1032 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10021Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.arlingtonclubny.com/
- Phone: 2122495700x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am,
Brunch: Sat & Sun: 11:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Frank Cervantes
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu will be available for offsite catering.
- Private Party Facilities: For Special Events, we will offer our entire venue or our mezzanine for private parties which accommodates approximately 75 seated. We will also offer a semi-private dining area which accommodates approximately 25 seated surrounded by our vintage wine fridges in the main dining room.
- Private Party Contact: Cheryl Vasi 2123993097x
- Special Events: See Private Party Description
- Cross Street: 73 and 74
- Public Transit: M102 & M103 Bus stops directly in front of Restaurant.
Closest train is the 6 train (green line) at 77th Street Station
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street Parking: 1 hour metered parking from 10am - 7pm. Free street parking available after 7pm from Mon - Sat; all day Sunday.
Parking garage located on 73rd Street between 3rd Ave & Lexington Ave; closer to 3rd Avenue.
A word from Arlington Club
Arlington Club is a bi-level classic steakhouse located at 1032 Lexington Avenue between 73rd and 74th Streets in the Upper East Side neighborhood. This space was formerly the home of the Lenox Hill Republican Club in the 1920s, an ice-skating rink called Ice Studio from the 1970s to 90s.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Arlington Club reviews from OpenTable diners
273 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (109)special occasion (100)fit for foodies (75)good for groups (70)vibrant bar scene (61)great for lunch (56)hot spot (54)notable wine list (46)romantic (41)great for brunch (28)late-night find (19)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (1)Show More
- A Bad NightdisappointedVIPDined on 10/21/2014There were personnel problems - one waiter and several bus boys for 30+ diners. However the kitchen was also off with rare salmon arriving white and chalky. This ought to be a neighborhood gem but needs to be more regular and perhaps less of a scene. When friends or neighbors ask, what can I say? It is a very active bar scene, imported from their other restaurant. On the other hand the food is normally fine and it is a beautiful room. There is not much else to say, and if Open Tables requires five hundred word minimums, they are just asking for people sounding off at length. Let's leave that to the journalists. This plus the management of the web-site are beginning to turn many of us off.Special Features:
- Wonderful setting and great menu.hjd12VIPDined on 10/21/2014Love the chopped vegetable salad and the zucchini flowers are still a favorite...Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spot!Jamil07Dined on 10/19/2014Great atmosphere, good food and service! Good spot for groups or a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RemiVIPDined on 10/18/2014We really enjoy the ambience of this restaurant; it's very pretty. The lobster salad was delicious (although I couldn't find any kale), and my husband loved his filet minon steak. Had some trouble getting bread, but there were only a couple of waiters so I can understand the mixup.Special Features:
- Pretty badWillEricDined on 10/15/2014Maybe they just had an off night, but our experience was quite bad, and surprising given the restaurant's general high ratings. The salad was overly drenched with dressing and too salty. The first glass of wine had gone bad. Second glass was okay. Service was poor, probably because we sat on the second level, and there are probably a lot of logistics they haven't figured out yet for getting food promptly to the table. The french fries were lukewarm when first delivered. The steak was okay, but nothing like what you can get at Peter Lugar or the Strip. The dessert of coconut lime sorbet was good. And the popover bread was good.Special Features:
- No personalityNattyDined on 10/12/2014If you are just looking for good food, this is an ok place. Don't try to celebrate a special occasion because it was my anniversary and it was never acknowledged. No one cares, so don't bother as NYC has many better options. 1 star for the chef and 1 for the decor.
- What happened to Arlington?LETFoodieDined on 10/11/2014This used to be one of my UES favorites, having gone at least 5-6 times. I dined there last Saturday, and I couldn't believe what a terrible turn the food has taken. It was almost bizarre. The whole menu has been reworked (no more sushi, less emphasis on steaks, etc) and the quality of the food just isn't there anymore. We ordered a special kale salad, which was incredibly boring and something I could have prepared tastier myself, and the porter house for 2 which was hands down the worst porterhouse I've had in the City. Medium-rare was delivered medium-well and dried out. It was tastless steak and actually difficult to get down- frustrating given the $105 pricetag. It's unfortunate, but this place is no longer worth the visit. Save your $$Special Features:
- Great but pricy.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Very good food, service was friendly and warm but sparse. Waitress only visited the table to order food and drop off check. Had to wait forty minutes past my reservation. Very nice for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarbVIPDined on 10/8/2014Arlington's Pris fixe is outstanding. From the ambience to the food to the service- the restaurant delivers. I recommend Arlington Cafe highly.Special Features:
- RemiVIPDined on 10/4/2014Lovely atmosphere, delicious food, love their popovers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/2/2014Enjoyed good food good wine good service. Good but pricey.Special Features:
- Excellent food but very noisy!RunningpennyVIPDined on 10/1/2014Lovely restaurant with great service and staff, but so noisy we had to shout our conversation all night.for that reason I will only go back when I think it will not be full and will hopefully be quieter.
- Peaceful and yummy!vivostrowDined on 10/1/2014It is a lovely place to have a very private lunch a deux and have a festive party upstairs --the noise does not travel and the food was delicious. I would like to see more on the wine y the glass--ut other than that it was lovely!Special Features:
- Always GreatjarfmanVIPDined on 9/27/2014UES steakhouse better than the big names, perfect service and management handles a busy sat night like seasoned pros.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad bus boy service. Over pricedelizDined on 9/24/2014Firstly let me say our waiter was excellent. Most of the food was good but the creamed spinach was inedible. Clearly not fresh and terribly salty. The waiter recommended a glass of wine which was more expensive than any on the wine list and didn't mentioned the price until the wine had been tasted when he suggested it was a real bargain at $26 compared to other places. Throughout the meal busboys leaned and reached across our table and tried to clear the plates before everyone was finished. For the prices charged i would expect professional service. I would not go back.
- Pretty RoomCPWguyVIPDined on 9/22/2014Nice space, good food, good (but a bit slow) service make a nice evening. A bit pricey but the prix fixe is a great deal. I will be back often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jayworthVIPDined on 9/22/2014Overrated, overpriced, excessive noise, slow service, poor cuts of overpriced steak..why bother??
- Lunch time paradiseStephenVIPDined on 9/22/2014A lovely facility, good enough food at excellent prices. Quiet at lunch, service excellent. I'm told that dinner is much busier and more expensive. But perfect lunch resto.Special Features:
- Luv2eatVIPDined on 9/18/2014Delicious food! Great service for lunch they have a $25 special which you get a great value. Will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip this if you like good serviceAvidDinerNYCVIPDined on 9/15/2014The food is good, solid club fare. Nothing complicated, and always prepared with quality ingredients. The "wow" starter is a giant popover that is irresistible, even for the most carb adverse diner. The service however, consistently proves to be lackluster and was awful at a recent visit on Sept 15th. Our waiter was indifferent and when needed on several occasions, was chatting with colleagues in a corner. Our table of 4 ordered off the menu, no special requests, had cocktails, a $100 bottle of wine and were an easy going lot. Yet we all left that evening feeling the service detracted from our night. There are many other places to dine where you can be welcomed and served with a smile wanting for a repeat visit. We aren't running back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jbigdaddyDined on 9/14/2014Great brunch great service will definitely return want to try bbq sundays hope it remains thru fallSpecial Features:
- Ambiance AmazingViviDined on 9/13/2014Arlington not only has great food and service, it has an amazing ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RemiVIPDined on 9/11/2014Great food at a great price! Three courses, all delicious, love the popovers! Chicken payard is sometimes boring, but theirs was delicious and juicy.Special Features:
- OK - NOT AS GOOD AS IT USED TO BEElakshiVIPDined on 9/10/2014Our dinner was fine. The popovers were cold, the waiter didn't know much about the wine list and the food was a little bland (squash blossoms, black bass and branzino). However, the Brussels sprouts were excellent. A little disappointing given the prices and the recent rave reviews.
- RemiVIPDined on 9/10/2014We enjoyed the ambiance, but agreed that the earlier one goes the better. We dined at 7, and by the time we left, the place was rocking! The service was professional, the popovers delicious, the prix fix dinner at $38 for three courses was a real bargain. My crab cake was excellent, my filet tip delicious and perfectly cooked, and we all loved the peanut butter chocolate bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Derf MDDerfDined on 9/9/2014Waited 45 AFTER my reservation time. Eventually seated after spoke to manager. Menu has been reworked dramatically. NOT good. The skirt steak had been removed from the menu. All steaks come with fries, asked to substitute vegetables for fries. Was told there are NO substitutions at all. It seems that the prices have increased dramatically while portion size of the steaks have dwindled. There was over 30 between courses. The restaurant used to be a reliable option. Significant decline from what it was.Special Features:
- Delightful for lunchrandksDined on 9/9/2014Menu, service, and quiet combine to make lunch a delightful experience. I've enjoyed Arllington for dinner, which is lively and busy, but this was pleasanter.Special Features:
- VivsreviewsDined on 9/8/2014Food is consistently good. Charming and delightful waiter but slow service on this occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous EveningCapriDined on 9/6/2014Addictive popovers, incredible stuffed zucchini flowers, divine seared crab cakes, fab smoked gouda mac + cheese, spectacular steaks, all served in a beautiful setting with great background music and super service, we can't wait to return to the Arlington Club.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RemiVIPDined on 9/6/2014This was our first visit (brunch) to the Arlington Club. We had heard it was loud at night, crowded as well, so we waited awhile before trying it, and we went for brunch. We had a signature dish--popovers with poached eggs and a short rib. Very creative and delicious. The service was first-rate, and we were so pleased, we made a dinner reservation for this Wednesday (through Open Table) to see if we like the dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really GreatCockbdaDined on 9/5/2014Great food, lovely ambiance (I nearly feel asleep when the lights went down). Great staff with good service. If I got picky I would say the coffee needs work but this is the US after all. Again food sensational.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ArlingtonLuv2eatVIPDined on 9/3/2014Love the setting, food was great, service was great. Will be coming back for sure!! Another neighbor goodie!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu change!GoodchoiceVIPDined on 9/1/2014Have eaten here several times......Went the other night and the menu changed..... Some favorite items were either gone or changed. What happened to the lamb chops, steak tartare, pickles, the zucchini blossoms had eggplant in them????? Everything was over salted as well!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Good selections on menu . Very eclectic with good foodSpecial Features:
- Expensive but worth itnativenewyorkerDined on 8/30/2014It was better than I hoped or expected. It was my birthday dinner, so I wanted it to be nice, and it was great. From the giant popovers to start, to the delicious dessert, and including the very expensive but big and delicious rib-eye, it was a wonderful dinner. And the service was polite, helpful and not intrusive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunchnewyorker10021VIPDined on 8/30/2014Brunch and lunch are quiet times. At brunch, stick with basic egg dishes, pancakes, huevos rancheros., Menu has lunch dishes, too, including salads, hamburgers, etc.Special Features:
- Always a Great SteakPickyNYCFoodieDined on 8/29/2014Always great food at Arlington from the bread to the steak to the dessert! Was a bit dead due to the holiday weekend, but was great service and a lower noise level. They closed a bit early (11PM), but I don't really blame them! Will surely return.Special Features:
- 82muchVIPDined on 8/24/2014Certainly a steakhouse with style and panache--sides, appetizers, presentation are all more original than traditional steakhouses. Unfortunately the strip steak itself was disappointing. Although excellent flavor, the beef was chewier and stringier than it should have been. All things considered, though, I am willing to give it another chanceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and nice ambianceClaudiussonDined on 8/20/2014Food and ambience were both great. Service could have been a little better. some of the appetizer were already finished at 9 pm and at 10:30 they did not have any sugar for my coffee!! unacceptable for a $130 dinner.Special Features:
- Awesome ArlingtonLuv2eatVIPDined on 8/20/2014Delicious food ,great atmosphere , loved the energy in the resturant service was great. Can't wait to go back for another amazing meal. Two thumbs up for the Arlington!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.