1032 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10021Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.arlingtonclubny.com/
- Phone: 2122495700x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am,
Brunch: Sat & Sun: 11:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Frank Cervantes
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu will be available for offsite catering.
- Private Party Facilities: For Special Events, we will offer our entire venue or our mezzanine for private parties which accommodates approximately 75 seated. We will also offer a semi-private dining area which accommodates approximately 25 seated surrounded by our vintage wine fridges in the main dining room.
- Private Party Contact: Cheryl Vasi 2123993097x
- Special Events: See Private Party Description
- Cross Street: 73 and 74
- Public Transit: M102 & M103 Bus stops directly in front of Restaurant.
Closest train is the 6 train (green line) at 77th Street Station
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street Parking: 1 hour metered parking from 10am - 7pm. Free street parking available after 7pm from Mon - Sat; all day Sunday.
Parking garage located on 73rd Street between 3rd Ave & Lexington Ave; closer to 3rd Avenue.
A word from Arlington Club
Arlington Club is a bi-level classic steakhouse located at 1032 Lexington Avenue between 73rd and 74th Streets in the Upper East Side neighborhood. This space was formerly the home of the Lenox Hill Republican Club in the 1920s, an ice-skating rink called Ice Studio from the 1970s to 90s.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Arlington Club reviews from OpenTable diners
262 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (93)neighborhood gem (91)vibrant bar scene (71)fit for foodies (69)good for groups (66)hot spot (51)notable wine list (45)great for lunch (43)romantic (41)great for brunch (24)late-night find (20)kid-friendly (15)scenic view (2)Show More
- 82muchVIPDined on 8/24/2014Certainly a steakhouse with style and panache--sides, appetizers, presentation are all more original than traditional steakhouses. Unfortunately the strip steak itself was disappointing. Although excellent flavor, the beef was chewier and stringier than it should have been. All things considered, though, I am willing to give it another chanceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and nice ambianceClaudiussonDined on 8/20/2014Food and ambience were both great. Service could have been a little better. some of the appetizer were already finished at 9 pm and at 10:30 they did not have any sugar for my coffee!! unacceptable for a $130 dinner.Special Features:
- Awesome ArlingtonLuv2eatVIPDined on 8/20/2014Delicious food ,great atmosphere , loved the energy in the resturant service was great. Can't wait to go back for another amazing meal. Two thumbs up for the Arlington!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for EveryoneHallwayDined on 8/20/2014This was a great spot for our family- 22 year old daughter and boys 17 and 20. Everyone found something they liked on the menu. Great wine selection. Good spot our family!Special Features:
- Good but should be even betterOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/20/2014We have had mixed experiences here. On one occasion, the staff was very rude, but on another occasion the staff were nice. The food is good and the menu is quite attractive, but I think the staff has an attitude derived from their status as a hot restaurant in the neighborhood, which unfortunately does not work to the benefit of the customers.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre but ConvenientAmazingVIPDined on 8/19/2014Only the steak and the booze met the standards of any steakhouse not on the UES. Given that, I will probably not return, but I appreciate the effort.Special Features:
- Not once, but twice...gona0327VIPDined on 8/16/2014I had to discard of fatty pieces of steak into my napkin. Not sure I've had to do that more than once at a steakhouse. Hey, it happens I suppose?? Either the way the porter house for two was good, at least the portion that was edible. Way to fatty if you ask me. The popover bread was excellent, as was the sides that came with the meal, fries, brussel sprouts, and creamed spinach. The AG steak sauce and the béarnaise were also quite good. The Arlington Club cocktail while pretty good isn't worth the ridiculous price of $15. They were out of the bottle of wine we wanted but the substitute was fine by me. The peanut butter bar desert may have been the best part of the meal and I'm not even a dessert person. Overall pretty good.Special Features:
- Delicious dinnerfoodfiendDined on 8/16/2014Enjoyed the service from the moment we walked in: Attentive, respectful. Great wait staff. Each course was served in a timely manner. The appetizer, unusual artichoke dish, was excellent. The filet mignon was prepared to perfection and the brussel sprouts were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not their best nightNYCfoodloverDined on 8/15/2014I have been to Arlington Club a few times before and while it was overpriced for what it was, the food was fine. Unfortunately, my luck ran out. I ordered a steak medium rare, I got a medium well steak. I also ordered a nice bottle of wine, which was listed at $90 on the wine list I was given. When I got the bill, I was charged $125. Apparently I got the one wine list that hadn't been updated to raise the price. I had to pay because apparently I am supposed to be psychic to know they gave me a menu with an incorrect price.
- Lunch is the best dealnewyorker10021VIPDined on 8/15/2014Arlington is continuing the restaurant week menu for lunch. indefinitely, so run , don't walk there for the best deal in town..start with gazpacho, mussels or salad. The whopping popover is Devine. Move on to a filet , (about 5 oz.), or fish, or a couple of other entrees, and finish with dessert. A $ 25 tab for good food and service in a fine restaurant in the fancy dancy upper east side is worth going to againSpecial Features:
- Dinner for restaurant weekQueensheabaDined on 8/14/2014It was very crowded I'm assuming due to restaurant week. We waited 15 minutes to be seated but we grabbed a drink at bar that costs us $40 for two mixed drop which I thought was a little pricey. We got seated upstairs which was nice. The waiter was very nice and informative. The portions were very small but food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth the priceFoodieGirl89Dined on 8/14/2014The presentation of the food was amazing. On the pricey side but its a steakhouse with quality steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad first impressionJEG0001Dined on 8/13/2014I had a reservation for 8:45 and wasn't even seated by 9:20. I understand that the restaurant was crowded but the hostess should have let me know they were running a little behind when I checked in on arrival. I ordered my steak rare and it came out well over medium. I was so hungry by the time our food actually came out that I didn't care how it was cooked. The steak was still tasty but it wasn't as enjoyable as much as it should have been, had the chef prepared it the way I ordered. The service was also extremely slow, but our waiter was friendly and he recommended an excellent wine.Special Features:
- mikeyVIPDined on 8/13/2014We enjoyed Arlington Club, but the food portions were minuscule. True, it was Restaurant Week, but an obvious reduction in portions is not the intent. Typical of this, the sorbet portion for desert was virtually the size of a tablespoon. And, we received our check even before we finished our meal. Shame !
- Class ActcgprinterVIPDined on 8/13/2014Recently took my daughter and her boyfriend to Arlington Club for dinner - they live near by and were surprised they had never heard of the place - I was curious to see how they would like the place coming from a different generations (or two) perspective. They both loved the place, the energy, the design, and as always the staff was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak or sushi; one from column Anewyorker10021VIPDined on 8/13/2014A steak restaurant with a sushi menu? Yes, and you will be pleased with either. Popovers are super good. Beware , there is a charge if you ask for a second one. It is super noisy so if you want to hear what your dining partners are saying, go early. If you get there very early, there is a pre theatre prix fixe. Bar is busy with singles. Food is wonderful, though pricey.Special Features:
- Lived up to it's reputationJaberDined on 8/12/2014Nice job! My friend lives in NYC and told me this was his favorite place, I can see why. Food was excellent, so was our waiter, Will. I'd go back just for the turnovers, can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food!DeniseDined on 8/12/2014Sat up front near window when water kept dripping down on table. Waiter made no effort to address issue when we mentioned it. Otherwise, enjoyed food and service.Special Features:
- good restaurant week experiencemanhattanVIPDined on 8/12/2014I'm not sure who this restaurant is for; it's jam-packed every night, so it must be for someone. The atmosphere may be less objectionable in the evening. It looks like a designer was trying to update an Old West conception. The ceiling fixtures are hideous; the booths and tables are cheap-looking. A restaurant week lunch of Caesar salad, petite [sic] filet, and coconut-lime sorbet was excellent The filet came with two different sauces and was cooked exactly as specified; the fries were well-done, as specified, though not as tasty as some fries elsewhere. A nice popover was served at the beginning .
- Really goodMonacaroVIPDined on 8/11/2014Good food, nice ambience and service. Restaurant week menu very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great serviceUESEaterDined on 8/9/2014Brunch as usual was fantastic. The service was impeccable and the food top notch. The monkey brioche bread is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week 2014BrowniegirlDined on 8/8/2014I went here with a group of 6 on Friday for a restaurant week dinner. I loved the vibe and decor, it's comfortable while unique. Everyone enjoyed their meals, although the restaurant week portions were small. Popovers they give you to start are amazing! I had and would recommend the tuna tartar and petite filet! The only item I wouldn't recommend is the chopped veggie salad. My friend that chose it barely ate it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousVIPDined on 8/8/2014food and ambience good and very nice restaurant week menu glad they participate not happy with table up front and not being seated till they saw my party of four
- Beautiful place, food not goodlonnyDined on 8/8/2014The place is beautiful but the food was not great. I had steak, which was dry and bland. The best part of the restaurant was the bread.
- Terrible!CoderedVIPDined on 8/7/2014Worst service ever. Seated 30mins late, then after sitting at table finally, and 30mins goes by without so much as water on the table, walked out.Special Features:
- A bit disappointingpsgnyDined on 8/7/2014Went for Restaurant Week. Actual menu was different from online version. Soup was served without a spoon, salad was served without dressing. Waiters were not too attentive except to the table nearby with three young ladies.
- Great food, Good AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014My friend and I ate at Arlington Club during Restaurant Week, so I feel we got a different taste of what it's usually like. The menu is very pricey (there's a steak for 2 for $125) but we ate prix fixe for $38. The portions were small so it was actually perfect that we got three courses. The salmon was amazing and my friend's steak was to die for. I had the gazpacho and it was the best I've ever had. I would strongly recommend this restaurant to anyone with the money to pay for it.Special Features:
- Terrible..NotgoodAlingtonClubDined on 8/7/2014The restaurant menu and real foods are diffrent. The ingredients of a choopped vegerable salad have 8 quantity on the menubook. but, i got only 4 quantity. and some waiter was rude.. Ai fiori is good restaurant. try to go there~! not Alington Club~!
- Too much noise.JoeLeeDined on 8/5/2014The table is not stable. I don't feel conformable when I seat there. The light is very dim and the portions are quite small; however, it tastes excellent.Special Features:
- Noises onmaven1VIPDined on 8/5/2014When we could hear ourselves talk and that was infrequently, we were able to taste the food--which was OK. Popovers were fantastic. Noise was beyond belief. Had filet mignon and fries--tasty. I would not return as there are much better and quieter restaurants.Special Features:
- contessaVIPDined on 8/5/2014Excellent restaurant week menu...Beautiful bar and dining room...Our server was very attentive...will be back after a shopping spree on Lexington. ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/4/2014Good food and awesome ambience..ginger waiter was cocky and ruined what could have been a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Restaurant Week Dinner74thVIPDined on 8/4/2014Ou dinner was beyond rushed. Our unfinished appetizers were ripped away from us so the waiter could serve our main course. Although we asked them to slow down the pace we had the same experience with dessert. The food was mediocre at best and I will never return.Special Features:
- Great lunch, great serviceAslongasIamnotcookingDined on 8/4/2014Had lunch during Restaurant Week and the food and service was excellent. I love garlic on my steak and having roasted garlic on the plate sure was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid SteakhouseSNS1102ESQDined on 8/2/2014Went with two buddies for our ritual steak and scotch events and really enjoyed it. Staff was absolutely solid, from the hostess, to the bartender to our waitress, who was particularly great. Was helpful, polite and attentive but without being too obtrusive. The appetizers were a little on the smaller side for a steakhouse but I did like having sushi and sashimi options available. Octopus salad was excellent. I had the bone in Filet Mignon which was perfectly cooked medium rare (more to the rare side as I asked for) and tasted amazing. The sides (brussel sprouts with pancetta) were excellent but again on the smaller side. This isn't a trendy spot but its a great steakhouse with some new cool concepts baked in and a nice buzz to it.Special Features:
- Very goodmindypooVIPDined on 8/2/2014It's a good restaurant. Not great but very good. Fun to go with a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014Nice atmosphere, we sat upstairs, surprisingly not noisy given that there were many people around, service kind and attentive for the most part, good food, small portions (restaurant week portions).Special Features:
- Great AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014Went for dinner on a Friday night during NYC Summer Restaurant Week. By 7, the restaurant started to fill up and shortly after that, the lights dimmed, which made for lovely atmosphere. Service was excellent. As far as good, 2 of us ordered the salmon and one of us had the branzino. These dishes did not impress, but the popovers, mac and cheese and peanut butter bar for dessert all did. So, if I were to go back and I definitely would, I would be sure to order some of the heavier dishes on the menu (petit filet and truffle frites for example) as this is where the kitchen seems to excel.Special Features:
- amoreNYVIPDined on 8/1/2014The hostess at Arlington Club was welcoming. Our server was knowledgable and helpful, however slightly forgetful. We asked for olive oil, waited 10 minutes and had to ask again, although the restaurant was not too crowded. As for the cuisine, mediocre. Everything was extremely salty. I ordered the branzino, which was on a bed of vegetables with tomato sauce. The sauce was salty. The branzino had a fishy smell. We had cremed spinach for the table. Again salty. For desert I had lavender ice creme, which had way too much lavender in it. It should have been just a hint of lavender. Would I go again? Maybe but I would definitely ask them not to put any salt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good UES steakhouseLike2dineDined on 7/31/2014The food and service were excellent. Great fresh popovers before the meal. Was surprised it was not more crowded . Great find to have a decent steak place in the neighborhood.Special Features: