Ariccia Italian Trattoria & Bar
241 South College Street
Auburn, AL 36830Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Ariccia Italian Trattoria & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.auhcc.com/ariccia
- Phone: (334) 844-5140
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:30pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 5:30pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Fernando Cruz
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let our culinary team and excellent service staff cater your next function from intimate dinners to large receptions. We will take every measure to customize any aspect of your menu. Our talented and creative chefs will prepare an impressive and high quality menu that will surprise and delight each and every of your guests. Whether your event requires simple refreshments, or everything from tables and linen for an elegant affair, let our service professionals create a memorable experience.
- Entertainment: Live Jazz music every Friday and Saturday nights in Piccolo Lounge. Please call for times during holiday hours.
- Special Events: Sunday Brunch 10:30am-3:00pm
Monday, $5 Margaritas, Mojitos, Martinis
Tuesday Night Pasta Bar, Unlimited Pasta for $15.95 - 5:30-9:00pm
Wine Wednesday, 1/2 price select bottles of wine - 5:00-9:00pm
Craft Beer Thursday, $3 Draft Craft Beer 4:00-10:00pm
A word from Ariccia Italian Trattoria & Bar
Ariccia is Auburn’s home for fresh, rustic Italian cuisine. From homemade pastas and hearth-baked pizzas, to sizzling steaks and grill-fired fish, our chef-prepared dishes use regional ingredients served at the peak of flavor and freshness. Add in a great wine list and signature cocktails, and Ariccia is always the place to go. Our large open kitchen invites you into an exciting culinary world. The cozy fireside lounge or bar are great places to relax after work with a delicious drink and appetizer from the Bar Menu. Or catch up with friends and enjoy beautiful weather with al fresco dining on the open-air patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ariccia Italian Trattoria & Bar - Best Restaurants in Auburn ›
Ariccia Italian Trattoria & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (21)fit for foodies (17)great for brunch (16)good for groups (16)romantic (14)great for lunch (13)neighborhood gem (10)great for outdoor dining (9)notable wine list (9)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Poor serviceDisappointedDined on 11/21/2014The charcuterie tray was good for sharing as well as the corn pizza. The pickled vegetables on the tray need some work. I had the arricia salad. Unfortunately the vinegrette was horribly overpowering with excessive garlic. The chicken looked very unappetizing and small, the pork while pleasantly smoky tasted a bit like dry ham, and the pasta bolognese was subpar. The worst of it however, was our absentee server. We had to ask for her three times and after twenty minutes of requests a manager came and took our orders. Our waitress did not apologize nor were any adjustments offered. As a matter of fact, she didn't even ask if we wanted to order dessert. I guess we waited so long for her to take or entree order that they didn't have time before closing to serve us dessert. We enjoyed our evening inspire of it, but not as good as it used to be. Go to Acre, or drive to Opelika and eat there.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/18/2014A very nice place to dine and socialize when visiting Auburn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Sunday brunchTastygalDined on 11/2/2014A close girlfriend and I chose Arricia for a Sunday brunch outing. We split the filet salad and them split the pear preserves and goat cheese pizza, which both were so amazing! Great environment but slow service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Perfect SettingRWW0630Dined on 10/24/2014I met family and friends at Ariccia to kick-off my weekend in Auburn. The restaurant was very accomodating for our medium size group. We found the menu to have a variety of dishes that would satisfy all of our preferences; fish, beef, pasta, etc. A couple in the party had the salmon, a few had the swordfish, and the rest of us had the rib-eye steak. All of us were very satisfied with the quality of the food, the preparation, and the taste. Not to be overlooked was the outstanding level of service provided by all of the staff; very attentive without being overbearing. I recommend Ariccia as one of the better dining options in Auburn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and atmosphereWarEagle04Dined on 10/21/2014The buffet for lunch is always amazing. I love to eat, so I enjoyed the salad offerings, cream of chicken soup, and the various entrees. The beef was tasty, but the fish was better. The dessert options are wonderful, and on this occasion I indulged in a slice of chocolate cake. Their coffee is also well done (not bitter).Special Features:
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014good food and good service (Sean). Bartender made me a custom cocktail that was delicious. Very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Great experienceMccacsDined on 10/9/2014Everything was great. The food, the ambience, the servers, and the servers was top notch! Would come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So, SoNANDJDined on 10/2/2014Service started fast then got real slow. Server was very nice but seemed distracted. Food was above average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice BrunchFreshmanparentDined on 9/28/2014Parents' Weekend Sunday brunch spot. We expected a buffet, it turned out to be menu items, but very fairly priced. Wife had French Toast, son had chicken and waffles (how could anyone eat all that? !!) and I had an omelet. Crispy bacon on the side for all. Make sure you plan to be there after 12 noon if you want a mimosa or bloody mary, that's when they start serving. Omelet was a little dry, but other than that, food was good, service was much better than average and we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Food was very much over priced. For the amount charged, we really expected something a lot finer. However, our service was excellent!Special Features:
- Best in the áreaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/7/2014Best italian restaurant in the area. Highly recommended if you want to experience true southern hospitality and great food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/3/2014Great ambience and food. Service was very attentive and friendly. Had the oysters!!!!sooo goood!!Special Features:
- Always Wonderful!foodie22Dined on 8/2/2014I visited Ariccia a handful of times during my time at Auburn, and every time I've eaten here it has been a delight. Everything on the menu that I've tried tastes amazing, and the servers really know what they're doing. Jeffery in particular does a great job of taking care of his tables and ensuring that you have a special night. The wine list is very expansive and I was surprised at how extensive the beer list is for a classic Italian restaurant. I highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We were in for Auburn Graduation with a party of 13. Have stayed at hotel and eaten at Ariccia many times. Have had many very enjoyable meals and stays. The reservation process and hostess process was outstanding. Our party of 13 was seated at 7:05, served drinks at 7:20 and salads at 7:30. OUr dinner was served at 8:30. Every dinner was cold and my scallops were under cooked. The meals were not served together and so many at the table were left watching others eat. I know it was a busy night at the hotel, but it was a very special night for us and it was disappointing and expensive. Expensive and outstanding is one thing but expensive and disappointing is another. We have had so much better at the hotel.Special Features:
- The following 187 reviews are from the Ariccia Italian Trattoria & Bar reviews archive.
- Tuesday Night Pasta Bar is to die 4Luv2eatDined on 7/22/2014First visit was on a Tuesday night when the pasta bar was out! It was so amazing all the veggies and meats you could think of to top a pasta of your choice what could be better!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night with FriendsSusanDined on 7/22/2014Great atmosphere to make a special occasion even better with friends. Food and service were wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still strugglingYummfoodyVIPDined on 7/22/2014Every time it's the same,service is a disaster. I know they hire inexpensive college labor and pretend it's part of the hotel and restaurant mgt program at the university but they needto teach &train them. It took forever to get a drink had bread but no water. They didn't notice the 3menus/place settings and only 2people at table &tried to take our orders. We had to explain someone was coming but we would like cocktails while we waited. The waitress promised to bring back some oil&vinegar and never did. After we finished dinner another server brought us salad. I gave the waitress my cc to pay,she left for over 10m came back to ask if we needed anything-said my card back. She said I didn't give it back? Then left and "oh I ran it already."
- lovetoeatDined on 6/10/2014We love going to the pasta bar. It is always delicious and the restaurant is beautiful. Our waiter, Bret, was excellent. He explained how the pasta bar worked. He was very patient and personable. He was quick to refill our drinks. The hostess was very nice and efficient too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for couplesCatt73Dined on 5/10/2014I'm so happy. We have eaten here several times for brunch, lunch and dinner. The breakfast is the best meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable!eabbradyDined on 5/4/2014We had a group celebrating our son's graduation, and because of flight delays, had to make several last minute postponements, and the staff went out of their way to accommodate our changes, even on a sold-out weekend. Weather was warm, so we ate outside on their patio for a delightful evening. Our waiter was most attentive and knowledgeable, recommending wines with our courses. Food was fabulous! Restaurant was crowded, but courses were precisely timed. Had such an enjoyable time, we went back a 2nd night--with similar experience. Just have to rave about this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Price and quality of food not matchBummedDined on 5/3/2014In a nutshell - a bit pricey for what you get. Overcooked seafood was the big disapiment. And food was served near cold. Salads where not crisp and fresh . Calari was horrible - made in an overly thick batter and served cold and stale. We spent $245 for a patty of 5 and had wished i had gone to olive garden instead for half that.Special Features:
- Delicious Easter brunchblunc83Dined on 4/20/2014A great variety of food, from breakfast to sushi for an expansive Easter brunch. Everything was very good, and the layout was such that there was little wait, even with a packed restaurant.Special Features:
- Consistently good!ALocalResidentDined on 4/7/2014I'd like to see a more clearly written menu, and a few more wallet-friendly wines. Otherwise, they're doing everything right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/6/2014Great food and service ***** love the fig pizza and fettucciniSpecial Features:
- UnderwhelmingCiceroDined on 3/13/2014The cannelloni with rabbit was gummy, the pasta over cooked and the amount of rabbit overwhelming. I'd never have ordered if I'd realized it would be served in a cast iron skillet. It seemed more enchilada than pasta; the crispy prosciutto was superfluous.Special Features:
- A Wonderful Surprise!augradmomDined on 3/7/2014We Were A Little Nervous When We Saw Rabbit Ravioli However It Was Delicious. Friendly Staff Too! Enjoyable Experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always eat here when visitingCck415Dined on 3/1/2014We always eat here when visiting Auburn! We love it! We love the hotel too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatCatt73Dined on 3/1/2014Happy with service. Fig pear pizza was amazing. The peach cobbler was home run. My husbands pasta was great. He got chocolate mousse. It was very frozen but he liked it. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced hotel restaurant01Mar14VIPDined on 2/28/201418 years local and have previously enjoyed this hotel - chose my daughters wedding/reception here. Unfortunately, I think Arricia is bound to price their menu in line with hotel price point goals vice the local market competition. Less than a mile away is Amsterdam's, The Acre, and Hamilton's which have better food and are better priced. Arricia has huge potential.... but the food is just "good", the wine bottles are overpriced by a factor of 3 compare to retail purchase (along with low WS scored by glass selection) while the other restaurants mentioned have much better food/wine and are reasonably priced. As a local, I will likely not return and will definitely NOT recommend Ariccia unless they improve the food/wine selection and pricing
- Great FoodSlickDined on 2/21/2014Food was excellent. Some of the best Italian in the area. Service by our waitress was excellent also. However, the head chef came to visit every table after their meals except for ours. He definitely saw us because he made eye contact. He definitely put a sour taste in our mouth after an otherwise great evening.Special Features:
- Auburn's Resteraunt Scene's HeroAaronkb88Dined on 2/21/2014Being a residence of Auburn, AL now for 7 years the resteraunt scene has become dull. The owners and chefs have changed and food has begun to taste as cheap as the places get it for. It seemed as if all hope was lost for Auburn and Opelika was the only hope. But Aaricia came in to save the day! My wife and I went with only a hope and they delivered! The atmospher was romantic yet inviting and calming. The service was timly, friendly, knowledgable of the the food, and good looking. The food must have been prepared by the hands of Olympian gods in the kitchen because it was incredible. I highly recommend this resteraunt to anyone and let it save your (dinner) day here in Auburn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went not knowing it wasWendyVIPDined on 2/18/2014We went not knowing it was "Tues. Nite Pasta Bar" night, and we're very happily surprised. The choices @ the pasta bar were limitless, and the price for unlimited pasta bar, salad, and bread was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First, I tried to write thisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014First, I tried to write this on the private note, not for a review but your format would not allow it (too many characters). Here is what I wrote: We made reservations early but were put at a less desirable spot near the entrance. It was uncomfortably cold (the front door to the hotel was wide open in the coldest winter in years). No server appeared for a full 15 minutes. Our server was never to appear; we were served by a very nice young lady who actually had responsibilities at other tables. I had cioppino with raw potato and a piece of broken shell in the broth. We had to ask for utensils. Disappointing.
- Valentine's Day DinnerCoopieDined on 2/14/2014This was our 2nd visit and we were even more pleased! Great food! Great service! Beautiful restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband booked this forShadowDined on 2/14/2014My husband booked this for Valentine's Day. The concept was great, with roses for the ladies, and a dessert and coffee bar, but the long wait for our food was very disappointing. We watched one family wait so long that they had their food packed to go--very sad experience. I not only didn't enjoy myself, but I felt badly for them as well. I have mixed reviews about the food. My husband had the filet, and it was excellent. I had a seafood dish that was just ok. The atmosphere was nice, but overall, it was a very disappointing experience.Special Features:
- Will absolutely be backBCS10Dined on 1/31/2014Known about the Ariccia for a while now and just recently tried it for the first time. Excellent atmosphere, service was great, dinner was fantastic. Desert and Appetizer touch pricy considering their size, both were little more than a single bite, however it was a very good single bite. Being a family on a budget, Ariccia is not the kind of place we can frequent, but it is certainly on our list of places we will return to. Oh, and HIGHLY recommend Piccolo. Live jazz (Friday and Saturday, I think), laid back and very comfortable place. Only bar in Auburn you can actually sit and carry on a conversation at normal volume. Piccolo, is going to be a monthly night out for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best dinner I've had.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/24/2013It was Christmas Eve. The service wasn't that great, and the food wasn't the best either. I have heard good things about breakfast and the Tuesday night pasta bar, but on this night, I wasn't impressed. I will choose other restaurants in the area for dinner. The best thing about it was the atmosphere. Very modern and clean looking. Also, the Conference Center usually caters good dinners, so not sure why this was so bad. Probably just a combination of poor service and uninspiring food.Special Features:
- Auburn Fine DiningAUtotheboneDined on 12/24/2013We were at Ariccia's special Christmas Eve dinner, which was prix fixe and was advertised as being duck confit, but was changed without explanation to short ribs. The lobster bisque was quite good, as was the service, and the dessert that came with the meal was exemplary. This is as close as Auburn gets to fine dining and aside from being overpriced for a meal involving short ribs, it was a pleasant experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Pasta Bar!ChrisLoveDined on 12/17/2013Restaurant of Choice for Tuesday Nights! Be sure to make reservations. Thanks Arricia!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta Night!M0535Dined on 12/10/2013I went on a Tuesday which is pasta night. All of the chefs were friendly and great to watch, and the all you can eat pasta was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.