224 South 1300 East
Salt Lake City, UT 84102Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aristosslc.com/
- Phone: (801) 581-0888
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday 11am - 9pm
Thursday - Saturday 11am - 10pm
Sunday 4pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Executive Chef: Aristides Boutsikakis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Let Aristo's cater your next event; offering everything from party trays to full service dining up to 400 people.
- Private Party Facilities: Aristo's can accommodate groups of 20 - 130 for private functions. Please contact management for further information.
- Private Party Contact: Aristo 8015810888x
- Cross Street: 200 South and 300 South
- Public Transit: UTA Trax University station is located one block east of the restaurant.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: While there are parking stalls on 1300 East available for use, limited parking is also available behind the restaurant. Wells Fargo will tow your car, so be sure not to park there!
A word from Aristo's
Authentic gourmet Greek dining in a fine casual environment. Come in and dine on mezedakia (appetizers) or enjoy one of many great selections from the menu. The majority of the dishes are made from family recipes while others take a modern Greek twist. Aristo's mother, Ekaterini, makes all of the homemade confections. Enjoy the largest selection of Greek wines in the state.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Aristo's - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Aristo's reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (33)fit for foodies (32)great for outdoor dining (30)special occasion (24)good for groups (17)romantic (14)great for lunch (13)late-night find (6)hot spot (5)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent on all frontskjsssabDined on 11/9/2014This was my first time to Aristo's as I was told about it through a friend. Very clean and fresh. Nice and quiet. Service was very good. The food was off the chart! I will recommend this place to all my friends.Special Features:
- Greek TreasureFoodJunkie59Dined on 11/7/2014The food was traditional Greek fare with a modern spin. The menu hits all the right spots at a very good price point. The portions were perfect and the staff were brilliant. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as usualsheff511Dined on 10/28/2014We received typically quick, attentive service and the food was up to its usual high standards. We will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TapasSkifanDined on 10/27/2014Great selection of tapas. Easy to make a whole meal of tapas hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aristos Oct 27 2014Oct272014Dined on 10/27/2014Server explained menu extremely well. Unusual, for Salt Lake City, items on the menu. Excellent octopus dish. This is definitely a Salt Lake City gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SelectionscazdrawDined on 10/25/2014Everyone at our table ordered something different. We were all wowed by the by the quality and presentation of our dinners. We all thought this was a great place for dinner and plan to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the lunch service!MsNatsDined on 10/21/2014A small group met for our 14th wedding anniversary. The service was exemplary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ENjoyed the varietyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Options, options and more options on dishes and combining choices. Great approach to introducing dishes.Special Features:
- Excellent GreekLVRobVIPDined on 10/9/2014Aristo's is a real neighborhood gem. We had some of the best and unique and contemporary Greek food. Sure there are the traditional favorites, too. Aristo's is definitely worth going out of the way to dine. It's near the University of Utah and I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/29/2014Our meal there was very good especially the lamb ribs. We had many of the small plates and enjoyed everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable deliciousnessCarolVIPDined on 9/22/2014I dined outside with two girlfriends the other night at Aristo's. We were taking advantage of the lovely fall weather. We shared a number of small plates- Greek salad, trio of spreads, zucchini chips, moussaka and meat skewers. Everything was so good- and plenty of food for the 3 of us! We've been there several time and always enjoy it, but it was extra-special this time because our waiter was so great. He was very knowledgeable about all the offerings, attentive without being annoying, and just generally very friendly and interested in our having a great experience-- which we did! I'm not 100% sure of his name, but think I recall "Taylor" on his name tag.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Food Could Be BetterSLCFoodie1Dined on 9/19/2014Aristo's sets high expectations, but the food is just so-so. We ordered a number of dishes recommended by our server and found most of them to be overcooked (and mushy) or undercooked (our potatoes were raw in the middle). Flavors were not as vibrant as I would have expected. The server was nice and apologetic and was kind enough to remove the potatoes from our bill. He said the kitchen was "slammed" but the restaurant was not full. Aristo's has a great outdoor patio and the staff is friendly. For a restaurant that claims to be in the "Top 100 Greek Restaurants" in the country, the food simply doesn't live up to the expectation.Special Features:
- Came 4 anniversary, will come againTheEssenceOfEtropyDined on 9/13/2014The servers here were very considerate of my date and I. We were able to be seated promptly and was given a great spot. Our waiter kept my water filled which in itself is quite a task given how fast I drink. The food was absolutely delicious and every item we had we never had before; it was a great experience to try something new. My date especially loved the lamb, and the kafteri is hands-down my favorite pita dip. The meze plates were small but the meal was still quite satiating; quality over quantity. We got to enjoy the taste of the food rather than just horking down loads of semi-flavored eatings. I loved how desserts were presented, absolutely ingenious! Not on the menu, but at the end we got to see and select them from a small plateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgot Birthday...lovetodine3Dined on 9/10/2014Went to Aristo's, party of four for lunch. My chicken kabob was a little dry and they forgot it was my friend's Birthday, that was a big disappointment. I wrote on the reservation it was Lizzy's Birthday.......how can they forget that?Special Features:
- MediocrelishDined on 9/2/2014When we got there we had to wait to be seated. The staff wasn't friendly. We had to wait 5 min for our server to even greet us. We ordered our food as soon as she came. We once again found ourselves waiting for our water. The ONLY thing that made up for the lack of service was the fact that the food was delicious and came out quickly. I am a waitress myself and I know if can be busy at times, but we weren't the only table with an issue. All of the tables in our section had to hunt down or wait for the waitress to bring silverware. The waitress brought our check and we never saw her again. Luckily I paid with cash so we could leave. Hopefully the staff doesn't ruin it for this yummy little restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and quality foodBestGreekeverDined on 9/1/2014The food is always amazing. My favorite is the lamb shank and the kotopoulo. Every person that I have brought to this restaurant has always been amazed. Out sever, Hannah, was friendly, on point, and she didn't rush us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek GemJim1VIPDined on 8/29/2014This dining experience is probably one of the best ones we've had in Salt Lake City. The Greek food was authentic, creative and outstanding. Aristo, the owner visits just about all of the diners with welcoming and authentic conversation. There's nothing phony.Special Features:
- In a word, Excellent!dinerdevoDined on 8/28/2014My family and guests had an enjoyable time visiting over dinner. The food was very good and the surroundings very nice and clean. All of which added to a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing dinner at Aristo'sWillieDined on 8/27/2014Server was nice, but had very little knowledge about the wines. Overall the food was mediocre. The best dish was the Taramosalata, very good. The Roka salad was also very good. The server overestimated how much we could eat and as a result to over ordered. The Gyro meats, lamb and chicken were dry. The lemon rice had very little flavor and the octopus was like eating rubber. Aristo's has received very high marks and that is why we chose to dine there. Perhaps it was an off night in the kitchen. They need to do a much better job of training their servers. This is a management issue and the server cannot take the full blame for lack of knowledge. Next time in Salt Lake City we will skip Aristo's.
- Always enjoyablesmpjrkVIPDined on 8/15/2014Aristo's never disappoints. Great Greek food combined with Mediterranean hospitalitySpecial Features:
- Aristo's went down hillserenaDined on 8/9/2014The food had no flavor and my chicken was raw. The server didn't apologize, but after waiting 25 minutes for my cooked bland chicken I was given a complimentary baklava, which I can't eat due to celiacs. The server was sparse and barely talked. There were flies swarming around and it was pretty distracting. The Greek salad with chicken that I usually get had huge clunky pieces of cucumber and was swimming in dressing. The past two times I've been it was amazing. Very disappointing and I won't be back any time soon. I noticed a lot of other people waiting to order and swatting flies as well.
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014The service was poor. Our waitress was not very attentive and gave us attitude. The service was also very slow. The food was good but based on service alone I will not be back.
- When going to an event...IMtheBWDDined on 8/9/2014Just a fabulous place to dine, especially when going to going to an event at Kingsbury Hall. Food was excellent, service superb.Special Features:
- The following 339 reviews are from the Aristo's reviews archive.
- Great food, service not so great.irisheyesDined on 7/26/2014my friend tonight arrived on time for our reservation, but after we were seated no 1 came to say hello or take a drink order for 25 minutes. We finally had to flag down someone to get some help. The food was amazingly good but 12 dollars For one octopus tentacle was beyond pricey, even though it was prepared to perfection. The spanakopita was delicious and the lemon phyllo dessert was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portion controlJojoDined on 7/26/2014On one hand the presentation is above average; if you're hungry you may find the portions wanting. Little aside: not a fan of restaurants with one bathroom. Code may say it's ok, but this place is too large for it and I finally gave up when whomever was in there decided to make a nestSpecial Features:
- very balancedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/25/2014Aristo's is a wonderful place for a summer evening dinner. Great food and a relaxed pace makes it a go to place in SLC.Special Features:
- Best Greek and one of the bestJimKVIPDined on 7/23/2014We have eaten in restaurants around the world and many throughout the US including 5-6 Five Star and several Michelin 3 Star...this is the best Greek restaurant we have enjoyed and one of the best of all restaurants. Fun menu with lots of options (besides lamb) in all areas. Fine dinning but fun options. Excellent service and very nice facility. Sidewalk tables.Special Features:
- Great Greek in Salt LakeJbyrne37Dined on 7/6/2014We were in town for one night and wanted a nice sit down dinner with outdoor dining. I found Aristos online and noticed they had been on Food Network. We drove up and liked the look of the place so we decided to try it. Very happy we did, the waitress was attentive, helpful and very nice. The front patio provided a great place to eat in the shade and people watch while we ate. The food was amazing. We started with three different dips and the Kafteri was crazy good. I had the Myzithra Pasta, although I would have liked more Myzithra the past was flavorful and fresh. My wife had the greek salad and my kids had the lamb chops and the "gyro flight", which was three small gyros. We all shared and everybody was very happy with their food.Special Features:
- Good food poor service poor layoutMoboDined on 6/27/2014Good reviews online but they were deceptive. Food was very good but the service was horrible. Low spots include: table with air con vent blowing right on us. Asked 4 times to have it turned off. Order handled by 2 different waitpersons and of course it got messed up. Appetizers arrived missing one. Main course food arrived cold and with no plates and no clean silver. Double charged item on bill (the appetizer that we had to request twice). Servers seemed inexperienced and overworked. Not coming back.
- Fantastic food, but pricey.SboogieDined on 6/18/2014My husband and I were in town for a visit and so we did some research on local food spots. Aristo came up as an option, and since we love Greek food, we thought we'd give it a shot. Overall, we loved our dining experience! Our waiter was attentive and very friendly. The food was superb! From the calamari and dolmathes as starters to the Greek salad and lamb tacos as mains. The *only* negative thing about our experience was that for the price you are paying (which is above average), the quantity of food is quite small. And I'm not sure id say Aristo is fine dining either (this would make more sense) given how casually the patrons were dressed. Nonetheless, if you don't mind splurging a little, it's worth checking out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A taste of Greece in Salt Lake CityHauteCuisineVIPDined on 6/18/2014Aristo doesn't incredible job of making each guest feel like a VIP. The variety of small plates, Mezethes, allow the guest to sample a variety of excellent Greek dishes. Live Greek music and outdoor dining on Thursday nights during the summer should not be missed. As a native-born Greek, I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real Greek FoodlimarantoDined on 6/10/2014This is probably the only restaurant in UT that serves authentic Greek food. The menu was delightful and the service was great. Guests can enjoy Tapas (small plates) or entree size plates. The atmosphere is vibrant, clean, and bright. This restaurant is a top choice and great find!Special Features:
- Love aristo's!AndiVIPDined on 5/30/2014It can get a bit loud inside, but this is probably the best Greek food you will find in Salt Lake. And dining out on the patio is lovely on a summer eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maria GustafsonMiagusDined on 5/25/2014Simply put it is the best Greek food I have ever had.Special Features:
- Good Greek!ChantelBrennaDined on 5/22/2014I love Greek food, but have yet to find a really great sit-down Greek place in Salt Lake. Aristo's is just that. Really great food, a beautiful porch to sit and eat on, and just generally really nice. They have a lot of different price points for menu items, which was nice, but everything on the menu that my groups got was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED THE FOODFOODIE4EVERDined on 5/21/2014This was our first time to Aristos and we will go back. The 4 of us ordered appetizers and small plates to share. All of the food was very good. If you like trying new things, this is the way to go. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable, but it took us 20 minutes to get our drinks and close to an hour for the food to arrive. It was hot, so it had not been sitting. We also had quite a wait for dessert and paying the check. We were nearly 2 hours from seating to signing the ticket. We will try it again, but will have to make sure we have enough time to allow for the slow service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Greek foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Decided to try Aristo's for Mother's Day. It was delicious. We will be going back in the near future. I come from a Greek family and years of great Greek cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time eaterOctoDined on 5/9/2014We wanted to try something new, that usually ends up in a disappointing experience but not this time. The food was fantastic, the service was great and the drinks were plenty. The octopus was the best but everything else I would have again. There was so much to choose from and everything sounded good. I will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- excellent foodsteveDined on 5/7/2014The food here is terrific. The barbecued lamb ribs were spectacular. Service also excellent - quick and courteous. Can be done quickly or linger if you like.Special Features:
- Aristo'sMissTDined on 4/26/2014Nice ambiance. Fantastic service. We ordered the dip sampler (hummus, tzaziki, and melizanosalata) which also came with olives and pita, for the small plates, we ordered Moussaka (eggplant), Oxtapodi (octopus), Mithia Ouzo (mussels), and the Kolokithakia (zucchini). They were all good, but by far the best of these was the Mithia Ouzo - the mussels are tender and sweet and the sauce is outstanding. And the Moussaka is amazing. I will order both of these again. Had the Kokkinisto (lamb shank) for the entree; not what I expected. Flavor was on but I expect 'fall off the bone' tenderness from a shank. Somewhat disappointed in the entree. Overall, a nice place, I look forward to returning to sample some more dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.