813 Rue Bienville Street
New Orleans, LA 70112Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.arnauds.com/
- Phone: (866) 230-8895
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:30pm; Jazz Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, French, Creole
- Executive Chef: Tommy DiGiovanni
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Full Bar, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Strolling jazz trio for Sunday's Jazz Brunch from 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Arnaud's Jazz Bistro offers a live Dixieland jazz trio nightly from 6:30pm - 10:00pm for a $4.00 per person music charge.
A word from Arnaud's
If you are looking to dine in style, reserve a table in our nostalgic Main Dining room, with its gorgeous mosaic floors and beveled glass windows, or in our Jazz Bistro, were you can indulge your appetite for food and Jazz. A $4.00 per person music charge will be added to the bill in the Jazz Bistro. Both dining rooms offer the same menu and service, so you can chose the atmosphere that would please you most while dining on our wonderful Creole Cuisine. We hope you let us show you a fabulous New Orleans dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCreole
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Arnaud's - Best Restaurants in French Quarter ›
Arnaud's reviews from OpenTable diners
290 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (201)fit for foodies (145)romantic (129)good for groups (94)notable wine list (88)neighborhood gem (68)great for brunch (67)hot spot (25)vibrant bar scene (24)great for lunch (12)late-night find (10)scenic view (8)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great DinnerCEPlusCDDined on 11/16/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Arnaud's. It definitely lives up to its reputation as an outstanding restaurant choice in New Orleans. The Trout Amandine was easily the best I've ever eaten, and the entire evening was very enjoyable. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, exceptional service.PMontclairVIPDined on 11/16/2014Great old world food, great creole. I would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Service in a beautiful restaurant.mmjones4Dined on 11/16/2014The staff was very accommodating and professional and the restaurant is beautiful with a wonderful ambience. The food wasn't quite up to expectations, but still very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and musicJP2013Dined on 11/16/2014Randomly booked Arnaud's after looking up jazz brunches, and am I glad I did. Everything was absolutely delicious and the music added a really nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arnauds before phantomLauridaleDined on 11/16/2014I was a little disappointed with the jazz brunch at arnauds. The turtle soup was delicious and so was the bananas foster. My main chicken dish was breaded which was a disappointment and very salty. My companions said the pork was good. The space was very crowded but the music was good. Overall ok brunch but food could definitely have been better.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014We enjoyed brunch at Arnaud's and our waiter Jasper made it a highlight of our trip! Excellent food, service and jazz!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frequent visitor to NOLAfrequentdinerDined on 11/15/2014An excellent old New Orleans restaurant that is still run "the right way." fantastic ambience with a jazz room facing Bourbon St, & quieter formal dining room away from the crowd. great bar in between. Service was first class w/ staff in tux attire and professional to the max. owner/mgr made a point to greet us. very enjoyable evening. food was excellent, priced appropriately, but not over the top. i will look forward to eating there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic mealdauphine335Dined on 11/12/2014Has been a few years since I last ate their sorry it was so long it was fantastic. Lilly my server was excellent although she had a large table of about 8-10 people and 4 other tables everyone got good service. The food was great crabmeat Prentiss and pompano David were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/12/2014I have always been told I had to eat here, at least once. Ok, glad that's over and I don't need to return. It never felt like a relaxed, enjoyable experience. Ordering was a beating, I guess you are supposed to have the menu and wine list committed to memory or suffer the forbearance of the Good Cop/Bad Cop tag team of servers. The food was good, but not at the level of my expectations given this place's reputation. It's probably all "me" and everyone else loves this place, especially the room full of obviously "out of town" guests. Arnaud's clearly doesn't need my patronage. I did enjoy the jazz trio whom we had seen at breakfast that morning at another restaurant.Special Features:
- Wonderful experiencegaines11Dined on 11/11/2014It was my wifes birthday and she had a great time. The food was amazing and the wait staff was perfect.. Could not have asked for a better time!!Special Features:
- Return to Arnaud'sDelightmytongueDined on 11/11/2014I had eaten lunch at Arnaud's, fifteen years ago, when in town for a conference. It was remarkable then. When passing through town with my wife, I took her there. I do not know which was better, the service or the food. Both were exceptional. The oysters were the best my wife had eaten. The drinks served were well prepared and delicious. The shrimp creole she had was the best she had tasted, and my founder was superlative. Our only regret was that we had to leave town the next day, and could not eat there again. We intend to visit New Orleans in the new year, and dine again at Arnaud's. It is difficult for even a fine restaurant to maintain a high level of quality. Arnaud's has done this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of New OrleansTigerfan16901Dined on 11/10/2014With the emergence of new contemporary cuisine based restaurants taking over the New Orleans restaurant scene, it's refreshing to dine where old world atmosphere and detail to service not only exist, but flourish. The food was amazing; Classic French dishes and techniques with a touch of creole influence. But the highlight, in my opinion, was the detailed service. Our server Christine and server assistant Inna, along with the support staff, gave us the best personal service without being intrusive. With all the gems in New Orleans, i.e. Antiones, Arnauds provides the ultimate dining expirience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arnaud's still the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014This was a return visit for three of us and a first time for the fourth who also was in NO for the first time. Arnaud's was the perfect choice for a first dinner in the Big Easy. The ambiance is classical and lovely, the food over the top good and the service as good as it gets anywhere -- attentive, informative, not intrusive and friendly. We ended with the amazing coffee with flaming orange peel, prepared table side and great fun both to see and to consume. I love this restaurant and will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arnaud's 20 years laterAccidentalDinnerGuestDined on 11/10/2014Twenty years ago, my wife and I ate brunch at Arnaud's at a table purchased by someone with the same last name. It was a wonderful meal and a unique experience. So for a recent trip to New Orleans, I booked the same table and invited two friends who live in the area to join me. The service and drinks were outstanding. The oysters (prepared variously) were fantastic. The entrees, however, left a bit to be desired. My wife and a guest both had crab cakes that were a bit salty and lukewarm. Mostly, however, the food did not seem to justify the price.
- Always a N.O. favoriteJbooksDined on 11/9/2014Exceptional meal that all at the table agreed had no "off" items. The Ponchartrain featuring drum and crabmeat was great, as were the souffle potatoes. Service lagged a bit at first, but overall was attentive and what you would expect at a restaurant of this caliber. Nicely done, as always. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, great food!Bucky20625Dined on 11/9/2014Very nice experience with an exceptionally well managed staff, delicious food and warm atmosphere. Not inexpensive and not quiet, but deserving of its highly rated reputation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CLASSIC NEW ORLEANSAnnieDined on 11/9/2014If you have it in your mind that NOLA is about Bourbon Street.... It is just a blip on the radar. This classic NOLA restaurant is an AMAZING throw back to days gone by. The jazz brunch was outstanding as was the atmosphere, service and food.Special Features:
- An outstanding brunch experienceGelflaDined on 11/9/2014Enjoyed our brunch at Arnauds once again. My only complaint was that we were seated in an upstairs loft overlooking the dining room. The space was small and cramped and requested a move. After moving downstairs, we had excellent service, great ambiance and fantastic menu selections. Enjoyed the eggs Benedict with smoked Pompano fish and dill cream sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit too much for Sunday brunchTexasfamilyoffourDined on 11/9/2014We enjoyed trying the traditional New Orleans restaurant scene and chose the Sunday Jazz Brunch at Arnaud's. The jazz was excellent, the food was good, but a four course brunch is really just too much. Appetizer, salad, entrée, and desert is just not something my body is ready for at 10 am. This would be a much better 1 pm brunch spot and the menu is geared toward afternoon fare. I was disappointed in the variety of "breakfast" type items. Service was well timed - the servers asked all guests if they were trying to make another engagement and seemed to do a really good job of getting folks out the door when needed. We enjoyed the Arnaud's experience, but I would not return for Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening!NotaspringchickenDined on 11/8/2014Thank you to Ronald, Lauren and Olga for making our dinner at Arnauds so wonderful. The service was impeccable, warm and friendly. All six of us had a delicious meal and felt we were treated like family. I don't ever remember hugging a waiter for such great service. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NewOrleansFoodieDined on 11/8/2014The service was excellent! I loved the recommendations from the servers. I loved my flounder! And the desserts were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- snptssnptsDined on 11/7/2014We had a delightful table with a lovely view of the room. Our service was excellent. The food well presented and extremely flavorful. A nice wine and great after dinner coffee.Special Features:
- Always GoodEMOOREVIPDined on 11/7/2014Arnaud's is and always provides outstanding food and service. It is a must for anyone who comes to New Orleans and is a person who enjoys good food and outstanding service. The Oysters Arnaud, sweetbreads, and bananas foster were the best I have ever had. I will be back. My highest recommendation.Special Features:
- Disapointing experienceTaigadiningDined on 11/5/2014The old-world ambiance is a treat but it deteriorates from there. Our waiter was rude and pretentious. He would not explain dishes and instead told us: "we've been open for 100 years and everything is good on our menu". I had the fish meunière, highlighted as one of their specialty. The fish was heavily breaded and fried, the brown sauce was disappointing. It is expensive for mediocre food.
- French Quarter favoritecfoodVIPDined on 11/4/2014Arnaud's has a legacy but it has not become self-righteous or stuffy. Great food and very attentive service. The price-fixed menu is a steal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorableWkdcanadianDined on 11/3/2014Made to feel special, food amazing, service second to none. Even with my husband's special request , they provided the food without any problems. A very happy birthday meal. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not enough to eatNanny68Dined on 11/2/2014For the price we all thought the portions of fish were far too small. We were still hungry (and disappointed) when we left. Otherwise the shrimp appetizer was delicious. Enjoyed the band and our server was excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent mealRickEVIPDined on 11/2/2014My wife and I had the best dinner we have had in some time at Arnaud’s. The food was excellent, and a team of servers couldn’t have been more accommodating, offering helpful suggestions, and anticipating our every need. We would recommend the seafood gumbo, shrimp creole, crab cakes and bananas foster. A few nights later, we dined at Arnaud’s Jazz Bistro, and although we found the music tastefully subdued but uninspired, we enjoyed another excellent meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOLA VisitorNOLAvisitorDined on 11/2/2014Excellent food and service. I have several food allergies, and they were very accommodating and thoughtful about substitutions. The jazz brunch was just plain fun!Special Features:
- Dining on the TitanicMartyDined on 11/1/2014The well-appointed, large dining room evokes an old world feel. My date's reaction, "It's like we're dining on the Titanic." We sat in a corner table and enjoyed a delicious meal and stimulating conversation.Special Features:
- AcadianDined on 11/1/2014Good atmosphere . Appreciated being seated along wall with a good view of the whole room and away from personnel va et viens . Waiters assisted one another very well (especially to serve the wine) . Would go back and will recommend .Special Features:
- Everything Except the SaladextremehumanoidDined on 10/31/2014Was good - all the food, that is - except the salads Clearly the kitchen staff does not understand salad cuisine. The Caesar salad, while "authentic", was poorly assembled, with none of the freshness, including lemoniness, one should expect from a good Caesar salad. But, as i said, *everything* else was amazing. We sat in the Jazz bistro and enjoyed the serenade format. which was done in a fun way.Special Features:
- NiceAPazDined on 10/31/2014The service is top-notch and they care about your experience from the moment you walk in. The food is good, but not the best; 8 on a scale 1-10. The Jazz Bistro is nice and the the jazz music is pleasant without being too loud, so you are able to enjoy your meal with the disturbance of the noise. It is a romantic place if your looking for that vibe; their presentation is very nice.Special Features:
- ClassicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/29/2014Arnaud's is classic. The service and food was outstanding. Gumbo, raw oysters, escargots for starters were very tasty. My wife had the frog legs, best I've ever had. I had the Pompano Duarte, very nice flavors - cooked perfectly. For dessert in N.O., bread pudding.Special Features:
- ClassicMidwestmomDined on 10/27/2014We sat in the Jazz bistro. It w as loud but it's loud because there is amazing jazz being played! Chicken was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brunch in NOMochaVIPDined on 10/26/2014Have been here numerous times for brunch and have always enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Fantastic brunch!DecoyVIPDined on 10/26/2014We were a group of ten ages 2 to 65! It was perfect for all!! I had the crab cakes and they were the best I have ever eaten! Our guests from California loved it all. The jazz band was great and even sang Happy Birthday to our 14 year old! The two year old was entertained the whole time and loved the Belgium Waffles!! If I had any complaint it is that it way too drawn out!! We were there two hours and 50 min!!!! The service could have been a little quicker! Two hours would have been long enough!!! All good and drinks were great! Next time we return we will let them kniw we are limited on time to two hours!!!! We will go back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceWalkingToNewOrleansDined on 10/26/2014Great food and great service. A wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Sunday Jazz Brunch is the bestMiWaDined on 10/26/2014The Sunday Jazz Brunch is the best that NOLA has to offer, especially with Brennan's closed for renovations.....don't miss it or you'll be sorry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints - great again!GeauxsaintsVIPDined on 10/26/2014Went for brunch again, and I will say the food and service were outstanding. I've been coming here for years and the quality continues to be consistently exceptional. Had the waffle and red bean omelette and finished up with bananas foster. All were so yummy and ate almost every bite. Cocktails were also great. Service was top notch. You know the saying "everything old is new again..." That is how I feel about Arnauds each time I return. If you haven't been lately I recommend you go back. It just seems to get better with age (like fine wine and me)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.