Armani Ristorante 5th Avenue
717 5th Avenue
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Armani Ristorante 5th Avenue
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://armaniristorante.com/locations/new_york/armani_ristorante/
- Phone: (212) 207-1902x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:45AM - 5:30PM
Monday - Wednesday: 5:30PM - 10:00PM
Thursday - Saturday: 5:30PM - 10:30PM
Sunday: 11:45AM - 3:30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Sandro Romano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For questions regarding the planning of your party at Armani Ristorante/5th Avenue please contact our event coordinator.
- Entertainment: Armani Ristorante features Italian Aperitivo Monday through Saturday, from 5:00PM to 8:00PM. On Thursdays, Armani Ristorante offers its premium Aperitivo, selecting its amazing no-charge finger food appetizers from different regions of Italy. It lends its beautiful lounge bar to all the Armani aficionados as the perfect meeting place on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan.
- Special Events: Contact Sean 212-207-1902 for event inquiries.
- Cross Street: 56th Street
- Public Transit: 4/5 train to 59th Street, 6 train to 51st Street, F train to 57th street/6th Avenue, N,R,W and Q train to 5th ave/53rd Street and the E/V to 5th Ave.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Central Parking Systems, 58 West 58th Street New York 212.593.3867 and Central Parking Systems 201 West 56th Street New York, New York 212.586.3665
A word from Armani Ristorante 5th Avenue
Immersed in the heart of Manhattan, overlooking Fifth Avenue; Armani Ristorante lends itself to forge a new form of dining experience. The dazzling Italian trendy decor by Fuksas mingled with culinary creations communicate through each bite and each eyesight the personality and the beliefs of a distinctive philosophy that has changed the world through its innovative creations. In a place where vanguard cuisine marries traditional Italian cuisine our guests will savor the wonders of our exclusive dishes, and the impeccable care of our service absorbed in our unique surroundings that remains together elegant and relaxed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Armani Ristorante 5th Avenue reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (62)romantic (59)fit for foodies (56)great for lunch (44)scenic view (43)notable wine list (30)neighborhood gem (29)hot spot (26)good for groups (22)vibrant bar scene (19)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- So great!nycgirl4491VIPDined on 9/27/2014The new fall menu at Armani is amazing! The service is excellent! The drinks were delicious! It's truly beautiful inside! Will be going back soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/26/2014From the moment of entry we knew this was a great choice. Wonderful creative dishes with a flair for special. Complimented with an extensive wine selection expertly suggested by their friendly and knowledgeable staff. The evening was romantic as well as comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LarryVIPDined on 9/19/2014This is an excellent Italian restaurant on isolated floor of the Armani store. Full of attractive people and wait staff as one would expect for Armani. Yes, it's expensive, but you don't go to Armani expecting bargain basement. It's like dining in Italy and the accents of the waiters and the various languages off the clientele will make the Euros and want to be Euros feel right at home.Special Features:
- skip lunch hereOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/17/2014I have always had dinner at Armani, but this time took a friend for her first time for her birthday.There were two tables of six young woman who laughed and screamed and were just obnoxious, faces turning red from their hilarity.Also a woman at another table with two suited men was so loud that heads were turning. I could not stop apologizing to my friend for the ruinous lunch scene. NEVER AGAIN.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was very slowDempseyVIPDined on 9/15/2014The food was sub part with the fish being so/so and the Lamb far undercooked to request and took 20 minutes to correct.Special Features:
- ExcellentGNfoodieDined on 9/15/2014Elegant beautiful restaurant. The service is outstanding. Lots of windows, beautiful view, spacious. The appetizers were magnificent. Lunch was a relaxed and very wonderful outing. The prices were reasonable for the NY experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding, as usualCChapDined on 9/9/2014I've dined here previously, for both business and personal events. This visit was for a group of business colleagues that are also friends. The tasting menu provided a brilliant opportunity to sample every dish as if Armani had made them and brought to you personally. The entire staff is eager to ensure that your dining experience is exceptional. Specifically, the maître d'/hostess were very accommodating in making requested table adjustments as a result of the late arrivals of some of my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PG823Dined on 9/3/2014My experience was delightful. The food was delicous and the service was spectacular. Perfect for a business lunch which is exactly why i was there. Would certainly visit again.Special Features:
- Skip it!! Not worth 1000 OT pointsOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/31/2014Food bland, service sporadic, drinks below average, pasta below that, deli trays not bad due to they can cut thin prosciutto and cheese square but why no bread?Special Features:
- Amazing!nycgirl4491VIPDined on 8/31/2014Everything was perfect! The service was extremely on point. The restaurant is beautiful and comfortable. The good is outstanding! They completely changed their brunch menu on 8/31/14 and it's beyond perfect! The brunch menu is very affordable!! Everyone should try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYfoodieVIPDined on 8/28/2014Great food, service and views of 56th street... Fit for foodies and then some... Don't miss this restaurant in the Armani Boutique ...Special Features:
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014Lovely dinning option inside the Armani store - at the time we dined it was not crowded at all which I loved! Will certainly come again! Everything was the freshest ingredients you can get - only disappointment was my risotto was under cooked and a bit bland (the saffron risotto), everything else was great!Special Features:
- FestiveChailatteDined on 8/27/2014Wonderful place for neighborhood upscale lunch, ladies lunch. Food is fantastic, decor is high style and service is warm and welcoming. Extra bonus is amazing staircase and *****shopping.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/21/2014I have been to Armani several times--including one less than acceptable food experience. This time, however, the food was off the charts fantastic. The servers were warm, charming and efficient. The scallop appetizer may have been the best I have ever had. I would not hesitate to go back to Armani and to recommend the restaurant to friends and colleagues.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceMaggieDined on 8/14/2014Armani tries to be very cool adn succeeds. The food was notable, the service was professional and fun. Pricey, but worth it.Special Features:
- hkohliDined on 8/12/2014Very beautiful restaurant in an amazing location Friendly service Food was well presentedSpecial Features:
- Armani Ristorante 5th AvenueMissyMDined on 8/10/2014The Armani Ristorante's offerings for Restaurant Week were of very high quality and, in addition, we appreciated the spaciousness, comfort and elegant design of the restaurant The one serious negative was the design of the restroom. The rich marble counter tops did nothing to dispel the feeling of claustrophobia when the giant floor-to-ceiling door to the stall clanged shut and there seemed to be a serious lack of ventilation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ihatenicknamesVIPDined on 8/8/2014What a fabulous restaurant! The food and the service are superb, and the view 3 floors above 5th Ave. near the park is wonderful. The word for this restaurant is elegant. Without restaurant week specials, it can be a bit pricey, but I've already made plans to return with out-of-town friends who would so much enjoy the experience. Kudos to the chef. The risotto is fabulous. And what a great place to eat during Christmas week overlooking the throngs and all the excitement of Christmas on 5th Ave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!peonygirlDined on 8/8/2014Food was delicious and the service was just as outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyVIPDined on 8/6/2014Food is subtle and perfect; very sophisticated and deliciousSpecial Features:
- An unexpected surpriseSucepoodleVIPDined on 8/6/2014My guest & ( had an unexpected surprise while lunching at Armani Ristorante. The pre-fixe lunch menu was delicious and filling. We were also given coffee and biscotti. The bread basket was heavenly especially the rosemary cracker. I could have eaten a few more.Special Features:
- High Style DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Our visit to NYC coincided with NTC restaurant week so we took the opportunity to dine at Armani Restaurant on 5th Ave. The restaurant is located on the 3rd floor of the shop and has a stunning black and white decor, a long bar and black marble floor. The special menu had 3 choices for starter, mains and dessert. I went for the duck risotto starter that was delicious. I selected the Dorade for the main- not my favourite fish but tasty when done in a broth with tomatoes and olives. The Taramisu was probably the best I've ever had and came with an ice cream topping. The service was friendly and well paced. The wines are a bit pricey but the dinner at the special £38.00 price was good value for noney.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant week dinnerDine1MikeDined on 8/5/2014Our server was very pleasant. The bread was delicious - especially the crispy flat bead and olive rolls. Three of us ordered the the artichoke salad which was overly salted- inedible. Thank goodness for the bread. The rest of us ordered the risotto which was tasty and also salty. The steamed dorade was lukewarm,pale and not flavorful. The sirloin was dry and tough. Everyone enjoyed the tiramisu. Overall disappointing.Special Features:
- LallaDined on 8/4/2014il posto mi e' piaciuto molto e spero di poter ritornare. la cucina e' veramente buona e l'ambiente confortevole .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencegixyDined on 8/4/2014I went here for restaurant week with my husband, and we both had a great experience! the food was amazing and the service was also very good! The restaurant itself is very very nice, definitely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceAwesomePossumDined on 8/1/2014The dining experience at Armani Ristorante was truly exceptional and unlike anything I've ever experienced before. The service was on point and friendly and the wine list was very notable. The food was also very unique.Special Features:
- Fantastic Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/1/2014We had a great dinner last Friday night with friends from Europe - we all greatly enjoyed the food and service and highly recommend a meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambiance but..RcskimDined on 8/1/2014The food wasn't.. Appitizer and entree were like have no taste but the desert was edible. And one of the reception lady has an attitude. She is tall and has wavy blond hair. Everybody else was friendly. By the way Never wanna go back..
- Bad service!!!JaveryDined on 8/1/2014I took my husband out for his birthday hoping for an upscale New York dining experience. My husband was totally not impressed with the decor saying it was very 1980s, I liked the retro black and white look. Our server came to greet us and then came back to take our order. That was basically the last time we saw him until we flagged him down for a drink at the end of dinner. My husband's glass was empty since the appetizer!! No server came back to ask how the meal was or if we needed anything. Luckily the prosciutto wrapped pork loin dinner we both had was good (but extremely small portions).Special Features:
- Not worth the pricemarciaDined on 7/30/2014the service and food were not special and very small portions--the bathroom were dirty no toilet paper and when we complained the girl manager was totally disinterested....
- Excellent RestaurantChloeDined on 7/30/2014I went to this restaurant for New York restaurant week with my female friend. We enjoyed the dinner course and were very satisfied with the food. Especially, I liked their Risotto, pasta, and ice cream. And their waiters were very very kind and had a good service. I hope to visit here again pretty soon.Special Features:
- Chiccestmoi26VIPDined on 7/29/2014Restaurant week and I had to come to finally try this place out. Ambiance is beyond chic, the booths were super comfy, enough to have me plot sneaking them out without anyone looking LOL Service was initially formal and rigid and towards the end were super nice Food: Amuse bouche was great, the risotto was a bit too under cooked but flavorful, the Pork was amazing so was the gelato. Stayed there a while and we never felt hurried. I would totally go again.Special Features:
- A hidden gemGezelligDined on 7/29/2014I was not aware of the Armani restaurant above the Armani store on 5th avenue, until I saw its listing in Restaurant Week. Tried it out and overall it was great. The food was very good, ambiance and interior very nice and the service was also very attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Very good italian restaurantAina2014Dined on 7/27/2014The risotto is absolutely a must try. The Tiramisu also. We took also a buratta, but it was not good. The presentation of the plates was perfect. The place is very nice and quite. The service is very good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what expectedKrasotkaDined on 7/25/2014Looks like an average diner, food is not great, portions are tiny, unjustifiably overpriced. Service charge of 18% already included into the bill, though we had party of four. Will not come back
- Restaurant Week dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/25/2014Restaurant week enables us to try an expensive restaurant for a modest price and if we like it to return again and again. I was a bit surprised when the hostess called to confirm the reservation and asked if we would be ordering from the Restaurant Week menu. We came to Armani and were delighted with the room and the views of Fifth Avenue. We had the best table, on the corner of Fifth and 56th St. Then our server came over. She was clearly annoyed that we do not drink alcohol, and when we ordered from the Restaurant Week menu I felt like Oliver Twist! The food was beautifully presented and as delicious as it looked, but the glacial attitude cast a pall over the whole dinner. I don't think we will return.Special Features:
- Armani Ristorante NOT worth it!SantidinesDined on 7/24/2014Don't waste your time. If you want a drink at the bar, sure, otherwise the food is really mediocre. We went for restaurant week and I wasn't offered a coffee course and had to ask for it. The waiter said, "it's not included", well, I didn't expect that it would be BUT not to even be asked? The risotto was over salted and bland and the fish was overly cooked and equally as bland. The gelati had been pre-scooped and obviously held in the freezer (no doubt as a way to save time in the kitchen) but unattractive. Call this a bistro maybe, but it is not a restaurant and certainly does not do justice to the Armani brand.Special Features:
- mediocre food but nice ambiencewonderingDined on 7/24/2014The food was mediocre, but the atmosphere was quite nice. Nice interior and good service. But not sure if I would go back for that price.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Outstanding service; so attentive. One of my best dining services.Special Features:
- Restaurant week menuLuvfoodDined on 7/23/2014Went there for restaurant week, ordered the Cucumber soup and risotto apps, wild striped bass and chuck steak for main. The soup was ok, had a few slivers of grape tomatoes, was lacking a third texture element. The risotto was undercooked just garnished with micro greens nothing memorable. The bass was nicely cooked, the arugula salad on the plate was overly salted. I took one bite and thought I ate a spoonful of salt I had to spit it out. The steak had a nice presentation medium rare with a nice sauce,color and flavor, but meat was tough. Dessert was tiramisu & ice cream, which the server failed to mention the three different flavors of ice cream and walked away. Service and food might be different if we were to pay full menu price I hope.