813 Rue Bienville Street
New Orleans, LA 70112Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.arnauds.com/
- Phone: 8662308895x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:30pm; Jazz Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, French, Creole
- Executive Chef: Tommy DiGiovanni
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Full Bar, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Strolling jazz trio for Sunday's Jazz Brunch from 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Arnaud's Jazz Bistro offers a live Dixieland jazz trio nightly from 6:30pm - 10:00pm for a $4.00 per person music charge.
A word from Arnaud's
If you are looking to dine in style, reserve a table in our nostalgic Main Dining room, with its gorgeous mosaic floors and beveled glass windows, or in our Jazz Bistro, were you can indulge your appetite for food and Jazz. A $4.00 per person music charge will be added to the bill in the Jazz Bistro. Both dining rooms offer the same menu and service, so you can chose the atmosphere that would please you most while dining on our wonderful Creole Cuisine. We hope you let us show you a fabulous New Orleans dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCreole
Arnaud's - Best Restaurants in French Quarter ›
Arnaud's reviews from OpenTable diners
218 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (147)romantic (114)fit for foodies (96)good for groups (64)great for brunch (62)notable wine list (58)neighborhood gem (55)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (15)great for lunch (13)scenic view (10)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Awesome BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/28/2014Great foods, service and atmosphere. I am hard to please and I was pleased!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2014My daughter and I had a lovely day together, beginning with your divine brunch. Thank you!Special Features:
- Great NOLA SpotLoveNolaDined on 9/28/2014fabulous music and food. awesome service and surroundings The jazz brunch gives you everything New OlreansSpecial Features:
- DelightfulMACADined on 9/28/2014Old school New Orleans. Lovely four course brunch complete with table side jazz ensemble. Great food and cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Great food. Amazing waiter and great music. Truly a gem. Made our last night in New Orleans truly special. The soufflé potatoes were so amazing we had to get a second order!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingRaineVIPDined on 9/27/2014It was my birthday-and our first visit to Arnauds...for years we went to Brennan's when we were in town. Though the food was good, our service was far less than I had hoped for, the tables felt crammed in and the overall feeling was one of being at a chain restaurant. Very disappointed.
- Major FavoriteBradDined on 9/22/2014In a class all its own, if you're looking for a classic mainline New Orleans favorite, you can't beat Arnaud's. Service is always outstanding. Food quality and selection are outstanding. My crabmeat karen, with a side of asparagus, was perfect, after the shrimp arnaud starter. And, always enjoy saying hello to the owner or other family members usually there to oversee things. And, Charles does a great job as maitre'd, as did Hannibal as our waiter.Special Features:
- Elegant, charming, a landmarkMacNRobVIPDined on 9/21/2014A true Classic new Orleans experience. Should definitely be on one's bucket list.Special Features:
- Sept. 19, 2014CarolineBergenDined on 9/19/2014I have been to Arnaud's once before and knew I wanted to come back. The food was divine and the staff are beyond gracious. This last time, however, I was appalled at the lack of self-control exhibited by not one but two groups of people sitting next to us. Feeling the need to yell at the top of their lungs, they made certain they were the center of attention. I was trying to have a nice candlelit, romantic evening with my sweetheart and though we were sitting right next to each other, could not even hear our own conversation. For a place like Arnaud's, a place where one should be able to experience that five-star restaurant feel, this was an event that could tarnish my thoughts of returning next time unless it is corrected.Special Features:
- Excellence appreciated!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014We've dined at Arnaud's for over 25 years and have never been disappointed! This was a wrap-up of our visit and the evening was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in New OrleansBrooklynBobVIPDined on 9/19/2014A classy bar to have a drink before dinner. An elegant dining room with tuxedo clad waiters. Friendly service. Great food. It was our best meal in New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, underwhelming foodkking39Dined on 9/16/2014For the price, I had hoped for much more exciting food. The cocktails and gumbo were good, the pork tenderloin was okay (but rather boring), and the pecan pie was actively bad. It is a pleasant space and the service was very attentive. But, for the same price, I think one can find a much more delicious meal elsewhere in New Orleans.
