Ariccia Italian Trattoria & Bar
241 South College Street
Auburn, AL 36830Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Ariccia Italian Trattoria & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.auhcc.com/ariccia
- Phone: 3348445140x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:30pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 5:30pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Fernando Cruz
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let our culinary team and excellent service staff cater your next function from intimate dinners to large receptions. We will take every measure to customize any aspect of your menu. Our talented and creative chefs will prepare an impressive and high quality menu that will surprise and delight each and every of your guests. Whether your event requires simple refreshments, or everything from tables and linen for an elegant affair, let our service professionals create a memorable experience.
- Entertainment: Live Jazz music every Friday and Saturday nights in Piccolo Lounge. Please call for times during holiday hours.
- Special Events: Sunday Brunch 10:30am-3:00pm
Monday, $5 Margaritas, Mojitos, Martinis
Tuesday Night Pasta Bar, Unlimited Pasta for $15.95 - 5:30-9:00pm
Wine Wednesday, 1/2 price select bottles of wine - 5:00-9:00pm
Craft Beer Thursday, $3 Draft Craft Beer 4:00-10:00pm
A word from Ariccia Italian Trattoria & Bar
Ariccia is Auburn’s home for fresh, rustic Italian cuisine. From homemade pastas and hearth-baked pizzas, to sizzling steaks and grill-fired fish, our chef-prepared dishes use regional ingredients served at the peak of flavor and freshness. Add in a great wine list and signature cocktails, and Ariccia is always the place to go. Our large open kitchen invites you into an exciting culinary world. The cozy fireside lounge or bar are great places to relax after work with a delicious drink and appetizer from the Bar Menu. Or catch up with friends and enjoy beautiful weather with al fresco dining on the open-air patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ariccia Italian Trattoria & Bar - Best Restaurants in Auburn ›
Ariccia Italian Trattoria & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (13)great for brunch (12)special occasion (12)good for groups (11)romantic (10)great for outdoor dining (7)fit for foodies (7)neighborhood gem (6)vibrant bar scene (4)notable wine list (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Food was very much over priced. For the amount charged, we really expected something a lot finer. However, our service was excellent!Special Features:
- Best in the áreaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/7/2014Best italian restaurant in the area. Highly recommended if you want to experience true southern hospitality and great food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/3/2014Great ambience and food. Service was very attentive and friendly. Had the oysters!!!!sooo goood!!Special Features:
- Always Wonderful!foodie22Dined on 8/2/2014I visited Ariccia a handful of times during my time at Auburn, and every time I've eaten here it has been a delight. Everything on the menu that I've tried tastes amazing, and the servers really know what they're doing. Jeffery in particular does a great job of taking care of his tables and ensuring that you have a special night. The wine list is very expansive and I was surprised at how extensive the beer list is for a classic Italian restaurant. I highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We were in for Auburn Graduation with a party of 13. Have stayed at hotel and eaten at Ariccia many times. Have had many very enjoyable meals and stays. The reservation process and hostess process was outstanding. Our party of 13 was seated at 7:05, served drinks at 7:20 and salads at 7:30. OUr dinner was served at 8:30. Every dinner was cold and my scallops were under cooked. The meals were not served together and so many at the table were left watching others eat. I know it was a busy night at the hotel, but it was a very special night for us and it was disappointing and expensive. Expensive and outstanding is one thing but expensive and disappointing is another. We have had so much better at the hotel.Special Features:
- Tuesday Night Pasta Bar is to die 4Luv2eatDined on 7/22/2014First visit was on a Tuesday night when the pasta bar was out! It was so amazing all the veggies and meats you could think of to top a pasta of your choice what could be better!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night with FriendsSusanDined on 7/22/2014Great atmosphere to make a special occasion even better with friends. Food and service were wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still strugglingYummfoodyVIPDined on 7/22/2014Every time it's the same,service is a disaster. I know they hire inexpensive college labor and pretend it's part of the hotel and restaurant mgt program at the university but they needto teach &train them. It took forever to get a drink had bread but no water. They didn't notice the 3menus/place settings and only 2people at table &tried to take our orders. We had to explain someone was coming but we would like cocktails while we waited. The waitress promised to bring back some oil&vinegar and never did. After we finished dinner another server brought us salad. I gave the waitress my cc to pay,she left for over 10m came back to ask if we needed anything-said my card back. She said I didn't give it back? Then left and "oh I ran it already."
- lovetoeatDined on 6/10/2014We love going to the pasta bar. It is always delicious and the restaurant is beautiful. Our waiter, Bret, was excellent. He explained how the pasta bar worked. He was very patient and personable. He was quick to refill our drinks. The hostess was very nice and efficient too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 183 reviews are from the Ariccia Italian Trattoria & Bar reviews archive.
- Great for couplesCatt73Dined on 5/10/2014I'm so happy. We have eaten here several times for brunch, lunch and dinner. The breakfast is the best meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable!eabbradyDined on 5/4/2014We had a group celebrating our son's graduation, and because of flight delays, had to make several last minute postponements, and the staff went out of their way to accommodate our changes, even on a sold-out weekend. Weather was warm, so we ate outside on their patio for a delightful evening. Our waiter was most attentive and knowledgeable, recommending wines with our courses. Food was fabulous! Restaurant was crowded, but courses were precisely timed. Had such an enjoyable time, we went back a 2nd night--with similar experience. Just have to rave about this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Price and quality of food not matchBummedDined on 5/3/2014In a nutshell - a bit pricey for what you get. Overcooked seafood was the big disapiment. And food was served near cold. Salads where not crisp and fresh . Calari was horrible - made in an overly thick batter and served cold and stale. We spent $245 for a patty of 5 and had wished i had gone to olive garden instead for half that.Special Features:
- Delicious Easter brunchblunc83Dined on 4/20/2014A great variety of food, from breakfast to sushi for an expansive Easter brunch. Everything was very good, and the layout was such that there was little wait, even with a packed restaurant.Special Features:
- Consistently good!ALocalResidentDined on 4/7/2014I'd like to see a more clearly written menu, and a few more wallet-friendly wines. Otherwise, they're doing everything right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/6/2014Great food and service ***** love the fig pizza and fettucciniSpecial Features:
- UnderwhelmingCiceroDined on 3/13/2014The cannelloni with rabbit was gummy, the pasta over cooked and the amount of rabbit overwhelming. I'd never have ordered if I'd realized it would be served in a cast iron skillet. It seemed more enchilada than pasta; the crispy prosciutto was superfluous.Special Features:
- A Wonderful Surprise!augradmomDined on 3/7/2014We Were A Little Nervous When We Saw Rabbit Ravioli However It Was Delicious. Friendly Staff Too! Enjoyable Experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always eat here when visitingCck415Dined on 3/1/2014We always eat here when visiting Auburn! We love it! We love the hotel too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatCatt73Dined on 3/1/2014Happy with service. Fig pear pizza was amazing. The peach cobbler was home run. My husbands pasta was great. He got chocolate mousse. It was very frozen but he liked it. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced hotel restaurant01Mar14Dined on 2/28/201418 years local and have previously enjoyed this hotel - chose my daughters wedding/reception here. Unfortunately, I think Arricia is bound to price their menu in line with hotel price point goals vice the local market competition. Less than a mile away is Amsterdam's, The Acre, and Hamilton's which have better food and are better priced. Arricia has huge potential.... but the food is just "good", the wine bottles are overpriced by a factor of 3 compare to retail purchase (along with low WS scored by glass selection) while the other restaurants mentioned have much better food/wine and are reasonably priced. As a local, I will likely not return and will definitely NOT recommend Ariccia unless they improve the food/wine selection and pricing
- Great FoodSlickDined on 2/21/2014Food was excellent. Some of the best Italian in the area. Service by our waitress was excellent also. However, the head chef came to visit every table after their meals except for ours. He definitely saw us because he made eye contact. He definitely put a sour taste in our mouth after an otherwise great evening.Special Features:
- Auburn's Resteraunt Scene's HeroAaronkb88Dined on 2/21/2014Being a residence of Auburn, AL now for 7 years the resteraunt scene has become dull. The owners and chefs have changed and food has begun to taste as cheap as the places get it for. It seemed as if all hope was lost for Auburn and Opelika was the only hope. But Aaricia came in to save the day! My wife and I went with only a hope and they delivered! The atmospher was romantic yet inviting and calming. The service was timly, friendly, knowledgable of the the food, and good looking. The food must have been prepared by the hands of Olympian gods in the kitchen because it was incredible. I highly recommend this resteraunt to anyone and let it save your (dinner) day here in Auburn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went not knowing it wasWendyVIPDined on 2/18/2014We went not knowing it was "Tues. Nite Pasta Bar" night, and we're very happily surprised. The choices @ the pasta bar were limitless, and the price for unlimited pasta bar, salad, and bread was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First, I tried to write thisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014First, I tried to write this on the private note, not for a review but your format would not allow it (too many characters). Here is what I wrote: We made reservations early but were put at a less desirable spot near the entrance. It was uncomfortably cold (the front door to the hotel was wide open in the coldest winter in years). No server appeared for a full 15 minutes. Our server was never to appear; we were served by a very nice young lady who actually had responsibilities at other tables. I had cioppino with raw potato and a piece of broken shell in the broth. We had to ask for utensils. Disappointing.
- Valentine's Day DinnerCoopieDined on 2/14/2014This was our 2nd visit and we were even more pleased! Great food! Great service! Beautiful restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband booked this forShadowDined on 2/14/2014My husband booked this for Valentine's Day. The concept was great, with roses for the ladies, and a dessert and coffee bar, but the long wait for our food was very disappointing. We watched one family wait so long that they had their food packed to go--very sad experience. I not only didn't enjoy myself, but I felt badly for them as well. I have mixed reviews about the food. My husband had the filet, and it was excellent. I had a seafood dish that was just ok. The atmosphere was nice, but overall, it was a very disappointing experience.Special Features:
- Will absolutely be backBCS10Dined on 1/31/2014Known about the Ariccia for a while now and just recently tried it for the first time. Excellent atmosphere, service was great, dinner was fantastic. Desert and Appetizer touch pricy considering their size, both were little more than a single bite, however it was a very good single bite. Being a family on a budget, Ariccia is not the kind of place we can frequent, but it is certainly on our list of places we will return to. Oh, and HIGHLY recommend Piccolo. Live jazz (Friday and Saturday, I think), laid back and very comfortable place. Only bar in Auburn you can actually sit and carry on a conversation at normal volume. Piccolo, is going to be a monthly night out for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best dinner I've had.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/24/2013It was Christmas Eve. The service wasn't that great, and the food wasn't the best either. I have heard good things about breakfast and the Tuesday night pasta bar, but on this night, I wasn't impressed. I will choose other restaurants in the area for dinner. The best thing about it was the atmosphere. Very modern and clean looking. Also, the Conference Center usually caters good dinners, so not sure why this was so bad. Probably just a combination of poor service and uninspiring food.Special Features:
- Auburn Fine DiningAUtotheboneDined on 12/24/2013We were at Ariccia's special Christmas Eve dinner, which was prix fixe and was advertised as being duck confit, but was changed without explanation to short ribs. The lobster bisque was quite good, as was the service, and the dessert that came with the meal was exemplary. This is as close as Auburn gets to fine dining and aside from being overpriced for a meal involving short ribs, it was a pleasant experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Pasta Bar!ChrisLoveDined on 12/17/2013Restaurant of Choice for Tuesday Nights! Be sure to make reservations. Thanks Arricia!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta Night!M0535Dined on 12/10/2013I went on a Tuesday which is pasta night. All of the chefs were friendly and great to watch, and the all you can eat pasta was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Brunchmbh4auDined on 11/3/2013I took my friend there for her birthday. The food has obviously been sitting for awhile. The pancake I got from the breakfast bar was like a piece of card board. I was very disappointed considering how much I paid!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta BarOscarandDonnaDined on 10/29/2013This recent dining experience was not our usual dining experience for Aricia's. The pasta was cooked too much or it was prepared too soon (dry and matted). The sauce was not the usual well flavored prep and the marinara was extremely thin. Service was average. My wife and I were celebrating our Anniversary at one of our favorite venues. We were disappointed
- Best in the areaEnjoys1fine1diningDined on 10/13/2013Ariccia is one if the very best restaurants in the area. The service is excellent, food is always delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu confusingGregDined on 8/16/2013The food was ok but the menu was very confusing. There was no description of what you were eating. Items like "Lamb with potatoes", "chicken with greens and starch". What does that mean? Is it grilled, fried, baked, on the bone etc? When we asked the server really didn't know exactly what we were getting.
- Excellent meal in an environmentTimMVIPDined on 8/10/2013Excellent meal in an environment that fits casual to more formal setting...great for visitors to Auburn with a central location, easy parking. Menu options are great with a full spectrum to provide for anyone. Seating options may include outdoor, upscale indoor, bar and lounge. Great location, central to visitors to Auburn in the Hotel at Auburn University with easy parking and access.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great servicecuisinecruiserDined on 8/10/2013On the night of my wife and I's dining experience we were celebrating the anniversary dinner we never got have this past year. I am usually reluctant to go to fancy restaurants because I feel overwhelmed and like they are rushing only trying to make a dollar. But this might was proved to be different. Our waitress Adrian I believe was her name was wonderful. She seemed happy to be there which is not a normal occurrence these days. She recommended the best dishes and was always quick for service. She was by far the best server my wife and I have ever encountered and made our dining experience that much better. It is always good to have happy employees that are willing to serve the customer with a smile on their face and joy in their heart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ariccia is Awesome!!2GalsAnd2GuysDined on 7/27/2013"I love the relaxed feel of Ariccia - like a comfortable and inviting dining room you would find in a boutique hotel. The dishes were beyond excellent! We started with the Calamari and wanted MORE! I tried the Pappardelle (which had oxtails)... COOKED TO PERFECTION! I wanted to kiss the chef, LITERALLY!!! The rest of the party had the Beef as well as the Grouper and every dish was superb! Our server (Cooper) was well-timed, friendly and knowledgeable about the menu selections we chose (we even took pics with him because we shared the name "Cooper" in common... he didn't mind one bit). Overall, we would HIGHLY recommend this place and we plan on going back for their Tuesday Pasta Bar Night. So do yourself a favor and give Ariccia a try! "Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- let downfooderDined on 7/26/2013pork looked great but was dry and over cooked, pasta dish ordered was not what was expected due to the vague 4 word dish descriptions. Pasta was nothing special and was not eaten. The meal was not put on the bill but I would have thought a manger would have stopped by, drinks and food came very slowly and we pobably got the worst table in the place. it was a big let down for a 5th anniversary dinner. will not be going back
- Weekly visit / special occassionAnniversarySpecialDined on 7/16/2013Ariccia is a multi purpose restaurant at the AU hotel that excels in providing good food and great service at a reasonable price. We made reservations via OpenTable for a birthday party group and they immediately seated us, provided appropriate staffing and friendly service. Turns out we were there on Tuesday night which is Pasta Bar night and all decided to try the Pasta Bar. Great salads start the meal then jump in line and pick exactly what you want - choices of meats, veggies, pastas and sauces - and it's all you can eat! Definitely enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.