813 Rue Bienville Street
New Orleans, LA 70112Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.arnauds.com/
- Phone: 8662308895x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:30pm; Jazz Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, French, Creole
- Executive Chef: Tommy DiGiovanni
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Full Bar, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Strolling jazz trio for Sunday's Jazz Brunch from 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Arnaud's Jazz Bistro offers a live Dixieland jazz trio nightly from 6:30pm - 10:00pm for a $4.00 per person music charge.
A word from Arnaud's
If you are looking to dine in style, reserve a table in our nostalgic Main Dining room, with its gorgeous mosaic floors and beveled glass windows, or in our Jazz Bistro, were you can indulge your appetite for food and Jazz. A $4.00 per person music charge will be added to the bill in the Jazz Bistro. Both dining rooms offer the same menu and service, so you can chose the atmosphere that would please you most while dining on our wonderful Creole Cuisine. We hope you let us show you a fabulous New Orleans dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCreole
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Arnaud's - Best Restaurants in French Quarter ›
Arnaud's reviews from OpenTable diners
234 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (160)romantic (112)fit for foodies (111)good for groups (71)notable wine list (60)great for brunch (58)neighborhood gem (56)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (16)scenic view (10)great for lunch (10)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- Cape Cod LizOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Everything was top notch at this restaurant. We went into the room with Jazz and it was very lively and entertaining. There is a small surcharge for this room but well worth it. We wish we had stuck with the fixed price menu since we got carried away and spent twice as much as we would have if we hadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014We saved our last night in New Orleans to eat at Arnaud's. It was perfect. The wait staff is the best and were always in sync. Roland was our favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014We have eaten at Arnaud's twice now in the Jazz Bistro and enjoyed it very much. Try the Mushrooms Veronique appetizer. It is, however, very loud, which kind of cuts down on the romance factor.Special Features:
- A perfect evening for usFoodie4lifeDined on 10/15/2014We came to the restaurant with friends for an enjoyable and fun evening with great food and music. We were not disappointed sitting next to the trio of musicians in the bistro side of Arnaud's. The music was a great combination with the general ambiance and food. It was definitely an evening to rememberSpecial Features:
- ArnaudsbogmanDined on 10/15/2014Wonderful Service in a classic setting. Food was good, but not exceptional, however the service was exceptional-some of the best I have ever had.Special Features:
- really enjoyedjrfranklinDined on 10/14/2014truly good restaurant. will return when next in new orleansSpecial Features:
- GodfatherDined on 10/14/2014I'm sure Arnauds was one of the finest restaurants in New or lean back in the day, unfortunately the decor has remained the same, the food has not grown withy the times therefore you are getting very traditional dishes made satisfactory but nothing to write home about and the wait staff is a bunch of humorless stiffs. Eat across the street at GW Finn and experience food as it should be!!!
- Arnaud'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2014Outstanding in all areas. Recommend without reservation.Special Features:
- Old School dining ExcellenceNikonJeffDined on 10/14/2014Impeccable service - someone visited our table every few minutes, even if only to top off the water. Each course came out on time, but no sense of being rushed. Formally attired waitstaff was friendly and very helpful in navigating the menu. The food was exquisite, every course.Special Features:
- UnimpressedFoodandTravelDined on 10/13/2014We walked away from our dinner unimpressed. The old world charm of the restaurant is nice and the service was good. The food was average at best. The toppings on the oysters Arnaud were extremely heavy. The veal Wuhl was very disappointing. I expect veal to be fork tender, this was tough. The crawfish dish was lukewarm and fishy tasting. After many visits to New Orleans this was my first and will be my last visit to Arnaud's
- WGVMEVDined on 10/13/2014The best dining experience of our four days in New Orleans.Special Features:
- Idonthave1VIPDined on 10/12/2014The food was good, just not great. However, my wife had the trout almandine with sheepshead substituted for te trout and said it was the best fish dish she has ever eaten. Sorry for the ambiguity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic NewOrleans experienceBobbyDined on 10/12/2014Sunday Brunch with class and style and ambiance. The food, the drinks and the vibe epitomize "old New Orleans"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bulldog1Dined on 10/12/2014This is the second time we dined at Arnaud's in the last 3 months. Great value and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchManetts64Dined on 10/12/2014We really enjoyed the Jazz Brunch. The food was excellent and the band was great. I recommend Arnaud's to anyone looking for extraordinary food and an even better atmosphere.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2014A wonderful experience for jazz brunch! All was perfection! An historic icon that did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glory days are goneDivatravelerDined on 10/9/2014So disappointed with our experience. Food was mediocre, drinks were not properly done. More "show" in the dining room than quality on the plate.
- fine traditional creole diningsometimefoodiesDined on 10/8/2014The soups were excellent and spoiled our palate for the gumbos served at all the tourist traps in the French Quarter. I had fish amandine and my husband the shrimp and grits. I think mine was a bit better although his had a really great sauce. We were celebrating a special occasion and this was the perfect spot for that. High quality food without being too over priced and an atmosphere that was elegant without being too stuffy or snobby.Special Features:
- Sunday Jazz Brunch Not to be MissedpuffynigelDined on 10/5/2014It was so fun! There was a small jazz band, the waiter Jasper (our friendly host) rocked. And all around I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Energetic, Great findAverageVIPDined on 10/4/2014Excellent Service and Food. Great place to take a group or special person. The bread was crazy good. Just don't eat too much of it or you won't eat your dinner.Special Features:
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Overall, excellent is the word for our total dining experience at Arnaud's! All meals were superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodMarstevDined on 10/3/2014Our fish dishes were delicious! Fresh, flaky & hot! Shrimp bisque was very good too. Desserts were ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arnaud'sNolaDined on 10/3/2014The overall experience was wonderful. If you go to New Orleans this is a spot you don't want to miss!Special Features:
- Awesome BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/28/2014Great foods, service and atmosphere. I am hard to please and I was pleased!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2014My daughter and I had a lovely day together, beginning with your divine brunch. Thank you!Special Features:
- Great NOLA SpotLoveNolaDined on 9/28/2014fabulous music and food. awesome service and surroundings The jazz brunch gives you everything New OlreansSpecial Features:
- DelightfulMACADined on 9/28/2014Old school New Orleans. Lovely four course brunch complete with table side jazz ensemble. Great food and cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYCMarDined on 9/27/2014Great food. Amazing waiter and great music. Truly a gem. Made our last night in New Orleans truly special. The soufflé potatoes were so amazing we had to get a second order!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingRaineVIPDined on 9/27/2014It was my birthday-and our first visit to Arnauds...for years we went to Brennan's when we were in town. Though the food was good, our service was far less than I had hoped for, the tables felt crammed in and the overall feeling was one of being at a chain restaurant. Very disappointed.
- Major FavoriteBradDined on 9/22/2014In a class all its own, if you're looking for a classic mainline New Orleans favorite, you can't beat Arnaud's. Service is always outstanding. Food quality and selection are outstanding. My crabmeat karen, with a side of asparagus, was perfect, after the shrimp arnaud starter. And, always enjoy saying hello to the owner or other family members usually there to oversee things. And, Charles does a great job as maitre'd, as did Hannibal as our waiter.Special Features:
- Elegant, charming, a landmarkMacNRobVIPDined on 9/21/2014A true Classic new Orleans experience. Should definitely be on one's bucket list.Special Features:
- Best brunch in NOLARemyVIPDined on 9/21/2014Everything here is special..the room, the staff, the food are all most exceptional! If you haven't gone yet? Just GO!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sept. 19, 2014CarolineBergenDined on 9/19/2014I have been to Arnaud's once before and knew I wanted to come back. The food was divine and the staff are beyond gracious. This last time, however, I was appalled at the lack of self-control exhibited by not one but two groups of people sitting next to us. Feeling the need to yell at the top of their lungs, they made certain they were the center of attention. I was trying to have a nice candlelit, romantic evening with my sweetheart and though we were sitting right next to each other, could not even hear our own conversation. For a place like Arnaud's, a place where one should be able to experience that five-star restaurant feel, this was an event that could tarnish my thoughts of returning next time unless it is corrected.Special Features:
- Excellence appreciated!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014We've dined at Arnaud's for over 25 years and have never been disappointed! This was a wrap-up of our visit and the evening was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in New OrleansBrooklynBobVIPDined on 9/19/2014A classy bar to have a drink before dinner. An elegant dining room with tuxedo clad waiters. Friendly service. Great food. It was our best meal in New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, underwhelming foodkking39Dined on 9/16/2014For the price, I had hoped for much more exciting food. The cocktails and gumbo were good, the pork tenderloin was okay (but rather boring), and the pecan pie was actively bad. It is a pleasant space and the service was very attentive. But, for the same price, I think one can find a much more delicious meal elsewhere in New Orleans.
- Great classic Nawlins restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/14/2014Great venue for Sunday brunch old style Nawlins with good food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible BrunchIndydinerVIPDined on 9/14/2014To get the real feel of old New Orleans you must dine here. Incredible food and service. The table side jazz musicians were awesome and the vocalist made me feel that Satchmo was resurrected!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JaZ Brunchps139Dined on 9/14/2014Fantastic. Menu was outstanding. Food was delicious. Service was exceptional. Atmosphere was ideal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cary CraigTheGentDined on 9/14/2014Every aspect of the Arnauds experience was outstanding. Food, service , atmosphere,....beyond outstanding. The strolling jazz trio even serenaded us with my wife and I's favorite song! Bravo Arnauds!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.