141 West 38th Street
New York, NY 10018Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.arnoristorante.com/
- Phone: (212) 944-7420
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Luis Uzcha
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Office Delivery and off premise Catering is available upon request. We offer full service catering at the location of your choice.
- Special Events: We offer an Iron Chef Competition, Hands on Cooking Classes, Wine Tastings and a variety of special events for groups.
- Cross Street: Between 7th Avenue and Broadway
- Public Transit: 1, 2, 3,7, N, R, Q, W & Shuttle subway lines to Times Square/42nd Street, and B, D, F & V subway lines to 42nd Street/Bryant Park.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Central Parking System is located across the street. On Saturdays street parking is available.
A word from Arno Ristorante
Arno Ristorante serves tasty Northern Italian specialties in the heart of the Garment District. We are only a few blocks from Madison Square Garden and the Theater District.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Arno Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (24)neighborhood gem (23)great for lunch (20)special occasion (19)fit for foodies (16)notable wine list (14)romantic (9)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- It is a very good retaurant. The food is great.SegaVIPDined on 11/21/2014The food is very good and the staff is great. The manager Carlos makes you feel very well is able to be attentive to all customers. The wine list also has its attractions and is not expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect choice, great location and superb mealGigijrzcapeDined on 11/15/2014Arno was a last minute choice via Open Table. 2 couples, we figured we'd give it a try before a show since it was s close to the theater. If it wasn't great, oh well. But....... It was fantastic. I asked for a change from red to white on my seafood dish. Our waiters reply was, For you Bella, anything.. Service was on spot without being over bearing. A perfect evening. Would recommend. 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JackieVIPDined on 11/13/2014Food was good not grea like many restaurants in theater area. Our server however was outstanding.
- Excellent ExperienceCochiseDined on 11/12/2014Food excellent, wait staff accommodating and responsive. Management friendly and cordial.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive for quality of foodroygDined on 11/7/2014The restaurant is okay. Its waaaaaaay too expensive for the quality of food. It's meh, not bad but not good.Special Features:
- Awesome!!!FoodaholicDined on 11/7/2014Arno's was a recommendation by our hotel staff. They were right on the money. The food was spectacular and not overpriced. The waiters were great and one even sang "happy birthday" in Italian to a little girl at one of the tables. Would definitely go back on my next trip to NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-broadway italianThebestVIPDined on 11/5/2014Even though this restaurant was 10 blocks away from our show, it worked perfectly---great Italian comfort food, good efficient services, comfortable abience, and a good location to get a quick walk in before the showSpecial Features:
- AndyVIPDined on 11/5/2014The waiters were a bit too pushy to get us to order right away. it was actually disruptive
- Desi was the best!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014Service was exceptional and Desi just added to the overall experience! He sang to my daughter in Italian and made it an experience she will long remember. Food was very good and at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great after matineeDoesterDined on 11/1/2014The restaurant is very well appointed. The waitstaff was attentive and knowledgable about the specials and the menu selections. We had gone to a matinee so arrived at Arno at 5:00. We were seated immediately. Overall it was an excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another very good mealNewHopeDinerVIPDined on 10/29/2014I took a visiting instructor to dinner here. Ate at a table near the bar - less formal and able to watch people walking by. Service was fine - old time male waiters seem to be totally in step with this traditional Italian restaurant's ambiance. Food is very conistent in terms of quality and while not a knock 'em dead kind of place I never have to worry about bringing guests to it.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2014A must eat for great Italian food but then again it's NYC so there are so many other places to try but definitely give a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service are excellentcoffeeisoneVIPDined on 10/25/2014Great dinner with attentive and courteous wait staff. We were a party of four and everything from appetizers to coffee were beautifully presented and enjoyable. We had a variety of dishes: pasta, beef, veal and chicken -cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Definitely would be back!DanielVIPDined on 10/24/2014First time dinning here; treating a group of friends. Arno definitely didn't disappoint! The service is top-notch; friendly and polite. We brought our own red wine (Masi), and drank 4 btls of the Rose that the watier recommended (great wine). The food was for the most part was delicious. We had a prosciutto and cheese mix, cesare salad and ministrone soup; all tasted great! And the watier put together a good mix of variety pasta, nice! Then the group of us (6ppl) shared the entry: stake fillet, pasta nera (squid), and lobster penne. The stake fillet is a bit odd, but the other two were delicious. We wrapped up the dinner with the fine inhouse deserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Arno's staff is very welcoming and friendly. Service was excellent as was the food. Waitstaff is very attentive. I also like the fact they do not rush you out of the restaurant once you're done with you're meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicebuggedout70Dined on 10/10/2014Perfect for a business lunch or dinner. The service is impeccable and the food is consistently very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super fun experienceKimCDined on 10/9/2014The welcome was warm and things just got better from there. We were 5 people but they let us share 3 entrees. Secondly, the manger/owner? came to see us to say that one of the entrees wasn't very shareable and didn't we want something else. His recommendation was definitely shareable and very delicious. It still complemented what we had chosen. We are confident that they threw in a side dish as well just to balance out our choices. We know for sure that they threw in an extra dessert when we ordered 2 but they thought that we needed to try a different one. It was a great night, quaint, fun, great ambiance, and allowed us to focus on a family reunion and the great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding service and great foodHappyPatronDined on 10/9/2014I have never written a review. But I want to say what a lovely time we had. The service was outstanding and John our waiter was exellent. We loved the food too! We were there prior to a show and their timing was perfect. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arno -- the perfect choiceMontyREDDined on 10/6/2014Excellent! I needed: restaurant within walking distance of Penn Station, excellent food, intimate atmosphere and low level of noise. I was meeting guests from out of town and wanted to be sure that we could hear each other. One of the guests had recently had surgery and could not get around the City easily. Cabs weren't an option. Arno met all my criteria. I'm grateful that a friend recommended Arno to me because I didn't find it when I googled. The food was delicious and the wine was very good as well. Wonderful pasta! Excellent service -- attentive but not rushed or intrusive. The vegies were a little too crisp - would skip them next time. Thank you Arno. My guests appreciated my "find" and congratulated me. I was thrilled.Special Features:
- Terrific experience!jrnymanVIPDined on 10/4/2014Flawless - from the moment we walked in the door, the staff at Arno showed that they're pros who legitimately enjoy serving. Great ambiance, friendly, knowledgeable staff, delicious food, fair prices. Can't say enough about Arno.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- classic continentalscottnVIPDined on 9/25/2014Arno is a veteran restaurant serving classic northern Italian or as it used to be called continental food. Very nice room right in the middle of the garment center in midtown Manhattan. Comfortable and relatively quiet room, veteran and elegant service, a wide ranging menu. we shared some appetizers, most notable was a cold seafood salad with calamari, shrimp and octopus. Mains were some classic chicken and veal dishes. Desert cart was wonderful, with a lot of great choices including fresh berries. highly recommended if you are in the area, including looking for something nice for an event at MSG.Special Features:
- Good food, give yourself timeAnthonyCTVIPDined on 9/15/2014The food was terrific, and the attentive service is leisurely. Our lunch was close two hours which was a little long for a business lunch.Special Features:
- Over served, oversaucedAbbyVIPDined on 9/4/2014Fancy Italian. Food OK, but oversauced. Service intrusive
- Excellent choiceluvfoodDined on 9/3/2014met 3 others for business dinner - nice layout and ambiance and great food - everyone said this is a future go-to choiceSpecial Features:
- About What You'd Expect in Midtownbrward5VIPDined on 9/2/2014Had the Mozzarella Crostini and Veal Parmesan, iced tea to drink. Everything was average to poor taste especially for NY cuisine and the price point (bill was $60 with tip). The marinara is awful and food is horribly overpriced. Iced tea was $3 - each! I'm used to paying for refills in NYC but it's unusual to for the drink to come in a 6oz white wine glass and still be charged for refills. Midtown food is traditionally below-par for New York and on-par with national chain restaurants. This place is worse than most. I would rather dine at the Olive Garden.
- Arno after a Broadway showarnoandbroadwayDined on 8/16/2014I highly recommend the cuisine at Arno's following a Broadway matinee or before an evening show. The food is excellent as is the staff and the dining atmosphere. Everyone is friendly and accommodating. They even sang Happy Birthday to one of our party members whose birthday we were celebrating. This was an excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No School Like the Old School!!!DrumfunkstaVIPDined on 8/15/2014When we walked in, I looked around and thought, "Ok it looks like a classic Old School NY Italian Restaurant" It was kind of empty but don't let that keep you from going in! Arno is in the Fashion District and as such they do a huge lunch business and don't get a ton of tourists. That's the tourists' loss! They do decent theater business. Arno has been around for over 20 years and I now know why. The staff and the food! The service was outstanding! We were made to feel at home from the start. The menu is just the starting point and they do so much more! I had the tortellini Al'Amtriciana (onions, tomatoes, bacon and pancetta) Perfectly cooked and delicious! Risotto with seafood...Unbelievably good! I will keep coming back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceTCMinerDined on 8/4/2014We had six people for dinner and the food and service was excellent. It is a little off the beaten path but worth finding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hoped for moreMarkBDined on 7/28/2014Reservation for two after 8 on a Monday got us a seat along a wall. The wait staff is aged but very knowledgeable and authentic. We selected a decent wine from the wine list and both enjoyed the veal special. We were a bit disappointed in the presentation and the side, however, the main course was enjoyable. We passed on the dessert and coffee after being neglected for some time and then being offered the dessert cart from a neighboring waiter. Not memorable enough to return without trying other establishments with the same cuisine in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- The following 521 reviews are from the Arno Ristorante reviews archive.
- Denver3VIPDined on 7/22/2014Great food. Our waiter, Desi, was spectacular. This is a definite keeper.Special Features:
- Another fine mealAngelaWDined on 7/22/2014Arno Ristorante is a favorite for my office when we want a superior meal and Italian food is desired. I even brought my mom!Special Features:
- GREAT ITALIAN FOOD!wineluvDined on 7/17/2014IN ADDTION TO THE WONDERFUL FOOD, WHEN THE WAITER INFORMED US OF SPECIALS, I LIKED THAT HE EMPhasized WE COULD HAVE ANY SAUCE , IF THE DISH WAS PRESENTED AS SPICY, IT COULD BE MADE MILD.....SO ACCOMMODATING! WINELUV WILL BE BACKSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- showdinerDined on 7/16/2014It was our first time here. There were four of us and we each ordered different appetizers and entrees and we were all very pleased. The service was very good as was the ambience. It was an early evening seating so the noise level was quiet. We found a great new restaurant between the theater district and Penn Station.Special Features:
- Always consistentBeverlyVIPDined on 7/15/2014Arno's is a very lovely restaurant. The service is great. The food is yummy. The restaurant is comfortable. It's a great place to go for a business lunch, before theater, or just for a relaxing dinner.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experience!GVM924Dined on 7/12/2014I remembered having lunch here 13 years before and wanted to give my out of town friend a great dining experience after we went to the theater. We didn't want the noise & kitsch of the places in Times Square. It went beyond great: the food was amazing, the service was very professional & personable. We had the speciaI: pasta siciliano, caprese salad, white & dark chocolate cake with pineapple and a wonderful red wine recommended by the maitre'd. I would go back in a heartbeat. In fact, I'm planning on doing that for my son's birthday in August! I recommend Arno's wholeheartedly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Tradition in NYCShinerbluesDined on 6/30/2014This place is a gem.... The service exceptional .. the food amazing traditional Italian... It's a NYC staple... XOSpecial Features:
- DeliciousVictoriaMDined on 6/28/2014I've eaten here several times and the food never disappoints. I'm very particular with my Italian cuisine and this place is fantastic. My favorite dishes are the Gnocci pesto and Tortellini Bolognese. The wait staff is very friendly and attentive. Overall great experience. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticoBlip63Dined on 6/27/2014Arno Restoranre is a great restaurant with personal attention, superior service and fantastic food. Un ottimo restorante italiano!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/12/2014I've been here many times and always super happy...but not this last time. We had 3 different waiters take care of us over the course of a 1 hour lunch - never saw the same person twice. I was told of a seared scallop over black risotto special (which he said was amazing) and decided to get it but what was served was scallops with a side of saffron rice. The second waiter told me the first must have misunderstood the special (which I may add he had written down not memorized so find that hard to believe). The rice was mediocre and the scallops were not very sweet /tasty at all. Also tried the special appetizer which was portobello mushroom carpacio with some salad on top -- it was drab in color (not appetizing to look at) and flavor
- Service above and beyondAndyVIPDined on 6/10/2014The staff is extremely attentive and is happy to take special requests. never had to look up for a server, they were always looking out for usSpecial Features: