1304 NW Galveston Ave
Bend, OR 97701Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://arianarestaurantbend.com/
- Phone: 5413305539
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: T-Sa 5:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Andres Fernandez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
A word from Ariana
Ariana is housed in a cozy craftsman bungalow on the Westside of Bend. Taste Chef Andres and Ariana’s fresh perspectives on classic dishes. An extensive wine list highlights selections from Oregon and Washington and signature cocktails make use of distinctive spirits and liqueurs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ariana - Best Restaurants in Bend ›
Ariana reviews from OpenTable diners
164 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (135)fit for foodies (131)romantic (103)neighborhood gem (81)notable wine list (70)great for outdoor dining (46)hot spot (17)good for groups (8)late-night find (4)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Out of towners w/ discerning palateOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/18/2014Our friends from out of town were late to Ariana due to their golf game running long. Yet, the Ariana team was kind and understanding of our late guests. The dinner, drinks, wine, dessert and caffe were excellent. Delicious, delicious!! We wanted our friends to get a great taste of what Bend is about, and Ariana definitely provided them with that!Special Features:
- Bend DelightBorntoeat45Dined on 9/12/2014We had an excellent meal. The ambiance was delightful The restaurant appears to be converted from a residence and the decor was homey and comfortable. Our waiter did a fabulous job. He was kind, gracious and very professional. The overall experience was memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionCroneDined on 9/12/2014My first visit was all and more than expected. We had the tasting menu. The waitstaff was the best. Ron (?) was knowledgable and made the evening relaxed and pleasant. His wine choice was perfect. I hope to pop into the bar soon for a special cocktail and appetizer. Also, best coffee ever! Of course that means desert again....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!YummDined on 9/10/2014Had a celebration dinner for 4 people and enjoyed an amazing evening. We had a 4 hour dinner and never once felt rushed out of our table. Food was amazing and they accomadated one of our group with amazing choices considering his food allergies. We had called ahead to warn them. Well done Arianna, we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Decent ValueWinstonBearDined on 9/9/2014We chose this restaurant based solely on the menu we found online, and specifically for one particular dish: Sea Scallops with Dungeness Crab Risotto. The food was expertly prepared. The serving of scallops was generous, while the serving of risotto was far less so. This wouldn't have been much of an issue for me had some vegetable or small salad been included in the high cost of the meal. (I will admit to a small bias against restaurants that charge top price for an entree, then charge you for a vegetable to make it an actual balanced meal).Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerLisanGregDined on 9/4/2014If I lived in Bend, I would eat here every chance I could. Everything we ordered was outstanding. From the gnudi appetizer to the banana cream pie, the food here was the best I've ever eaten. Scallops and seared beef strips were both cooked to perfection. Flavor of both were AMAZING! Thank you for a memorable 20th wedding anniversary Ariana.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisitehawkesbayDined on 9/2/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday at Ariana. It couldn't have been a better experience. The chef's selection is a five-course meal that included appetizer and dessert. Every mouthful was delightful. Very creative texture and flavor combinations that were unusual and yet delicious.Special Features:
- A Happy Birthday mealPaleobychoiceDined on 9/2/2014I hadn't been back in years for some reason. The foods we chose were delicious! Salmon tartare, scallops and the piccata. Salads, of course. I would always like more veggies on the dinner plate. I wondered about an alternative to the crab risotto since I don't eat rice and such. But I splurged on my birthday.Special Features:
- ImpressedRedTressesDined on 8/30/2014We're new to Bend and trying to get through the top ten list of restaurants . Ariana's definelty deserves being in the top 5 . We had the tasters menu, excellent. And we each chose two different cocktails , all fresh and good. Our server, Ron, really made the experience the best. Experienced, warm and professional. Our dinner was close to $200 with tip , but we'll go back again and have just a fair priced entree so it doesn't have to be looked at as only a special occasion place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would definitely returnOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/29/2014Visiting Bend with friends from LA & looking for a nice place for dinner. We had been to Bend many, many times but this was our first visit to Ariana. Food was wonderful-- interesting recipes executed perfectly & first class service. We were able to eat outside, so we did not have to manage through the 'enthusiastic' noise level inside. It was a weekend in summer so perhaps noise level not so bad at other times. All that said, we would return when next in Bend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousmatthewDined on 8/29/2014Ariana never fails to excel. A truly wonderful place for dinner.Special Features:
- Amazing dinner experienceFoodieCoupleDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I went to Ariana for our wedding anniversary. We were seated at a beautiful table next to the window. Our server Brett greeted us and was amazing all night. He also decanted our bottle of wine we had brought in. We started with appetizers - the carpaccio and calamari. They were delicious! Our main dishes of the braised short ribs and the filet were cooked to perfection. About it being too noisy...We didn't find it that way at all. It felt great to be in a place so popular and where all of the patrons where enjoying themselves. Our dessert, the banana cream pie with a glass of port was the perfect way to conclude our meal. The prices are very reasonable for such a fine restaurant. We will be returning!Special Features:
- Bend's BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Good to find such good cooking in Bend. Unpretentious, no real dress up required, and the food is seriously excellent. The tables are a little crowded -- we got to know the people next to us pretty well as a result -- and the service was good, not great, but the food is maybe the second best I've ever had -- no disgrace to be the runner up to The French Laundry.Special Features:
- Charming, elegant restaurantLinderDined on 8/26/2014The small elegant dining room in an old house is warm and inviting. The food is always top quality with beautiful presentation. It is varied, fresh and unique. The bar service was very slow and they were out of a necessary garnish for a particular cocktail. The service after that was pleasant and attentive. We were made to feel welcome and special. It can get noisy when the tables are full. One of my top two favorites in BendSpecial Features:
- Best in BendlscooksDined on 8/26/2014We'd heard about Ariana from several friends, but for some reason we'd never dined there. This was an anniversary, we wanted a special place, and we totally succeeded in that. Our server, Cara, was excellent. Attentive, friendly, prompt with all of our dishes, yet never overbearing. Each course was amazing in its own way. The carpaccio was the best I've ever had, the salads were simple yet perfectly done, and the entrees were both excellent. Highly recommended, and as good as any place we've eaten in the Bay Area, which is where we moved from in 2005. And easily the best meal in Bend.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in BendDinner44Dined on 8/23/2014We have dined at Ariana on several occasions. The restaurant is beautiful and classic Bend located in a Bend Bungalow. Is it clean and beautifully decorated. The tables are lovely with clean linens, napkins and tableware. The personnel are attractive, polite, and professional. The food is excellent and creatively served. There is something on the menu for everyone. There is care and artistry in every detail of the restaurant from environment to the food. Every dish is prepared perfectly. The wine/champagne is superb and the waiters are knowlegable with suggesting pairing with menu selections. There is pride and excellence evident in this restaurant. It is the best Bend has to offer. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food slow kitchenSCGalDined on 8/23/2014Outstanding food. Decent service but slow kitchen- 35 minutes after ordering still waiting for appetizers! But they delivered a free bowl of soup to make up for it although that was only after I commented on the tardiness of the meal. Ambience ok- somewhat awkward layout and of course due to our late reservation we were seated right next to the hostess stand. However the food was too notch and I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely dinner!maplejaneDined on 8/22/2014Our meal at Ariana was delicious on all counts- the salad, main course and dessert. In addition the service was very attentive without being intrusive; I live in Portland, but I'd go back in a minute if I lived in Bend.Special Features:
- CharlieDogDined on 8/22/2014Thanks to our server Boston for a very nice and unobtrusive dining experience. Timing was perfect on all courses and the food was superb.Special Features:
- An amazing findBillEBoy4foodDined on 8/20/2014This is truly a nieghborhood gem. Wonderful food and ambiance. They have a tasting menu with wine pairing that is just a lot of fun and very, very delicious. Our server was excellent. We will go back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bend BoundOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/19/2014Our experience was beyond our expectations. The quality of the food was wonderful and presented and prepared expertly. My Buratta salad was the best I have ever had... bar none. My pork piccata was crispy and moist with fantastic sauce surround...delicioso! My partner's scallops were done perfectly with an equally delicious accompaniment. Service was excellent as well.Special Features:
- birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014We couldn't book on my wife's birthday so we booked in between our birthdays. Mine was Aug. 25th and hers Aug. 14th. I was disappointed that we only got happy birthday written on our plates. Most places give a free desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ariana's noise levelJeffaresVIPDined on 8/14/2014I've been to this restaurant several times, and my single complaint is that the noise level is too high for normal conversation, at least at several of the tables I've been seated. Food & service are excellent, however, I won't go back if I want to spend an evening with guests due to the difficulty in carrying on a conversation at normal levels.Special Features:
- Dinner for anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We had not been there before and were quite pleased with the whole staff. We were treated in a very professional and congenial way. The menu choices were unusual and very appetizing. The wine list was exceptional as well as the bar list. We were given a special recognition of our celebration.Special Features:
- Best Find Dining in BendvinylrichDined on 8/14/2014This was an outstanding dining experience for us. We had held off eating here for years because we had heard that while it was good, it was also very noisy. Finally we had to try it. Got there at opening time to get ahead of the crowd and noise and it worked. The noise level was comfortable for the first hour and a half. They also have some outdoor tables which should be less noisy. But the food makes it all worth it. And the waiter was the best server I can remember having. Friendly, informative and very helpful with food and wine selection. For a memorable night out, you cannot do better than Arianna.Special Features:
- OutstandingLuvsagoodmealDined on 8/13/2014I read about Ariana on the internet, and everything I read was right on. The food was amazing, the restaurant is darling (in an old house)--and our table was ready right when it was supposed to be. This restaurant does not overbook--so important. It is absolutely necessary to have a reservation--and this restaurant is worth it. We had a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Best in BendKandjVIPDined on 8/13/2014We thought that Ariana was the best restaurant we visited in Bend. Service was friendly but not overpowering, all the food was delicious, and we liked the ambiance of the location. Favorites on the menu were the scallops served on a bed of risotto and the flourless chocolate cake. Our guest with celiac was especially delighted to be served homemade gluten free bread!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sidekickDined on 8/12/2014good food but too noisy for me. the place is small and the noise limits conversationSpecial Features:
- bluequailbooneDined on 8/12/2014The food was outstanding. The best I have had in Bend. The presentation was simple , but beautiful. There were four of us and every one was really happy with his/her choice and all thought it was a memorable dining out experience. When eating out we all wanted something we don't cook at home and this food was over the top in every way. The service was also exceptional and our server,Bosten, was very friendly and helpful without being intrusive or pushy as some servers can be when trying too hard. It was interesting watching the servers all doing their work in the small area of the restaurant. They all seemed to just flow around each other and it worked perfectly .They seemed happy in their work and that is a good sign.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeBobSDined on 8/9/2014This was our third time to the restaurant. Each and every time the food, ambience, and service has been outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining Experiencein2itDined on 8/8/2014We were in Bend for my birthday weekend. Ariana's was recommended to us by friends who dined there recently We enjoyed the Chefs Sampler w the wine pairings and were very pleased. Each course was delicious and their presentation equally outstanding. Our waiter was very attentive and everyone in the restaurant looked like they were having a wonderful dining experience. We will be back on our next trip to Bend.Special Features:
- FCbumDined on 8/7/2014Ariana - the cook's wife's name, though she also cooks - is exceptional in all respects. Fabulous food and very professional, competent service staff. A relatively small menu, but the four that our group had were all gems, especially the short ribs and the scallops. The bone marrow appetizer was unique and delicious. As well as the Sicilian sauteed calamari. Wow! We'll be back.Special Features:
- Best In BendgratefuldinrDined on 8/7/2014Consistently the best food, ambience and service in Bend. It is our go to place for all dining occasions, whether romantic, fun or simple week night dinner. The noise level does get high during peak dining hours making conversations difficult. But that is true all over town. Ariana, Andres, Susan and Glenn have put Bend on the map with their culinary talent. If you are a local and haven't been there, you've missed the best in town. If you are visiting and want a special night out, this is where you want to go.Special Features:
- Our favorite in BendKatyaDiningDined on 7/31/2014I enjoy cooking, so when I go out to eat I want imaginative food that is more complex than what I make at home. Ariana's chef is talented, imaginative, and makes great use of the available local fresh ingredients. We now know to make our reservation as soon as we book our trip to Bend - can't wait until we get there or they are full! And with good reason.Special Features:
- IloveblueDined on 7/31/2014Overall, Ariana's is the BEST restaurant in Central Or. bar none and as you can see, we gave it an outstanding rating on everything. We always enjoy dining here and I usually order their scallops over risotto which I had the other night. Yesterday, I wasn't feeling so well as something didn't settle with my dinner. My husband had the halibut and was fine. I am only mentioning this so that the restaurant might check to see if anyone else had a problem with the scallops as it is one of their most popular dishes. We will definitely dine there again but probably not have scallops again. As I stated before, it was a lovely evening, a delicious meal and it was our 60th wedding anniversary so we wanted to do something special.Special Features:
- Delightful experiencediningdivaDined on 7/30/2014This popular local restaurant was packed on a Wednesday night because the food is excellent and service impeccable. If the noise level had not been so high we might have called it the perfect evening. Next time I will ask for outdoor seating. Highly recommend this top notch restaurant.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2014Checked Tripadvisor before our trip to Bend,Oregon and decided that we would have our anniversary dinner at this restaurant. It was highly recommended and we were not disappointed in the least. The dinner was exceptional and the ambience was terrific. We would definitely recommend this restaurant when visiting Bend. It was also great that we could make a reservation on Open Table.Special Features:
- Outstanding dinnerCWC49Dined on 7/29/2014We were a party of four seated outside in the garden for dinner. We were promptly seated, given menus and the specials for the evening. Our drinks arrived in minutes and we continued to have an outstanding dinner experience. The food was delightful to look at and wonderful to eat. The portions were just right! Every one of us was fully content with our orders and the compliments flowed regarding the specific menu items we had ordered. Needless to say, our plates were clean...from our appetizers to the dessert. Highly recommend Ariana's to everyone who wants a first class culinary experience. My favorite restaurant in Bend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional for anywhereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014The tasting menu was excellent with decent wine pairing. Service was outstanding (we had a reservation) and very friendly. Very courteous, succinct, knowledgeable, and friendly. My few small complaints were that the wine offerings were fairly pedestrian and the markup was overly zealous. Cocktail menu was great and reasonable. The tasting menu was all carniverous, which is only a complaint in summer when it is easy to open with some greens/vegetables. Don't get me wrong, all the dishes were outstanding (especially the mushroom soup with scallop) but diversity challenges the pallet. Overall it is a pretty amazing restaurant with great people working there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creativity meets execution. Superb!ChefWilDined on 7/26/2014One of the best dining experiences I've ever had. Stellar service. Wonderful food. Just a great combination of interesting food and each item delivered on its promise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.