bisque soup, filet and creme brûlée desert. Soup was good, filet perfect , asparagus was a bit under cooked. Service was outstanding . A sale in bottles of wine and we ordered a bottle. Would go back, but it is 100 miles from my house. So it Is for special occasions for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Wonderful Lobster Bisque and plenty of it. Moist, rich Chilean Seabass! The filet was cooked as ordered and tender. Everyone enjoyed their desserts, too. A great time was had by all six of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely RestaurantZinnerDined on 6/4/2014The restaurant is less than 2 miles from my home. I enjoy the restaurants various dining areas. The bar is always busy and fun. The menu is well priced and the portions are adequate. It's well worth a visit or more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasantly surprisedAwinrmVIPDined on 6/3/2014We had never been there as La Quinta was a little further than we normally travel for dinner. We were very happy we made the trip. The food is great....good service....very comfortable dining rooms with great pictures of Palmer on the wall...carpeting on the floor to keep it relatively quiet. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second to noneBertDined on 6/1/2014One of the MUST DO things in LaQuinta. Everyone I take there thanks me for years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kudos to the Chef!whycookVIPDined on 5/30/2014When everyone raves about the food at your table from beginning to end, you know the chef is on to something good. Four of us dined last Friday night - the first night of "Restaurant Week" at this neighborhood gem. From the 3 course offerings, we sampled the creamy lobster bisque & Arnie's chopped blt salad starters followed by expertly prepared honey soy glazed sea bass, center cut filet & blackened double cut pork chop entrees. We finished off our perfectly enjoyable & delectable dining experience with the warm deep dish brownie & creme brûlée! Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprised it's so popularpbsazDined on 5/23/2014We're still looking for some go to places in La Quinta for dinner and based on the popularity thought maybe we found one in Arnold Palmers. Service was fine. Food for all three diners was bland.
- great special dinnerArniejewelDined on 5/20/2014Our server was very friendly, and just the right amount of attention..... not too much like some places. Would definitely returnSpecial Features:
- Very niceKateDined on 5/19/2014Great choice of food and it was excellent. Service was good. Sit out on the patio if you can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Green AtmosphereFox16criticDined on 5/12/2014Arnie's restaurant was much better than I had expected. The menu choices were different and yet the 3 dishes we choose were outstanding. I will probably go there whenever I'm in town.Special Features:
- Mother's Day DinnerlilshoesDined on 5/11/2014A most enjoyable evening. The food was fantastic as usual. In spite of a full room, the noise level was low and we could converse easily. This is one of our favorite restaurants in the valley, and I would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 663 reviews are from the Arnold Palmer's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Fantastic RestaurantHonestMDined on 5/3/2014This restaurant was recommended by a friend, who live in the area. What a great recommendation. The food was fantastic and the service was impeccable. The wedge salad was one of the best I have had and the prime rib was perfectly cooked. There were four in our party and all enjoyed their meal. Next time we are in La Quinta, we will be dining here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- averted disasterGrampybruceDined on 5/2/2014repeat customer as we love this place. Not such a good experience at first, as we were seated next to a LOUD and OBNOXIOUS party. We could not converse and had to endure foul language and loud conversations. We told our concerns to our waitress, Amanda, who moved us to a more favorable setting. Kudos to Amanda and the chef for a great dinner which could have ended before it began. Amanda was totally professional and saved our experience. We would definitely return to this establishment. We now know to request a more intimate setting.Special Features:
- Avoid!foodloverDined on 5/1/2014Do yourself a favor and avoid this restaurant. I booked because my husband is such a golf fan. Restaurant and memorabilia felt as old as the clientele. I should have paid attention to other reviews. Service was less than attentive and at best about Applebee's quality. Caesar salad was as previous reviewer indicated -- no anchovy -- and from what I can tell no garlic, lemon or Worcestshire sauce -- all key ingredients in a Caesar. My scallops were poorly done and the biggest failingt was my risotto was made with regular rice not risotto rice. Yes, I am a cook and foodie so I know the difference. Only bright spot was my husband's steak was ok. Looking for a great restaurant at the same price point try The Cork Tree in Palm Desert.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/30/2014Ambiance, service and food very good. Date/bacon appetizer excellent. Only improvement Caesar salad was a 2 out of 10. Tasted Like a bag you might buy in a market, didn't like the way the romaine was chopped (again what comes out of one of those prepackaged Bags), dressing iffy; should have freshly shaved Parmesan, just didn't seem up to par with the rest of the meal. Too bad about the Flies, but they did their best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/28/2014Establishment....clean and inviting Staff...professional and accommodating Food...fantastic presentation and delicious Price...on par for service delivered I would defintely recommend this as a must eat in LaQuintaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really a nice place!BarryAJDined on 4/27/2014Great ambiance, wonderful service and good food. What more can you ask for. All of Arnie's golfing pictures are an extra treat. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold steaks Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/25/2014First time customers . was highly recommended by restaurant owners in Laguna Beach. steaks were not hot, and there was no juice when cut into any of them.service very poor. John ( i think that was his name was very nice but had the big party in the wine cellar and we felt like an afterthought. would try the bar food.Special Features:
- it was niceKJTCDined on 4/19/2014After dining there for several it seems to have lost its energy. They closed off the British Open and US Open rooms which leads me to believe they are not getting the customers. I asked why and the response was they are remodeling. This used to be a vibrant restaurant which we always enjoyed. I really do not understand why thye are not getting the support as we enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- Wonderful with a question?DanthemanDined on 4/19/2014Why when it's 85 degrees outside would they light the propane heaters! Several people talked about how it made it way too warm! If it's 80 degrees outside and you need a heater you better get some geritol or go see the doctor!Special Features:
- SkkeewDined on 4/18/2014Great patio dining. Moved to large fire pit area after our meal was complete and loved it. We dined on a very busy Friday night, service was a little slow, however, we were in no hurry and really enjoyed the ambiance. Fun bar area as well. The fish plates were very good, the steaks were okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special TouchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/18/2014Since it was our anniversary, the waiter provided a desert, which we appreciate.Special Features:
- Outstanding RestaurantdeputydogDined on 4/17/2014The service and food are top notch. The white fish is especially moist and delicious. It has a really outside patio for dining. Have been here on several occasions, each experience was the same high quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New YorkerNewYorkerDined on 4/13/2014First time there.Table ready as per Reservation.Cocktails,bread,Water all on time.Lobster Bisque excellent. Caesar Salad had no Anchovies or Romaine Lettuce and otherwise tasteless.Prime Rib Excellent,Vegs were adequate. Waitress was friendly but inattentive.Bill arrived after we declined Dessert and before we asked for coffee Might have stayed for after dinner drinks but seemed like they were closing,air conditioned had been turned off at 9.00PM and we felt like we were being rushed out..I would go back because of the Prime Ribs.......Maybe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinning experienceJuniorDined on 4/10/2014This is a great restaurant. The atmosphere is welcoming and warm. The service was great. The food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine and WineBjdlovopentableVIPDined on 4/8/2014Food excellent, but wine was not good at all. Should have sent it back. I think the bottle had been opened for awhile. 3 of us felt the same. Otherwise food was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2014Arnold Palmers is one of my favorite restaurants. Food is always very good, service professional and great atmosphere. I love sitting outside and dining, and enjoying the great weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal &ServiceBlazer12Dined on 4/6/2014Glad we made the choice to go. Only complaint is that the background soundtrack music is unnecessary. Especially with live music coming from the lounge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mutton dressed up as lambBennyDined on 4/5/2014We all get a little tougher with age, but we don't need our food to be. Extremely disappointed with the food I ordered, which was the lamb. I love lamb, but on this occasion I could not eat it as it was so tough. I would call this mutton and definitely not lamb. It was so tough, I thought it was microwaved but waiter insisted it was not. Chef needs to change his/her supplier.Special Features:
- Great food at a pricepfflyermanDined on 4/4/2014Food was excellent but very pricey. Didn't have time to view the "Arnold Palmer" memorabilia but will definitely go back to imbibe and look at it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDaveUVIPDined on 4/4/2014The food was well prepared but not imaginative. The service was not worthy of a $$$$ priced restaurant.Special Features:
- Always a pleaserRKNRJMDined on 4/3/2014I've eaten here every time we visit the area. Food is consistently good. I recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a very nice setting with good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Golfer's DelightOrderupDined on 4/2/2014With so many visitors drawn to the Palm Springs valley for golf, a trip to Arnold Palmer's restaurant is a treat...not only for great food and drink but the tremendous amount of memoribilia. It's a wonderful tribute to one of the greats of all sports.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hostess staff ruins experiencegolfergirlVIPDined on 4/1/2014I will say the food was very good and the service we received from our waitress was excellent. It was where and how we were sat at our table. We arrived 15 minutes early and told our table wasn't ready and to wait in the bar. We didn't want a drink so we stood over to the side. From there we could see empty tables in a side dining room. At exactly our reservation time we were taken to the worst table in the side dining room. When asked if there was something in the main room, we were told no and not very nicely. We weren't even offered another table in that room or on the patio. All I got to see was a service area where they left the swinging doors open so I could see all the glasses. We won't be back.
- AP's is a tastefully appointedBL33Dined on 3/31/2014AP's is a tastefully appointed resturant with terrific food and service. We've eaten there several times and will vista again.Special Features:
- Classic in Indian WellsFIRSTTIMERVIPDined on 3/27/2014A must visit while in the Indian Wells area to see the classic memorabilia of great golfer Arnold Palmer. It is like a museum and a neat to look at everything. The food was delicious. Try the lobster bisque, my husband still raves about it. Top notch service. Visit the putting green outside and putt for a bit. Outdoor seating available and a nice setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.