Arigato Japanese Steakhouse - Tampa
14330 North Dale Mabry Hwy
Tampa, FL 33618Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Arigato Japanese Steakhouse - Tampa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dinearigato.com/
- Phone: 813-960-5050
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Japanese
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Early Bird Menu served 7 days a week.
First Hour we are open, you can save up to 25% off some of your favorite Entrees. Prices start at $9.99
A word from Arigato Japanese Steakhouse - Tampa
Enjoy a new experience in Japanese dining surrounded by Oriental Splendor. Our chef"s are part magician, part craftsman, part entertainer. He will turn steak, lobster, shrimp, and chicken into gourmet's delight. Teppanyaki cooking is an art form which uses a 600 degree grill. Arigato uses only the freshest fruits and vegetables which are prepared daily. The preparation of your food takes place right in front of your eyes. Choose from a wide selection of Oriental gourmet dishes with six courses (includes main entree, soups, salad, mushrooms, onions, zucchini, broccoli, snow peas and fried rice.) Saki, plum wine, chop sticks and ceramic figurine containers for specialty drinks are all authentic touches that you will find at Arigato. After a meal at our Japanese Steakhouse you will say "Arigato", Japanese for Thank You!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Arigato Japanese Steakhouse - Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great place to take kidsDeeDeeDined on 5/16/2014Took my 9 year old niece and 4year old nephew with me. Plenty of food and the kids loved the joint pond and fish tanks and especially the chef's presentation. So glad they reopened this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sen2007VIPDined on 4/30/2014This was a birthday celebration -pre-theater with a classical Indian dance recital to follow at the Straz. We were seated in a timely manner and the food w/chef was great - my fave shrimp flambe was superb as ever -and the tangy yum yum sauce added the ta-da zing. We are old time Carrollwood folk and this is our go-to place for special occasions. Our hostess was gracious -and gave us a surprise birthday discount- a sweet relish for quite a savory occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I couldn't make the reservationDaisyDined on 3/11/2014I couldn't make the reservation with Arigatos directly - I'll start using Open Table from now on!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleArtieDined on 2/14/2014First of all, our reservation was for 9:30 and we weren't sat till 10:30. People without reservations were coming in and getting sat before us because they had more people. Then our chef didn't get to our table till 11:30. The food was good and we actually had a great time with the people we sat with. I hadn't been to Arigato's in 10 years and used to really love it. The hosting staff(mainly young man) did a terrible job trying to appease us. When asked, what is going on? They just kept saying, "We will be seating you soon." Well, not soon enough. If it wasn't for the fact that we were starving and knew how hard it would be to get into another restaurant, We would have left. We were truly let down.
- not the besthotrodDined on 2/14/2014I had reservation made and did not get a table till one hour later. After I got to my table , I had to wait for 1 1/2 hour for the chef to start cooking for our table. Food was ok. I expected more from this restaurant. I would return, but not for any special occasion that I try to plan.Special Features:
- Worst Experience I have ever had.JG44Dined on 2/14/2014Went with my date and despite having reservations we didn't get seated until an hour after the reserved time. It took another 30 minutes before we ever got our soup and salad. We were told "the chef would be out any minute now." Finally after not getting a drink refill, and having waited an hour and a half after having reservations we asked to speak to a manager. Another 5-10 minutes passed and nobody in site we walked up to the bar,(to pay our tab for a drink we purchased while waiting to be seated) and that even became a choir. Holding my card in my hand the bartender made eye contact and spoke, then he turned and walked away. I waited another 2-4 min just to watch him walk to the back. I left cash on the bar and walked out.Special Features:
- Good food, good serviceTPAcoupleDined on 2/14/2014Very friendly staff, typical Menu, fun hibachi chefSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2Rushed2RushedDined on 2/14/2014I realize it was Valentine's Day however, it was get-them-in get-them-out the service was too rushed and in turning over tables too. Food was more assembly lines everything cooked one way which was steak very well done and the chicken was burnt. I would not recommend because there are too many other Hibachi restaurants available with better food quality and dining atmosphere.
- Family restaurantTsafikiiDined on 2/6/2014I see this as a Japanese restaurant fit for families and introducing kids to this type of cooking. Not impressed and restaurant has not taken the time to update their GPS location. Several people including us were lost and arrived late. Staff is nice but need a shot of enthusiasm.Special Features:
- So enjoyed the great shrimpsen2007VIPDined on 1/5/2014So enjoyed the great shrimp flambe at our neighborhood favorite here in Carrollwood. Service is always great - a tad quiet on a Sunday night - but the yum yum and goody goody still rock - and it was a hearty end to our holiday season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!LovedinningDined on 12/31/2013Wanted to have a nice new year eve dinner. We had a wonderful and entertaining experience . The chef was very entertaining and fun watching Your food get cooked. The meat and vegetables were amazing! The noodles and rice were not too flavorful. The host was very friendly. However server not too attentive and wanted a long time for drink refills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Show Time!AnonymousDined on 12/31/2013The food was good and the portions were enough for lunch the next day. But, as always, the show by the grill-master was entertaining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Christmas ExperienceJoeLDined on 12/25/2013Was celebrating Christmas and Annniversay on same day and Arigato's make it great.Special Features:
- Fun nightreneeb222Dined on 12/17/2013We went out (party of 10) and had great food and great conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeatingWeddingAnniversaryDined on 11/15/2013Took my wife out for our 16yr Wedding Anniversary. Need to sit less people at each table we were shoulder to shoulder.I love being close to my wife but not the guy sitting next to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Birthay at ArigatoLizetDined on 10/11/2013"I love this place to spend time with family or friends.. I definitely would return again.the Bibb lettuce salad was refreshing. The food was really good. Everyone loved the flat iron steak. Service was friendly,Special Features:
- Great end to the Labor Daysen2007VIPDined on 9/2/2013Great end to the Labor Day weekend. It was quiet this last Moniday evening- but the food, service and mood great -as always!Special Features:
- Arigato has been our "specialsen2007VIPDined on 8/18/2013Arigato has been our "special occasion" choice for awhile. This new location though close by, has a decor update that is somewhat impersonal -almost clinical. However the crowds make up for it- the food is really good- shrimp flambe is my favorite- while my husband picks the emperor combos- the chefs are entertaining and enthusiastic. We were home after being away for a year- and this was great for celebrating a quiet homecoming. Love the sauces -yum yum and goody goody- always!Special Features:
- Good Hibachigator06Dined on 8/17/2013Arigato was a decent hibachi restaurant. Our chef was a little sub par but not the normal for there by any means. Great for a group to have fun together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticTrixieDined on 7/27/2013The whole experience from the wait time to the service was fantastic. The food was awesome and the chef was very entertaining! It was a wonderful dining experience. Thank you,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingdldbnzDined on 5/16/2013Service was phenomenal, chef was very entertaining, but the food left a lot to be desired...the filet was butter tender...scallops were large sea scallops, very good as well...the problem was that it was not very well seasoned...Kobe's is much better.
- Good Stuff!ChristyDined on 5/10/2013Excellent food, fun watching preperation and exceptionally good service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair but disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Disappointed with quantity of food provided compared to the direct competitor. Ambiance appeared cheap. The cook left out certain parts of the meal and show.
- Made reservations..didn't help muchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2013My pregnant wife and I decided to go out to dinner for Valentines day, and to make sure we could get a seat on a busy night, we made reservations. We even made them off peak (8:30pm), to be sure that my wife wouldn't have to wait to get food (pregnant women need to eat VERY regularly). We arrived on time, only to be told that they were running late, and would have to wait 20-30 minutes. All they offered us was an half-hearted apology and directed us towards the bar where we could order appetizers. I was very disappointed. Fortunately the rest of the staff were great, the bartender got us our appetizer quickly, and once we were finally seated, everything went well.Special Features:
- Fun NightDelightfulDined on 2/14/2013Dinner was great! Always fun watching them cook in front of you.Special Features:
- Good but could be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/18/2013The chicken, shrimp and filet was fantastic. The fried rice taste cheap, the salad dressing tasted like onion and garlic. The soup tasted like onions it was not like a Japanese soup. The chef we had was fantastic.Special Features:
- The food is consistently good,GdFoodGdWineDined on 11/2/2012The food is consistently good, but they appeared short staffed. While ice tea and water was refilled, no one asked if anyone wanted another drink after the initial order.Special Features:
- noise level was super fine. theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2012noise level was super fine. the ambiance was kind of dreary compared to Kobe but i liked the bridge with the fish! the waiters forgot our drinks once and the scallops were forgotten as well. but it was all resolved well!Special Features:
- hibachi experienceShaunTVIPDined on 8/9/2012I wasn't too satisfied with the quality of the food. Too much oil/butter made the food soggy Too much salt tooSpecial Features:
- Good service, Fun AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2012I booked a reservation and arrived on time. We were seated within 5 minutes of arrival. As always, our chef was entertaining and engaging. I've dined at Arigato many times in the past, and the food is always consistent. They serve a light onion soup with a few mushrooms floating in the broth, a crisp salad with a flavorful dressing. All meals are also served with fried rice and vegatables. I had the Shrimp Flambe. My date had the Salmon and added steak on the side. All was cooked just right. We had a cold sake as well - it was very tasty.Special Features:
- It was good... good food,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/7/2012It was good... good food, good service, no wait, can be betterSpecial Features:
- This time was better thanJessiBDined on 6/29/2012This time was better than our first visit. We started with a flight of sake (a tasting of several), which I recommend. Our teppen chef was fun and interactive. I was afraid my seafood would be overcooked again, but this time it was done perfectly. Melt in your mouth shrimp and lobster. They cook for the masses, who are usually afraid of under-cooked seafood, so just mention to the chef that you would like your seafood just barely cooked all the way through and it comes out perfect! Last time I did not, and it was like chewing rubber. We'll be back!Special Features:
- The woman that was takingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/10/2012The woman that was taking the drink orders was hustling trying to cover everything... around 45 minutes after seating she was nearly our chef. The food was good but they just didn't have the service together.
- Chefs are awesome!!! FullOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/2/2012Chefs are awesome!!! Full of energy and make the dining experience very fun!!!Special Features:
- Arigato is always a fun spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/15/2012Arigato is always a fun spot to go with a small group, or for a special occasion. The chefs usually put on a great show (although ours seemed to be rushing through it this time). My only real negative comment is that even with reservations, you will most likely be waiting for your table. Plan on a drink at the bar!Special Features:
- Poor service. It's a cattleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/24/2012Poor service. It's a cattle call! No drink list at the bar. I asked what kind of beer they have and was told all the usual ones.
- Okay, but not great.JessiBDined on 3/23/2012Traditional hibachi style restaurant. Which is my partner's favorite way to dine. I was hoping they had more on the menu than JUST hibachi (maybe some sushi or dumpling appetizers, etc), but the only other offering was fried - tempura. The chef was very entertaining and the food was delicious. Veggies were crunchy and the yakisoba noodles were yummy. The steak was perfect, but the shrimp were a bit overcooked and the lobster would have been as well if I hadn't asked him to take it off the grill. It was still a teeny bit chewy. Overall, a good experience, but a standard chain restaurant.Special Features:
- Need better servers. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2012Need better servers. The entire table had to wait for drinks until I asked a bus boy to get the manager for me. The server was very unprofessional. The N Dale Mabry location better get their act together. Very disappointed.
- Festive!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/21/2012Arigato is more than just a restaurant, we spent a great time having good food and a magic show!Special Features:
- pros Family friendly forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/14/2012pros Family friendly for the kids Good for big parties Cons Canned experience/nothing new here Noisy and crowded Too smokey, food gets in your clothesSpecial Features: