813 Rue Bienville Street
New Orleans, LA 70112Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.arnauds.com/
- Phone: 8662308895x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:30pm; Jazz Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Executive Chef: Tommy DiGiovanni
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Full Bar, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Strolling jazz trio for Sunday's Jazz Brunch from 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Arnaud's Jazz Bistro offers a live Dixieland jazz trio nightly from 6:30pm - 10:00pm for a $4.00 per person music charge.
A word from Arnaud's
If you are looking to dine in style, reserve a table in our nostalgic Main Dining room, with its gorgeous mosaic floors and beveled glass windows, or in our Jazz Bistro, were you can indulge your appetite for food and Jazz. A $4.00 per person music charge will be added to the bill in the Jazz Bistro. Both dining rooms offer the same menu and service, so you can chose the atmosphere that would please you most while dining on our wonderful Creole Cuisine. We hope you let us show you a fabulous New Orleans dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCreole
Arnaud's - Best Restaurants in French Quarter ›
Arnaud's reviews from OpenTable diners
224 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (154)romantic (124)fit for foodies (92)notable wine list (64)good for groups (62)great for brunch (58)neighborhood gem (54)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (16)great for lunch (14)scenic view (13)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Incredible BrunchIndydinerVIPDined on 9/14/2014To get the real feel of old New Orleans you must dine here. Incredible food and service. The table side jazz musicians were awesome and the vocalist made me feel that Satchmo was resurrected!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JaZ Brunchps139Dined on 9/14/2014Fantastic. Menu was outstanding. Food was delicious. Service was exceptional. Atmosphere was ideal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cary CraigOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Every aspect of the Arnauds experience was outstanding. Food, service , atmosphere,....beyond outstanding. The strolling jazz trio even serenaded us with my wife and I's favorite song! Bravo Arnauds!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect anniversary celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary with a weekend in New Orleans and dinner at Arnaud's. I had included a note in the reservation that we were celebrating and everyone from the hostess to our servers wished us a happy anniversary. The service was the best part of the experience - our team of servers were knowledgeable, friendly, and attentive but not intrusive. Food was delicious. Bananas Foster was the perfect conclusion to the meal. I would highly recommend visiting Arnaud's during your next NOLA trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Gem of New OrleansCTFoodieDined on 9/10/2014A group of 6 of us went for dinner, we were promptly seated, the menu was perfect, the food was incredible, and the service could not have been any better! We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Jazz BistrokaufmanrnDined on 9/8/2014We were a group of 7 that ate dinner at the Jazz Bistro. The food was delicious. You can cut the filet with a spoon! Service was outstanding. They were very attentive and accommodating. The Jazz music was nice. The band goes to all tables individually and asks for requests. It seemed like they did a lot of intermissions, so we only experienced live music for about half our dinner stay. Decor was nothing outstanding, but still nice. Prices are above average, but worth it. With drinks, an appetizer and 2 entrees, my husband and I paid $140. Again, it was worth it for the experience as a whole.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must in New OrleansBillBDined on 9/7/2014The Sunday Jazz brunch is a must. Food and service are great. The wandering jazz ensemble are perfect. My only negative is that Arnaud's doesn't seem to have the backbone to enforce their stated dress code. They ask for collared shirts and prefer jackets. Then they let a bunch of social degenerates in in shorts and t-shirts. It really diminishes the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- memorable eveningHighonlifeDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I picked Arnaud's to celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary. We had a wonderful dinner. Food was excellent. The service was even better. We would go back again and I think next time we will try the jazz club. I would like to encourage people to treat this restaurant with the respect that it deserves by dressing appropriately for a fine dinning establishment. I was a little shocked at some of the extremely casual guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedDavidDined on 9/5/2014Food was outstanding. Service was subpar until the manager (Marine veteran) took over and made the experience into an awesome night. I recommend the Ponchartrain. After dinner, walk over to their cigar bar and have a smoke and a cocktail. Great ambiance. We had a shot called Lions Den. We renamed it Litter Box because it was awful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond expectationsMercracingfanDined on 9/5/2014Recommended by our hotel staff. My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary while visiting New Orleans. Arnaud's came very highly recommended and it did not disappoint. The staff was brilliantly attentive and efficient. Food prep was very timely, drinks served right on time and without delay. Quality of the dinner was probably the best prepared fillet that I have ever had. The mushroom béarnaise over it was a new and incredible delight. Going on the suggestions of the staff was certainly a good choice. We do not do fine dining very often. This is certainly a time where I am very happy we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deserved ReputationsoutherntraditionDined on 9/4/2014Arnaud's lived up to it's reputation as a fine dining resyaurant. It's great to have places like these that keep traditions in dining experiences alive. Not a place for every one, but a place that you will be pampered by the wait staff and enjoy wonderfully prepared food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerFoodie1and2Dined on 9/4/2014My husband and I recently went to New Orleans for our anniversary and booked a table at Aurnauds for a special dinner. The food was very good, although a little dated. Felt like I had been transported to the 80's, service was incredible and the staff very informative. We felt a little too pricey for the food. But fun experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shrimp ArnaudHenriDined on 9/3/2014A 10 best of guidebook said try the Shrimp Arnaud and pommes soufles. They did not disappoint. I had Shrimp Karen which was very good and my wife enjoyed trout filet with a wonderful lemon butter almond sauce. Very attentive and informative service.Special Features:
- unexpectedly wonderfulpeteDined on 9/3/2014Arnaud's was recommended by the conceirage and rightfully so. Perhaps the best combo of food, atmosphere and music in the Quarter. Try the pork. Perfect!Special Features:
- No Jacket-No ProblemBeansnriceDined on 9/3/2014Atmosphere in back dining room perfect for visitors from out of town; not stuffy, allows patrons who are dressed for the New Orleans summer weather(shorts, no jackets, etc.). Live music added to the overall ambience. Food excellent as usual, ordered many dishes to share, topped off with Cafe Brulot prepared table side, which is as entertaining as it is delicious. Exceptional service by professional waitstaff. Two thumbs up x5!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New Orleans InstitutionTorontonianInLouisianaDined on 8/31/2014Arnaud's is a restaurant that epitomizes the feel of old New Orleans. The dining room is beautiful, the service is good, and the food is consists largely of quintessential Creole offerings. The desserts was amazing! It is worth noting that this review is regarding the Jazz Brunch, so the music was very cool, as well (old jazz standards).Special Features:
- Great Sunday BrunchBiomom40VIPDined on 8/31/2014We were in for Labor Day Weekend and wanted a late breakfast/brunch on Sunday. Arnaud's was just perfect. Started with their signature Shrimp Remoulade and on to Fried Redfish. We opted for the 4 course pre fixe menu, so we also got a salad and dessert. Oh, and there was the awesome jazz/blues trio that circulated around the room and took requests.Special Features:
- Arnaud'sluvtoeatoutDined on 8/30/2014Service and food were great. Relaxed atmosphere and ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually Exceptional, off this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Arnaud's is usually a fantastic experience, but this last time it was a little off the mark. The shrimp and lobster bisque was so salty it had to be returned (and not just my table, other tables did too) and the Sazerac was not as good as they usually are. Turtle soup was great, but the Shrimp Creole was bland. Beautiful place, great service, and usually good food, but this last time did not meet what I was expecting. I will try again though, maybe it was just an off night.Special Features:
- Not What I Hoped it Would BeTable42Dined on 8/28/2014Had high expectations of this NOLA landmark...but it missed the mark. Staff provided great service, great wine list across all price points. Appetizers were alligator sausage & snails. Sausage was tasty, and snail presentation was nice, but lacking in garlic butter making the snails dry & tasteless. The duck was drenched in a cloying blueberry sauce which masked portions of it that were overcooked and rubbery skin. The veal wohl was sampling of 3 dishes, veal, crawfish & crab cake--each portion about the size of a golf ball. Veal was the best of the three; crab cake overly salty, crawfish in a bland sauce. Best part of dinner was bread and asparagus. Creme Brulee presentation sad...not even a berry or mint leaf for decoration??Special Features:
- As good as it gets.MrVeeDined on 8/24/2014We were and still are delightfully impressed with every aspect if Arnaud's. The turtle soup itself us a complete experience. From the greeting at the door to the sincere invitation to return the entire evening was at every course exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OldiesDined on 8/17/2014Celebrated our 50th anniversary there. Food and atmosphere wonderful and loved the music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazz BrunchDachsiechicDined on 8/17/2014Service is most top notch I have ever experienced. The Gumbo Trio played/sang table side, they were really good. Food was superb and crepe dessert was prepared table side as well. The restaurant team is in sync and this restaurant is a class act and worth every penny.Special Features:
- Foodnominal!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014My experience of eating of for the past 56+years, this one of Arnaud's, was the most fabulous ever!! I have never ever tasted a filet mignon that was so-o-o-o delicious!! I cannot wait to get back there!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than we'd hoped forrun2eatDined on 8/13/2014We specifically wanted an elegant, historic restaurant featuring old fashioned, New Orleans creole cuisine. Arnauds definitely delivered on that! It was a very empty restaurant although understandably it was a Wednesday, in August. One crab entree was cold and had to be returned, and the other crab entree was lack luster and bland in taste. During the wait for the new entree, a signature appetizer - shrimp Arnaud -was brought out at no charge which was a very classy thing to do. The seafood gumbo was excellent and the wine list expansive.Special Features:
- MindyDined on 8/12/2014We ate here just about a week before closing for maintenance, and the food was not as outstanding as we thought it might be based upon the recommendation of my son in law. Lovely facility and nicely romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for a small groupwjparkerVIPDined on 8/12/2014Have eaten here since 1977 and always try to include it when I visit New Orleans (which is several times per year). Food reflects the unique New Orleans style plus the unique touches that Arnaud's does. Fresh seafood has always been fantastic.Special Features:
- Outstanding Dinner at Arnaud'sCarol6307Dined on 8/11/2014We had dinner at Arnaud's in the French Quarter during our stay in New Orleans. The food and service was outstanding. It is a wonderful place to flavor the excellent New Orleans cuisine and old fashion New Orleans style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazz Brunch ExperiencelovegoodfoodDined on 8/10/2014Brunch was delicious. Our entree price included an appetizer, salad and dessert. There were several entrees to choose from. We both had the Egg Benedict duo. Lots to eat. The Jazz Band walked the restaurant entertaining each table and that was enjoyable.Special Features:
- Classic New OrleansCaptJasonDined on 8/9/2014Arnaud's is the classic New Orleans dinner house. Great menu and impecable service. A wide wine list with excellent selections and recommendations. Daily local seafood specialties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local favoriteDeltaladyDined on 8/9/2014Arnaud's is simply superb. Excellent dinner and attentive staff....Special Features:
- Grandmothers 80th BirthdayhungryhippoDined on 8/7/2014My family came to New Orleans from all over the US to celebrate my Grandmothers birthday! My mother made reservations at multiple restaurants for that night. She finally decided on Arnauds because of the live Jazz Band. 4 out of the 5 people in the party of seafood lovers and I remember being blown away by how great the food was. There was Shrimp Bisque, crab claws and turtle soup ordered for apps. They were out of this world, as was our main dishes. Then we had a Baked Alaska brought to the table and that cake by FAR was the best cake I have ever had....and I am not a big cake eater. The service was great, I work in the Hospitality industry and love seeing great service. Finally the Jazz band was FANTASTIC, they were my Gma's fav part!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every time I'm in NOLA ...MarkDined on 8/4/2014I visit at least once. Despite the right-off-Bourbon-Street location (which can seem a tad seedy) Arnaud's exudes 100% class. Top tier service. Excellent food. Among the best a true "food destination" city has to offer. Steeped in "Old New Orleans" tradition, this place is a home run every time. A true classic. It's not inexpensive (plan on $100-$125 per person if you do it right with a "normal" alcohol tab and dessert) but worth every last penny. If I absolutely had to point out one negative, it would be that portion sizes could be bigger but they are certainly not inadequate. Try the Bananas Foster - flambéd table side - for a memorable end to what I'm sure will be a memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive and worth itKevinDined on 8/3/2014The Sunday brunch was superb. Two wait staff and a bus boy per table makes for wonderful service… attentive but not fawning or intrusive. The floors of this very old building are not level so wait staff automatically prop up table and chairs with small shims carried in their pockets; seems amateurish and make shift for a venue with a meal costing a hundred bucks. Food was great, well plated, and served in a timely manner. A strolling three piece combo plays background music and went table to table for requests… a nice touch. All in all a very nice experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceFrankandLolaDined on 8/2/2014We enjoyed our evening at Arnauds! We were celebrating my birthday and it lived up to expectations! The service exceeded expectations. I particularly enjoyed the music, including Stars Fell on Alabama. We would recommend and we will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KaykaykayDined on 8/2/2014We chose Arnaud's to celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary and were not disappointed. The experience was everything we expected and more. You can be assured that we will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great Creole FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014Note, this is not Cajun, but classic Creole cooking, heavily influenced by French cuisine. The Shrimp Arnaud was fantastic. every fish dish got raves, and ended it all with flaming coffee. extensive wine list at all price points, wonderful wait staff, even great bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tpt1954Dined on 8/1/2014A classic and wonderful experience for our 38th anniversary. We are not wealthy, but this complete dining experience was worth every dollar!Special Features:
- Outstanding food and superb serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/31/2014First you have to start with the best shrimp roumalaude in the world. Then some of their soufle potatoes. Veal Wohl and the Pompino. Finish with the caffe diablo. Outstanding service and no bester food around. And I have been eating in N O for 60 years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal restaurantoverpricedDined on 7/30/2014Service was impecable, food was awesome, ambiance was spectacular! The tour upstairs was remarkable. What beautiful costumes and history. We ate here twice during our recent trip to NOLA. The second time was after we walked out on a bad experience at Antoines. We will definitely reserve a table at Arnaud's when we return to NOLA in December.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.