141 West 38th Street
New York, NY 10018Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.arnoristorante.com/
- Phone: 2129447420
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Luis Uzcha
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Office Delivery and off premise Catering is available upon request. We offer full service catering at the location of your choice.
- Special Events: We offer an Iron Chef Competition, Hands on Cooking Classes, Wine Tastings and a variety of special events for groups.
- Cross Street: Between 7th Avenue and Broadway
- Public Transit: 1, 2, 3,7, N, R, Q, W & Shuttle subway lines to Times Square/42nd Street, and B, D, F & V subway lines to 42nd Street/Bryant Park.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Central Parking System is located across the street. On Saturdays street parking is available.
A word from Arno Ristorante
Arno Ristorante serves tasty Northern Italian specialties in the heart of the Garment District. We are only a few blocks from Madison Square Garden and the Theater District.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Arno Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (24)neighborhood gem (23)special occasion (22)great for lunch (21)romantic (15)fit for foodies (12)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Good food, give yourself timeAnthonyCTVIPDined on 9/15/2014The food was terrific, and the attentive service is leisurely. Our lunch was close two hours which was a little long for a business lunch.Special Features:
- Over served, oversaucedAbbyVIPDined on 9/4/2014Fancy Italian. Food OK, but oversauced. Service intrusive
- Excellent choiceluvfoodDined on 9/3/2014met 3 others for business dinner - nice layout and ambiance and great food - everyone said this is a future go-to choiceSpecial Features:
- About What You'd Expect in Midtownbrward5VIPDined on 9/2/2014Had the Mozzarella Crostini and Veal Parmesan, iced tea to drink. Everything was average to poor taste especially for NY cuisine and the price point (bill was $60 with tip). The marinara is awful and food is horribly overpriced. Iced tea was $3 - each! I'm used to paying for refills in NYC but it's unusual to for the drink to come in a 6oz white wine glass and still be charged for refills. Midtown food is traditionally below-par for New York and on-par with national chain restaurants. This place is worse than most. I would rather dine at the Olive Garden.
- Arno after a Broadway showarnoandbroadwayDined on 8/16/2014I highly recommend the cuisine at Arno's following a Broadway matinee or before an evening show. The food is excellent as is the staff and the dining atmosphere. Everyone is friendly and accommodating. They even sang Happy Birthday to one of our party members whose birthday we were celebrating. This was an excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No School Like the Old School!!!DrumfunkstaVIPDined on 8/15/2014When we walked in, I looked around and thought, "Ok it looks like a classic Old School NY Italian Restaurant" It was kind of empty but don't let that keep you from going in! Arno is in the Fashion District and as such they do a huge lunch business and don't get a ton of tourists. That's the tourists' loss! They do decent theater business. Arno has been around for over 20 years and I now know why. The staff and the food! The service was outstanding! We were made to feel at home from the start. The menu is just the starting point and they do so much more! I had the tortellini Al'Amtriciana (onions, tomatoes, bacon and pancetta) Perfectly cooked and delicious! Risotto with seafood...Unbelievably good! I will keep coming back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceTCMinerDined on 8/4/2014We had six people for dinner and the food and service was excellent. It is a little off the beaten path but worth finding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hoped for moreMarkBDined on 7/28/2014Reservation for two after 8 on a Monday got us a seat along a wall. The wait staff is aged but very knowledgeable and authentic. We selected a decent wine from the wine list and both enjoyed the veal special. We were a bit disappointed in the presentation and the side, however, the main course was enjoyable. We passed on the dessert and coffee after being neglected for some time and then being offered the dessert cart from a neighboring waiter. Not memorable enough to return without trying other establishments with the same cuisine in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Denver3VIPDined on 7/22/2014Great food. Our waiter, Desi, was spectacular. This is a definite keeper.Special Features:
- Another fine mealAngelaWDined on 7/22/2014Arno Ristorante is a favorite for my office when we want a superior meal and Italian food is desired. I even brought my mom!Special Features:
- GREAT ITALIAN FOOD!wineluvDined on 7/17/2014IN ADDTION TO THE WONDERFUL FOOD, WHEN THE WAITER INFORMED US OF SPECIALS, I LIKED THAT HE EMPhasized WE COULD HAVE ANY SAUCE , IF THE DISH WAS PRESENTED AS SPICY, IT COULD BE MADE MILD.....SO ACCOMMODATING! WINELUV WILL BE BACKSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- showdinerDined on 7/16/2014It was our first time here. There were four of us and we each ordered different appetizers and entrees and we were all very pleased. The service was very good as was the ambience. It was an early evening seating so the noise level was quiet. We found a great new restaurant between the theater district and Penn Station.Special Features:
- Always consistentBeverlyVIPDined on 7/15/2014Arno's is a very lovely restaurant. The service is great. The food is yummy. The restaurant is comfortable. It's a great place to go for a business lunch, before theater, or just for a relaxing dinner.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experience!GVM924Dined on 7/12/2014I remembered having lunch here 13 years before and wanted to give my out of town friend a great dining experience after we went to the theater. We didn't want the noise & kitsch of the places in Times Square. It went beyond great: the food was amazing, the service was very professional & personable. We had the speciaI: pasta siciliano, caprese salad, white & dark chocolate cake with pineapple and a wonderful red wine recommended by the maitre'd. I would go back in a heartbeat. In fact, I'm planning on doing that for my son's birthday in August! I recommend Arno's wholeheartedly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Tradition in NYCShinerbluesDined on 6/30/2014This place is a gem.... The service exceptional .. the food amazing traditional Italian... It's a NYC staple... XOSpecial Features:
- DeliciousVictoriaMDined on 6/28/2014I've eaten here several times and the food never disappoints. I'm very particular with my Italian cuisine and this place is fantastic. My favorite dishes are the Gnocci pesto and Tortellini Bolognese. The wait staff is very friendly and attentive. Overall great experience. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticoBlip63Dined on 6/27/2014Arno Restoranre is a great restaurant with personal attention, superior service and fantastic food. Un ottimo restorante italiano!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/12/2014I've been here many times and always super happy...but not this last time. We had 3 different waiters take care of us over the course of a 1 hour lunch - never saw the same person twice. I was told of a seared scallop over black risotto special (which he said was amazing) and decided to get it but what was served was scallops with a side of saffron rice. The second waiter told me the first must have misunderstood the special (which I may add he had written down not memorized so find that hard to believe). The rice was mediocre and the scallops were not very sweet /tasty at all. Also tried the special appetizer which was portobello mushroom carpacio with some salad on top -- it was drab in color (not appetizing to look at) and flavor
- Service above and beyondAndyVIPDined on 6/10/2014The staff is extremely attentive and is happy to take special requests. never had to look up for a server, they were always looking out for usSpecial Features:
- Reliable FavoriteCarolCDined on 6/7/2014This was my third or fourth time at Arno. It's so convenient after a theatre matinee and on the way to Penn Station. Service is old-time attentive and the food is very good. We sat in the bar area the last time which was really appreciated since there was a private dinner of about 40 people in the dining area. Will definitely continue to come after Saturday matinees.Special Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/27/2014This was a special occasion, my daughter's college graduation dinner. The staff acknowledged that and definitely made us feel comfortable. We received great service from all staff members. But, a big shout out goes to our waiter, Desi. He had lots of personality and was a joy to have. The food was delicious, definitely no complaints from our party.Special Features:
- The following 508 reviews are from the Arno Ristorante reviews archive.
- Great taste!Rene21VIPDined on 5/16/2014Italy out of Italy! Every dish was very taste and fresh ! Service was friendly !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- closest thing to Romediner14VIPDined on 5/15/2014great food....shrimp cocktail, veal and pasta. I go there every time I am in NY!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/14/2014I had friends in from Italy and our dining experience couldn't be better. The waiters spoke Italian, and made them feel welcome. Service was great. Food was delicious. I have been here many times before, and I am never dissappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected PleasureTaxprofsDined on 5/10/2014We visited Arno last Saturday night and were very pleasantly surprised. The restaurant has a charm even though it is very large. The service was very professional and the food was outstanding. The staff was especially friendly and helpful. We will definitely return as it is convenient to most Broadway plays and midtown events.Special Features:
- Food Excellent!kushieVIPDined on 5/7/2014While the food was great, did not expect the crowd of people, probably some for Madison Square Garden. The waiter was very attentive and had a great personality. If I was in the neighborhood, I would return.
- Solo DinerPeterpanVIPDined on 4/28/2014Friend cancelled last minute, but I had to eat. Convenient to Penn Station. It was fine, but I prefer the bar area and GREAT potato chips!!!!Special Features:
- Best bet near Penn Station!LovetodineDined on 4/24/2014Great Italian food and service. Just a shirt walk to Penn station. A great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findWadeBDined on 4/23/2014Food was quite good, staff was attentive and engaging (our waiter was actually quite humorous). Prices a bit high, but very good place all around.
- Great Italian food in garment centeJgjohnDined on 4/10/2014Great food for reasonable price, had the tortellini bolognese. The other 3 people with me all felt that this was a very good restaurant. Very charming and entertaining waiter. Definitely recommend if you are in the garment center or midtown westSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The branzino was outstanding,SigmaDined on 4/10/2014The branzino was outstanding, among the best i have had. Service was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant service friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/4/2014pleasant service friendly waitstaff and excellent food. they will always prepare your food however you ask. very accomodatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre, overpriced foodInfrequentNYCflyerDined on 3/29/2014Service was really great, as we were the only Table in the restaurant. Food was definitely mediocre at best and overpriced. Descriptions did not pan out very accurate. Would Not return.
- Good Italian Near Times SquareOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/25/2014I had the veal chop (broiled) and it was amazing! One of the best I've ever had. It was cooked perfectly and came out fairly quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant is FantasticThiswasgreatDined on 3/22/2014A definite must! From the time u walk in to when u leave u will enjoy the experience. We were 4 people - had appetizers, entree and dessert. We shared and everything was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is good, severs are attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/20/2014Great place for a large group, as there is often room to accommodateSpecial Features:
- Outdated Tourist TrapSteveDined on 3/15/2014Place is outdated, food is poor quality and service is drab - skip it if you value your money and time. Arrived at 6 pm and the place was nearly empty. The service was poor and tip driven. The wait staff ignored our table unless they were assigned to it. Overall, have had much better and there really isn't any reason to return in a town with so many better choices. There's nothing special about this tourist trap. We ordered on pasta dish and one chicken dish. The pasta (tortoleni) was something any of us could have made at home and was not attractive by appearance. The chicken dish was supposed to be breast stuffed with prosciutto and cheese. It was served as a flattened piece of chicken with a thin slice of ham w/ lump of potatoes.
- Arno is always awesome tojustmeVIPDined on 3/6/2014Arno is always awesome to me! Never had a bad experience, still one of my favorite spots in NYC.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arno - March 4, 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/4/2014Great dinner, great service. Our waiter was top-notch.Special Features:
- Arno's is excellent with verylynnDined on 2/22/2014Arno's is excellent with very good food and sevice. I would go back and highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.