614 Main Street
Woodland, CA 95695Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.freshsimpledelicious.com/
- Phone: 5304021399x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-Fri 11:00am-2:00pm
Dinner: M-Th,Sat 5:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: F 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Wine Bar
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Aria
A collection of simple Italian dishes with a twist. Making fresh delicious food is the Aria way, from our house made foccacia to our fresh gelato. Aria is committed to Fresh, Simple, and Delicious food and drink.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Aria reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (8)neighborhood gem (7)great for lunch (5)romantic (3)fit for foodies (2)good for groups (2)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Always pleasedWoodlandntwDined on 7/23/2014I really enjoy dining here; I am always pleased with my meal. Nice, quiet atmosphere for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner at AriatiredofcookingDined on 7/18/2014We enjoyed the food; we think it was better than the last time we ate there several months ago. The noise level is pretty bad but that is true of most restaurants. No complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014Four of us enjoyed our dinners AND our server. Two of us had pork one had the grilled and one shrimp. We enjoyed the Wine and will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we'll be backMike95618Dined on 6/27/2014Had the best calamari ever... And, I have eaten a lot of calamari...generous portion of crispy light tempura battered rings with a light garlic seasoning topped with grated Parmesan cheese with a lightly spicy cocktail sauce. I had the Chicken Piccata.... and the Lemon Caper Sauce was a bit to heavy for my taste but the Hand Rolled Fettuccine was excellent. My wife had the Lasagna Bolognaise and it was good but not great... the wife makes the best Lasagna I have ever had... Service was OK but not professional quality.. we called for a reservation and asked for a table by the window.. the hostess did not know or check... plates laid on the table for a long while...server for got the water... did not check on food after being served etc.Special Features:
- Service was the best thing here!HrddrvDined on 6/20/2014Food was okay. They had to prepare my wife's dish twice due to excessive and overpowering lemon. However they did get it right the second time. Our server was very attentive and helpful and really wanted us to enjoy the meal. We would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aria is great!!!NDChanDined on 6/7/2014My wife and I had a fabulous dining experience at Aria. My prime rib was delicious and my wife's past and shrimp was also very good. The lemon mouse we had for dessert was light and refreshing. Service was excellent. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Find in WoodlandLuvgoodfoodDined on 6/3/2014The food was excellent from the appetizers to the dessert. This is likely the best dinner option in Woodland. Although it is a bit pricey (for Woodland-reasonable for Sacramento), you get what you pay for and we felt it was well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded ExpectationsNorCalDinerDined on 5/30/2014The Crispy Eggplant Parmesan was wonderful, as was the Chicken Piccatta. Aria has a new owner and chef. I hope they stick around. The resaurant is a great asset to the Woodland community.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 35 reviews are from the Aria reviews archive.
- Mother's Day BrunchsmolineDined on 5/11/2014We are not brunch/eggs people and did not know in advance that they were having brunch instead of off the menu. Will give them another try when we can order specific items.Special Features:
- What a nice surpriseSteveinDavisDined on 5/3/2014I had never heard of Aria but when I got the Groupon offer one morning I thought, "well, if it's any good it will be a nice find." And it was! I live in Davis and pretty much only go to Woodland for Costco and Ludy's, which is right across the street from Aria. From the first bite of the crispy polenta I knew we would be in for a treat. The Caesar salad was done right with a nice slice of anchovy. I had the spicy spaghetti which was good; my friend got the lasagna which he declared to be the best he ever had. I tasted some and agreed. I would go back just for that. The salted caramel brownie was amazing for dessert. And even without the Groupon the pricing was very reasonable for the quality and experience. It's a keeper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy with AriaGPK1VIPDined on 4/26/2014Aria is settling in to a great dinning experience. Their service has greatly improved (not that it was bad) since they first opened. My wife and I have not experienced a bad meal. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice foodEVEVDined on 4/22/2014tasty pasta and wedge salad. We'll be back again!Special Features:
- food with that mmm factor..tamizDined on 4/4/2014We started off with the antipasto plate & the ricotta gnocchi for appetizers & then had the spicy shrimp speghetti & the eggplant parmesan. Everything was fantastic, delicious & made me say mmmmm with every bite! I would definitely recommend this restaurant. & lets not forget about the delicious desserts! The white Choc. Mousse truffle torte is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something to Sing aboutlitloverDined on 3/22/2014Two friends and I dined at Aria Saturday night and thought the food and service were commendable. My friends had the black cod with creamy risotto and kept muttering how delicious it was as they had with the salads they started with. My Caesar salad was also good but my carved-at-the-table prime rib was one of the best I've had in a long time.It was cooked medium rare just the way I like it and the serving was so large I had to skip the desserts that my friends raved about. I was not letting a bit of the beef and the accompanying mushroom gravy got to waste.Special Features:
- Wine List WantingSusanDined on 3/21/2014I was taken aback when offered a wine list with only two choices for bottles of red wine. I believe one of these was $38, the other $46. There were more choices by the glass -- I didn't count them, but I believe about 10. I had a $10 glass of wine which was passable, but not great. The food, on the other hand, was above average. Both the wedge salad and the Italian chopped salad were delicious and the lasagne was quite tasty and a huge portion. The leftovers were even better the next day. We were too full to try the desserts, but they looked wonderful. Everything was fresh and homemade. The foccacia bread was yummy. I would've loved it if the menu included more fish. We arrived at 7 and the one fish special was sold out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good atmosphere. Good food.evng4myloveDined on 2/28/2014Good atmosphere. Good food. Good wine. Although I like to keep my finds to my self, I highly recommend Aria. People are friendly. Good service and again good food.Special Features:
- Food needs improving.PuddlesDined on 2/28/2014Neither my husband and I were pleased. Food was not at all what I expected. According to my husband we could have received the same or better at Oilve Garden for a better price. We were the only 2 couples there for a while. Music was great. My husband liked the wine. I didn't have a glass because they didn't have what I wanted. My Food didn't stay hot for long. All I had was feddachini. Bread was great. Expensive for what they give you. Wont be back. My daughter has also tried it and said it was expensive for what they gave you. We told her why didn't she warn us. String is a lot better for italian food. Just have to drive a little farther for the food now that Davis made them leave.
- Groupon dinnerSilviaVIPDined on 2/22/2014We purchased a Groupon for $40 food value for $20. We invited our friends to join us. We had a great dinner. The salads were fresh and delicious. The entries also delicious and plenty of food. The servings were more than adequate and flavorful. Loved the bread too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT Date Night Location!!!!CaliMartinsDined on 2/22/2014SO....I bought a Groupon for Aria....and I was PRAYING that it was going to be a great experience, as my husband don't get out for date night much ($$$; on a budget!) Anyways, the hostess sat us right away.....nice company of other diners....low "din" in regard to noise level....we got our drink order taken right away....I ordered B Side Cabernet Sauvignon out of Napa....OMG to die for! We ordered the special Appetizer of Steamed Prince Edward Island Mussels with Fennel and Spicy Pomodoro and Butter; if they have this special again; order THIS solo!!!! They are that good! My entrée was Chicken Piccata in a Lemon Caper sauce with roasted red cherry tomatoes and spinach.....JUST as good as the appetizer! We will DEFINATELY RETURN!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little restaurantBfl2221Dined on 2/21/2014The restaurant is charming and the food very tasty. Very friendly servers. Parking is an issue, however. We had to park about 3 blocks away. I don't mind walking, but wish I had worn different shoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aria we love you!raindancerDined on 2/21/2014The food was excellent. The room was clean and crisp, it felt fresh and lively. Will most certainly be going back for special occasions and just because. My only complaint and it is small our waitress did not tell us there were specials, we heard them as a different waiter told a table near us, to late for us we had already ordered. The baby carrots were actually so good that the BF who shuns vegies ate them and said he would eat them again.Special Features:
- Pretty nice for Woodland.BzerkeleyVIPDined on 2/15/2014Pretty nice for Woodland. Food is better than average for Woodland restaurants.
- Disappointed with the ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014The food was good, and the service was as well. The disappointment came when I saw individuals not dressed to what I believed the dress code should be. There were kids that were dressed in basketball shorts and t shirts. Being that I went for a nice dinner with my girlfriend I did not appreciate those that were not dressed for the environment.Special Features:
- left a lot to be desiredpiperDined on 2/15/2014First, our hostess was the best. And, that is the nicest thing I can say. My pasta was sticky and cold, the waiter did not appear to be all that interested in our having a successfully experience. There are far too many restaurants in the area to make me go back to ARIA. Did I mention the hostess-she was great.
- DissappointeddinerDined on 2/14/2014Second visit. Tasteless food, slow service, a waste of money.
- tasty foodBirthdayBoyDined on 2/14/2014Food was excellent. It is nice to have a good restaurant take over the spot after Tanzina Bistro closed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Night SpotLittleNickyPDined on 2/9/2014Their moniker of "Fresh, Simple, Delicious" is spot on. Love the simple ingredients prepared excellently. Nice decor and ambiance, and a surprising find in downtown Woodland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soThisIsNotTylerDined on 2/2/2014I went here using a groupon. I ordered a salad that was very simple (the description said it has anchovies, but it only came with greens and cheese). For the entree I ordered a 3 cheese ravioli. It was very prosaic.
- Great experienceVmmorenoDined on 2/1/2014This was the first time my boyfriend and I tried Aria and I must say I'm glad we did. We went on our anniversary and the atmosphere was great and the service incredible. Everyone was approachable and friendly. Our waiter was always making sure we were okay and he was very helpful on helping us decide what to eat and drink since it was our first time there. I would definitely recommend to my friends and family. Keep up the good work Aria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findJaelDined on 1/31/2014We dined here for the first time and were very pleased with the food, setting and service. We were here in the evening in January but it looks like there may outdoor patio dining as well. The food was excellent and the service was friendly & professional. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At LastYumYumDined on 1/31/2014From the moment we walked into Aria I knew our dining experience was going to be excellent. The host and hostess were we and welcoming without being 'salesy' or patronizing. Our table was immediately ready and away from the door as I requested. The food. THE FOOD. It was a masterpiece. The flavored were delicious, the temperature just right and the portions were larger than average. I just can't say enough about the flavors. Oh! Freshly made focaccia bread unlike any you've ever had before. My mouth is watering. The negatives? It got pretty noisy with the gorgeous tall ceilings and decor. The prices are high for Woodland; however, they are absolutely worth it! Can't wait to take the hubby and kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This location was once occupiedAnnsieVIPDined on 1/22/2014This location was once occupied by Tazzina's, and Aria has retained the rustic brick walls and general layout. It's a pleasant, rather cozy little place. The food is good although the lunch choices were a bit limited--sandwiches, salads, pasta. Portions are generous and our salmon sandwiches were chunky and tasty. We had good, but not overly knowledgeable, table service. It's nice to have some options in Woodland, certainly worth a drive over from Sacramento. I can't say we were bowled over, but we like Aria and we''ll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continue to enjoy it here...RandTSVIPDined on 1/11/2014They keep getting better each time! Our first visit was a bit shaky as new staff was learning the ropes but they have really stepped up and are continually friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite dinner of twojmanDined on 1/9/2014Price: 50$ for two. We shared everything: A small Caesar salad (a little too anchovy for my taste), the fettuccine alfredo topped with a salmon fillet and fresh basil leaves, pistachio ice cream (very light and delicate, not overpowering, perfect!) and 3 glasses of pinot grigio (it was off the top so good! Floral notes rang throughout. The wine we selected went perfect with the pasta and fish). All for 50$ + 20$ tip = 70$ for a dinner for two. We went because my girlfriend flew out to California for a week and Aria's is a local spot for a quite romantic dinner for two. Is the food sooooo incredibly excellent? No, BUT, it is good and worth the money. Overall, it was worth it for a quite a relaxing dinner for me and my girl.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- woodlanderWoodlanderDined on 12/31/2013second time to dine and the service has much improved food very good and fresh prices very reasonable for the quality since no liquor license could expand the wine list more to compliment the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aria, Woodland's besthotgramsDined on 12/31/2013Excellent food and service. The only upscale restaurant in Woodland with terrific food, great atmosphere and splendid service. The menu is limited but has something for all, vegans too. We went on New Year's Eve, so there was a crowd but the kitchen was timely, water glasses kept filled and no glitches. It was very satisfying.Special Features:
- New with some startup problemsjimhhDined on 12/30/2013We were a party of 6 looking forward to trying the fairly new Aria's. We were big fans of the previous restaurant at the same location, which has a fabulous menu and outstanding food. Aria's has a way to go to catch up. A short menu (and wine list) offered some nice appraisers and entree. Two of us had the 3 cheese raviolis which turned out to be the best choice but the Caesar dressing was WAY too strong with lemon and anchovies. The pork tenderloin, while tasty, was overcooked, the spaghetti was served too dry and the spicy shrimp sauce was so hot that it was only barely eatable. The wait time for our entree was overly long, but our server was an efficient delight who we enjoyed. We'll be back to Aria's, but not until they have time
- Great Find in WoodlandOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/21/2013Aria is located where a wonderful bistro was for a number of years. We went hoping to find something nearly as good. Our experience was terrific. Wonderful: energetic young staff, great food and presentation, and a nice wine list, all in a nice setting. Pasta is made on site and was delicious. Desserts were good, as well. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland Central StationKimMartelDined on 12/13/2013I had gone here earlier for drinks, and the place looked amazing, it had a nice wine list-- short, but with a good selection, which is more important to me than a six page book of garbage wines... I thought it would be a great place for date night. I was wrong. This was the worst meal I've had in recent memory. I got the salmon with lentils. The lentils were hard, and totally flavorless, mixed with blanched onions and hard tiny carrots. My husband's pork tenderloin was equally blah. His brussell sprouts, although well cooked, had no seasoning at all, and the polenta was straight-up gruel, worthy of a Dickens novel. It's like they brought out our food while the chef was still only half done cooking it.
- food/souptommyVIPDined on 12/8/2013Very nice place. They need to add soup to the menu.Special Features: