253 Hanover St., 2nd Flr.
Boston, MA 02113Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.arianorthend.com/
- Phone: (617) 742-1276
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday - 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jason Tucker and Clayton Goncalves
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Aria Trattoria is happy to provide catering options upon request.
- Private Party Facilities: Aria Trattoria is the perfect destination for your party, whether it may be a small intimate affair or a gathering of up to 46.
Aria's intimate and charming second floor dining room which boasts views of bustling Hanover Street, an open kitchen and a fireplace.
Whatever your private party needs, we are here to accommodate you with the warm hospitality and delicious cuisine you have come to expect from us.
- Private Party Contact: Massimo Tiberi 6177421276x
- Special Events: Fare un Viaggio
Let us take u on a delectable voyage through italy. Indulge your adventurous side with a three course meal designed by our talented culinary team. Each table will get appetizers, a touch of pasta for the table and a different entree for all, Bon Viaggio!!!!
$55 per person, exclusive of beverage, tax and gratuity
wine flight to match $30 per person
A word from Aria Trattoria
Located in Boston's historic North End, Aria Trattoria features a mix of modern and old world Italian cuisine while paying homage to Massimo family roots from abruzzi influences. The menu is built on a foundation of simple, fresh pastas and antipasti, as well as a healthy dose of grilled meats, fish, and poultry dishes. Well-loved favorites like limoncello marinated shrimp, Cavetelli con Agnello, and massimo's grandmother's PorchettaContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Aria Trattoria - Best Restaurants in North End ›
Aria Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
1 review since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (1)Show More
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/21/2014The food was great highly recommend the eggplant. Service was excellent- never felt rushed or interrupted. Excellent choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TommyfromNRNYVIPDined on 6/21/2014My family and I had spent one night in Boston on our way further north. We're New Yorkers. Italian New Yorkers. I checked Aria's reviews on Open Table. Almost all were favorable. We decided to give it a try. We had a 7 o'clock reservation. Got there a few minutes early ... were seated immediately ... and proceeded to order and enjoy some of the most delicious food I've eaten since my grandmother spent all day over the stove 40 years ago. The wait staff was attentive without hovering. The wine list was extensive. And ... the whole experience didn't break the bank. I would definitely recommend Aria Trattoria. I'll definitely revisit it when I'm back in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply FantasticBigfootVIPDined on 6/20/2014After reading numerous Open Table reviews on Italian restaurants in Boston's North End we chose Aria Trattoria and we were delighted with the results. We were seated promptly on arrival for our 7:00 pm Friday night reservation and following reviewer's suggestions we went with the fixed price meal letting the chef choose everything. A couple at the next table had done the same and they had different appetizers, pasta course and entrees than us so it is not a pre-planned selection. All of it was great and the other couple felt the same about their items. And the accompanying wine pairing was very good and worth the extra price. We were near but and right next to the windows and could still enjoy the open to the street feel.Special Features:
- Wonderful meal!Sal7Dined on 6/19/2014Service was great. All waitstaff were helpful and friendly. Food was delicious bad portions good sized. Would definitely return here. Felt like we had discovered a hidden secret spot above busy Hanover Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden treasureJimmyGDined on 6/17/2014The restaurant was a little hard to find - a small sign and located on second floor. An intimate restaurant. We were greeted immediately and shown to a prime table. The waiter was friendly and knowledgeable. My wife had the wild salmon and she said it was one of the best she had ever eaten. The portion was huge and wonderfully prepared and presented. I couldn't decide between two dishes so he arranged for half portions of each dish. The menu provided plenty of choice and, although we don't drink, the wine list appeared adequate. We will definitely go back there again.Special Features:
- Italian Bistro charmBBRancherVIPDined on 6/16/2014Service and food were outstanding. Room small and intimate. The owner went out his way to make the meal an exceptional experience dining experience. I'm an Italian that takes great pride in my cooking and a collector of Italian wine. This restaurant was a pleasure from end to end. I'll go backI would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic North End diningJennyTonyDined on 6/14/2014Fabulous service, quaint and romantic setting. The decor was classy, the food was amazing, the staff was wonderful...loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Nightgonoles62Dined on 6/14/2014We had 8:30 reservations. We got to Aria about 20 minutes early. The owner offered us a table but told us if we waited until our time we would get a better table. We did, and boy was it worth it. Before being seated we had a glass of wine at the very small bar. The bartender was engaging and funny. The owner took us to our table. It was at the window overlooking the street. This restaurant is on the second floor so this was a choice seat as you could enjoy the street below without the people walking by being feet from you. My wife couldn't decide between lobster risotto and Osso Buco. Waiter made her a appetizer size of the risotto. Complimentary Lemoncello for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diner with adult childrenBostonjakeDined on 6/12/2014Fantastic food had by all. Beautiful view and great italian wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodBostonDined on 6/7/2014Very creative limited menu, but excellent food in this small second floor restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinning ExpereinceBeBeVIPDined on 6/7/2014Our first time at this restaurant and we have been to many restaurant at the N. End but this one took the 5 star rating! The owner greeted us and was very pleasant and the service was outstanding, Tiago and Domenic were the two that were assigned to our table. Antipasti of grilled shrimp in a lemoncello marinate and the mission figs wrapped in Italian ham was excellent, our meals from their Bolognese sauce, the pork Osso Buco or their slow roasted pork Abbruzzese style was fabulous! The next time we go we decided to try the Chef own selection of a three course meal. Just let the Chef do it's thing for you. It would be like buckle up, relax and just go for the ride. Can't wait to return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentalpresDined on 6/6/2014this restaurant has all you would expect.great food , ambiance and location. we were pleasantly surprised with the attention from both the waits staff and the owner massimoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceRiccardoVIPDined on 6/6/2014Made a last minute reservation through Open Table. Went here because they were offering 1,000 points! We had been here before but took my brother & his wife for the first time. When we first arrived it was very noisy but after the family with kids left we could actually hold a conversation without raising our voices. Only 3 window tables, hope to get one next time. Food is very good but $24 for a pasta dish is a lot.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let them feed you.CathyLDined on 5/28/2014The owner, Massimo greeted us and assisted waiting on us. He recommended that they choose our courses and we went Long. It was a wonderful display. The meatballs for an app were delish as we're the shrimp with pine nuts. Osso bucco, linguine bolognese and a delicious rib eye dish for entrees, all were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceMaddog88Dined on 5/27/2014Visited this locale on a business trip. Service was great, food was very well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic!!!apuigVIPDined on 5/24/2014All around, a great experience. Massimo gets it right with this North End gem. The food is exceptional, the service on point and overall I would say, one of the best pasta places in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findKenGVIPDined on 5/24/2014Second floor gem in the heart of Hanover street. We had the tasting menu with wine flight and for a party of two the variety and quality was top notch. Larger parties will have even more variety but our meal, which included bufala mozzarella, grandma's meatballs, homemade pasta, scallops and osso bucco, along with 3 nicely paired wines, was perfect. Only complaints: 1. we ordered drinks and the tasting at waiters first stop, and appetizers came too fast. One word to take back the hot plate and everything slowed down to the right pace. 2. Tight quarters, we felt like we were crammed in a little close to the party of four next to us. But for the rest, it was well worth it.Special Features:
- Authentic Italian food!luv2eatItalianDined on 5/24/2014I have been to Aria Trattoria many times. Every time I travel to the north end from Chicago, I make sure I have a reservation. The food is the "best". I have traveled the world my entire career and I would place Aria in the top five of those I have had dinner. Great ambiance, great staff, wonderful wine and a romantic spot. Strongly recommend to all who will frequent the north end of Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014The food and service were absolutely excellent. We've been here since last fall and this is probably one of the best meals we've had yet. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Finally... An Amazing DinnerRJKCATDined on 5/23/2014It took us a 200+ mile trip to Boston to find a restaurant with all the qualities we've been looking for: Amazing food, Amazing service, Amazing Ambience... and more. Six of us took advantage of the "Fare un Viaggio" - basically, a food voyage through Italy during which the chef chooses the dishes he feels are the best to try and you just sit back for the ride. And what a ride it was! It's so difficult to find a restaurant with AUTHENTIC Italian flavors, an almost unlimited wine list and meatballs that, I hate to admit, beat my own in consistency and flavor. Between the incredible food, seamless service and the bartender who kept us entertained and REALLY knew how to make our favorite drinks, Aria is the #1 place to visit in the North End!Special Features:
- 2nd floor gemEatdrinknbperryDined on 5/18/2014For a North End Italian restaurant located on the 2nd floor to survive, you know the food is going to be great. We did the chef's tasting menu for our group and it was awesome. Appetizers - Meatballs, lemoncello Shrimp, Charcuterie, Calamari…what a great start! Home made pasta as second course and main courses of Osso Bucco, Steak, seared scallops, house special salmon! We were raving about the meal. Waiter made nice recommendations on wine which were reasonably priced. Best Italian dinner I've had in quite a while. At $55 per person for the tasting menu, I thought it was fairly priced! A great experience.Special Features:
- Fabulous with a capital 'F'!CPatrickWestVIPDined on 5/17/2014Simply put, the food was outstanding! The service was incredible and from everyone, from the host, to the server (Drew), the busboy (Dominic), the host...everyone. We've been to just about every restaurant in the North End, but had not had the pleasure of dining at Aria Trattoria before now. Without a doubt, this fine restaurant has become our new North End favorite and for so many reasons. Did I mention the food? I had the porchetta, which was to die for; my husband had the osso buco, which was ridiculously good...and the crispy polenta!! Wow. Our only regret is that we no longer live in Boston, otherwise we'd eat here every week. Yes, it's THAT good!Special Features:
- The very best meatballs!!FoodieDined on 5/16/2014The restaurant is very small, but that doesn't take away from the ambience, the food, service.... Started at the bar while waiting for the rest of our group. The bar tender poured me 3 tastes of wine before I found one I liked. That kind of service was displayed throughout the night. One in our party couldn't decide between 2 dishes and the server suggested half dishes of both. Worked out well. Got to give a shout out for the meatballs. We eat in the North End frequently, and these are the best I've had.Special Features:
- Very Nice SurpriseSouthboroughVIPDined on 5/15/2014We found this via Open Table and found it to be very nice. they welcomed you to their 2nd home and had the table already set for our party when we arrived. The host was charming. Our appitizers were very good and the portions were easily shared. Entrees were cooked to perfection...including the veggies. I have only to comments and they relate to the wine service. It took quite some time for us to order wine and the server "glugged" the wine every time he filled or refilled and it splattered. Good wine needs to be eased out of the bottle. So I would suggest they serve wine with the goal of not bruising the grapes. We will be back to see how they do.Special Features:
- Always best food and service!!!PeriDined on 5/11/2014Will be back again. Food is phenomenal, Real Italian style entrees and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little findTerriBDined on 5/9/2014We made last minute reservation here when my parents and in laws were visiting from out of town. Was a little unsure what it would be like as we booked a table for 6 the same day for 7pm on a saturday. So didn't think it would be great as normally all the good places are booked up. But we were very pleasantly surprised, it was a great experience. The food is delicious, very fresh and tasty, homemade pasta is so yummy. The service was great, good wine list. We got a great seat by the window and the atmosphere was lovely. The only reason I wouldn't give it 5 stars is it was a little small and a little noisy. Not really a problem for me, but my parents found that was the only drawback. We will definitely be back though, loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal we had in BostonTheCliffVIPDined on 5/3/2014We originally had a reservation for two, but two friends decided to join us for dinner. Although I thought I had changed my reservation to four on Opentable, apparently it didn't stick. When we showed up at Aria Trattoria, the host said he could only accommodate four at the bar. At first I was pretty disappointed, but it was a blessing in disguise. The bartender made amazing recommendations, and I couldn't be happier that we ended up at the bar. The food was outstanding, as was the service. We will definitely go back during our next trip to Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DougDined on 5/2/2014Entirely average food. Certainly not a Open Table Top 10 experience. Clams casino, pasta with veg, swordfish all flat and a bit bland.
- Fitting replacement for MarcoToniottDined on 4/26/2014Husband and I dined here on several occasions under previous owner. Happy to say that new place is just as good. It's tight in there, but nice. Lovely if you can get a spot by the windows. Service was great. A little worried when couple who was seated a few minutes after us got beverages before we did, but server caught up. Limoncello shrimp were great. 6 shrimp so a big appetizer portion. I had lobster risotto; hubby, bolognese. I'd have to tip my hat to the bolognese - fantastic. Good bread, too. Enough leftovers for another dinner. Expensive, but we'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great service = wonderful eveningCTrunDined on 4/20/2014Imagine how busy Marathon weekend is, on top of Easter. Yet, the staff at Aria managed a last-minute increase on our party with grace. Our waiter and busboy were charming, prompt, and knowledgeable . The grilled swordfish special and frutti di mar special we're both outstanding, as was the mushroom ravioli. I would love to return on a less busy weekend and relax there for a longer meal!Special Features:
- Pre-MarathonjmathiesenDined on 4/20/2014My wife and I were looking for a spot to eat before running the Boston Marathon. I wanted to have pasta but she prefers seafood and not a lot of dairy. this spot fit the bill for both of us. the location was fun in the north end and the food was top notch. the scallops my wife enjoyed were cooked perfectly and served up perfectly. the pasta I had was rich but not overpowering.Special Features:
- NiraDined on 4/19/2014Fantastic Place! Everyone from the host to the bartender to the wait staff are incredible. Excellent Food!I would recommend this to a friend.
- algelDined on 4/19/2014We chose the 3-course prix-fixe option, with wine pairings. We let the chef choose, and every course was superb. The wines also were exquisite.Special Features:
- Good StuffdexdeDined on 4/18/2014The food was great. The fettuccine bolognese, the bucatini alla amatriciana, the osso buco, everything. The service was great and the place is really nice and cozy. The only setback is that is pretty tightly packed (like most place in Boston and like all places in North End) and this makes for a noisy dinner. But is normal, expected. All in all, it was great! Highly recommended. Oh, not a cheap place, of course (it's North End), but it's OK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent environment. veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/15/2014excellent environment. very nice owners and authentic Italian from Abruzzi. excellent real imported mozzarella di bufala in the appetizers. perfectly cooked al dente bucatini authentic Abruzzi style porchetta excellent wine selection and good recommendationsI would recommend this to a friend.
- Aria Rocks!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2014The food is great! My boyfriend and I found Aria one night looking for somewhere to have dinner in the North End! We have been back and the service and food were great. We enjoy sitting at the bar. Love Gil!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal!RicoVIPDined on 4/11/2014Had a most excellent dinner Friday evening in a corner table overlooking Hanover street. The food was excellent, as we started with the caprice salad while I had the Salmon special and my date had a delicious pasta dish, along with a nice Italian red wine. The service was excellent, especially young Dominic, who was a treat. Massimo runs a very nice restaurant operation that he refers to as his 2nd home.Special Features:
- Worth the visitTleaceDined on 4/9/2014A place to dine at when visiting Boston. If one lives in Boston then you should go often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this restaurantKathrynWVIPDined on 4/5/2014I have been here twice and I don't know that I can say enough good things about this restaurant. The space is adorable, the service is excellent, the staff is friendly, and the food is excellent! The first time we went, we had the 3 course chef selection. The Lemoncello Shrimp is simply one of the best things I have ever eaten. The pasta was fresh and delicious, and the scallops and prime rib was amazing. This time we all enjoyed a pasta dish...and it was excellent. If you are looking for a special night out, I would suggest you go here! Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014The food was excellent, great wine selection and recommendation, and it was very quiet and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.