253 Hanover St., 2nd Flr.
Boston, MA 02113Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.arianorthend.com/
- Phone: (617) 742-1276
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday - 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jason Tucker and Clayton Goncalves
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Aria Trattoria is happy to provide catering options upon request.
- Private Party Facilities: Aria Trattoria is the perfect destination for your party, whether it may be a small intimate affair or a gathering of up to 46.
Aria's intimate and charming second floor dining room which boasts views of bustling Hanover Street, an open kitchen and a fireplace.
Whatever your private party needs, we are here to accommodate you with the warm hospitality and delicious cuisine you have come to expect from us.
- Private Party Contact: Massimo Tiberi 6177421276x
- Special Events: Fare un Viaggio
Let us take u on a delectable voyage through italy. Indulge your adventurous side with a three course meal designed by our talented culinary team. Each table will get appetizers, a touch of pasta for the table and a different entree for all, Bon Viaggio!!!!
$55 per person, exclusive of beverage, tax and gratuity
wine flight to match $30 per person
A word from Aria Trattoria
Located in Boston's historic North End, Aria Trattoria features a mix of modern and old world Italian cuisine while paying homage to Massimo family roots from abruzzi influences. The menu is built on a foundation of simple, fresh pastas and antipasti, as well as a healthy dose of grilled meats, fish, and poultry dishes. Well-loved favorites like limoncello marinated shrimp, Cavetelli con Agnello, and massimo's grandmother's PorchettaContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Aria Trattoria - Best Restaurants in North End ›
Aria Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014My wife and I took my daughter and several of her friends out on the town for her 16th birthday. She wanted Italian in the North End and Aria Trattoria had an open reservation at the right time so we booked it. The service was great, the food was great, and the atmosphere was great. It did get a bit loud once it all of the tables were packed with the dinner rush so I'm not sure it would be appropriate for a quiet romantic dinner. However, for our group of 4 teenage girls and two adults it was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1234foodieDined on 11/22/2014A friend suggested this restaurant for our girls night out and all us left there with empty plates. The food was absolutely amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went on a Saturday night, busy and energetic.LisaDined on 11/15/2014I loved our waiter, and the food was delicious. Aria has a great vibe, and we will make it a regular destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy, good meal. Nothing outstanding.HungrydocDined on 11/15/2014Cozy little restaurant. 2nd floor of building. Owner greeted us as we entered. We went with chef selection for the meal. Everything was good, but nothing stood out as memorable. Scallops were a little dry. Meatballs were good, but quite plain. (They came by themselves. Flattened bread or something else than bread on the table would have been nice accompaniment.) Service was very good. Attentive. Though nobody (owner, waiter, us) seemed excited about the food being served. Dessert was not included. Dessert is often chance for chef to show off. I did not get the feeling that they are passionate about their menu.
- Great experience at AriaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2014The staff worked with us and quickly sat us even though we were 15 min late for our reservation. We had a great table by the window. The food was good and the service was spot on. We enjoyedo it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic. Incredible food, inviting atmosphere.Aria2Dined on 11/14/2014Never dissapoints. Every time i'm here its amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant experience all around!LindaBDined on 11/14/2014Food - delicious and different. Staff best ever - friendly, accommodating, fun! Atmosphere - really conducive to a fantastic dinner experience. Highly recommend. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievably LOUD!jgaleaDined on 11/8/2014I'll start off by saying that the service was wonderful and the food was very good. One of the reasons I gave it one star was because we were jammed up in a table. I'm a small person and the table was in my chest and my husband, sitting across from me was touching shoulders with another man sitting to his back. The worst part of the evening was how incredibly loud the restaurant was. Even the waiters were cringing at the noise. As crammed up as we were, my husband and I rarely spoke because it was so loud we had to shout. We couldn't wait to get out of there. It was truly the worst experience. As I got up to leave, I had to apologize to the table next to me because there was no polite way to get out of my seat without interrupting them.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014It was amazing! The food, the service, made my proposal evening outstanding! Thank you!Special Features:
- Lovely eveningCharmingVIPDined on 11/7/2014I live in the North End and was recently entertaining friends from the Mid West - I wanted them to have a authentic "North End" experience. Aria provided that mix of friendly service and "old world" ambiance that made their visit memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CancelledCatjoeveDined on 11/4/2014They cancelled our confirmed reservation the afternoon of. Won't consider them again
- Aria Is AlrightDiningWithDon1VIPDined on 11/2/2014Everything was good. But nothing knocked our socks off. Best offering: the Braised Pork Shank. It was as it should be: falling off of the bone, good. Least favorite, house special pork chop -- basically a pork roast, not interesting at all. The staff was very friendly and attentive. Wine list was strongly Italian (as it should be) but over priced. I read other reviews before going and perhaps this was an off night but nothing really showed a lot of technique. I'm still looking for a creative and inventive Boston North End restaurant...and the search continues!
- Upstairs Gem Boston's Little ItalyBobVDined on 11/1/2014We were seated at a front window seat, a 2nd floor view of the lively street scene below. Our server was very friendly and knowledgeable of the the food choices on the menu. Thoroughly enjoyed the Shrimp Limoncello, a lighter touch than a more traditional style. Freshly made tagliatelle with truffles which just arrived from Italy the day before was excellent. The Porchetta Arrosto is a heavy dish with a huge piece traditionally prepared pork. Some of it was a bit dry. Don't think we would try that one again. Definitely would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ridiculously expensive dateIrishLassDined on 11/1/2014We dined at Aria Trattoria on Saturday night. It was a rainy and cold night. The restaurant was initially crowded at our 6pm reservation due to a Bruins game. We were a little early but they sat us anyway. The waiter was a little pushy and wanted our orders right away. Good thing we stalled him a bit and ordered our appetizers and then the meal. The food was ridiculously expensive! Our fault for not asking how much the specials were, We got a caprese salad for $18.Really?? 4 slices of tomato and 4 slices of mozzarella! Yikes! We got two glasses of chianti, lobster risotto ($34) and pappardelle with truffle($40). $150 for dinner with a tip in the North End is ridiculous! We were done with dinner and out of there by 7. Yikes!Special Features:
- Delicious meal, friendly staffElizDined on 10/31/2014The food was fantastic - esp the pasta and seafood. We really enjoyed the staff too. Definitely worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian MealBBR2VIPDined on 10/31/2014The service was prompt, attentive but unobtrusive. Our Midwestern friends had some difficulty with the Italian-Boston accent but we got them through that. The pasta was expertly prepared and the seafood dishes were equally well done. The wine list was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SESSusSESSusDined on 10/28/2014Very nice and excellent service. Food was certainly better than average - but not certain as to it's authenticity. There appeared to be some differences in some of the dishes. Would absolutely return for another visit!
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/20/2014Food was awesome, great location, and service excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian MealMGM1VIPDined on 10/18/2014Great food at a reasonable price. They honored our reservation on time. The service was excellent. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Expensive but worth it!AxafoodieDined on 10/17/2014We had a great dinner and fun evening here. We had the Fare un Viaggio which is a menu that includes an appetizer, pasta and an entree and it is left up to the chef to decide what to serve you. You can state your preferences or allergies and our only request was no ribeye! We had the limoncello marinated shrimp and their signature meatballs to start and both were excellent. Our server brought us their special appetizer that night as well at no extra charge.The pasta dish was cooked al dente and was just the right amount. We had the Osso Buco for an entree and while it wasn't something we would normally order we enjoyed it along with the crispy polenta which we both thought was too salty but good. Great service, great wine. We will return.Special Features:
- Great!luv2dinefamilyfriendsDined on 10/17/2014Everything was excellent from the table wine to the excellent appetizers and meal to the ambiance. Sat by 2nd floor window awesome! felt like Italy. Romantic! The eggplant was the best we ever had. Had two bottles house wine- excellent. Split the eggplant appetizer and had the Lobster Risotto-superb. You will want to order the eggplant for each person too small and too good to split. Met another couple in from out of town. All running late due to traffic, called & no problem used the valet parking $20.00 and well worth it, we made our reservation on time. Met owner. Walked the waterfront all came back to enjoy wine at the bar. The waiter noticed I was hot and adjusted the AC The waiters and bartender all great made the night special. Go!Special Features:
- Chef's Menu Delight!BostonNorthEnderVIPDined on 10/16/2014We stopped into Aria on Thursday night after our plan to go to Volle Nolle was abandoned by a long wait. We originally thought we would have to settle for something less fantastic but were completely surprised with the outstanding meal Aria delivered! We decided to go with the chef's tasting menu, a three course meal where you leave all meal choices up to the chef, with the exception of allergies/dislikes of course. Everything brought to the table was fresh, delicious and exploding with flavor. Thank you so much Aria for a delightful Thursday meal!Special Features:
- North End GemBigdaddyDined on 10/16/2014Great evening. Best restaurant we have eaten at on the North End of Boston. Our group opted for the planned menu and were not disappointed. It gave us the chance to experience everything on the menu. Particularly liked the grilled calamari, rib eye, swordfish, and shrimp appetizer but all was great.Special Features:
- Nice meal!LindaDined on 10/12/2014Ate here on a Sunday night and had a very nice meal with excellent service. By the time we left, around 8pm, it was beginning to get loud. Would certainly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior Food and ServicejillalexVIPDined on 10/11/2014Packed restaurant; space small and tight, tables very near one another, loud. Best spots are those by the window, which I will request next time-and there WILL be a next time! I indicated in Comments on my reservation that is was our anniversary. The owner told our server to make it a special meal. As we were deciding among the amazing-sounding options, I pointed to the Tasting Menu. Our server whisked away our menus and told us it was the best way to go, trust them. We detailed our food aversions, and on the meal came. Generous portions of delectable shrimp and Mom's recipe meatballs. Perfectly al dente Bolognese. Succulent osso buco and butter-like, juicy scallops. OMG, heaven! A mean to remember. PS: Valet available at Bricco.Special Features:
- Nice evening at AriaCgaarVIPDined on 10/11/2014Six people split three salads and a salumi appetizer, and then we had main courses. Five of six chose pasta and all were satisfied. The Rigatoni was delicious. They have a well priced Brunello di Montalcino on their menu that I recommend.Special Features:
- great little placeSUZEVIPDined on 10/10/2014This place was tiny! reservations are a must. The staff was friendly and attentive but not overly so. The food was fantastic. Would definitely come back to Aria again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional PerformancetravelwithcousinsDined on 10/10/2014We dined with guests at Aria Trattoria before attending a concert at the Garden and found everything exceptional. The service was crisp, attentive, while not intrusive. The food was outstanding. Our only regret was that we ate too much because our dishes were irresistible and we couldn't stop when we should have.Special Features:
- Good Boston Italian!!LAFNYCVIPDined on 10/8/2014Owner spent time talking to us. Very friend staff. Good food. Great location.Special Features:
- Great mealDartjonVIPDined on 10/5/2014We wanted to eat in the North End during our visit to Boston, so I read Open Table reviews, which led me to select Aria Trattoria. We could not have selected better. I would rate this restaurant as one of the best for Italian food in our experience. Add to that impeccable service and Aria Trattoria is a true winner.Special Features:
- Always a great time!JPTierneyDined on 10/4/2014We stop in Aria Trattoria just about every time we are in Boston and always leaving looking forward to our next visit. Service and food are what you get at Aria, always under the watchful eye of Massimo the owner. Check it out, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- could not have been happierDavekDined on 9/27/2014First time there everything was very good. We let them pick our meal, just gave them a few likes and dislikes they did all of the rest. PERFECTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food but noisyTbelmontVIPDined on 9/26/2014Enjoyed the appetizers the most. Recommend doing a meal of apps. Pretty good wine list . Attentive service. Acoustics are horrible though . Cannot hear person acrSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place! Can't wait to go back!Macmommy3Dined on 9/26/2014Awesome food! Awesome service! Definitely recommend the three course chefs menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great North End dinnerMJFinDined on 9/25/2014Great menu, excellent food, attentive and friendly service. A wonderful Nirth End restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad for north endSangrialoverDined on 9/25/2014North End overall has gotten very touristy and overpriced. You can get much better Italian food than Aria outside the North End. That being said, the ambiance here was great as was thee service. Located right next to famous Modern Pastry, this is a good choice if you want to be in the North End. Also,,the menu is not just the usual Marsala, parmigiana, piccata on veal, chicken etc. that most places offer. As a Bostonian, if I have guests from out of town that are not on a budget and really want to see the North End, I would go to aria again.Special Features:
- Great dining experiencebuckeyefoodieDined on 9/25/2014We had a lovely evening at Aria. We were greeted by the owner. Our table in the second floor restaurant overlooked busy Hanover Street on a warm Autumn night; the window was open and the entire small dining room was inviting. Service was friendly and prompt. We enjoyed the meatballs as an appetizer, and then moved on to a seafood and homemade pasta dish and a grilled scallop and vegetable dish. Both were flavorful and nicely prepared. We would certainly return to this "neighborhood gem."Special Features:
- New favorite North End Restaurantyumzie09Dined on 9/16/2014The owner waited on our table which made it an intimate dining experience, and the delicious food from his Italian grandmother's recipe book was absolutely incredible. The Bon Viaggio food tour is definitely the way to go, let the house take care of you! It is WELL WORTH the full family-style Italian experience. Make sure to interact with the owner, he is a great guy, and ask about his daughter (who the restaurant is named after), she is adorable! Definitely my new favorite restaurant in the North End.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findteach1VIPDined on 9/16/2014we loved this restaurant. Our waiter was delightful and vey efficient. We loved our food and the atmosphere. we got the swordfish special and it was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic service/great GF optionsKASIIVIPDined on 9/16/2014first time dining here, the owner massimo was the ultimate host. convinced us to "trust him" & we did the "Fare un Viaggio" (3 course prix fixe) it was outstanding. superb attention & menu selections for anyone with a Gluten allergy. (our new "go to place" in north end) HIGHLY RECOMMEND this restaurantSpecial Features: