Arlington Rooftop Bar & Grill
2424 Wilson Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22201Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Arlington Rooftop Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.arlrooftop.com/
- Phone: 7035283030x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Testa
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our mezzanine level offers a more quiet atmosphere with personal service, full menu options and a fireplace. The perfect place for meetings, special occasions, and private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Stephanie Terault 7035283030x
A word from Arlington Rooftop Bar & Grill
Arlington Rooftop Bar Grill is a full service restaurant offering much more than excellent lunch, dinner and weekend brunch options. Centrally located in the Clarendon / Court House village of Arlington, VA. Arlington Rooftop Bar & Grill delivers value and variety in a fun and exciting , upscale atmosphere. With an extensive beer and wine list, a huge rooftop patio with outdoor seating, and enough flatscreens to catch every game, Arlington Rooftop Bar & Grill will soon be your new favorite place in town.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Arlington Rooftop Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (7)neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (6)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (3)scenic view (3)great for lunch (2)fit for foodies (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Marvelousktirene33Dined on 9/29/2014We enjoyed our evening out at this wonderful place very much. The food was scrumptious and the atmosphere was so nice. We sat outside on the rooftop and watched the sun set and listened to the music and relished every bite of our food. It was a Monday night so we were able to find street parking right out front. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good to be outsideAlexdisappointedDined on 8/15/2014Can not reserve on the roof top before hand but you can once you are there. I wish I had known that earlier. Rooftop is a lot of fun. The food is very simple but good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceMs24kLuv2DineDined on 8/9/2014The combination of quantity of entries makes this a GREAT CHOICE...and the festive atmosphere having Great quality food, the meats are quite tender and good having tried several. Having the TV's for entrainment is great addition. The rooftop dining is lovely, loud on the weekend due the bar area and crowd, but tolerable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 141 reviews are from the Arlington Rooftop Bar & Grill reviews archive.
- Nice SurpriseRHummelDined on 11/22/2013My husband and I (early 60's ) went to the Rooftop Grill after an early movie at AMC. Loved the food and the casual, comfortable, clean atmosphere! We were probably the oldest people there. We made reservations online prior to arriving and requested a quiet spot. Upon arrival we were escorted upstairs and seated at a bar height table close to the fireplace. This section has a warm welcoming atmosphere with the two sofa groupings of designed for casual conversation. This establishment is obviously managed very well. It has a clean, warm, and welcoming feel. I hope to take my daughter and her friend there soon - I have more items on their menu I need to try. Compliments to the chef!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sports barEnnisforDined on 10/27/2013So we went in on a Sunday after the Marine Corps Marathon. Immediate impression - this is basically a sports bar, with a tv every foot. Which was okay, but wasn't really what we expected. They seemed understaffed, for a football Sunday with the MCM ending a few blocks and metro stop away; clearly there were a several marathoners that had made it in. Service was slow, but friendly. Food was sort of hit and miss. It came out a couple plates at a time. My Benedict Filet was decent - could have used a steak knife and the eggs were cold, but it was generally tasty. My wife's pancakes seemed underdone. We got refueled and had a couple of toasts and enjoyed ourselves - but I can't see going back....Special Features:
- Fun birthday celebrationLex20VIPDined on 10/13/2013A bunch of friends met here for brunch on a Sunday morning. It wasn't crowded and they had plenty of seating. We were a group of 7 and they took pretty good care of us. It was weird how it wasn't crowded, but we sat right by the entrance. Still, we appreciated the service. They split up the checks correctly. I had brought in cupcakes for my friend's birthday and they brought them out nicely displayed and one with a candle! The eggs benedict with the ham was great. I got the fruit, but wish I had gotten the potatoes since the fruit portion was really small. I didn't get the mimosas, but others did and said they were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunch menuNW13Dined on 9/21/2013Good spot for brunch. In the warmer months, I recommend dining on the roof. Affordable menu with $3 mimosas - can't beat that. They could make the omelets a little bigger and stuff them a little more, (and give you more fruit) but overall, the experience was a pleasant one. We saw several other patrons' food pass our table and each plate looked delicious, so we'll definitely be back to check out what else the restaurant has to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itcoachcrystalDined on 9/20/2013I chose this restaurant because it was close to the AMC movie theater. The food was great. Loved the vibe and I will be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a very so-so experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/12/2013We had a very so-so experience at Rooftop. We've been fans of the food, but the menu seems to have gone downhill and the service was very sporadic. The happy hour wine was almost undrinkable.
