1032 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10021Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.arlingtonclubny.com/
- Phone: (212) 249-5700
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am,
Brunch: Sat & Sun: 11:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Frank Cervantes
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu will be available for offsite catering.
- Private Party Facilities: For Special Events, we will offer our entire venue or our mezzanine for private parties which accommodates approximately 75 seated. We will also offer a semi-private dining area which accommodates approximately 25 seated surrounded by our vintage wine fridges in the main dining room.
- Private Party Contact: Cheryl Vasi 2123993097x
- Special Events: See Private Party Description
- Cross Street: 73 and 74
- Public Transit: M102 & M103 Bus stops directly in front of Restaurant.
Closest train is the 6 train (green line) at 77th Street Station
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street Parking: 1 hour metered parking from 10am - 7pm. Free street parking available after 7pm from Mon - Sat; all day Sunday.
Parking garage located on 73rd Street between 3rd Ave & Lexington Ave; closer to 3rd Avenue.
A word from Arlington Club
Arlington Club is a bi-level classic steakhouse located at 1032 Lexington Avenue between 73rd and 74th Streets in the Upper East Side neighborhood. This space was formerly the home of the Lenox Hill Republican Club in the 1920s, an ice-skating rink called Ice Studio from the 1970s to 90s.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Arlington Club reviews from OpenTable diners
278 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (125)special occasion (93)fit for foodies (83)good for groups (81)vibrant bar scene (67)hot spot (63)great for lunch (52)notable wine list (51)romantic (34)great for brunch (28)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (8)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great food! Terrific service!moorea11Dined on 11/22/2014We returned to the Arlington Club with my in-laws who are 89 and 94. They both had the filet mignon and my wife and I had the salmon. the food was well prepared and nicely served. We will return again. the only disappointment is that when we made the reservation there was a pris fixe menu on the web site and it was discontinued before we arrived. It added about $100.00 to the price of the mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Premium pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/22/2014Ambience was terrific, as was the service. And the wine list was extensive. My issue, however, is that the portions were small, and the prices were high. I ordered a fillet mignon, which my 21 year old son would have eaten in 2-3 bites. That's a problem. Food was good, just not exceptional. My wife ordered salmon. Her reaction was the same.Special Features:
- Great for mid-week date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/17/2014Came on a Monday night. Restaurant was peaceful but busy. Great cocktail list. Attentive service and very good food. We had octopus, house potato side dish, and fish. All well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff not properly trained or surprivised.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/13/2014Picked up completed entrees before all diners finished eating. All five men at the table ordered coffee and espresso. Waiter put check on the table before we even were served the coffee. Very unprofessonal.
- ConsistencyLawrenceofLongBeachVIPDined on 11/12/2014I love a great steakhouse that's consistent and very good. This place has some of the best cooked steak in the City and some other great food. I have been here over 5 times now and it has never disappointed. I am a fan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Old SchoolJimMeskiVIPDined on 11/12/2014Housed in the old Payard space, which was itself a neighborhood grande dame, Arlington Club feels like it's been there all along, even though it is now only about 2 years old. The food is comforting and familiar, even if done in a way that feels new. The steak, the menu's hub, is all delicious and cooked to the perfect temperature requested (I like my filet mignon rare... they actually do it rare), simple salt and pepper and oil prep. If you want sauces, you get them on the side. But if steak isn't your thing, there are other things to choose from (though the Dover Sole is not as good as it is at the old school Italian places in the same neighborhood). I've been several times, and I'll keep coming back. Oh, did I mention the great bar?Special Features:
- the duckOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/11/2014very nice staff..diversified menu..ambiance is upbeat..really listened to comments made on OpenTable reservation..good for all ages...Special Features:
- Great Food but noisy and rushedfoodiemikeDined on 11/9/2014While the food was served hot and perfectly prepared the service was rushed and the noise level uncomfortable. I would not recommend this restaurant for a quiet evening out but if you want a great steak and mac n cheese to die for then go! The Cheese popovers are awesome also! Oh- our server was terrific!Special Features:
- Great foodNYC1235VIPDined on 11/8/2014Went with a group of 6 and besides getting seated late, everything was excellent.Special Features:
- VivsreviewsVivsreviewsDined on 11/6/2014Overall, as in keeping with past experience, the dinner was good. However, it could have turned catastrophic since a piece of sharp plastic was imbedded in the vanilla ice cream dessert. Manager apologized and explained it resulted from scooping the edges of the container. He just took the charge for the dessert off the bill. Made it seem as though it was no big deal. Very disappointed in the attitude, I could have been in the emergency room down the street....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Beautiful UES Grownup, at LastfoodluvrVIPDined on 11/3/2014The evolution of this wonderful spot has been wonderful for the neighborhood. The heady early days following its opening, it was a scene, but not fun for dining. We were seated immediately and enjoyed a perfectly-prepared dinner, after making difficult choices from too many menu items that looked wonderful. Service was polite and attentive. All in all, the AC has grown up beautifully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. SLOW SLOW ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/2/2014Been there 4 times which speaks to quality of the food. Be prepared to wait a LONG time for your food once you orderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Difficult dinersPopeyDined on 11/1/2014Our dining experience was marred by people on the next table who repeatedly sent their food back. The maitre d' was extraordinarily patient and did his best to respond to their complaints about steak being overdone, cold and finally they decided they weren't hungry after all. It was dreadful behaviour. Our food was excellent. The popovers were amazing! A fun evening and we would definitely return.... and hope for easier neighbours!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014The service and atmosphere were excellent but the food was a great disappointment to all four of us. The fish tasted frozen and the spare rib lazagna was almost inedible.
- Going downJoenextVIPDined on 11/1/2014Used to be a great place. My last meal was horrible, had to return my steak 3 times and then cancel it. Basically every item we ordered tasted bad! The manager did not care as he just started managing. I don't recommend it!!!!
- Perfect brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014We came here for brunch for my husband's birthday with our two sons. I had requested a booth which we had. The food was perfect and the menu was exactly what we were looking for. The waiter was very helpful and the food was served on a timely fashion. The place was busy but not noisy and we were able to have nice conversations with no crazy background noise. We loved the setting and decoration of the restaurant. I highly recommand this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood SpotLuv2DineDined on 10/30/2014The staff is friendly and accommodating. Great atmosphere for groups. The bar area is lively. The noise level tends to get high in the lower dining room. The food was good, but pricey for the quality. Decent local steakhouse if you don't want to travel downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RemiVIPDined on 10/30/2014This is our second time to Arlington Club for dinner, and we arrived at 7:15. The bar area was mobbed. We were led upstairs to a table in a corner. The server came by once to deliver the food, once to deliver the wine, and we never saw him again. I think the food here is good, not great, but for anyone older than 30, the noise can be daunting. We'll limit our visits to this restaurant to lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TitiVIPDined on 10/28/2014This was not my first time to the Arlington Club. The food was very good. This time I sat at a table in the bar area and the service was not as good as the dining room. Seemed liked maybe they needed a little more staff to serve dinner in this area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/26/2014Food is delicious, service is perfect, I would definitely come back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined at the bar..OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/25/2014The bartender was rude and provided poor service. Not why you pay premium prices.
- Lovely place to get togetherFoodieVIPDined on 10/25/2014Good food, service and wine. Lively atmosphere. Second time we have been here, and this was even better.Special Features:
- Stellar !!!MisterP79Dined on 10/24/2014Everything was amazing !! The complementary Chedder Popovers are basically the equivalent to Crack ! Classic American Steakhouse With a creative modern twist that dosent seem like they are "trying "to be edgy. Porter House for 2 was perfection and the specialty cocktail menu is smart and well crafted. I Love The Arlington Club. Oh and on a side note ,the crowd was extremely attractive .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, terrible servicefinedinerVIPDined on 10/22/2014I've been to AC before and always enjoyed it. This experience was disappointing. Although the restaurant was only 2/3 full because of rain, it was impossible to get a waiter's attention. Long, long delay before salad was served, apparently sitting in kitchen. Equally long delays before entrees served and not all side dishes were brought out with dinner. When french fries finally arrived, they were cold. Tried to order more wine but waiter was MIA. By the time someone finally came by, we were almost finished with our dinner. Black bass was fresh but slightly underseasoned, creamed spinach ok - not creamy, mushrooms were nice and woodsy, my companion enjoyed her branzino. Tomato/stilton salad was enjoyable.Special Features:
- A Bad NightdisappointedVIPDined on 10/21/2014There were personnel problems - one waiter and several bus boys for 30+ diners. However the kitchen was also off with rare salmon arriving white and chalky. This ought to be a neighborhood gem but needs to be more regular and perhaps less of a scene. When friends or neighbors ask, what can I say? It is a very active bar scene, imported from their other restaurant. On the other hand the food is normally fine and it is a beautiful room. There is not much else to say, and if Open Tables requires five hundred word minimums, they are just asking for people sounding off at length. Let's leave that to the journalists. This plus the management of the web-site are beginning to turn many of us off.Special Features:
- Wonderful setting and great menu.hjd12VIPDined on 10/21/2014Love the chopped vegetable salad and the zucchini flowers are still a favorite...Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spot!Jamil07Dined on 10/19/2014Great atmosphere, good food and service! Good spot for groups or a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RemiVIPDined on 10/18/2014We really enjoy the ambience of this restaurant; it's very pretty. The lobster salad was delicious (although I couldn't find any kale), and my husband loved his filet minon steak. Had some trouble getting bread, but there were only a couple of waiters so I can understand the mixup.Special Features:
- Pretty badWillEricDined on 10/15/2014Maybe they just had an off night, but our experience was quite bad, and surprising given the restaurant's general high ratings. The salad was overly drenched with dressing and too salty. The first glass of wine had gone bad. Second glass was okay. Service was poor, probably because we sat on the second level, and there are probably a lot of logistics they haven't figured out yet for getting food promptly to the table. The french fries were lukewarm when first delivered. The steak was okay, but nothing like what you can get at Peter Lugar or the Strip. The dessert of coconut lime sorbet was good. And the popover bread was good.Special Features:
- No personalityNattyDined on 10/12/2014If you are just looking for good food, this is an ok place. Don't try to celebrate a special occasion because it was my anniversary and it was never acknowledged. No one cares, so don't bother as NYC has many better options. 1 star for the chef and 1 for the decor.
- What happened to Arlington?LETFoodieDined on 10/11/2014This used to be one of my UES favorites, having gone at least 5-6 times. I dined there last Saturday, and I couldn't believe what a terrible turn the food has taken. It was almost bizarre. The whole menu has been reworked (no more sushi, less emphasis on steaks, etc) and the quality of the food just isn't there anymore. We ordered a special kale salad, which was incredibly boring and something I could have prepared tastier myself, and the porter house for 2 which was hands down the worst porterhouse I've had in the City. Medium-rare was delivered medium-well and dried out. It was tastless steak and actually difficult to get down- frustrating given the $105 pricetag. It's unfortunate, but this place is no longer worth the visit. Save your $$Special Features:
- Great but pricy.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Very good food, service was friendly and warm but sparse. Waitress only visited the table to order food and drop off check. Had to wait forty minutes past my reservation. Very nice for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarbVIPDined on 10/8/2014Arlington's Pris fixe is outstanding. From the ambience to the food to the service- the restaurant delivers. I recommend Arlington Cafe highly.Special Features:
- RemiVIPDined on 10/4/2014Lovely atmosphere, delicious food, love their popovers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/2/2014Enjoyed good food good wine good service. Good but pricey.Special Features:
- Excellent food but very noisy!RunningpennyVIPDined on 10/1/2014Lovely restaurant with great service and staff, but so noisy we had to shout our conversation all night.for that reason I will only go back when I think it will not be full and will hopefully be quieter.
- Enjoyed this historic placeVeggieHeavenVIPDined on 10/1/2014Their famous pop-overs were delicious and a meal in themselves! The food was delicious. The waiter seemed not to hear my friend but followed my requests readily and quickly. The atmosphere was spacious and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peaceful and yummy!vivostrowDined on 10/1/2014It is a lovely place to have a very private lunch a deux and have a festive party upstairs --the noise does not travel and the food was delicious. I would like to see more on the wine y the glass--ut other than that it was lovely!Special Features:
- Always GreatjarfmanVIPDined on 9/27/2014UES steakhouse better than the big names, perfect service and management handles a busy sat night like seasoned pros.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad bus boy service. Over pricedelizDined on 9/24/2014Firstly let me say our waiter was excellent. Most of the food was good but the creamed spinach was inedible. Clearly not fresh and terribly salty. The waiter recommended a glass of wine which was more expensive than any on the wine list and didn't mentioned the price until the wine had been tasted when he suggested it was a real bargain at $26 compared to other places. Throughout the meal busboys leaned and reached across our table and tried to clear the plates before everyone was finished. For the prices charged i would expect professional service. I would not go back.