Armitage Wine Lounge & Cafe
2905 E. Skyline Drive
Tucson, AZ 85718Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Armitage Wine Lounge & Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.armitagewine.com/
- Phone: 5206829740x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00AM - 3:00PM
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00Am - 3:00PM
Dinner:Daily: 3:00PM - Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Christian Hanley
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live local acoustic music on Tuesday and Sunday evenings.
A word from Armitage Wine Lounge & Cafe
Armitage Wine Lounge & Cafe is located in La Encantada and offers an eclectic variety of wines by the glass and bottle. On top of the great boutique wine offerings Armitage also specializes in Martinis, Craft Beers, and Specialty Cocktails. The Wine Bar/Restaurant offers a full menu ranging from the most loved wine bar specials, to fresh salads, home made paninis, and our seasonal entrees. Great for special events and gatherings Armitage offers almost everything. Known for its old world style, relaxed atmosphere, and hip clientele Armitage is a local jewel. As the evening progresses the lights dim, music picks up, and the people relax into an energetic vibe that sophisticants relish in. Weekly specials include Happy Hour Mon-Fri, Tue Wine Tastings and Live Music, Wed 1/2 Price Bottle Night, Thur Ladies Night, Sun Live Music. With something to offer everyone from wine, food, and spirits there is no reason why Armitage is always voted among the best each year.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Armitage Wine Lounge & Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (5)romantic (5)great for lunch (5)notable wine list (5)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)neighborhood gem (4)special occasion (3)fit for foodies (3)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)good for groups (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Awesome ExperienceJiggaDined on 8/3/2014The service, the energy and experience was fantastic! We went for brunch and probably one of the best in town! You have to try the peanut butter French toast, noting like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Landlord Lock-Out!NoNoScottsdaleDinerDined on 6/22/2014We made our reservation on OpenTable and arranged to meet our friends only to find the landlord has locked Armitage Wine Lounge and Café out for nonpayment of rent!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/1/2014Had a wonderful lunch. Food is always great, creative and unusual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 58 reviews are from the Armitage Wine Lounge & Cafe reviews archive.
- Very LoudSunflower1Dined on 5/11/2014I requested seating in a quiet area as I am VERY hard of hearing. The area was definately not quiet. Patio might have been quieter, but it was quite breezy outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun atmospherevcbdinerVIPDined on 5/10/2014We had the wine sampling was wasn't bad but pricey. If you are in the mall and want some food, not a bad place but I wouldn't go out of my way for it.Special Features:
- Very good food, service &OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/22/2013Very good food, service & ambiance. Wasn't our first visit & won't be our last. Used the Tucson Dining Card to make it a bit more affordable & it was.Special Features:
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/2/2013it took a long time for someone to come to the table, about 20min but the service was great once she got there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but overpricedPhillDined on 5/21/2013we went for anniversary expecting nice sit down restaurant. However it turned out to be more of a bar with a notable wine list. It was good and the food was good although a bit overpriced. Had we gone in knowing what we were going to get, im sure wewould have enjoyed it much more .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeTucsoneaterVIPDined on 3/31/2013Great place for a drink, or for dinner. People here are consistently nice. Great finds in wine and reasonable prices, and food is good. Place is also comfortable and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good deal on Mondays if youTucsonEastDined on 2/18/2013Good deal on Mondays if you have an attentive server.Special Features:
- Noise levelOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/4/2013Very noisy! I'm sure the young people will love it.Special Features:
- We like the romantic seating.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/9/2012We like the romantic seating. I try to get a couch. The happy hour menu is great. There are lots of specials each week.Special Features:
- I have been to Artmitage severalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2012I have been to Artmitage several times, always very pleased with both the food and service!I ordered the Ceasar Chicken Salad. I couldn't believe the size of it! Very small portion of romaine, the chicken was flavorful as was the dressing on the side. Very overpriced for the portion. The waitress has waited on me before and always friendly and gracious!However, this time, she was a tad bit lax on the service.It took her quite a long time to get us our checks after we asked for them and we had explained that we were on our lunch hour-then it took her almost 13 minutes to get the cards/change back because we were watching the clock to return to work on time.One of the foursome had to get up and ask for the cards/change.
- The wine and the service wereBarbaraDined on 10/10/2012The wine and the service were very good, though we expected a greater wine selection from a wine bar. Food, was just so-so. Much better food when we first discovered this cafe a few years ago. Fast-food quality now.
- Great Happy Hour5stardinerDined on 10/5/2012We were at Armitage during "Happy Hour" and happily partook of the appetizer specials (Ahi Tuna Sliders and Toasted Ravioli). Each plate was enough for a light meal, and we were satisfied. This is a great casual place for better than average food and wonderful wines by the glass or bottle.Special Features:
- This is a great place to meetEllenTHVIPDined on 10/2/2012This is a great place to meet friends. The patio is a relaxing place to visit with your friends tonenjoy wine and tasty food.Special Features:
- I've been here a number ofOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2012I've been here a number of times, and always enjoyed it. It's a great place for a couple of glasses of Cabernet during happy hour. The flatbread is delicious too.Special Features:
- We tried several dishes theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/16/2012We tried several dishes the Halibut, Beef Medallions, Lamb, and Chicken. All dishes tasted very good.Special Features:
- Go to Armitage for wines andPaloVerde101Dined on 6/1/2012Go to Armitage for wines and hors d'oeuveres and stay for dinner.Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch at ArmitageOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/8/2012Sunday Brunch at Armitage is an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Was there for the first time.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/7/2012Was there for the first time. Took my daughter for her birthday. I had flowers delivered which were supposed to be at our reserved table on arrival. They weren't and I had to ask for them. I had called ahead to be certain that they arrived. But all in all it was a great time and I will gladly go again. Excellent service. Excellent food. I like this place.Special Features:
- We found this place whileOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/4/2012We found this place while searching open table for places to eat during our visit to Tucson. I will say it was a great find for not knowing anything about the place. The service was great and the wine and food were also greatSpecial Features:
- Wasn't impressed with theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/21/2012Wasn't impressed with the lamb dish. The risotto was very bland. The apple/brie brachetta was tasty.Special Features:
- Apparently our OpenTable reservatioOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/3/2012Apparently our OpenTable reservation hadn't been noticed, so we had to wait almost an hour at the bar for a table. We took the time to have a couple glasses of wine, and share an appetizer while we waited. The place has a nice ambiance, and luckily we had no other plans for the evening, so we had a good time while we waited. Service was friendly and responsive. The food was great. Armitage is definitely somewhere I want to go back to.Special Features:
- Watch out for TIP includedxnyrVIPDined on 2/27/2012The food, wine, and service were excellent; the space is pleasant and fun. It appears like a bar/lounge with food, but they obviously play close attention to the food choices and preparation. The wine list was good, and the red wine was properly cool. The prices are a little high, especially for the wine, which is why we went on half-price Monday night. We got a $70 bottle for $35 and all the food was half-price, too. And then the bill came and they had added 18% gratuity to the original prices, plus tax. The waiter was terrific, but I don't think they should force me to tip on twice what we paid plus tax., so I objected. They said the tip was "suggested" but the credit card receipt included it and a line for more GRATUITY. So watch outSpecial Features:
- Great food, great serviceDaveHVIPDined on 2/17/2012Great restaurant for foodies,culinologists and mixologists alike. Get there early for discounted appetizers and drinks. Great selection of Martinis and appetizers. We had the margharita pizza as an appetizer. My wife had the pineapple upside down martini while I had the regular martini with stuffed olives. Try the vegetable ravioli in a light sherry cream sauce. The best ever. I had the baked halibut which was very good. Next time I'll try the lamb. Too many great foods and not enough appetite.Special Features:
- can't beat half-priced Mondays!ErvingVIPDined on 2/13/2012can't beat half-priced Mondays! and great wine alsoSpecial Features:
- Our group wanted to try somethingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/21/2012Our group wanted to try something offering a variety of appetizers and a wine list to fit every taste. Armitage fit the bill during a recent Saturday happy hour. Keith our waiter was fabulous with his recommendations. A great time; great food; great price.Special Features:
- My girlfriend and I sharedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011My girlfriend and I shared two appetizers, and both of us had a drink. The caprese salad was delicious. We weren't hungry for a dinner, but we will definitely come back for that.Special Features:
- I love Armitage. I work inOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/21/2011I love Armitage. I work in F&B so am pickier than most. You meet my expectations and more. Thanks for a great place that is close to my work and my home.Special Features:
- Great for Happy HourDanAderDined on 12/20/2011This is a good spot for happy hour, but the kitchen produces spotty value for the dollar at full menu price. Watch for specials, get together with friends, and have a good time. (But don't bring your boss or a client, or a first date.)Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/19/2011Excellent food and service. The Lamb Sirloin is a repeat favorite.Special Features:
- Many good small bites andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/13/2011Many good small bites and very good high end wines. It would be good if there were a few more lower priced wines for those who want to just stop in, have a few appitizers and share a bottle decent wine that doesn't cost $100+. There are many good wines that could sell for $40.Special Features:
- Always enjoy brunch at Armitage.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/11/2011Always enjoy brunch at Armitage. The food is delicious and the cocktails are half price!Special Features:
- We had gone to Armitage twiceKaelbeDined on 11/21/2011We had gone to Armitage twice before and had wonderful meals. This time we decided to try the Monday night special half off special. Unfortunately the dinner was not up to par.
- Service was lacking afterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/22/2011Service was lacking after the main waitress finished her shift and left. No one really waitied on us after that. First waitress did not even offer a "thank you" after she was handsomely tipped. Wine list too expensive as most are.Special Features:
- The restaurant seemed to beOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/28/2011The restaurant seemed to be understaffed, food was good. Will give it another try for Sunday brunch.
- The food was reasonably goodbuffyDined on 8/3/2011The food was reasonably good but the restaurant lacks ambiance. It is a BAR, with food.Special Features:
- great service it was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/29/2011great service it was very fast, food was good drinks were excellent music was nice, but not too loud. We had a great timethere.Special Features:
- liked the online reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2011liked the online reservation system, very easty. Good restaurant and knowledgeable service. Horribly small wine pours at the tasting. Was evaluating this for a larger wine group ...good food but won't come to another wine tasting.Special Features: