1032 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10021Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.arlingtonclubny.com/
- Phone: 2122495700x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am,
Brunch: Sat & Sun: 11:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Frank Cervantes
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu will be available for offsite catering.
- Private Party Facilities: For Special Events, we will offer our entire venue or our mezzanine for private parties which accommodates approximately 75 seated. We will also offer a semi-private dining area which accommodates approximately 25 seated surrounded by our vintage wine fridges in the main dining room.
- Private Party Contact: Cheryl Vasi 2123993097x
- Special Events: See Private Party Description
- Cross Street: 73 and 74
- Public Transit: M102 & M103 Bus stops directly in front of Restaurant.
Closest train is the 6 train (green line) at 77th Street Station
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street Parking: 1 hour metered parking from 10am - 7pm. Free street parking available after 7pm from Mon - Sat; all day Sunday.
Parking garage located on 73rd Street between 3rd Ave & Lexington Ave; closer to 3rd Avenue.
A word from Arlington Club
Arlington Club is a bi-level classic steakhouse located at 1032 Lexington Avenue between 73rd and 74th Streets in the Upper East Side neighborhood. This space was formerly the home of the Lenox Hill Republican Club in the 1920s, an ice-skating rink called Ice Studio from the 1970s to 90s.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Arlington Club reviews from OpenTable diners
252 reviews since May 17, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (92)special occasion (91)fit for foodies (65)vibrant bar scene (64)good for groups (63)hot spot (50)great for lunch (49)notable wine list (46)romantic (41)great for brunch (25)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (2)Show More
- RemiVIPDined on 9/11/2014Great food at a great price! Three courses, all delicious, love the popovers! Chicken payard is sometimes boring, but theirs was delicious and juicy.Special Features:
- OK - NOT AS GOOD AS IT USED TO BEElakshiVIPDined on 9/10/2014Our dinner was fine. The popovers were cold, the waiter didn't know much about the wine list and the food was a little bland (squash blossoms, black bass and branzino). However, the Brussels sprouts were excellent. A little disappointing given the prices and the recent rave reviews.
- RemiVIPDined on 9/10/2014We enjoyed the ambiance, but agreed that the earlier one goes the better. We dined at 7, and by the time we left, the place was rocking! The service was professional, the popovers delicious, the prix fix dinner at $38 for three courses was a real bargain. My crab cake was excellent, my filet tip delicious and perfectly cooked, and we all loved the peanut butter chocolate bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Derf MDOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Waited 45 AFTER my reservation time. Eventually seated after spoke to manager. Menu has been reworked dramatically. NOT good. The skirt steak had been removed from the menu. All steaks come with fries, asked to substitute vegetables for fries. Was told there are NO substitutions at all. It seems that the prices have increased dramatically while portion size of the steaks have dwindled. There was over 30 between courses. The restaurant used to be a reliable option. Significant decline from what it was.Special Features:
- VivsreviewsDined on 9/8/2014Food is consistently good. Charming and delightful waiter but slow service on this occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous EveningCapriDined on 9/6/2014Addictive popovers, incredible stuffed zucchini flowers, divine seared crab cakes, fab smoked gouda mac + cheese, spectacular steaks, all served in a beautiful setting with great background music and super service, we can't wait to return to the Arlington Club.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RemiVIPDined on 9/6/2014This was our first visit (brunch) to the Arlington Club. We had heard it was loud at night, crowded as well, so we waited awhile before trying it, and we went for brunch. We had a signature dish--popovers with poached eggs and a short rib. Very creative and delicious. The service was first-rate, and we were so pleased, we made a dinner reservation for this Wednesday (through Open Table) to see if we like the dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really GreatCockbdaDined on 9/5/2014Great food, lovely ambiance (I nearly feel asleep when the lights went down). Great staff with good service. If I got picky I would say the coffee needs work but this is the US after all. Again food sensational.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ArlingtonLuv2eatVIPDined on 9/3/2014Love the setting, food was great, service was great. Will be coming back for sure!! Another neighbor goodie!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu change!GoodchoiceVIPDined on 9/1/2014Have eaten here several times......Went the other night and the menu changed..... Some favorite items were either gone or changed. What happened to the lamb chops, steak tartare, pickles, the zucchini blossoms had eggplant in them????? Everything was over salted as well!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Good selections on menu . Very eclectic with good foodSpecial Features:
- Expensive but worth itnativenewyorkerDined on 8/30/2014It was better than I hoped or expected. It was my birthday dinner, so I wanted it to be nice, and it was great. From the giant popovers to start, to the delicious dessert, and including the very expensive but big and delicious rib-eye, it was a wonderful dinner. And the service was polite, helpful and not intrusive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunchnewyorker10021VIPDined on 8/30/2014Brunch and lunch are quiet times. At brunch, stick with basic egg dishes, pancakes, huevos rancheros., Menu has lunch dishes, too, including salads, hamburgers, etc.Special Features:
- Always a Great SteakPickyNYCFoodieDined on 8/29/2014Always great food at Arlington from the bread to the steak to the dessert! Was a bit dead due to the holiday weekend, but was great service and a lower noise level. They closed a bit early (11PM), but I don't really blame them! Will surely return.Special Features:
- 82muchVIPDined on 8/24/2014Certainly a steakhouse with style and panache--sides, appetizers, presentation are all more original than traditional steakhouses. Unfortunately the strip steak itself was disappointing. Although excellent flavor, the beef was chewier and stringier than it should have been. All things considered, though, I am willing to give it another chanceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and nice ambianceClaudiussonDined on 8/20/2014Food and ambience were both great. Service could have been a little better. some of the appetizer were already finished at 9 pm and at 10:30 they did not have any sugar for my coffee!! unacceptable for a $130 dinner.Special Features:
- Awesome ArlingtonLuv2eatVIPDined on 8/20/2014Delicious food ,great atmosphere , loved the energy in the resturant service was great. Can't wait to go back for another amazing meal. Two thumbs up for the Arlington!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for EveryoneHallwayDined on 8/20/2014This was a great spot for our family- 22 year old daughter and boys 17 and 20. Everyone found something they liked on the menu. Great wine selection. Good spot our family!Special Features:
- Good but should be even betterOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/20/2014We have had mixed experiences here. On one occasion, the staff was very rude, but on another occasion the staff were nice. The food is good and the menu is quite attractive, but I think the staff has an attitude derived from their status as a hot restaurant in the neighborhood, which unfortunately does not work to the benefit of the customers.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre but ConvenientAmazingVIPDined on 8/19/2014Only the steak and the booze met the standards of any steakhouse not on the UES. Given that, I will probably not return, but I appreciate the effort.Special Features:
- Not once, but twice...gona0327VIPDined on 8/16/2014I had to discard of fatty pieces of steak into my napkin. Not sure I've had to do that more than once at a steakhouse. Hey, it happens I suppose?? Either the way the porter house for two was good, at least the portion that was edible. Way to fatty if you ask me. The popover bread was excellent, as was the sides that came with the meal, fries, brussel sprouts, and creamed spinach. The AG steak sauce and the béarnaise were also quite good. The Arlington Club cocktail while pretty good isn't worth the ridiculous price of $15. They were out of the bottle of wine we wanted but the substitute was fine by me. The peanut butter bar desert may have been the best part of the meal and I'm not even a dessert person. Overall pretty good.Special Features:
- Delicious dinnerfoodfiendDined on 8/16/2014Enjoyed the service from the moment we walked in: Attentive, respectful. Great wait staff. Each course was served in a timely manner. The appetizer, unusual artichoke dish, was excellent. The filet mignon was prepared to perfection and the brussel sprouts were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not their best nightNYCfoodloverDined on 8/15/2014I have been to Arlington Club a few times before and while it was overpriced for what it was, the food was fine. Unfortunately, my luck ran out. I ordered a steak medium rare, I got a medium well steak. I also ordered a nice bottle of wine, which was listed at $90 on the wine list I was given. When I got the bill, I was charged $125. Apparently I got the one wine list that hadn't been updated to raise the price. I had to pay because apparently I am supposed to be psychic to know they gave me a menu with an incorrect price.
- Lunch is the best dealnewyorker10021VIPDined on 8/15/2014Arlington is continuing the restaurant week menu for lunch. indefinitely, so run , don't walk there for the best deal in town..start with gazpacho, mussels or salad. The whopping popover is Devine. Move on to a filet , (about 5 oz.), or fish, or a couple of other entrees, and finish with dessert. A $ 25 tab for good food and service in a fine restaurant in the fancy dancy upper east side is worth going to againSpecial Features:
- Dinner for restaurant weekQueensheabaDined on 8/14/2014It was very crowded I'm assuming due to restaurant week. We waited 15 minutes to be seated but we grabbed a drink at bar that costs us $40 for two mixed drop which I thought was a little pricey. We got seated upstairs which was nice. The waiter was very nice and informative. The portions were very small but food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth the priceFoodieGirl89Dined on 8/14/2014The presentation of the food was amazing. On the pricey side but its a steakhouse with quality steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad first impressionJEG0001VIPDined on 8/13/2014I had a reservation for 8:45 and wasn't even seated by 9:20. I understand that the restaurant was crowded but the hostess should have let me know they were running a little behind when I checked in on arrival. I ordered my steak rare and it came out well over medium. I was so hungry by the time our food actually came out that I didn't care how it was cooked. The steak was still tasty but it wasn't as enjoyable as much as it should have been, had the chef prepared it the way I ordered. The service was also extremely slow, but our waiter was friendly and he recommended an excellent wine.Special Features:
- mikeyVIPDined on 8/13/2014We enjoyed Arlington Club, but the food portions were minuscule. True, it was Restaurant Week, but an obvious reduction in portions is not the intent. Typical of this, the sorbet portion for desert was virtually the size of a tablespoon. And, we received our check even before we finished our meal. Shame !
- Class ActcgprinterVIPDined on 8/13/2014Recently took my daughter and her boyfriend to Arlington Club for dinner - they live near by and were surprised they had never heard of the place - I was curious to see how they would like the place coming from a different generations (or two) perspective. They both loved the place, the energy, the design, and as always the staff was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak or sushi; one from column Anewyorker10021VIPDined on 8/13/2014A steak restaurant with a sushi menu? Yes, and you will be pleased with either. Popovers are super good. Beware , there is a charge if you ask for a second one. It is super noisy so if you want to hear what your dining partners are saying, go early. If you get there very early, there is a pre theatre prix fixe. Bar is busy with singles. Food is wonderful, though pricey.Special Features:
- Lived up to it's reputationJaberDined on 8/12/2014Nice job! My friend lives in NYC and told me this was his favorite place, I can see why. Food was excellent, so was our waiter, Will. I'd go back just for the turnovers, can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food!DeniseDined on 8/12/2014Sat up front near window when water kept dripping down on table. Waiter made no effort to address issue when we mentioned it. Otherwise, enjoyed food and service.Special Features:
- good restaurant week experiencemanhattanVIPDined on 8/12/2014I'm not sure who this restaurant is for; it's jam-packed every night, so it must be for someone. The atmosphere may be less objectionable in the evening. It looks like a designer was trying to update an Old West conception. The ceiling fixtures are hideous; the booths and tables are cheap-looking. A restaurant week lunch of Caesar salad, petite [sic] filet, and coconut-lime sorbet was excellent The filet came with two different sauces and was cooked exactly as specified; the fries were well-done, as specified, though not as tasty as some fries elsewhere. A nice popover was served at the beginning .
- Really goodMonacaroVIPDined on 8/11/2014Good food, nice ambience and service. Restaurant week menu very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great serviceUESEaterDined on 8/9/2014Brunch as usual was fantastic. The service was impeccable and the food top notch. The monkey brioche bread is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week 2014BrowniegirlDined on 8/8/2014I went here with a group of 6 on Friday for a restaurant week dinner. I loved the vibe and decor, it's comfortable while unique. Everyone enjoyed their meals, although the restaurant week portions were small. Popovers they give you to start are amazing! I had and would recommend the tuna tartar and petite filet! The only item I wouldn't recommend is the chopped veggie salad. My friend that chose it barely ate it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousVIPDined on 8/8/2014food and ambience good and very nice restaurant week menu glad they participate not happy with table up front and not being seated till they saw my party of four
- Beautiful place, food not goodlonnyDined on 8/8/2014The place is beautiful but the food was not great. I had steak, which was dry and bland. The best part of the restaurant was the bread.
- Terrible!CoderedVIPDined on 8/7/2014Worst service ever. Seated 30mins late, then after sitting at table finally, and 30mins goes by without so much as water on the table, walked out.Special Features:
- A bit disappointingpsgnyDined on 8/7/2014Went for Restaurant Week. Actual menu was different from online version. Soup was served without a spoon, salad was served without dressing. Waiters were not too attentive except to the table nearby with three young ladies.