20751 N. Pima Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85255Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.armitagewine.com/
- Phone: 4805021641x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily at 4pm-2am
Sunday Brunch 10am-3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Christian Hanley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment and Reverse Happy Hour Sunday Nights. Join us for acoustic favorites with local bands.
A word from Armitage Bistro
Armitage Wine Lounge & Cafe located in La Encantada offers an eclectic variety of wines by the glass and bottle. On top of the great boutique wine offerings Armitage also specializes in Martini"s, Craft Beers, and Specialty Cocktails. The Wine Bar/Restaurant offers a full menu ranging from the most loved wine bar specials, to fresh salads, home made paninis, and our seasonal entrees. Great for special events and gatherings Armitage offers almost everything. Known for its old world style, relaxed atmosphere, and hip clientele Armitage is a local jewel. As the evening progresses the lights dim, music picks up, and the people relax into an energetic vibe that sophisticants relish in. With something to offer everyone from wine, food, and spirits there is no reason why Armitage is always voted among the best each year.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Armitage Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (1)Show More
- Lovely Place--if you can find it!FirstTimeGuestDined on 6/7/2014Armitage is around Thompspn Peak off of Market Street, something that MapQuest failed to mention on the directions. I did make a reservation but when me and my party arrived there was no hostess so we asked if it would be okay to seat ourselves and was told we could. The food and wine were excellent, the wait staff..a little to anxious my table were asked if we needed anything else seemed like every 10 minutes. The "hostess" was a sour faced young lady and that would have been the down point of the evening IF the bistro had not openned the doors around 9pm and huge cloud of cigaratte smoke poured through the doors (YUCK!) I would return to eat brunch the food was good I just don't want to taste cigarrettes while I'm eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ServiceDogulaVIPDined on 5/15/2014Love it here. Food is always good and service is extremely efficient. Great ambiance too. DC Ranch is a great place for a restaurant.
- JohnVIPDined on 4/22/2014Hard to find. Nice for the younger crowd. Great deals on some wines.Special Features:
- Fare to midling experiencepmhoeftDined on 4/19/2014We met family here who were visiting from out of town. My expectations exceeded the actual experience. I wanted a place away from the crush of central Scottsdale...we got that. Food was tasty but not sure the service is up to par. Friendly staff but kind of lax delivery.Special Features:
- sat on the couches, serviceEnjoyableDined on 4/12/2013sat on the couches, service was slow and there were several tables open. food was decent. i would check out again because their happy hour pricey is goodSpecial Features:
- First time at this restaurant,CharOttoVIPDined on 3/4/2013First time at this restaurant, and would not go again. The food was simply bad. Stale breasd on sandwhiches, soggy french fries, VERY slow and surly service. All in all, poor. Big disappointment because the location in DC Ranch center is great. Skip this one!
- To be avoided.....DisappointedVIPDined on 3/3/2013We arrived on a Sunday night to find that a "happy hour" was in progress, according to a handwritten sign. There was no maitre'd and, for that matter, no apparent food service. There was an extremely noisy two man electric guitar band. Several patrons appeared to be drinking, but we could see no one eating. We waited for about 15 minutes, but no host/hostess or server ever appeared. We then left and found a good restaurant across the street.
- Not a good valueOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/28/2013We were a small group of "wine enthusiasts" who live in the area; we found the wine greatly overpriced! The cheese boards are nothing special. It was a $500 tab...... we started with happy hour drinks, and only had two bottles of mediocre wine. Nice room, friendly service, outdoor seating looks great when it warms up.
- waaaaaay too noisy---keepOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/9/2013waaaaaay too noisy---keep the music (bass) down a bit please!Special Features:
- This was our second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/15/2012This was our second visit to Armitage. We really enjoyed it the first time, but were very disappointed this visit. Don't think we'll return. Service was terrible, despite the fact that there were more servers than diners that evening. Entrees were fair, but cheese platter and hummus were good. I don't think we'll return any time soon.Special Features:
- We have dined here beforesmartblVIPDined on 9/14/2012We have dined here before (appetizers and dinner) and feel like we did the last time... the food is good, the service is good but it seems to be a bit pricey. Perhaps it is the North Scottsdale pricing. We think we might return just for happy hour...Special Features:
- Nice, lively atmostphere withOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2012Nice, lively atmostphere with good happy hour specials. We used a restaurant.com coupon and therefore could not participate in the happy hour. Felt that the food prices were high on the regular menu for what we received.Special Features:
- Service was great. We sharedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2012Service was great. We shared a bunch of appetisers during happy hour and loved all of them!Special Features:
- Terrific brushetta! We feltsmartblVIPDined on 6/2/2012Terrific brushetta! We felt the entrees were a bit over priced. Our waitress was inattentive and lacked personality. For a wine bar, it seemed we waited a very long time to be served a glass of wine. The restaurant was only half full. Will definitely return for the brushetta!Special Features:
- We enjoyed the prime rib sliders.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/19/2012We enjoyed the prime rib sliders. Liked having both the au jus and horseradish sauce.Special Features:
- I would be hard pressed toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2012I would be hard pressed to recommend The Armitage. Food quality was much less than I expected from an upscale neighborhood bistro. The value for the food was below par. Save your money and go to many of the other choices in the area.
- They would not credit us ourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/13/2012They would not credit us our points. We are going to give them another chance to see if they will credit us our points.Special Features:
- horrible service demeans theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/9/2012horrible service demeans the otherwise ok food. We were ignored for 20 minutes at a time...except when it came time to bring the check.
- Great Service and Great WineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2012The service was excellent. The wine was perfect with the meal. A great selection to choose from so it was appealing to every taste. I plan to return.Special Features:
- We like to go there afterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/14/2012We like to go there after a movie because we can get a small meal and wine flight. This time we sat at the bar so we could watch the football game. The atmosphere is always warm, friendly, and comfortable.Special Features:
- They didn't acknowledge ourOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/26/2011They didn't acknowledge our reservation, the restaurant was way too loud, the wait staff was too small so service was terrible. We would never return and recommend.
- Great for a couples date night!KellyDined on 10/1/2011We went there with another couple for dinner. We ended up just sharing an assortment of appetizers and desserts Everything we had was quite good. The grilled artichoke was especially delicious. The portion sizes were perfect for sharing and everyone left satisfied but not stuffed. We sat at one of the "couch tables" and it was very comfortable and conducive for conversation.Special Features:
- We had been to Armitage inCavecreekcatDined on 10/1/2011We had been to Armitage in April and the food was very good. We went on a Saturday evening at 6:00 pm and there were only a few couples there. We ate outside; no candles on the table so it was very dark. I had the mozzerella and tomato flatbread. The tomatoes were not ripe and there was so much olive oil on it that I had to blot it off. The house salad had way too much dressing on it. My husband's burger was very dry and grizzly. So, we will not be going back. There are so many great restaurants just down the road at The Scottsdale Quarter and the scene is much more lively.
- The wine, food, and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2011The wine, food, and atmosphere were wonderful! The experience was well worth the drive from Queen Creek.Special Features:
- Too loud. A group came inOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2011Too loud. A group came in and we had to go outside just to be able to talk. The wine list, while nice, is over priced.
- We always love going to Armitage...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/27/2011We always love going to Armitage....it is one of our favourite places on Market Street.Special Features:
- This was the first time weOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/27/2011This was the first time we dined at Armitage Bistro as we just purchased a house in the DC Ranch area! We walked in and no one greeted us so we just grabbed a table on the patio. When the server came around we told him we had reservations and he moved us to a table inside the restaurant. The service was good, but I think they were a little bit understaffed for the evening. Food was awesome!Special Features:
- HIGHLY RECOMMEND! Held groupOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/26/2011HIGHLY RECOMMEND! Held group wine-tasting. Ambiance, services both exceptionalSpecial Features:
- Second time and it was verySteveDined on 12/8/2010Second time and it was very different from the first. First time was great from food to service the second was the opposite. Food was not as good and we ordered the same item. Server forgot some of our order so I forgot some of him tip.
- Great spot and we will beSteveDined on 11/30/2010Great spot and we will be back with more friends. Great service and very good food. Happy Hour till 7 is a fantastic feature.Special Features:
- This was our first visit andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/20/2010This was our first visit and we were pleasantly impressed. Parking was adequate and close by. Our happy hour drinks and menu, especially the brushetta were very tasty and the noise level, at least for the time we were there, was not overwhelming (5PM to almost 9PM). Wine tasting (4 samples) was sparse toward the end. Overall very good and would definitely return.Special Features:
- Have dined at Armitage 5 orOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/29/2010Have dined at Armitage 5 or 6 times this year. The happy hour menu is very good (cheese and fruit tray is amazing!!!)and the service has been spot on (except for one visit at the bar-they weren't busy but it took 10-15 minutes for someone to ask me if i'd like water or a drink). The waitresses have been outstanding on each visit!Special Features:
- I REALLY liked this place.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/11/2010I REALLY liked this place. The ambiance in there was wonderful. It just had a really nice feel to the place. The happy hour prices were awesome, and the wine was very tasty!Special Features:
- I recommend it highly. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/13/2010I recommend it highly. The food is outstanding. The only draw back is the noise - very noisy!!!Special Features:
- Cigar smoking is allowed onWayzata1VIPDined on 8/1/2010Cigar smoking is allowed on the patio which can be displeasing. Be prepared for loud groups. Sandwiches are very good, fries are fast food quality though the dipping sauce is great.Special Features: