253 Hanover St., 2nd Flr.
Boston, MA 02113Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.arianorthend.com/
- Phone: 6177421276x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday - 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jason Tucker and Clayton Goncalves
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Aria Trattoria is happy to provide catering options upon request.
- Private Party Facilities: Aria Trattoria is the perfect destination for your party, whether it may be a small intimate affair or a gathering of up to 46.
Aria's intimate and charming second floor dining room which boasts views of bustling Hanover Street, an open kitchen and a fireplace.
Whatever your private party needs, we are here to accommodate you with the warm hospitality and delicious cuisine you have come to expect from us.
- Private Party Contact: Massimo Tiberi 6177421276x
- Special Events: Fare un Viaggio
Let us take u on a delectable voyage through italy. Indulge your adventurous side with a three course meal designed by our talented culinary team. Each table will get appetizers, a touch of pasta for the table and a different entree for all, Bon Viaggio!!!!
$55 per person, exclusive of beverage, tax and gratuity
wine flight to match $30 per person
A word from Aria Trattoria
Located in Boston's historic North End, Aria Trattoria features a mix of modern and old world Italian cuisine while paying homage to Massimo family roots from abruzzi influences. The menu is built on a foundation of simple, fresh pastas and antipasti, as well as a healthy dose of grilled meats, fish, and poultry dishes. Well-loved favorites like limoncello marinated shrimp, Cavetelli con Agnello, and massimo's grandmother's PorchettaContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Aria Trattoria - Best Restaurants in North End ›
Aria Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (61)fit for foodies (52)romantic (52)special occasion (46)notable wine list (32)scenic view (14)hot spot (11)good for groups (9)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Extraordinary!look4gddiningVIPDined on 8/26/2014Possibly the best restaurant experience in Boston. Absolutely wonderful. Seats approx 40 people; we opted for the Chef's choice: WOW! A must if you love Italian fine dining.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Dinner, too full to finishpatrish95Dined on 8/24/2014Took my mom to Aria for her recent birthday dinner. We had a great two seater at the window. Opted for the 3 course chef's choice meal - did not disappoint. Everything was wonderful and we were too full to finish the last course (a gorgeous steak!). Will definitely come back, hopefully with my husband next time.Special Features:
- Fresh Authentic Italian!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/21/2014My husband and I read reviews on Open Table to find a great Italian restaurant in the North End for dinner on Friday night. We were visiting from Texas for the weekend. The positive reviews were correct. We could not have been more pleased with Aria Trattoria and would definitely recommend it to anyone who loves a good, authentic Italian meal. The owner greeted us at the door and our waiter was fantastic. Wine list was good. We had the most wonderful seasonal appetizer - the figs are a must have! The restaurant was very noisy & vibrant, so you should not expect a romantic quiet evening out. If you are ready for a hot spot with great food, I encourage you to give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love AriaDmg21Dined on 8/18/2014The food is fantastic. The mushroom raviolis are homemade and the best I've had. The service is friendly and will make good suggestions to your questions. This is now my favorite North End restaurant. Request a window seat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014The owner welcomed us to his "home" and we felt like welcome guests. The food was fantastic and the service attentive. They were more than accommodating to our two kids (5 and 8) and made them feel special. I will definitely be recommending Aria to others and will return myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good little spot in the North EndOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014Dined here for our fifth anniversary. Requested the best seats in the house, and they delivered. We got a table by the windows overlooking Hanover St. and the view was wonderful. The service was fantastic and the food was amazing. The caprese salad was especially worth noting. Prepared a little differently, but absolutely delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, Authentic ItalianDarylVIPDined on 8/15/2014Two members of our party have Abruzzese roots, and related instantly to the menu and the preparations. The fresh-made pasta tasted just like it came from my grandmother's kitchen. We all tried something different -- from the swordfish special to the various meats -- and all dishes were spectacular. There is a good selection of wines, and we found one to satisfy all the palettes in our group. The fact that the restaurant is on the second floor keeps you away from the crowds while still enjoying Hanover St. One tip: With all the dessert locations nearby, skip the dessert menu and head across the street to a place like Caffé Vittoria if you want a post-dinner sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Wonderful MealBozemanMikeVIPDined on 8/14/2014Booked Aria Trattoria through OpenTable during a recent business trip to Boston. What a wonderful experience. Cuisine was great, Good value and the service was exquisite. I would definitely come back to this iconic Italian restaurant among the many along Hanover St in North Side BostonSpecial Features:
- wonderful restaurantkitcat810Dined on 8/11/2014I had been given a gift certificate for my birthday to Aria so a friend and I went on a Monday night. It was fantastic. The food was excellent (we went for the chefs choice), the service was outstanding, and we had a table right next to the window looking out over Hanover street. Will definitely try to get back there before we leave Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful findtpourahDined on 8/6/2014Thanks to the reviews we chose wisely. A wonderful special occasion evening. Food, wines, service, tops plus special attention by owner, we will definitely be back. Would also make a great romantic spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Italian GemKathytmVIPDined on 8/6/2014We were visiting the area from Chicago and looking for a great Italian meal in the North End. We sure found it here!! The owner was friendly and an absolute delight. He genuinely seemed interested in our own stories of Italian heritage too - two Italian gals with their Irish husbands. We were treated special as he stopped by the table several times to check on us. Be sure to request the table by the window! Ciao!
- Good-But?VsjegoDined on 8/2/2014This is a good restaurant serving authentic Italian cuisine. However, there are many mom and pop Italian restaurants on Boston's North End. In 3 words...Crowded, expensive, tasty...You can get Crowded and tasty for much less in BostonSpecial Features:
- A Gem in Little ItalyworldtravelerDined on 8/2/2014We loved our dinner at Aria Trattoria. The restaurant is on the second floor of busy Hanover Street, so it is a welcome respite from the weekend crowds in Little Italy. Our server was very helpful, suggesting great wine. The food was delicious. Will return when I'm back in Boston!Special Features:
- FantasticRobnjDined on 8/1/2014We ate here with a group of 6 including 2 tweens. The staff was friendly and knowledgable. The owner visited all of the tables. Pasta was homemade and the steak and pork were cooked perfectly. We would highly recommend this restaurant. Much better than one of the older and more established North End restaurants we went to the next night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!GregBostonDined on 8/1/2014This place never comes up short; great food, amazing service, and and an excellent view of the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Good service and locationCynthiaDined on 7/31/2014Food was only okay, but service and location were both very good.
- Great local findYpsidinerVIPDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I loved the food and the service at this cute restaurant. The owner greeted us and seated us. We really enjoyed spending our anniversary at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/23/2014Food and Service was fantastic The Eggplant Parmesan was really cooked to perfectionSpecial Features:
- Love the voyage thru Italy dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014Come and be entertained by the friendly waiters and indulge in great food. Don't really want anyone else to know about this place as it is very small and intimate and I want it free for when I want to go there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2014First time dining in the north end. Overjoyed with our choice to done at Atria. Warm and inviting greeting by the owner when we arrived. Treated like old friends our entire stay. We got an excellent bottle of wine that the owner recommended & decided to do the 3 course dinner. The food was absolutely amazing! We will definitely be returning on our next trip to Boston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceweloveitDined on 7/18/2014The food is amazing...ingredients fresh and top quality. The waitstaff is attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. We enjoyed both ordering off menu as we'll as the Tour of Italy. We've been twice now and it only keeps getting better.Special Features:
- Fabulous every time!FabulouseverytimeDined on 7/13/2014This is our new Favorite place in the North End. The food is always amazing, portions are a good size, I think it's reasonably priced and the service is outstanding. We have been here at least 5 times in the past 3 months and there is always something new to try and everything is always amazing. I can't say enough about how much we love it here. The owner Massimo makes your dining experience that much better he always remembers you and makes you feel special.Special Features:
- Fantastic dinner in the North EndOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/12/2014My girlfriend and I were visiting Boston for the weekend and decided to have an early dinner at Aria Trattoria based on the positive reviews from OpenTable. This turned out to be a great decision. The restaurant itself is on a second floor overlooking one of the busy North End streets which makes from a nice escape from the bustle of the area (particularly on a busy Saturday). The staff was also friendly and attentive (although a bit over-eager). However, the best part was the food. We chose the tasting menu option and were treated to a delicious selection of items both on and off the menu. The chef and the waiter did a very nice job incorporating our preferences and we had a wonderful time. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Authentic Italian!MikeDined on 7/12/2014We have eaten at many of the Italian restaurants in the North End. This one has the most authentic food. Everything was delicious, the service was timely without rushing us, and the price tag at the end of the evening was reasonable. We have already been back a second time, with a crowd, and our experience was just as good on a Saturday evening as it was on a Thursday evening. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- accommodating and the real dealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014I had requested a Window seat for dinner. While they are limited, the owner read my note when I booked the restraunt. It's a good sign when the owner takes the time to actually read a request and do something about it proactively. This smart attitude permeates the restaurant and everything about it. Service is real and not pretentious. Great spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!BirthdayDined on 7/11/2014Delicious!! Italian classics with a touch of elegance and flavorful combinations that were satisfying and memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gustatory hugAnarmour36VIPDined on 7/10/2014Thanks to Open Table reviews for recommending ARIA. From the welcome at the top of the stairs to the 'when should we plan to come back?!' at the end of the meal, everything in between was a sheer delight! The food is amazing and for wine, check out the 3 estate wines on the left page. We had the Daienero which was a great price for a fabulous wine. Thank you, Massimo!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceEricPDined on 7/5/2014My wife and I loved this place, food is out of this world, service is top notch and couldn't be in a better spot in North End. I look forward to eat there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a great dining spot!MilomiaVIPDined on 7/3/2014We were here a few months ago. Remembered to request table by window to see outside. Owner and waiter both are there to serve and be helpful and welcoming. Consistently good food and service!!! Great white wine list!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ChoiceHopeDined on 6/21/2014We made a last minute reservation and ended up with the best table in the restaurant. The host/owner greeted us warmly and the food was excellent. The only criticism I have is that our waiter flopped our meals down and was pretty ambivalent. My dining companion and I weren't sure what his problem was, but either way it was a great meal.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/21/2014The food was great highly recommend the eggplant. Service was excellent- never felt rushed or interrupted. Excellent choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TommyfromNRNYVIPDined on 6/21/2014My family and I had spent one night in Boston on our way further north. We're New Yorkers. Italian New Yorkers. I checked Aria's reviews on Open Table. Almost all were favorable. We decided to give it a try. We had a 7 o'clock reservation. Got there a few minutes early ... were seated immediately ... and proceeded to order and enjoy some of the most delicious food I've eaten since my grandmother spent all day over the stove 40 years ago. The wait staff was attentive without hovering. The wine list was extensive. And ... the whole experience didn't break the bank. I would definitely recommend Aria Trattoria. I'll definitely revisit it when I'm back in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply FantasticBigfootVIPDined on 6/20/2014After reading numerous Open Table reviews on Italian restaurants in Boston's North End we chose Aria Trattoria and we were delighted with the results. We were seated promptly on arrival for our 7:00 pm Friday night reservation and following reviewer's suggestions we went with the fixed price meal letting the chef choose everything. A couple at the next table had done the same and they had different appetizers, pasta course and entrees than us so it is not a pre-planned selection. All of it was great and the other couple felt the same about their items. And the accompanying wine pairing was very good and worth the extra price. We were near but and right next to the windows and could still enjoy the open to the street feel.Special Features:
- Wonderful meal!Sal7Dined on 6/19/2014Service was great. All waitstaff were helpful and friendly. Food was delicious bad portions good sized. Would definitely return here. Felt like we had discovered a hidden secret spot above busy Hanover Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden treasureJimmyGDined on 6/17/2014The restaurant was a little hard to find - a small sign and located on second floor. An intimate restaurant. We were greeted immediately and shown to a prime table. The waiter was friendly and knowledgeable. My wife had the wild salmon and she said it was one of the best she had ever eaten. The portion was huge and wonderfully prepared and presented. I couldn't decide between two dishes so he arranged for half portions of each dish. The menu provided plenty of choice and, although we don't drink, the wine list appeared adequate. We will definitely go back there again.Special Features:
- Italian Bistro charmBBRancherVIPDined on 6/16/2014Service and food were outstanding. Room small and intimate. The owner went out his way to make the meal an exceptional experience dining experience. I'm an Italian that takes great pride in my cooking and a collector of Italian wine. This restaurant was a pleasure from end to end. I'll go backI would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic North End diningJennyTonyDined on 6/14/2014Fabulous service, quaint and romantic setting. The decor was classy, the food was amazing, the staff was wonderful...loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Nightgonoles62Dined on 6/14/2014We had 8:30 reservations. We got to Aria about 20 minutes early. The owner offered us a table but told us if we waited until our time we would get a better table. We did, and boy was it worth it. Before being seated we had a glass of wine at the very small bar. The bartender was engaging and funny. The owner took us to our table. It was at the window overlooking the street. This restaurant is on the second floor so this was a choice seat as you could enjoy the street below without the people walking by being feet from you. My wife couldn't decide between lobster risotto and Osso Buco. Waiter made her a appetizer size of the risotto. Complimentary Lemoncello for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diner with adult childrenBostonjakeDined on 6/12/2014Fantastic food had by all. Beautiful view and great italian wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodBostonDined on 6/7/2014Very creative limited menu, but excellent food in this small second floor restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.