- I had a great business lunch.MatEDined on 8/28/2013I had a great business lunch. The avocado and lobster tower is fantastic and was only $14. It was very quiet for a weekday business lunch.Special Features:
- Very accomodatingtimsDined on 8/19/2013They were nice enough to allow the 7 of us to eat on the roof; it's a nice view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elevated viewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2013first visit; food good; portions bigger than expected; nice to be outside up on a roof; not an awesome view or anything, but great little spot to know about We'll be back for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- looked like a kids summercampAri18VIPDined on 7/31/2013Too noisy, impossible hear each other with a person in front trying to coordinate games that just a few paid attention. Really a bad experienceSpecial Features:
- Strong MenuCareInnDined on 7/12/2013Great rooftop bar, solid inside space, good food, decent service, great bartenders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, convenient dinner spot in ArlKatieVIPDined on 6/25/2013I went for dinner with my sister on a Tuesday night. The restaurant wasn't too busy and we were able to get a good booth. We ordered the calamari and cauliflower (kind of weird that they threw in a fried vegetable) which was good, although we had to ask for extra sauce. I got the caprese sandwich, which was delicious, and the mac & cheese, which was pretty unappetizing-- they used tiny macaroni noodles and there was way too much liquid cheese (wish I had gotten the onion rings or something else -- they have tons of sides). My sister got the burger and friends and absolutely loved it. The waiter was very friendly and accommodating.
- Wonderful father's day brunchAmeliaDined on 6/16/2013We had a wonderful brunch on the roof top. The staff was great and really kid friendly. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food is excellent, but don'tOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/6/2013food is excellent, but don't go for dinner during happy hour - extremely noisy and hard to talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising Brunch Win!EnjoyingBrunchDined on 5/19/2013Surprisingly good brunch and nice atmophere at Arlington Rooftop Bar and Grill. The menu was creative, well priced, and we were able to get a table for a large group without any trouble. Greeters were very good and helpful. The waitress started off a little harsh but warmed up as the meal progressed. We had several errors with our orders, but they tried to fix them promptly and mentioned that the menu was new so they were working through some kinks. The food was quite good, the drinks were not too expensive, and everyone in the party gave the brunch a positive review! We'll go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- only go for the bar on roofanymouseDined on 5/17/2013Roof top dining not an option at 6pm on a Friday. Too crowded from happy hour. Should have known better. So food you can get on 2nd floor not worth going. Had a "lobster roll" of sorts. They should go to Legal Seafoods to see what one should really be like. Could have stayed home for a tuna salad on a roll and done better. Reasonable deal on drinks. Would consider the parents night out option on a Tue. Or maybe a burger for lunch.Special Features:
- mother's day dealFancydiNer2521Dined on 5/12/2013I came here for the price fix deal for Mother's Day, it was $25 for a 3 course meal. Food was ok, nothing really fancy but for the price fantastic. It was a quiet day which we liked, and we enjoyed our time here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for after workCBreeze2013Dined on 5/3/2013The food is good and reasonably priced. For dinner, the dining room is on the main floor not the roof, so the name is a little deceiving. That said, the atmosphere is energetic and makes for a good after work happy hour place to have dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We normally love Rooftop,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/3/2013We normally love Rooftop, but the sandwiches seemed a little smaller than usual, the service slower and we were in an upstairs room that wasn't as nice as the lofty bar area. We'll give it another shot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu, fun rooftop space,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/13/2013Great menu, fun rooftop space, very accomodating. Will definitly be coming back for brunch in the future!Special Features:
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/9/2013this place would be a great candidate for Restaurant Impossible! The food was decent but it's far too obvious that they are only serving food to justify their liquor license. The service was very slow but the waitress was attentive when she was available. I'll be back for the atmosphere but perhaps only for drinks.Special Features:
- My boyfriend and I were lookingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013My boyfriend and I were looking for a great brunch spot and we found it in Arlington Rooftop Bar & Grill. The service and food were excellent. Another bonus is that the restaurant is centrally located to where we live and our friends. I could already imagine meeting up with my girls too for brunch or lunch. Good times and I do plan on going back again.Special Features:
- Arlington Rooftop Grill surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/31/2013Arlington Rooftop Grill surprised me. The rooftop wasn't open and my expectations were low. But the service was excellent and the food was surprisingly good. We were there on Easter at 12:30, so it was very quiet and I know it can get rambunctious when the weather is nice and the rooftop is open. But consider it as a good alternative in Clarendon/Courthouse at other times, too.Special Features:
- Arlington Rooftop is a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/29/2013Arlington Rooftop is a great Friday night spot for us. Better than just bar food and a nicer than expected interior with high ceilings. Normally the service is good too, but we got a trainee on Friday who wasn't quite up to the usual standards.Special Features:
- WORST service everOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/29/2013Worst service I've ever had in Arlington. The waiter forgot to put in our drink order, so 30 minutes later, we had no drinks and still hadn't placed our food order. We should have left then. The drinks arrived and were subpar at best. The food was ok, but it's just your traditional bar food. We then waited (no exaggeration) 45 minutes for our check after requesting it numerous times. The machine that processes their tickets was down, but instead of telling us that, they got annoyed when we asked for the bill and said they were working on it. We finally took some cash to the hostess and told her we were leaving. Only then were they prompted to bring us the check - which was someone else's! Total nightmare! Never again.
- The service was great - theyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2013The service was great - they had a table set up for us and let us be seated even though no one else in the group had shown up yet. To be fair, only 20% of the tables were occupied anyways. Service was friendly and attentive although we had a few wrong orders. Now the food: out of the seven of us, only two people enjoyed their meal. My advice - stay away from the omelettes and waffles and only go for french toast. I don't know why an omelette would be dusted with what looked like old bay seasoning and a weird hollandaise sauce, it was very unfortunate. Even though the french toast was amazing, a brunch spot shouldn't be a one-note and unfortunately most people's plates were left barely touched.Special Features:
- The service was pretty terrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/23/2013The service was pretty terrible. After waiting at the table for 20 minutes without anyone checking on us, we finally got up and asked for menus and silverware. It didn't get better after that. The service was bad and the food wasn't much better.
- Great Food...Great Service.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/3/2013Went for brunch - had waffles with strawberries, juice, hot chocolate and a bowl of fruit and all were very delicious. Service was on point - my waitress was very pleasant and helpful. Also it wasn't crowded when I first went there, but more folks arrived later. Venue is within walking distance from the Courthouse Metro. I plan to go again on another day.Special Features:
- Arlington Rooftop is a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2013Arlington Rooftop is a wonderful location to hold special events. This is the second year where I have utilized Arlington Rooftop to hold a fundraising event. The bar night draws in 150-250 people each year and Arlington Rooftop has been the best location we have used so far! Shama, the event coordinator, is so helpful with organizing the details to pull off a successful event. The staff and managers are always extremely helpful throughout the actual event. I love hearing people say how impressed they are with the venue! I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is looking for a good spot in Arlington to bring a lot of people together!Special Features:
- Not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/15/2013The food was alright, but nothing wonderful. We had the mussels, which were good, but not very big. The crabcake didn't have much flavor. I got the tortilla soup and it wasn't soup at all. I probably would go back for sandwiches but not the expensive meals.Special Features:
- Rooftop would have receivedHadrianDined on 2/8/2013Rooftop would have received a better overall grade, but the service was really slow. Our server paid more attention to friends (who arrived 15 minutes after us, ensure they got a table, and served them drinks before any water or our drink order which was place earlier). My wife really enjoyed the mussels and I really enjoy the mac & cheese (one of my 3 sides entree). Service really needs to improve before getting a higher rated, but still not a bad place to get a quick bite on a early Friday night.Special Features:
- I had a problem getting myOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/15/2013I had a problem getting my points from this meal. They canceled my reservation while I was sitting at my table and I had to fight to get the points re-instated. The food was ok but when we went there was a book launch so it was pretty crazy and loud.Special Features:
- Not awesome but I like itOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/9/2013Not awesome but I like it for trivia. The rooftop is also nice when the weather is good.
- The restaurant is trying toOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/8/2013The restaurant is trying to bill itself as a fine dining establishment but it is anything but. It's a sports bar and would be great for happy hour.
- Rooftop is one of our staples.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/4/2013Rooftop is one of our staples. It's reliably tasty, easy and well run. Never too busy.Special Features:
- It was a quiet Thursday nightRestaurantweeksamplerVIPDined on 1/3/2013It was a quiet Thursday night and the place was empty. Food & Service was great though!Special Features:
- Took almost an hour to getOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/1/2013Took almost an hour to get our food, which was bland. Not impressed at all.