- Great classic Nawlins restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/14/2014Great venue for Sunday brunch old style Nawlins with good food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible BrunchIndydinerVIPDined on 9/14/2014To get the real feel of old New Orleans you must dine here. Incredible food and service. The table side jazz musicians were awesome and the vocalist made me feel that Satchmo was resurrected!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JaZ Brunchps139Dined on 9/14/2014Fantastic. Menu was outstanding. Food was delicious. Service was exceptional. Atmosphere was ideal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cary CraigTheGentDined on 9/14/2014Every aspect of the Arnauds experience was outstanding. Food, service , atmosphere,....beyond outstanding. The strolling jazz trio even serenaded us with my wife and I's favorite song! Bravo Arnauds!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern charmOverpricedDined on 9/14/2014Our favorite soft shell crab was sold out by 11am? Still my favorite place for Sunday brunch in New Orleans. The price is very high, but is a once a year treat.Special Features:
- not as good as anticipatedNaiWVIPDined on 9/14/2014The jazz was great, but the food was mediocre. Nothing stood out, I didn't finish any of my courses and neither did any of the other five people who were with me. I think we were just expecting better flavor/quality.Special Features:
- Superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The food was delicious and the service impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just wonderful!!!MoeDarlingDined on 9/12/2014One of the best restaurants I have ever gone to. The service was impeccable. The atmosphere warm and romantic. The food was exquisite. If you are in the New Orleans area this is a must. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Perfect anniversary celebrationTXMom2Dined on 9/12/2014My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary with a weekend in New Orleans and dinner at Arnaud's. I had included a note in the reservation that we were celebrating and everyone from the hostess to our servers wished us a happy anniversary. The service was the best part of the experience - our team of servers were knowledgeable, friendly, and attentive but not intrusive. Food was delicious. Bananas Foster was the perfect conclusion to the meal. I would highly recommend visiting Arnaud's during your next NOLA trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything except the snailsRickNODined on 9/12/2014I visit NO frequently and have a handful of restaurants I tend to frequent, Arnaud's being one of them. No surprise, the service was GREAT when we got there, a little less great when the crowd got there; the food was very good, with reasonable portion sizes versus the massive "too much food"portions some have gone to; if I have a complaint, it was the escargot. Usually this is a wonderful dish, and the snails were very tender, not chewy at all - but the preparation was so full of seasoning that I swear I could smell grass - I guess it was overloaded with parsley. If I didn't know they can and usually do better, I would never order them again. Our wait staff, headed by Hannibal, hustled all night.
- The Gem of New OrleansCTFoodieDined on 9/10/2014A group of 6 of us went for dinner, we were promptly seated, the menu was perfect, the food was incredible, and the service could not have been any better! We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect evening...2winodinosDined on 9/10/2014We looked forward to our evening and were not disappointed. From the moment we arrived until we walked out the door, the evening was perfect. The wait staff was gracious and accommodating. The timing was perfect. We never felt rushed and we were never left wondering when the next course would be served or when someone would refill our wine or water glasses. The food was excellent. It isn't hard to understand how Arnaud's has remained a special place for so many years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Jazz BistrokaufmanrnDined on 9/8/2014We were a group of 7 that ate dinner at the Jazz Bistro. The food was delicious. You can cut the filet with a spoon! Service was outstanding. They were very attentive and accommodating. The Jazz music was nice. The band goes to all tables individually and asks for requests. It seemed like they did a lot of intermissions, so we only experienced live music for about half our dinner stay. Decor was nothing outstanding, but still nice. Prices are above average, but worth it. With drinks, an appetizer and 2 entrees, my husband and I paid $140. Again, it was worth it for the experience as a whole.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must in New OrleansBillBDined on 9/7/2014The Sunday Jazz brunch is a must. Food and service are great. The wandering jazz ensemble are perfect. My only negative is that Arnaud's doesn't seem to have the backbone to enforce their stated dress code. They ask for collared shirts and prefer jackets. Then they let a bunch of social degenerates in in shorts and t-shirts. It really diminishes the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014We had a great time at Arnaud's Jazz Brunch. Loved it!Special Features:
- Wonderful BrunchmikebDined on 9/7/2014Wonderful food and service as you listen to a live jazz band.Special Features:
- memorable eveningHighonlifeDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I picked Arnaud's to celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary. We had a wonderful dinner. Food was excellent. The service was even better. We would go back again and I think next time we will try the jazz club. I would like to encourage people to treat this restaurant with the respect that it deserves by dressing appropriately for a fine dinning establishment. I was a little shocked at some of the extremely casual guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedDavidDined on 9/5/2014Food was outstanding. Service was subpar until the manager (Marine veteran) took over and made the experience into an awesome night. I recommend the Ponchartrain. After dinner, walk over to their cigar bar and have a smoke and a cocktail. Great ambiance. We had a shot called Lions Den. We renamed it Litter Box because it was awful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond expectationsMercracingfanDined on 9/5/2014Recommended by our hotel staff. My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary while visiting New Orleans. Arnaud's came very highly recommended and it did not disappoint. The staff was brilliantly attentive and efficient. Food prep was very timely, drinks served right on time and without delay. Quality of the dinner was probably the best prepared fillet that I have ever had. The mushroom béarnaise over it was a new and incredible delight. Going on the suggestions of the staff was certainly a good choice. We do not do fine dining very often. This is certainly a time where I am very happy we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deserved ReputationsoutherntraditionDined on 9/4/2014Arnaud's lived up to it's reputation as a fine dining resyaurant. It's great to have places like these that keep traditions in dining experiences alive. Not a place for every one, but a place that you will be pampered by the wait staff and enjoy wonderfully prepared food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerFoodie1and2Dined on 9/4/2014My husband and I recently went to New Orleans for our anniversary and booked a table at Aurnauds for a special dinner. The food was very good, although a little dated. Felt like I had been transported to the 80's, service was incredible and the staff very informative. We felt a little too pricey for the food. But fun experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shrimp ArnaudHenriDined on 9/3/2014A 10 best of guidebook said try the Shrimp Arnaud and pommes soufles. They did not disappoint. I had Shrimp Karen which was very good and my wife enjoyed trout filet with a wonderful lemon butter almond sauce. Very attentive and informative service.Special Features:
- unexpectedly wonderfulpeteDined on 9/3/2014Arnaud's was recommended by the conceirage and rightfully so. Perhaps the best combo of food, atmosphere and music in the Quarter. Try the pork. Perfect!Special Features:
- No Jacket-No ProblemBeansnriceDined on 9/3/2014Atmosphere in back dining room perfect for visitors from out of town; not stuffy, allows patrons who are dressed for the New Orleans summer weather(shorts, no jackets, etc.). Live music added to the overall ambience. Food excellent as usual, ordered many dishes to share, topped off with Cafe Brulot prepared table side, which is as entertaining as it is delicious. Exceptional service by professional waitstaff. Two thumbs up x5!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New Orleans InstitutionTorontonianInLouisianaDined on 8/31/2014Arnaud's is a restaurant that epitomizes the feel of old New Orleans. The dining room is beautiful, the service is good, and the food is consists largely of quintessential Creole offerings. The desserts was amazing! It is worth noting that this review is regarding the Jazz Brunch, so the music was very cool, as well (old jazz standards).Special Features:
- Great Sunday BrunchBiomom40VIPDined on 8/31/2014We were in for Labor Day Weekend and wanted a late breakfast/brunch on Sunday. Arnaud's was just perfect. Started with their signature Shrimp Remoulade and on to Fried Redfish. We opted for the 4 course pre fixe menu, so we also got a salad and dessert. Oh, and there was the awesome jazz/blues trio that circulated around the room and took requests.Special Features:
- Arnaud'sluvtoeatoutDined on 8/30/2014Service and food were great. Relaxed atmosphere and ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually Exceptional, off this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Arnaud's is usually a fantastic experience, but this last time it was a little off the mark. The shrimp and lobster bisque was so salty it had to be returned (and not just my table, other tables did too) and the Sazerac was not as good as they usually are. Turtle soup was great, but the Shrimp Creole was bland. Beautiful place, great service, and usually good food, but this last time did not meet what I was expecting. I will try again though, maybe it was just an off night.Special Features: