Arisu Japanese Restaurant
167 Route 9 South
Englishtown, NJ 07726Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Arisu Japanese Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.arisunj.com/
- Phone: 7325367874
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30 AM - 3:00 PM.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM, 5:00 PM - 10:30 PM, Sunday: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Yoshi & Fuji
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please check our online menu.
A word from Arisu Japanese Restaurant
Arisu offers an elegant and relaxing atmosphere for you to enjoy fresh, contemporary Japanese fare. As its name suggests, Arisu, which translates to "great river," blends tranquility and beauty in every detail--from the soothing tones of a towering, bronze waterfall to the sparkling pebble-stone accents. This same attention to detail is reflected in its sushi, sashimi, and original special rolls, which combine spice, flavor, and texture to create an exciting experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Arisu Japanese Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
great for lunch (1)Show More
- Nice to have in the neighborhoodMichelinStarHunterVIPDined on 8/19/2014The lunch special of rolls and nigiri are awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for SushiwineanddineVIPDined on 8/14/2013Food probaly 3 1/2 to 4 stars; good lunch specials for under 10 dollars. Produce and fish seemed fresh and very tasty, although Miso soup was saltier than I like. I would recommend them to friends and family, and would return for another meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place and food but IOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/5/2012Great place and food but I seen people leave because servants been unavailable for 20 minutes after people set down, due to overcrowding.Special Features:
- Decent, local asian food withEmmasMomDined on 7/7/2012Decent, local asian food with a great ambience. BYOB with a convenient liquor store next door keeps the cheque reasonable. Good for a close-by low key dining experienceSpecial Features:
- The prices are quite expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/31/2012The prices are quite expensive and the sushi menu is limited. But, the sushi they do have is great, fish is fresh, sashimi is thinly sliced as delicious. The place itself is beautiful, and the wait staff is friendly, but quite inattentive. Not totally worth the $60 for two price tag, but it's the best place to eat sushi in the freehold region.Special Features:
- Calamari and other appetizersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2011Calamari and other appetizers were not that good, sushi was amazingSpecial Features:
- Was somewhat dissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/1/2011Was somewhat dissapointed with the food (Arisu roll, Mango-Tango roll and Seafood Yaki Udon) which was pleasing to the eye but lackluster in taste. Especially surprising considering the owner and chef were previously of Kobe in Holmdel, NJ, in which every dish I had experienced (at least 12 dinners over two years) was always fresh and deliciously prepared. We dined on a Thursday evening at 6:30 p.m. during which the restaurant was not overwhelmingly busy as we were the second table seated. By the time we left there were 8 or so tables seated. The experience should have been excellent.
- We were looking for a placeDrGaellonVIPDined on 8/18/2011We were looking for a place en route back to NYC from Six Flags Great Adventure, and Arisu filled the bill. The sushi was perfectly fresh, the udon perfectly springy and the tempura perfectly crispy.
- great food, beautiful restaurantLuluVIPDined on 7/29/2011Beautiful restaurant, good food, but not a lot of customersSpecial Features:
- Very nice setting, thoughtfullyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/19/2011Very nice setting, thoughtfully decorated. Very friendly wait staff. Website does not mention BYOB, so do so. Definetly will go back.Special Features:
- We were greeted when we arrivedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/10/2011We were greeted when we arrived and seated right away. The ambiance was very nice with high ceilings and the air-conditioning was great. There was classical music playing in the background, not our taste. The waiter was terrific! He was super friendly, helped us with the menu items that had no descriptions, and made suggestions. The gyoza soup had a very nice smoky taste and the dumplings were great. We ordered 3 special sushi rolls and 2 regular. The sushi was super fresh. And after we were finished, the waiter brought us a sweet fruit dessert of melons. We will definitely go back. If you like sushi, definitely feel free to try this place. Bon Apetit!Special Features: