813 Rue Bienville Street
New Orleans, LA 70112Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.arnauds.com/
- Phone: 8662308895x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:30pm; Jazz Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, French, Creole
- Executive Chef: Tommy DiGiovanni
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Full Bar, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Strolling jazz trio for Sunday's Jazz Brunch from 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Arnaud's Jazz Bistro offers a live Dixieland jazz trio nightly from 6:30pm - 10:00pm for a $4.00 per person music charge.
A word from Arnaud's
If you are looking to dine in style, reserve a table in our nostalgic Main Dining room, with its gorgeous mosaic floors and beveled glass windows, or in our Jazz Bistro, were you can indulge your appetite for food and Jazz. A $4.00 per person music charge will be added to the bill in the Jazz Bistro. Both dining rooms offer the same menu and service, so you can chose the atmosphere that would please you most while dining on our wonderful Creole Cuisine. We hope you let us show you a fabulous New Orleans dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCreole
Arnaud's - Best Restaurants in French Quarter ›
Arnaud's reviews from OpenTable diners
256 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (179)romantic (141)fit for foodies (111)great for brunch (74)notable wine list (72)good for groups (69)neighborhood gem (59)vibrant bar scene (20)hot spot (19)great for lunch (18)scenic view (15)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great New Orleans InstitutionTorontonianInLouisianaDined on 8/31/2014Arnaud's is a restaurant that epitomizes the feel of old New Orleans. The dining room is beautiful, the service is good, and the food is consists largely of quintessential Creole offerings. The desserts was amazing! It is worth noting that this review is regarding the Jazz Brunch, so the music was very cool, as well (old jazz standards).Special Features:
- Not What I Hoped it Would BeTable42Dined on 8/28/2014Had high expectations of this NOLA landmark...but it missed the mark. Staff provided great service, great wine list across all price points. Appetizers were alligator sausage & snails. Sausage was tasty, and snail presentation was nice, but lacking in garlic butter making the snails dry & tasteless. The duck was drenched in a cloying blueberry sauce which masked portions of it that were overcooked and rubbery skin. The veal wohl was sampling of 3 dishes, veal, crawfish & crab cake--each portion about the size of a golf ball. Veal was the best of the three; crab cake overly salty, crawfish in a bland sauce. Best part of dinner was bread and asparagus. Creme Brulee presentation sad...not even a berry or mint leaf for decoration??Special Features:
- As good as it gets.MrVeeDined on 8/24/2014We were and still are delightfully impressed with every aspect if Arnaud's. The turtle soup itself us a complete experience. From the greeting at the door to the sincere invitation to return the entire evening was at every course exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OldiesDined on 8/17/2014Celebrated our 50th anniversary there. Food and atmosphere wonderful and loved the music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazz BrunchDachsiechicDined on 8/17/2014Service is most top notch I have ever experienced. The Gumbo Trio played/sang table side, they were really good. Food was superb and crepe dessert was prepared table side as well. The restaurant team is in sync and this restaurant is a class act and worth every penny.Special Features:
- Foodnominal!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014My experience of eating of for the past 56+years, this one of Arnaud's, was the most fabulous ever!! I have never ever tasted a filet mignon that was so-o-o-o delicious!! I cannot wait to get back there!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than we'd hoped forrun2eatDined on 8/13/2014We specifically wanted an elegant, historic restaurant featuring old fashioned, New Orleans creole cuisine. Arnauds definitely delivered on that! It was a very empty restaurant although understandably it was a Wednesday, in August. One crab entree was cold and had to be returned, and the other crab entree was lack luster and bland in taste. During the wait for the new entree, a signature appetizer - shrimp Arnaud -was brought out at no charge which was a very classy thing to do. The seafood gumbo was excellent and the wine list expansive.Special Features:
- MindyDined on 8/12/2014We ate here just about a week before closing for maintenance, and the food was not as outstanding as we thought it might be based upon the recommendation of my son in law. Lovely facility and nicely romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for a small groupwjparkerVIPDined on 8/12/2014Have eaten here since 1977 and always try to include it when I visit New Orleans (which is several times per year). Food reflects the unique New Orleans style plus the unique touches that Arnaud's does. Fresh seafood has always been fantastic.Special Features:
- Outstanding Dinner at Arnaud'sCarol6307Dined on 8/11/2014We had dinner at Arnaud's in the French Quarter during our stay in New Orleans. The food and service was outstanding. It is a wonderful place to flavor the excellent New Orleans cuisine and old fashion New Orleans style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazz Brunch ExperiencelovegoodfoodDined on 8/10/2014Brunch was delicious. Our entree price included an appetizer, salad and dessert. There were several entrees to choose from. We both had the Egg Benedict duo. Lots to eat. The Jazz Band walked the restaurant entertaining each table and that was enjoyable.Special Features:
- Classic New OrleansCaptJasonDined on 8/9/2014Arnaud's is the classic New Orleans dinner house. Great menu and impecable service. A wide wine list with excellent selections and recommendations. Daily local seafood specialties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local favoriteDeltaladyDined on 8/9/2014Arnaud's is simply superb. Excellent dinner and attentive staff....Special Features:
- Grandmothers 80th BirthdayhungryhippoDined on 8/7/2014My family came to New Orleans from all over the US to celebrate my Grandmothers birthday! My mother made reservations at multiple restaurants for that night. She finally decided on Arnauds because of the live Jazz Band. 4 out of the 5 people in the party of seafood lovers and I remember being blown away by how great the food was. There was Shrimp Bisque, crab claws and turtle soup ordered for apps. They were out of this world, as was our main dishes. Then we had a Baked Alaska brought to the table and that cake by FAR was the best cake I have ever had....and I am not a big cake eater. The service was great, I work in the Hospitality industry and love seeing great service. Finally the Jazz band was FANTASTIC, they were my Gma's fav part!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every time I'm in NOLA ...MarkDined on 8/4/2014I visit at least once. Despite the right-off-Bourbon-Street location (which can seem a tad seedy) Arnaud's exudes 100% class. Top tier service. Excellent food. Among the best a true "food destination" city has to offer. Steeped in "Old New Orleans" tradition, this place is a home run every time. A true classic. It's not inexpensive (plan on $100-$125 per person if you do it right with a "normal" alcohol tab and dessert) but worth every last penny. If I absolutely had to point out one negative, it would be that portion sizes could be bigger but they are certainly not inadequate. Try the Bananas Foster - flambéd table side - for a memorable end to what I'm sure will be a memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive and worth itKevinDined on 8/3/2014The Sunday brunch was superb. Two wait staff and a bus boy per table makes for wonderful service… attentive but not fawning or intrusive. The floors of this very old building are not level so wait staff automatically prop up table and chairs with small shims carried in their pockets; seems amateurish and make shift for a venue with a meal costing a hundred bucks. Food was great, well plated, and served in a timely manner. A strolling three piece combo plays background music and went table to table for requests… a nice touch. All in all a very nice experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceFrankandLolaDined on 8/2/2014We enjoyed our evening at Arnauds! We were celebrating my birthday and it lived up to expectations! The service exceeded expectations. I particularly enjoyed the music, including Stars Fell on Alabama. We would recommend and we will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KaykaykayDined on 8/2/2014We chose Arnaud's to celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary and were not disappointed. The experience was everything we expected and more. You can be assured that we will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great Creole FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014Note, this is not Cajun, but classic Creole cooking, heavily influenced by French cuisine. The Shrimp Arnaud was fantastic. every fish dish got raves, and ended it all with flaming coffee. extensive wine list at all price points, wonderful wait staff, even great bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tpt1954Dined on 8/1/2014A classic and wonderful experience for our 38th anniversary. We are not wealthy, but this complete dining experience was worth every dollar!Special Features:
- Outstanding food and superb serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/31/2014First you have to start with the best shrimp roumalaude in the world. Then some of their soufle potatoes. Veal Wohl and the Pompino. Finish with the caffe diablo. Outstanding service and no bester food around. And I have been eating in N O for 60 years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/30/2014Service was impecable, food was awesome, ambiance was spectacular! The tour upstairs was remarkable. What beautiful costumes and history. We ate here twice during our recent trip to NOLA. The second time was after we walked out on a bad experience at Antoines. We will definitely reserve a table at Arnaud's when we return to NOLA in December.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemoriesWoogie1031Dined on 7/28/2014I haven't eaten here in years but I decided I wanted to try and get back to all of the old New Orleans classic restaurants. First, let me begin by saying that I have Celiac's disease and that eaten out can be frustrating. Arnaud's had a beautiful gluten free menu that included some of my favorite classics. I started with the pomme soufflé (beautiful little puffed potatoes with Bernaise sauce), which was such a treat since I never get to eat the bread and butter. Next we had Shrimp Arnaud, a classic shrimp remoulade, but it had this wonderful kick of horseradish, then the Arnaud salad a simple classic, followed by fish with fresh tomatoes and olives and finally the Bananas Foster!! Yum. I was so delighted and forgot that I had Celiacs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic for a romantic mealnavinDined on 7/28/2014An upscale dining experience. Service is multi-layered and attentive. Drinks are well-made, and the food is excellent. I had the pompano duarte and had to restrain myself from licking the plate. My spouse had the speckled trout meuniere; the fish was wonderful and words can hardly describe the sauce (fortunately there is plenty of bread for dipping). And the souffle potatos are killer. We finished with stuffed crepes, which had my wife rolling her eyes. Worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JanelleVIPDined on 7/26/2014This was our first visit and it did not disappoint! The food and service were amazing! We loved our meals and enjoyed the bananas foster was delicious!Special Features:
- good datemrsmudpuppyDined on 7/24/2014Service excellent. Very attentive. Food very good but over priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014One of the Best Fine Restaurants in New Orleans Chas WSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingLocavore2014Dined on 7/20/2014With all the rave about this being a New Orleans icon we were disappointed. the food was good but not outstanding. The fish of the day was overcooked, the crab cakes were good but not outstanding either. For the price there's better in the french quarter! The server repeatedly tired to upsell more food. We had to repeatedly say no and apologize for doing so.Special Features:
- Fantastic Sunday BrunchAndyDined on 7/20/2014Without question, the best Sunday Brunch in New Orleans. It is a four course meal and the prices range between $30 to $40; quite a bargain. Service is very sharp and the jazz band added a lot to the total experience. I will be back!Special Features:
- OpentableuserVIPDined on 7/20/2014We had the Sunday jazz brunch. Four courses, reasonably priced. Jazz group was great. Service, as always, was great. Food was tasty. We look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going dow hillGary9113VIPDined on 7/19/2014We went to Arnaud's for our 30th anniversary. We could not sit in main dining room because I had on shorts. Pretty antiquated for New Orleans in July but we enjoyed the jazz bistro. Band was very good even though we had to pay an upcharge of $8.00 to hear the music. Oh well, our decision I ordered the pompano en croute which was a tiny and I do mean tiny piece of fish smothered in this puff pastry which was so thick it appeared to be a biscuit. All I tasted was the pastry. What a waste of money. My wife had the drum Mitchell. She thought it was ok but very over priced. For my first course I had oysters on the half shell. Several of the shells had cracked so I spent most of my time picking shells out if my mouth. I will never be back
- Great dining experience!Love2dineoutDined on 7/18/2014Classic New Orleans food was great and service was wonderful. We had a fantastic Friday night dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat PerformanceJPAZDined on 7/15/2014It has been about 10 years since we last visited Arnaud's. We were not disappointed with our latest visit. Food and service were wonderful. It is an experience that is uniquely New Orleans and famously romantic. There are newer places to experience, but Arnaud's will always be special as long as food and service quality continue to be outstanding. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- ArnaudsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2014A real great SundY bruch, great food at a moderate price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and food disappointingNOLAfunDined on 7/12/2014The potential was there , chaos was obvious. Unfortunately we do not plan to visit again.
- As Good As We RememberedJakeChiliDined on 7/12/2014It had been 15 years since our last visit and we were pleased that it lived up to our memories. Classically appointed dining room, impeccable service and every dish was perfect. Crawfish O'Connor was the best crawfish dish ever. A perfect dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, but loudArnaudsfanDined on 7/12/2014We have enjoyed Arnaud's for years. The food has always been excellent as is its location to our favorite hotels. This time we decided to break with tradition and dine in the jazz bistro portion of the restaurant. I wish we hadn't. The food was as good as ever. The service was a step below what we have come to expect and it was LOUD. It wasn't so much the three piece band, but the conversation level in the room echoed. We literally had to strain to hear the person just across the table. Fortunately, we had a late reservation and a big portion of the crowd cleared out midway through our dinner. We still had a wonderful time, but it was a step below the excellence that is their norm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AdelyVIPDined on 7/11/2014Enjoyable but rather overpriced given the food and service. Music was good.
- Fun nightChipFoodHCDined on 7/10/2014Great music and wonderful food with attentive service.Special Features:
- Special OccasionfoodyDined on 7/9/2014We went to Arnaud's expecting a fabulous dining experience. The first waiter was rude so we asked for another waiter, then the service was excellent. The food was ok, not as good as other NO restaurants we have been to. It was very noisy.