Arms Reach Bistro
4390 Gallant Avenue
North Vancouver, BC V7G 1L2Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$30 and under
Arms Reach Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.armsreachbistro.com/
- Phone: (604) 929-7442
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Daily: 11:00am - 1:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Erick Kauko
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Arms Reach Bistro
"Deep Cove is a crowd of discerning, food loving folks in flip flops" The Georgia Strait "This Bistro is one of those local gems that foodies like me dream of discovering but dread revealing for fear of exposing its virtuous flavours" Cathy Bullen "Simply Devine" The North Shore NewsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Arms Reach Bistro - Best Restaurants in North Vancouver ›
Arms Reach Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (65)neighborhood gem (65)special occasion (45)great for outdoor dining (43)great for lunch (33)romantic (31)fit for foodies (28)notable wine list (23)great for brunch (21)good for groups (14)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (3)Show More
- A great way to begin an evening outSliceDined on 11/20/2014Tasty, attractive and very well prepared, two distinctive fish-based meals easily satisfied these two diners. Topping that off was discreet, attentive and speedy service by our server Dave. Our evening was off to a running start.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerRickDined on 11/19/2014The servers an staff were very attentive, there when needed, the timing was excellent. The food was great. Overall it was a nice dinner and I would recommend Arms Reach as a great dining place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JWVanDined on 11/15/2014The food was delicious and plentiful and the service attentive. The restaurant was quite noisy however, but inevitable in a small restaurant where friends and families enjoy each others company and want to talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deep Cove TreasuregraywolfDined on 11/7/2014Still the best place for a great meal on the North Shore. Locals love it but if we tell too many people it will get tougher to find a seat. My wife told me the muscles she had were the tenderest ever and the seafood fettuccine was delicious and more than a healthy portion. We did leave room for the mango and banana creme brulee, thank goodness!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum YumOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Delicious, perfectly cooked medium rare steak. The angry chicken was a tasty Asian themed dish with veggies cooked just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!!lovetoeatoutDined on 11/5/2014We had another great evening at Arms Reach. The food and the service were excellent as always. We introduced some friends from West Vancouver to the venue, and they loved it. The staff are friendly and attentive, and the food so good - we had the salmon and 3 pasta dishes (linguine pescatore, spicy spaghetti and baked spaghetti), and I would recommend all 4 entrees!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014I remember this used to be a great place so chose it to celebrate a friend's birthday recently - was disappointed with the food (menu needs updating, pork chop incredibly tough) and the place is so noisy that it hurts your ears. I mentioned the birthday when I made the reservation, but the table wasn't ready when we arrived, and no mention of the birthday was made. Disappointing all around. I won't go back.Special Features:
- A Deep Cove TreasuremattwickDined on 10/19/2014Seven years ago, when I moved to BC, the first restaurant we tried when out exploring the mainland was Arms Reach Bistro. Now when we have out of town guests we often head there, still. It is still that same great restaurant, with a wonderful view, tremendous service and tasty food. Always a very positive experience.Special Features:
- Outstanding as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The Arms Reach Bistro didn't disappoint & never has. From the Carpaccio to the Mussels, the food was great with the service to match. We will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014We always enjoy a dinner, brunch or lunch at Arms Reach and are pleased that the restaurant has kept up its good standards in food and service over the years it has been open. Most people we know who live in this neighborhood are frequent diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place! Excellent food!!!PriViannaDined on 10/12/2014The food is amazing!!!! The place is breathless!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took visitorsNorthShoreDinerDined on 10/8/2014Had a 5:45 PM reservation for a corner table and it was honored. We took out of town guests and they were thrilled with the whole scene---food was great, view superb from the corner table, and the service excellent. A bit noisy at times but all in all it was a great dining experience !!!!! Will certainly return soon.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchLMHBDined on 10/3/2014As soon as we arrived, we were well looked after and were seated at a window table. Amy, with the bluest eyes) was our server, very attentive but not overpowering, and interested in us as a group of gals out for a birthday lunch. We never felt rushed and enjoyed our time together. It was all seamless. The food was out of this world and we will definitely be back. A memorable dining experience. Thank you so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014Excellent as always. Best dining experience on the North Shore....and one of the best in VancouverSpecial Features:
- Still one of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014My partner and I have been coming to Arms Reach Bistro for 6 years and it is still a perfect place for an excellent well priced meal. The service has always been consistently good. It is generally unpretentious and the food has always been excellent. Fantastic wine list as well :-))Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as great as previous experiencebendmdDined on 9/27/2014We have dined here on multiple occasions and after every meal we have always left saying what a wonderful experience it was and that the food was above par. Our latest experience however left something to be desired. The comfortable ambiance is unchanged, the service was average, however the food left something to be desired. The slightly small portion of tenderloin was medium (ordered medium rare), with a compensating large amount of cauliflower. My wife's salmon, while very enjoyable, was a small amount of protein and a very large amount of salad. The appetizers however were well plated and were as enjoyable as always.Special Features:
- ExcellentRookieDined on 9/9/2014Food was excellent, server was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. Overall a very pleasant experience, would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible foodccastroDined on 9/6/2014Curry chicken and chicken penne were made with thigh meat. They kindly took our dishes back and we got other pasta dishes which were too salty and oily.Special Features:
- NVan DinerKKirkDined on 9/5/2014The server accommodated my vegetarian request quite enthusiastically. It's a high energy popular place - we would not have been seated had we not had reservations. We will definitely go again. There are so few spots on the North Shore that are actually by the water. This is one of them.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2014Been here lots and love the restaurant in all ways. Great location, service was outstanding, and the food is always delicious.Special Features:
- CommentscommentsDined on 9/3/2014Hello I frequent Arms Reach,love that we have a quality restaurant in the cove, rave to people about the place. The service this night was horrible. We were seated, yes the restaurant is busy, it's always busy - then asked how everything was just after (about 5 minutes later) our food was presented to our table. We never saw our server again until we asked for the bill (1.5 hours later) and we had to find her to ask for it. Not acceptable and extremely disappointing.Special Features:
- great all around.tattooeddinerDined on 9/2/2014This place has it all. Bang for your buck, great atmosphere, great service , amazing food with diverse menu. Killer wine list with a great view ..definitely a recommendation for fine occasions or a foodie night out with a nice scenic drive for free...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014We have been many times and love it-it never disappoints!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulwineanddineDined on 8/21/2014Arms Reach is a great Cove dining experience, we live near by and treated out of town guests to a lovely evening, great food, wine and service, we are semi regulars and love it!Special Features:
- Fantastic casual date placemookDined on 8/18/2014Went for brunch prior to a Deep Cove date. Food and service was good, would definitely return!Special Features:
- Great EveningNealDined on 8/16/2014Tried this place on recommendation from friends. It lived up to it's billing. Food was great and service was excellent. Will be back.Special Features:
- Nice hideaway in Deep CoveFood4thoughtDined on 8/14/2014It's a nice, cozy, spot tucked right in Deep Cove with a great view and relaxed atmosphere. The waitress was attentive and personable. The angry chicken was flavorful with a nice seared crunch to the skin but was overcooked. Overall, the dishes were tasty and well presented. We never felt rushed even though the restaurant was busy.Special Features:
- JoanDined on 8/9/2014Had the seafood linguini - very little seafood and tiny pieces - flavourful but not worth the priceSpecial Features:
- SUMMER DININGOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Four of us had a great dinner here. Made a reservation for 5 pm Sat and our table was ready when we arrived. Even though the restaurant got very busy we never felt we were being rushed. Outside patio was already full with a waiting list. No reservations taken for the patio so this was not an option. Have had lunch here in the past and was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't missAimHighDined on 8/8/2014The cheesecake was amazing! The Linguine Pescatore and the Halibut special were something we would come back for all way from California. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but noisy!MarlDined on 8/7/2014We often eat here, the owner and cook are great and it is scenic. I booked 4 adult people for a birthday dinner and could only get 7:30 pm. You cannot book on the patio. The restaurant was packed and we were seated near a large group with 2 screaming kids, one in a highchair. Made it through the first course and then had to leave taking the rest of the meal with us. Should there be a rule that children under 12 not go to later seatings? My advice on a sunny day, eat outside and go early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Date NightSuperstarDined on 8/3/2014Our perfect date night bistro, fantastic food, delicious wines & beautiful location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great lunch at Arms Reach BistrofishfudDined on 8/2/2014Great food as usual. The Harissa chicken sandwich on ciabatta was fabulous as was the addition of avocado to the BLT sandwich. Everyone in our group of 5 was impressed by the food. The only thing that could have improved our visit on a hot day would have been air conditioning inside the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenery Fit the Fine FoodtheplaceDined on 7/31/2014We had excellent servers whe kept filling the water glasses and bread basket. The servers were genuinely interested in how we enjoyed our meal. Our food came in correct sequence and our entree was hot and delicious. So delicious, I wanted to discontinue conversation and enjoy.Special Features:
- The following 510 reviews are from the Arms Reach Bistro reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014Excellent! I highly recommend this restaurant. One of my all time favourites.Special Features:
- Fantastic ServiceFrequentDinerVIPDined on 7/22/2014Outstanding experience, the server we had made our night. She anticipated our every need, and insured we had a great time. The food was hot and tasty and we'll prepared. A problem with one dish, the mussel dish, had a lot of empty shell's, was immediately replaced with a whole new order. We will return and will recommend to everyone. Our server " Kelsey" ? Was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deep Cove heavenEnglishninjaDined on 7/21/2014Great find. Booked for my wife's birthday, took our 8 yr old son. Great service, great food, great location. The set menu 3 course with wine pairings was awesome. Our server gave recommendations and changed the recipes to suit the needs of our group. We will be going back again.....and again, and again....... Don't tell everyone though, it's a great local secret.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 22EATDined on 7/19/2014I HAVE BEEN HERE ON MANY OCCASIONS FOR LUNCH AND DINNER AND HAVE ALWAYS FOUND THE FOOD EXCELLENT AND THE SERVICE WONDERFUL AND HAVE RECOMMENDED IT TO MANY FRIENDS.Special Features:
- Arms Reach dinner.luv4wineDined on 7/15/2014Best restaurant in Deep Cove. Mussels in coconut and beef carpaccio are superb; one of us had both on successive nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deep coveHopeDined on 7/14/2014This is the best restaurant for lunch at Deep cove!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.