253 Hanover St., 2nd Flr.
Boston, MA 02113Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.arianorthend.com/
- Phone: 6177421276x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday - 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jason Tucker and Clayton Goncalves
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Aria Trattoria is happy to provide catering options upon request.
- Private Party Facilities: Aria Trattoria is the perfect destination for your party, whether it may be a small intimate affair or a gathering of up to 46.
Aria's intimate and charming second floor dining room which boasts views of bustling Hanover Street, an open kitchen and a fireplace.
Whatever your private party needs, we are here to accommodate you with the warm hospitality and delicious cuisine you have come to expect from us.
- Private Party Contact: Massimo Tiberi 6177421276x
- Special Events: Fare un Viaggio
Let us take u on a delectable voyage through italy. Indulge your adventurous side with a three course meal designed by our talented culinary team. Each table will get appetizers, a touch of pasta for the table and a different entree for all, Bon Viaggio!!!!
$55 per person, exclusive of beverage, tax and gratuity
wine flight to match $30 per person
A word from Aria Trattoria
Located in Boston's historic North End, Aria Trattoria features a mix of modern and old world Italian cuisine while paying homage to Massimo family roots from abruzzi influences. The menu is built on a foundation of simple, fresh pastas and antipasti, as well as a healthy dose of grilled meats, fish, and poultry dishes. Well-loved favorites like limoncello marinated shrimp, Cavetelli con Agnello, and massimo's grandmother's PorchettaContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Aria Trattoria - Best Restaurants in North End ›
Aria Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (66)fit for foodies (60)romantic (58)special occasion (50)notable wine list (34)scenic view (14)hot spot (12)good for groups (7)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- New favorite North End RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014The owner waited on our table which made it an intimate dining experience, and the delicious food from his Italian grandmother's recipe book was absolutely incredible. The Bon Viaggio food tour is definitely the way to go, let the house take care of you! It is WELL WORTH the full family-style Italian experience. Make sure to interact with the owner, he is a great guy, and ask about his daughter (who the restaurant is named after), she is adorable! Definitely my new favorite restaurant in the North End.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findteach1VIPDined on 9/16/2014we loved this restaurant. Our waiter was delightful and vey efficient. We loved our food and the atmosphere. we got the swordfish special and it was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic service/great GF optionsKASIIVIPDined on 9/16/2014first time dining here, the owner massimo was the ultimate host. convinced us to "trust him" & we did the "Fare un Viaggio" (3 course prix fixe) it was outstanding. superb attention & menu selections for anyone with a Gluten allergy. (our new "go to place" in north end) HIGHLY RECOMMEND this restaurantSpecial Features:
- Would eat the whole menuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2014Not the actual menu, but everything on it. Small intimate dining room, which leads to very personal service from friendly and professional staff. Very fresh ingredients used to make several Italian staples and some creative specials. Could easily stop in for a one or two course dinner or stretch it out to a traditional four or five course Italian meal. Nice wine menu too with good recommendations for pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/13/2014Still one of our favorites in the North End. Loved that we could do a half-and-half of two types of pasta because we wouldn't have wanted to miss either.Special Features:
- Fantastic foodLuvitalianDined on 9/13/2014The food was phenomenal, we chose the chef's choice which was amazing we loved everything, each course was just perfect, we were not rushed. The noise level started to get a little loud as the restaurant filled up, but it was manageable. The only I would point out is in most other reviews they talk about how friendly the owner is, but we didn't find him very friendly at all he was at the door when we came in , he said " how many" " do u have reservations" we did notice if he new the people at different tables he was bringing them food, stopping by asking how things were offering wine suggestions, but he never came to our table and we were there 2 1/2 hours having great food, too bad he can't just be friendly to everyone!Special Features:
- PROFOUNDLY MEDIOCREfoodieVIPDined on 9/6/2014The noise level in this restaurant is oppressive. As for the food, my lobster risotto was tasteless. Now how can lobster be tasteless. There was a tomato cream sauce that had no taste. My husband had a veal chop that was equally bland and unacceptable. My salad was okay, so how can you screw up a salad. I also did not like that the waiter kept addressing me as "young lady." Now I look pretty good, and I'm 72.
- North end favoritedabradVIPDined on 8/31/2014This was by far the best meal we have every had in the north end of Boston. The servers were outstanding. Just the right amount of attention to food and beverage without being a nuisance. The meat ball appetizer and lamb skewers started the meal. Both were perfect and delicious. The rib eye and fries were good. The fries were almost as good as the steak. The Fruitti De Mare way among the best I have eaten. Absolutely one of the best restaurants in Boston.Special Features:
- ExcellentMak58VIPDined on 8/30/2014We discovered this gem last year when dropping off our daughter to college. The owner takes great pride in the food and service and has been physically present each time. Like the old fashioned restaurant or any business for that matter there is a big difference having the owner on the premises. We have eaten here 5 times so far, each time we visit from Florida and have not been disappointed. The restaurant is on a second floor and has a cozy, comfortable ambience. They have a very nice wine list to compliment the menu. I would recommend the meatballs and fish specials but I have not had a bad meal.Special Features:
- Fabulous place!FashioncoachDined on 8/30/2014Excellent food, VERY attentive waitstaff, intimate setting and fair prices...what more could you ask for? It was our first visit to Aria Trattoria and we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Hidden GemsaskinsDined on 8/29/2014On the second level, Aria overlooks the bustling North End. The ambiance is modern and hip but the food is authentic Italian.Special Features:
- Nice mealOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/28/2014Very pleasant Rest Week meal at Aria where they had a nice choice of apps and entrees. The shrimp was esp. good, 5 large shrimp with capers, some salad. Rigatoni bolognese was fine but not as rich as some and the pasta seemed very al dente. Cute place, nice service.
- Extraordinary!look4gddiningVIPDined on 8/26/2014Possibly the best restaurant experience in Boston. Absolutely wonderful. Seats approx 40 people; we opted for the Chef's choice: WOW! A must if you love Italian fine dining.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Dinner, too full to finishpatrish95Dined on 8/24/2014Took my mom to Aria for her recent birthday dinner. We had a great two seater at the window. Opted for the 3 course chef's choice meal - did not disappoint. Everything was wonderful and we were too full to finish the last course (a gorgeous steak!). Will definitely come back, hopefully with my husband next time.Special Features:
- DeliciousFoodisGoodDined on 8/23/2014Dinner for my wife and I: It was a wonderful dining experience. No doubt this ranks in the top 10 of dining experiences. We chose the three course meal for $55 and for $30 each we had a wine flight. We let the waiter choose all selections, telling him that my wife would like seafood and white wine, me anything with red wine. Apps were calamari and meatballs; both were good. Main course was scallops and pork Abruzzi (which was amazing, their signature dish). Also both of us were served a spaghetti after apps which was very good. Desert was tiramisu and it did not disappoint. Service was excellent throughout the meal. Waiter's wine and food choices were excellent.Special Features:
- Fresh Authentic Italian!MamaPDined on 8/21/2014My husband and I read reviews on Open Table to find a great Italian restaurant in the North End for dinner on Friday night. We were visiting from Texas for the weekend. The positive reviews were correct. We could not have been more pleased with Aria Trattoria and would definitely recommend it to anyone who loves a good, authentic Italian meal. The owner greeted us at the door and our waiter was fantastic. Wine list was good. We had the most wonderful seasonal appetizer - the figs are a must have! The restaurant was very noisy & vibrant, so you should not expect a romantic quiet evening out. If you are ready for a hot spot with great food, I encourage you to give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love AriaDmg21Dined on 8/18/2014The food is fantastic. The mushroom raviolis are homemade and the best I've had. The service is friendly and will make good suggestions to your questions. This is now my favorite North End restaurant. Request a window seat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014The owner welcomed us to his "home" and we felt like welcome guests. The food was fantastic and the service attentive. They were more than accommodating to our two kids (5 and 8) and made them feel special. I will definitely be recommending Aria to others and will return myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good little spot in the North EndOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014Dined here for our fifth anniversary. Requested the best seats in the house, and they delivered. We got a table by the windows overlooking Hanover St. and the view was wonderful. The service was fantastic and the food was amazing. The caprese salad was especially worth noting. Prepared a little differently, but absolutely delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, Authentic ItalianDarylVIPDined on 8/15/2014Two members of our party have Abruzzese roots, and related instantly to the menu and the preparations. The fresh-made pasta tasted just like it came from my grandmother's kitchen. We all tried something different -- from the swordfish special to the various meats -- and all dishes were spectacular. There is a good selection of wines, and we found one to satisfy all the palettes in our group. The fact that the restaurant is on the second floor keeps you away from the crowds while still enjoying Hanover St. One tip: With all the dessert locations nearby, skip the dessert menu and head across the street to a place like Caffé Vittoria if you want a post-dinner sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Wonderful MealBozemanMikeVIPDined on 8/14/2014Booked Aria Trattoria through OpenTable during a recent business trip to Boston. What a wonderful experience. Cuisine was great, Good value and the service was exquisite. I would definitely come back to this iconic Italian restaurant among the many along Hanover St in North Side BostonSpecial Features:
- wonderful restaurantkitcat810Dined on 8/11/2014I had been given a gift certificate for my birthday to Aria so a friend and I went on a Monday night. It was fantastic. The food was excellent (we went for the chefs choice), the service was outstanding, and we had a table right next to the window looking out over Hanover street. Will definitely try to get back there before we leave Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful findtpourahDined on 8/6/2014Thanks to the reviews we chose wisely. A wonderful special occasion evening. Food, wines, service, tops plus special attention by owner, we will definitely be back. Would also make a great romantic spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Italian GemKathytmVIPDined on 8/6/2014We were visiting the area from Chicago and looking for a great Italian meal in the North End. We sure found it here!! The owner was friendly and an absolute delight. He genuinely seemed interested in our own stories of Italian heritage too - two Italian gals with their Irish husbands. We were treated special as he stopped by the table several times to check on us. Be sure to request the table by the window! Ciao!
- Good-But?VsjegoDined on 8/2/2014This is a good restaurant serving authentic Italian cuisine. However, there are many mom and pop Italian restaurants on Boston's North End. In 3 words...Crowded, expensive, tasty...You can get Crowded and tasty for much less in BostonSpecial Features:
- A Gem in Little ItalyworldtravelerDined on 8/2/2014We loved our dinner at Aria Trattoria. The restaurant is on the second floor of busy Hanover Street, so it is a welcome respite from the weekend crowds in Little Italy. Our server was very helpful, suggesting great wine. The food was delicious. Will return when I'm back in Boston!Special Features:
- FantasticRobnjDined on 8/1/2014We ate here with a group of 6 including 2 tweens. The staff was friendly and knowledgable. The owner visited all of the tables. Pasta was homemade and the steak and pork were cooked perfectly. We would highly recommend this restaurant. Much better than one of the older and more established North End restaurants we went to the next night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!GregBostonDined on 8/1/2014This place never comes up short; great food, amazing service, and and an excellent view of the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Good service and locationCynthiaDined on 7/31/2014Food was only okay, but service and location were both very good.
- Great local findYpsidinerVIPDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I loved the food and the service at this cute restaurant. The owner greeted us and seated us. We really enjoyed spending our anniversary at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/23/2014Food and Service was fantastic The Eggplant Parmesan was really cooked to perfectionSpecial Features:
- Love the voyage thru Italy dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014Come and be entertained by the friendly waiters and indulge in great food. Don't really want anyone else to know about this place as it is very small and intimate and I want it free for when I want to go there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2014First time dining in the north end. Overjoyed with our choice to done at Atria. Warm and inviting greeting by the owner when we arrived. Treated like old friends our entire stay. We got an excellent bottle of wine that the owner recommended & decided to do the 3 course dinner. The food was absolutely amazing! We will definitely be returning on our next trip to Boston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceweloveitDined on 7/18/2014The food is amazing...ingredients fresh and top quality. The waitstaff is attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. We enjoyed both ordering off menu as we'll as the Tour of Italy. We've been twice now and it only keeps getting better.Special Features:
- Fabulous every time!FabulouseverytimeDined on 7/13/2014This is our new Favorite place in the North End. The food is always amazing, portions are a good size, I think it's reasonably priced and the service is outstanding. We have been here at least 5 times in the past 3 months and there is always something new to try and everything is always amazing. I can't say enough about how much we love it here. The owner Massimo makes your dining experience that much better he always remembers you and makes you feel special.Special Features:
- Fantastic dinner in the North EndOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/12/2014My girlfriend and I were visiting Boston for the weekend and decided to have an early dinner at Aria Trattoria based on the positive reviews from OpenTable. This turned out to be a great decision. The restaurant itself is on a second floor overlooking one of the busy North End streets which makes from a nice escape from the bustle of the area (particularly on a busy Saturday). The staff was also friendly and attentive (although a bit over-eager). However, the best part was the food. We chose the tasting menu option and were treated to a delicious selection of items both on and off the menu. The chef and the waiter did a very nice job incorporating our preferences and we had a wonderful time. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Authentic Italian!MikeDined on 7/12/2014We have eaten at many of the Italian restaurants in the North End. This one has the most authentic food. Everything was delicious, the service was timely without rushing us, and the price tag at the end of the evening was reasonable. We have already been back a second time, with a crowd, and our experience was just as good on a Saturday evening as it was on a Thursday evening. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- accommodating and the real dealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014I had requested a Window seat for dinner. While they are limited, the owner read my note when I booked the restraunt. It's a good sign when the owner takes the time to actually read a request and do something about it proactively. This smart attitude permeates the restaurant and everything about it. Service is real and not pretentious. Great spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!BirthdayDined on 7/11/2014Delicious!! Italian classics with a touch of elegance and flavorful combinations that were satisfying and memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gustatory hugAnarmour36VIPDined on 7/10/2014Thanks to Open Table reviews for recommending ARIA. From the welcome at the top of the stairs to the 'when should we plan to come back?!' at the end of the meal, everything in between was a sheer delight! The food is amazing and for wine, check out the 3 estate wines on the left page. We had the Daienero which was a great price for a fabulous wine. Thank you, Massimo!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.