253 Hanover St., 2nd Flr.
Boston, MA 02113Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.arianorthend.com/
- Phone: 6177421276x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday - 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jason Tucker and Clayton Goncalves
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Aria Trattoria is happy to provide catering options upon request.
- Private Party Facilities: Aria Trattoria is the perfect destination for your party, whether it may be a small intimate affair or a gathering of up to 46.
Aria's intimate and charming second floor dining room which boasts views of bustling Hanover Street, an open kitchen and a fireplace.
Whatever your private party needs, we are here to accommodate you with the warm hospitality and delicious cuisine you have come to expect from us.
- Private Party Contact: Massimo Tiberi 6177421276x
- Special Events: Fare un Viaggio
Let us take u on a delectable voyage through italy. Indulge your adventurous side with a three course meal designed by our talented culinary team. Each table will get appetizers, a touch of pasta for the table and a different entree for all, Bon Viaggio!!!!
$55 per person, exclusive of beverage, tax and gratuity
wine flight to match $30 per person
A word from Aria Trattoria
Located in Boston's historic North End, Aria Trattoria features a mix of modern and old world Italian cuisine while paying homage to Massimo family roots from abruzzi influences. The menu is built on a foundation of simple, fresh pastas and antipasti, as well as a healthy dose of grilled meats, fish, and poultry dishes. Well-loved favorites like limoncello marinated shrimp, Cavetelli con Agnello, and massimo's grandmother's PorchettaContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Aria Trattoria - Best Restaurants in North End ›
Aria Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (64)fit for foodies (61)romantic (54)special occasion (47)notable wine list (36)scenic view (15)hot spot (9)good for groups (8)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Authentic Italian MealMGM1VIPDined on 10/18/2014Great food at a reasonable price. They honored our reservation on time. The service was excellent. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Expensive but worth it!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014We had a great dinner and fun evening here. We had the Fare un Viaggio which is a menu that includes an appetizer, pasta and an entree and it is left up to the chef to decide what to serve you. You can state your preferences or allergies and our only request was no ribeye! We had the limoncello marinated shrimp and their signature meatballs to start and both were excellent. Our server brought us their special appetizer that night as well at no extra charge.The pasta dish was cooked al dente and was just the right amount. We had the Osso Buco for an entree and while it wasn't something we would normally order we enjoyed it along with the crispy polenta which we both thought was too salty but good. Great service, great wine. We will return.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Everything was excellent from the table wine to the excellent appetizers and meal to the ambiance. Sat by 2nd floor window awesome! felt like Italy. Romantic! The eggplant was the best we ever had. Had two bottles house wine- excellent. Split the eggplant appetizer and had the Lobster Risotto-superb. You will want to order the eggplant for each person too small and too good to split. Met another couple in from out of town. All running late due to traffic, called & no problem used the valet parking $20.00 and well worth it, we made our reservation on time. Met owner. Walked the waterfront all came back to enjoy wine at the bar. The waiter noticed I was hot and adjusted the AC The waiters and bartender all great made the night special. Go!Special Features:
- Chef's Menu Delight!BostonNorthEnderVIPDined on 10/16/2014We stopped into Aria on Thursday night after our plan to go to Volle Nolle was abandoned by a long wait. We originally thought we would have to settle for something less fantastic but were completely surprised with the outstanding meal Aria delivered! We decided to go with the chef's tasting menu, a three course meal where you leave all meal choices up to the chef, with the exception of allergies/dislikes of course. Everything brought to the table was fresh, delicious and exploding with flavor. Thank you so much Aria for a delightful Thursday meal!Special Features:
- North End GemBigdaddyDined on 10/16/2014Great evening. Best restaurant we have eaten at on the North End of Boston. Our group opted for the planned menu and were not disappointed. It gave us the chance to experience everything on the menu. Particularly liked the grilled calamari, rib eye, swordfish, and shrimp appetizer but all was great.Special Features:
- Nice meal!LindaDined on 10/12/2014Ate here on a Sunday night and had a very nice meal with excellent service. By the time we left, around 8pm, it was beginning to get loud. Would certainly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior Food and ServicejillalexVIPDined on 10/11/2014Packed restaurant; space small and tight, tables very near one another, loud. Best spots are those by the window, which I will request next time-and there WILL be a next time! I indicated in Comments on my reservation that is was our anniversary. The owner told our server to make it a special meal. As we were deciding among the amazing-sounding options, I pointed to the Tasting Menu. Our server whisked away our menus and told us it was the best way to go, trust them. We detailed our food aversions, and on the meal came. Generous portions of delectable shrimp and Mom's recipe meatballs. Perfectly al dente Bolognese. Succulent osso buco and butter-like, juicy scallops. OMG, heaven! A mean to remember. PS: Valet available at Bricco.Special Features:
- Nice evening at AriaCgaarVIPDined on 10/11/2014Six people split three salads and a salumi appetizer, and then we had main courses. Five of six chose pasta and all were satisfied. The Rigatoni was delicious. They have a well priced Brunello di Montalcino on their menu that I recommend.Special Features:
- great little placeSUZEVIPDined on 10/10/2014This place was tiny! reservations are a must. The staff was friendly and attentive but not overly so. The food was fantastic. Would definitely come back to Aria again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional PerformancetravelwithcousinsDined on 10/10/2014We dined with guests at Aria Trattoria before attending a concert at the Garden and found everything exceptional. The service was crisp, attentive, while not intrusive. The food was outstanding. Our only regret was that we ate too much because our dishes were irresistible and we couldn't stop when we should have.Special Features:
- Good Boston Italian!!LAFNYCVIPDined on 10/8/2014Owner spent time talking to us. Very friend staff. Good food. Great location.Special Features:
- Great mealDartjonVIPDined on 10/5/2014We wanted to eat in the North End during our visit to Boston, so I read Open Table reviews, which led me to select Aria Trattoria. We could not have selected better. I would rate this restaurant as one of the best for Italian food in our experience. Add to that impeccable service and Aria Trattoria is a true winner.Special Features:
- Always a great time!JPTierneyDined on 10/4/2014We stop in Aria Trattoria just about every time we are in Boston and always leaving looking forward to our next visit. Service and food are what you get at Aria, always under the watchful eye of Massimo the owner. Check it out, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- could not have been happierDavekDined on 9/27/2014First time there everything was very good. We let them pick our meal, just gave them a few likes and dislikes they did all of the rest. PERFECTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food but noisyTbelmontVIPDined on 9/26/2014Enjoyed the appetizers the most. Recommend doing a meal of apps. Pretty good wine list . Attentive service. Acoustics are horrible though . Cannot hear person acrSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place! Can't wait to go back!Macmommy3Dined on 9/26/2014Awesome food! Awesome service! Definitely recommend the three course chefs menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great North End dinnerMJFinDined on 9/25/2014Great menu, excellent food, attentive and friendly service. A wonderful Nirth End restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad for north endSangrialoverDined on 9/25/2014North End overall has gotten very touristy and overpriced. You can get much better Italian food than Aria outside the North End. That being said, the ambiance here was great as was thee service. Located right next to famous Modern Pastry, this is a good choice if you want to be in the North End. Also,,the menu is not just the usual Marsala, parmigiana, piccata on veal, chicken etc. that most places offer. As a Bostonian, if I have guests from out of town that are not on a budget and really want to see the North End, I would go to aria again.Special Features:
- Great dining experiencebuckeyefoodieDined on 9/25/2014We had a lovely evening at Aria. We were greeted by the owner. Our table in the second floor restaurant overlooked busy Hanover Street on a warm Autumn night; the window was open and the entire small dining room was inviting. Service was friendly and prompt. We enjoyed the meatballs as an appetizer, and then moved on to a seafood and homemade pasta dish and a grilled scallop and vegetable dish. Both were flavorful and nicely prepared. We would certainly return to this "neighborhood gem."Special Features:
- New favorite North End Restaurantyumzie09Dined on 9/16/2014The owner waited on our table which made it an intimate dining experience, and the delicious food from his Italian grandmother's recipe book was absolutely incredible. The Bon Viaggio food tour is definitely the way to go, let the house take care of you! It is WELL WORTH the full family-style Italian experience. Make sure to interact with the owner, he is a great guy, and ask about his daughter (who the restaurant is named after), she is adorable! Definitely my new favorite restaurant in the North End.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findteach1VIPDined on 9/16/2014we loved this restaurant. Our waiter was delightful and vey efficient. We loved our food and the atmosphere. we got the swordfish special and it was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic service/great GF optionsKASIIVIPDined on 9/16/2014first time dining here, the owner massimo was the ultimate host. convinced us to "trust him" & we did the "Fare un Viaggio" (3 course prix fixe) it was outstanding. superb attention & menu selections for anyone with a Gluten allergy. (our new "go to place" in north end) HIGHLY RECOMMEND this restaurantSpecial Features:
- Would eat the whole menuBostonTexasDined on 9/15/2014Not the actual menu, but everything on it. Small intimate dining room, which leads to very personal service from friendly and professional staff. Very fresh ingredients used to make several Italian staples and some creative specials. Could easily stop in for a one or two course dinner or stretch it out to a traditional four or five course Italian meal. Nice wine menu too with good recommendations for pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/13/2014Still one of our favorites in the North End. Loved that we could do a half-and-half of two types of pasta because we wouldn't have wanted to miss either.Special Features:
- Fantastic foodLuvitalianDined on 9/13/2014The food was phenomenal, we chose the chef's choice which was amazing we loved everything, each course was just perfect, we were not rushed. The noise level started to get a little loud as the restaurant filled up, but it was manageable. The only I would point out is in most other reviews they talk about how friendly the owner is, but we didn't find him very friendly at all he was at the door when we came in , he said " how many" " do u have reservations" we did notice if he new the people at different tables he was bringing them food, stopping by asking how things were offering wine suggestions, but he never came to our table and we were there 2 1/2 hours having great food, too bad he can't just be friendly to everyone!Special Features:
- PROFOUNDLY MEDIOCREfoodieVIPDined on 9/6/2014The noise level in this restaurant is oppressive. As for the food, my lobster risotto was tasteless. Now how can lobster be tasteless. There was a tomato cream sauce that had no taste. My husband had a veal chop that was equally bland and unacceptable. My salad was okay, so how can you screw up a salad. I also did not like that the waiter kept addressing me as "young lady." Now I look pretty good, and I'm 72.
- North end favoritedabradVIPDined on 8/31/2014This was by far the best meal we have every had in the north end of Boston. The servers were outstanding. Just the right amount of attention to food and beverage without being a nuisance. The meat ball appetizer and lamb skewers started the meal. Both were perfect and delicious. The rib eye and fries were good. The fries were almost as good as the steak. The Fruitti De Mare way among the best I have eaten. Absolutely one of the best restaurants in Boston.Special Features:
- ExcellentMak58VIPDined on 8/30/2014We discovered this gem last year when dropping off our daughter to college. The owner takes great pride in the food and service and has been physically present each time. Like the old fashioned restaurant or any business for that matter there is a big difference having the owner on the premises. We have eaten here 5 times so far, each time we visit from Florida and have not been disappointed. The restaurant is on a second floor and has a cozy, comfortable ambience. They have a very nice wine list to compliment the menu. I would recommend the meatballs and fish specials but I have not had a bad meal.Special Features:
- Fabulous place!FashioncoachDined on 8/30/2014Excellent food, VERY attentive waitstaff, intimate setting and fair prices...what more could you ask for? It was our first visit to Aria Trattoria and we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Hidden GemsaskinsDined on 8/29/2014On the second level, Aria overlooks the bustling North End. The ambiance is modern and hip but the food is authentic Italian.Special Features:
- Nice mealOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/28/2014Very pleasant Rest Week meal at Aria where they had a nice choice of apps and entrees. The shrimp was esp. good, 5 large shrimp with capers, some salad. Rigatoni bolognese was fine but not as rich as some and the pasta seemed very al dente. Cute place, nice service.
- Extraordinary!look4gddiningVIPDined on 8/26/2014Possibly the best restaurant experience in Boston. Absolutely wonderful. Seats approx 40 people; we opted for the Chef's choice: WOW! A must if you love Italian fine dining.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Dinner, too full to finishpatrish95Dined on 8/24/2014Took my mom to Aria for her recent birthday dinner. We had a great two seater at the window. Opted for the 3 course chef's choice meal - did not disappoint. Everything was wonderful and we were too full to finish the last course (a gorgeous steak!). Will definitely come back, hopefully with my husband next time.Special Features:
- DeliciousFoodisGoodDined on 8/23/2014Dinner for my wife and I: It was a wonderful dining experience. No doubt this ranks in the top 10 of dining experiences. We chose the three course meal for $55 and for $30 each we had a wine flight. We let the waiter choose all selections, telling him that my wife would like seafood and white wine, me anything with red wine. Apps were calamari and meatballs; both were good. Main course was scallops and pork Abruzzi (which was amazing, their signature dish). Also both of us were served a spaghetti after apps which was very good. Desert was tiramisu and it did not disappoint. Service was excellent throughout the meal. Waiter's wine and food choices were excellent.Special Features:
- Fresh Authentic Italian!MamaPDined on 8/21/2014My husband and I read reviews on Open Table to find a great Italian restaurant in the North End for dinner on Friday night. We were visiting from Texas for the weekend. The positive reviews were correct. We could not have been more pleased with Aria Trattoria and would definitely recommend it to anyone who loves a good, authentic Italian meal. The owner greeted us at the door and our waiter was fantastic. Wine list was good. We had the most wonderful seasonal appetizer - the figs are a must have! The restaurant was very noisy & vibrant, so you should not expect a romantic quiet evening out. If you are ready for a hot spot with great food, I encourage you to give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love AriaDmg21Dined on 8/18/2014The food is fantastic. The mushroom raviolis are homemade and the best I've had. The service is friendly and will make good suggestions to your questions. This is now my favorite North End restaurant. Request a window seat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014The owner welcomed us to his "home" and we felt like welcome guests. The food was fantastic and the service attentive. They were more than accommodating to our two kids (5 and 8) and made them feel special. I will definitely be recommending Aria to others and will return myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good little spot in the North EndOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014Dined here for our fifth anniversary. Requested the best seats in the house, and they delivered. We got a table by the windows overlooking Hanover St. and the view was wonderful. The service was fantastic and the food was amazing. The caprese salad was especially worth noting. Prepared a little differently, but absolutely delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, Authentic ItalianDarylVIPDined on 8/15/2014Two members of our party have Abruzzese roots, and related instantly to the menu and the preparations. The fresh-made pasta tasted just like it came from my grandmother's kitchen. We all tried something different -- from the swordfish special to the various meats -- and all dishes were spectacular. There is a good selection of wines, and we found one to satisfy all the palettes in our group. The fact that the restaurant is on the second floor keeps you away from the crowds while still enjoying Hanover St. One tip: With all the dessert locations nearby, skip the dessert menu and head across the street to a place like Caffé Vittoria if you want a post-dinner sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Wonderful MealBozemanMikeVIPDined on 8/14/2014Booked Aria Trattoria through OpenTable during a recent business trip to Boston. What a wonderful experience. Cuisine was great, Good value and the service was exquisite. I would definitely come back to this iconic Italian restaurant among the many along Hanover St in North Side BostonSpecial Features: