Arms Reach Bistro
4390 Gallant Avenue
North Vancouver, BC V7G 1L2Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$30 and under
Arms Reach Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.armsreachbistro.com/
- Phone: 6049297442
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Daily: 11:00am - 1:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Erick Kauko
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Arms Reach Bistro
"Deep Cove is a crowd of discerning, food loving folks in flip flops" The Georgia Strait "This Bistro is one of those local gems that foodies like me dream of discovering but dread revealing for fear of exposing its virtuous flavours" Cathy Bullen "Simply Devine" The North Shore NewsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Arms Reach Bistro - Best Restaurants in North Vancouver ›
Arms Reach Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (94)neighborhood gem (82)great for outdoor dining (69)special occasion (52)great for lunch (41)romantic (39)notable wine list (35)fit for foodies (33)great for brunch (32)kid-friendly (14)hot spot (10)late-night find (9)good for groups (8)Show More
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Tried this place on recommendation from friends. It lived up to it's billing. Food was great and service was excellent. Will be back.Special Features:
- Nice hideaway in Deep CoveFood4thoughtDined on 8/14/2014It's a nice, cozy, spot tucked right in Deep Cove with a great view and relaxed atmosphere. The waitress was attentive and personable. The angry chicken was flavorful with a nice seared crunch to the skin but was overcooked. Overall, the dishes were tasty and well presented. We never felt rushed even though the restaurant was busy.Special Features:
- JoanDined on 8/9/2014Had the seafood linguini - very little seafood and tiny pieces - flavourful but not worth the priceSpecial Features:
- SUMMER DININGOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Four of us had a great dinner here. Made a reservation for 5 pm Sat and our table was ready when we arrived. Even though the restaurant got very busy we never felt we were being rushed. Outside patio was already full with a waiting list. No reservations taken for the patio so this was not an option. Have had lunch here in the past and was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't missAimHighDined on 8/8/2014The cheesecake was amazing! The Linguine Pescatore and the Halibut special were something we would come back for all way from California. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but noisy!MarlDined on 8/7/2014We often eat here, the owner and cook are great and it is scenic. I booked 4 adult people for a birthday dinner and could only get 7:30 pm. You cannot book on the patio. The restaurant was packed and we were seated near a large group with 2 screaming kids, one in a highchair. Made it through the first course and then had to leave taking the rest of the meal with us. Should there be a rule that children under 12 not go to later seatings? My advice on a sunny day, eat outside and go early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Date NightSuperstarDined on 8/3/2014Our perfect date night bistro, fantastic food, delicious wines & beautiful location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great lunch at Arms Reach BistrofishfudDined on 8/2/2014Great food as usual. The Harissa chicken sandwich on ciabatta was fabulous as was the addition of avocado to the BLT sandwich. Everyone in our group of 5 was impressed by the food. The only thing that could have improved our visit on a hot day would have been air conditioning inside the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenery Fit the Fine FoodtheplaceDined on 7/31/2014We had excellent servers whe kept filling the water glasses and bread basket. The servers were genuinely interested in how we enjoyed our meal. Our food came in correct sequence and our entree was hot and delicious. So delicious, I wanted to discontinue conversation and enjoy.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014Excellent! I highly recommend this restaurant. One of my all time favourites.Special Features:
- Fantastic ServiceFrequentDinerVIPDined on 7/22/2014Outstanding experience, the server we had made our night. She anticipated our every need, and insured we had a great time. The food was hot and tasty and we'll prepared. A problem with one dish, the mussel dish, had a lot of empty shell's, was immediately replaced with a whole new order. We will return and will recommend to everyone. Our server " Kelsey" ? Was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deep Cove heavenEnglishninjaDined on 7/21/2014Great find. Booked for my wife's birthday, took our 8 yr old son. Great service, great food, great location. The set menu 3 course with wine pairings was awesome. Our server gave recommendations and changed the recipes to suit the needs of our group. We will be going back again.....and again, and again....... Don't tell everyone though, it's a great local secret.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 22EATDined on 7/19/2014I HAVE BEEN HERE ON MANY OCCASIONS FOR LUNCH AND DINNER AND HAVE ALWAYS FOUND THE FOOD EXCELLENT AND THE SERVICE WONDERFUL AND HAVE RECOMMENDED IT TO MANY FRIENDS.Special Features:
- Arms Reach dinner.luv4wineDined on 7/15/2014Best restaurant in Deep Cove. Mussels in coconut and beef carpaccio are superb; one of us had both on successive nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deep coveHopeDined on 7/14/2014This is the best restaurant for lunch at Deep cove!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014We really enjoy the Arm's Reach Bistro. The location is spectacular, overlooking the Indian Arm. Food was great, we really enjoyed our seafood choices, creative and satisfying.Special Features:
- covelocalDined on 7/11/2014Arm's Reach is a favourite neighbourhood restaurant. We have tried many of the dishes on the menu; the food is fresh and flavourful, and we have never been disappointed. We have vegetarians in our family, and the chef will adapt menu items for them, which is really great! The restaurant often hires staff locally, which is very supportive of our community, and also means that we (or our sons) often know our servers or the bartender. The service is efficient and friendly. Love the place!Special Features:
- Our Favourite!BirthdayBoyVIPDined on 7/11/2014Have been to this restaurant at least half a dozen times, including two anniversaries, and it never fails to impress and delight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with out-of-town guestsRenlatteDined on 7/10/2014Our evening was superb! Great food, service and ambiance. Our friends from Texas were here on their last visit and insisted that we eat their again. Bravo!! Excellante!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service, Great FoodMisterDDined on 7/9/2014Will go back again. A little less formal than expected but nice. Food was excellent and server was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite PlaceleahDined on 7/5/2014My hubby and I come here several times a year if not several times a month. Delishish food amd a great wine list. Always a good bet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Fresh Food8itallDined on 7/1/2014Very good Freshly professionally chef prepared fare. Nice sized portions, not too big, and not ridiculously small. I would describe it as elegant casual upscale dining. Wine list and staff wine expertise is excellent. This restaurant was a very nice find for us!Special Features:
- Great place,usually great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014I have had some wonderful meals here in the last few months and have said so. But I was surprised on this last visit. Two of the four main dishes at our table were pastas and disappointing. Both were very dry including a linguine pescatore which did not have the vital juiciness on the plate and palate. I hope the kitchen can pick up the challenge of consistency because this is a great venue overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentRickDined on 6/26/2014What a great Location at the end of the street! Warm greeting by the hostess, a table with a view, good wine and beer list, excellent food, fair prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Food in Deep CovewestvanclanVIPDined on 6/26/2014The food and service are always reliable. A perfect spot for a summer lunch or dinner!Special Features:
- Great Ambience...Food Fell ShortOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/22/2014We loved the feel of this place, great view of the water, mountains, servers were attentive and friendly, very relaxed atmosphere and very accommodating staff. Although I found the pan roasted Halibut to be overcooked and chose to not eat it, the good news is that our server did offer to fix something else and eventually just didn't charge me for it. My wife was happy enough with the curry dish. As a lemon lover, I would not recommend the Lemon Curd dessert, but my wife loved the Mango and Banana Creme Brûlée. All in all, a very nice evening.Special Features:
- PatersonDined on 6/13/2014The perfect combination of great food, an interesting wine and attentive service. We felt looked-after but never oppressed. Friendly atmosphere and a real buzz. Couldn't have been better.Special Features:
- Always perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/6/2014We boat into Indian Arm and tie up below this restaurant. Inside and out is delightful! I recommend EVERYTHING on the menu but my favorite is the Linguine Pescatore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the ArmsDonluvtodineDined on 5/22/2014Have lived in Deep Cove for over 30 years and still love it. You really fit in with the special atmosphere of The Cove!Special Features:
- Simply amazingfoodiecentralDined on 5/19/2014Arm's reach is an absolute gem. Tucked away in beautiful Deep cove, it has the perfect balance of beautiful scenery, delicious food, friendly staff and lovely ambiance. If nothing else, the food alone will have you coming back here again and again. Everything else is a big bonus!Special Features:
- Sunday lunchluvcalamariDined on 5/19/2014I love bringing out of town guests to Arms Reach Bistro. I come mainly for the amazing calamari. After raving to my guest about the best calamari ever, we were informed there was no calamari. 😟 Other than that, we still had a pleasant lunch in a nice atmosphere. No other complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not FantasticportmoodyfoodieDined on 5/18/2014We went to Arms Reach Bistro for the first time this past Sunday. The place was quite busy as it was the Sunday of a long weekend, so the noise level was quite loud that evening. Some of the dishes we had were great and presented well (carpaccio and crab cakes). Others missed the mark, my Pork Chop dish was far too salty and my dad's seafood pasta was dry and lacked any kind of sauce. My daughters shared the baked spaghetti which was good but swimming in oil. I don't think I would drive all the way from Port Moody to eat here again. If I lived closer I might. I just didn't feel the prices reflected the food quality and presentation. Lovely setting and ambiance. Service by our waitress was excellent.Special Features:
- Happiness is:PrettyfussyDined on 5/14/2014Treating good friends who let us stay at their beautiful home in Deep Cove for a few days. It was a spectacular warm evening with a window seat. The waitress was exceptional in describing the pork chops which she recommended. One of our group ordered it and was pleased. He had been looking forward to the lamb ( but was not on the summer menu). I ordered the chicken penne and the flavours were great but I found it a bit dry. More sauce would be better. The chad salad was marvellous. The water glasses were kept full as well as the wine. I had a bite of the baked spaghetti. It was superb. I'll order that next time. Too full for dessert. Noise level inside was very energetic. Not good for anyone with a hearing problem. Nice cloth napkins.Special Features:
- What a great surprise!LookininDined on 5/12/2014Came upon this little gem at the recommendation of a friend. We were seated promptly by a pleasant host. Staff were attentive and the fresh bread was a great start. Both meals were delicious. Spicy Spaghetti for me and the Chad Salad with a side of chicken for my wife were scrumptious. We'll definitely eat there again the next time we're in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- North Shore...#1Robuc1Dined on 5/12/2014Arms Reach is the BOMB. sounds like a jive statement, but it IS the bomb! although we live in North Vancouver, we've been there before and always loved it but, because of the distance, we would decide to go downtown for fine dining. the other night we went to Arms Reach, and had one of the best pasta meals EVER! the manager (or owner) Jason suggested we have a trio of pastas (our choice). It was a fabulous meal. 10/10. not exaggerating. this review is completely unsolicited. we were blown away by everything.Special Features:
- DisappointedluvsdcoveDined on 5/11/2014I grew up in the Cove and my mom really enjoys this restaurant. I took her for Mother's Day dinner this past Sunday. The food was amazing but our server, Dave, was awful. I work in the hospitality industry so I know good ( or bad) service when I see it. Dave seemed very disinterested in serving us. My husband ran out of Icetea ( he was driving) but had to ask for a refill after Dave failed to notice the empty. To me, he seemed to lose interest once we gave our order. He was just phoning it in. The food was amazing. Well prepared and fresh. Please give my compliments to the Chef. Even do, I will not be coming back nor will I recommend it to anyone else as bad service, or lack thereof, is a deal beaker.
- West Coast Splendor4fordinnerDined on 5/11/2014Gorgeous view and location. The food is good, nice variety and great serviceSpecial Features:
- Nice venue on the North ShoreLesterDined on 5/11/2014Had a lovely Mother's day Brunch and really enjoyed the food and ambiance. A nice change to downtown and great location close to the water and beach in Deep Cove. Just a bit tricky to park on a busy day. Nice patio for those sunny days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arms Reach Bistro is fantastic!HappyPatronDined on 5/11/2014This restaurant is such a jewel. The ambience is perfect - cozy, casual, welcoming, happy. The view of Deep Cove, with its little sailboats bobbing, is lovely. The food is always flawless, and the servings are generous. The service is warm and caring. This is my favourite restaurant, bar none. It's a neighbourhood treasure and I urge you to try it for yourself.Special Features:
- Such a great dining experienceOlivierDined on 5/9/2014Food, ambience, scenic view: all perfect! Arms reach Bistro is in our top 5 restaurants in Vancouver.Special Features: