25 York St.
Toronto, ON M5J 2V5Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
ItalianPrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://ariaristorante.ca/
- Phone: 4163632742x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday:Lunch 11:30am - 2:30pm , Dinner 5:00pm - 10pm . Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Aria Ristorante
Aria offers genuine Italian fine dining in a contemporary urban setting. Aria is owned by Guido Saldini and Elena Morelli the proprietors of Noce Restaurant, which for almost 20 years has helped set the standard for Italian cuisine in Toronto. Just as he did in the kitchen at Noce, Aria’s Executive Chef Eron Novalski spares no expense in sourcing the freshest, highest quality ingredients to create dishes of elegant simplicity.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Aria Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (16)notable wine list (14)good for groups (12)fit for foodies (12)great for lunch (11)romantic (9)hot spot (5)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Strike 3OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2014This is the third time we have eaten at Aria prior to a concert at the ACC. This last time, we added even more time (1 ½ hours) to ensure that we were able to get to the concert on time. Once again, we had to forgo the desert and coffee because of the slow service. Before, some of our company didn’t even finish their main entrée. The servers were truly good but they are understanffed and there is no excuse when you are the closest restaurant to a venue such as the ACC. It is easier to forgo the mediocre food if you have expediency on your side – hence why some people choose to go to a nearby pub. Unfortunately, Aria’s mediocre food and slow service means that we will go elsewhere prior to events at the ACC.
- Don't miss itNassDined on 8/21/2014Great food and services. I love it, you need to make a visit and discover the friendly and best in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2014Great entries especially and attentive but not overly obtrusive service. decor also great. Not inexpensive, but we all felt value was there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2014Great ambiance! service was good and food was excellent! Great Lunch specials!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Meal and ServiceMoDukes1Dined on 7/13/2014Attended for a pre-concert dinner, sat outside on the patio. Excellent meal and service and impressive wine list. Would not hesitate to recommend.Special Features:
- While Toronto this one failedMJCEMTPVIPDined on 7/10/2014This Resturant's specialty is Italian, I have eaten Italian all over the world including Italy. This is one of the worst by far. The red sauce was no better than a canned sauce. In addition, the meal was extremely overpriced. There are so many other Resturant's in Toronto, go some place else.
- Excellent food and serviceFeedMePlsDined on 6/29/2014The decor at Aria is beautiful, especially at night, but it is the food that keeps us coming back. We found this restaurant recently and have enjoyed their food and service on two separate occasions. The food is flavorful, well prepared and perfectly proportioned. We know that we'll enjoy many more meals at Aria in the future.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/11/2014I had the Greens salad and I absolutely loved it. However, a few people I was dining with had the salmon and the steak, they both loved it however, their only complaint was the side portions, they were given very little. Also, we waited a very long time for our food to be served and when they finally brought it out the waitress who served us seemed very upset. Whatever happened to service with a smile? I'm not sure if she was upset because a member of our group asked when the food was coming out...but in any case, service with a smile goes a long way. The waiter, was wonderful as always. He served me before as well, and I have no complaints at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JulieVIPDined on 6/10/2014A surprisingly superb restaurant near the ACC. The food is fantastic, and the specials are unique yet complement their menu. All of the staff were polite and helpful (no Toronto pretension here), and our waiter was surprisingly knowledgeable about their wine selection. He was able to make recommendations for dinner and wine to suit our tastes, without trying to upsell us outside of our already generous price range for wine. I can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Aria - MMPookieVIPDined on 5/31/2014We were very disappointed in Aria on Saturday May 31st. Although we had been there before, and had enjoyed it, there was a real change that evening. We arrived at 7:45 PM for our 8:00 PM reservation, and ordered a cocktail. The restaurant was only 1/3 full, but the service was very slow. My wife ordered the ravioli, and even though there were not many patrons that evening, they ran out of the ravioli. I ordered a pasta appetizer, and it was so salty that I sent it back. They removed both appetizers from our bill, but Aria just isn't the same as it used to be. We were looking forward to having the wild boar parpadelle, but it was no longer on the menu. We left at 9:45 PM - much too long an evening, and very disappointing.Special Features:
- First TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014Went to Aria for the first time on a friends recommendation as the best Italian in the city. The location threw me a little bit, as it reflected a business lunch/pre Leafs game sort of joint. We were there on a Saturday, Leafs were playing golf and it was pretty quiet. However and as recommended, the food was spectacular and the service was outstanding. Very impressed, would definitely recommend and look forward to my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not greatdailydinerDined on 5/3/2014Given the good reviews by Toronto Life I thought it would be a very decent dinner and it wasn't. The deli board for $19 only had prosciutto on it and the pastas were luke warm and not up to fine dining Italian standards. Would never go back and am quite upset I did not go to Noce as I originally planned.
- SpectacularGreatFoodTOVIPDined on 5/1/2014A great restaurant. Went for a birthday and everyone loved what they had. I ate the calamari and the lobster pasta. Highly recommend both!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 345 reviews are from the Aria Ristorante reviews archive.
- TERRIBLEViopVIPDined on 4/30/2014The experience at Aria is unbelievably TERRIBLE!!! My girlfriend and I went there before a Raptor's game (arrived there at 6pm for a 7:30pm game), at the time the restaurant wasn't full at all and we ordered everything as soon as we got seated. However, we haven't got served with our order until 7:25!! I talked to our waiter multiple times, at first he kept telling us it would only take 1 more minute, after a while, the only response I got was"you guys arrived at 6pm for a 7:30 NBA game next door, it's your own fault for being late"????? And his tone was so rude!!! Several other diners argued with the manager as well and the restaurant just kept denying their fault. BE NICE TO YOURSELF & AVOID this restaurant!
- Enjoyable EveningDaisyDined on 4/30/2014I was looking for a nice restaurant before the Raptors' game and was not disappointed. We were immediately asked if we were attending the game and then advised to order promptly to ensure we had enough time to enjoy our dinner. The food was good but not amazing. The location is fantastic if you are going to the ACC. The only negative (not a big one), was the washrooms are not in the restaurant, but in the office tower's lobby. The host escorts you to the washroom and unlocks the door. I would rate this restaurant a "B".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant is very prettyFoodloverDined on 4/3/2014The restaurant is very pretty inside. Food was alright. It came in small portions, which we knew from reading other reviews. Another downside was that the washrooms were outside of the restaurant, and you need a keycard to get in, which we always had to ask the waiters for.Special Features:
- Great Location but not worth itJP19Dined on 3/31/2014We found the food to be very expensive for the quality. It is located in a great area and a very lovely set up, but I feel it was not as good as I expected it to be.
- Dinner At AriaMagadonDined on 3/14/2014Let me start off by saying that the food was very good and the service was adequate. When I go to high end restaurants I usually expect the portion size to be on the smaller size. At Aria is was very small, to the point that I left feeling ripped off. We ended up going home and making a snack because we were both still a bit hungry after spending $150 on food (that included one drink). For that reason I won't be coming back.
- Great experiencetoukolouDined on 3/13/2014We had a terrific meal at Aria. We arrived to a pretty empty dining room that was positively jumping by the time we left. Good food (though the veal chop, while a very nice sized portion, would have benefited from a more interesting garnish than an arugula and cherry tomato salad, particularly for $39; the veal cheeks on the other hand, were both ample and divine), good service, great ambiance and an unbeatable location for catching a show at the ACC. We would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, we had a good experience,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2014Overall, we had a good experience, but it wasn't great. The appetizer was very good, but the main just average. The hostess was lovely, but our waiter could have been more attentive. Can't say I'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not totally satisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2014The ambiance, location to the ACC along with staff and service was fantastic. However the meal was not as notable. The richness and saltiness was over whelming. To the point that it irritated my throat with every swallow. As I attempted to explain to our server, he spoke over me and didn't listen to what I was saying. He spoke as if he didn't anticipate the complaint and told me to enjoy. The pricy menu did not match the taste. Our party of four was not impressed.
- Great first visitJulieVIPDined on 3/7/2014It was my first time there and I was very impressed. The wait staff were attentive and obviously used to attending to people who were there before an event. The food was world class--some of the best fresh gnocchi I ever had. The wine list was impressive and we'll maintained. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait timeFoodieDined on 3/5/2014Service was very slow, despite the fact that the restaurant was not full. Waiter had no sense of urgency, no apologies for the wait. Was not attentive at all.Special Features:
- A Hidden Gem4HallsVIPDined on 3/5/2014A delightful restaurant hidden in an office building. A limited but well executed menu. Friendly and helpful servers. My third visit and it is consistently very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Simply LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/5/2014A cheerfully elegant ambiance. Warm and bright. Service was efficient without annoyance. Food quantity (perfect for a lunchtime meal), presentation and taste: all just perfect! My guest and I each selected house wine (one white, one red), both lovely. We each had a different pasta: both incredible. I tend to live vicariously via the dessert menu, that is to say, I don't generally have dessert unless something really leaps off the page at me but I always like to know what's on offer. I could see that there was a nice selection but as a chocaholic, if I don't see 'death-by-chocolate' or the equivalent thereof, I pass. This restaurant is a real find and a definite favourite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time's a charm!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014It was our first visit, and although the reservation system had a glitch and we were not registered, the owners opened up early and welcomed us even though they were fully booked. The place quickly filled up, the mood was energetic, and the music previewed our upcoming concert with Sting and Paul Simon. Very thoughtful! The Scallops were tender and buttery, just right. The pasta was flavourful and again, just right. Service was very attentive. Overall excellent. Would highly recommend. Sue SpizziriSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terribly disappointing - skip it!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/1/2014It was a busy night and they were brutally Ill prepared. We were seated beside the busy swinging kitchen door. Service was SLOW, and they were out of the branzino I ordered. Then they were also out of my second choice! It is a small menu and there weren't many other menu items I wanted, so I asked for a minimal pasta on the dish I settled on - of course it arrived as pretty much a pasta only dish. Fortunately the concert we attended afterwards was wonderful, helping us to salvage the evening. Aria was a truly miserable experience - don't even think about going there on a busy night.
- Didn't lovebrandcVIPDined on 3/1/2014Found the reception rather cool upon arrival. Our server, Michael, was helpful and knowledgable. We ordered the burrata appetizer to share. The presentation was nothing special--burrata opened at table with grilled bread and a smear of pear puree with a few walnuts. My husband enjoyed his branzino which he said was very good, as was my ravioli. While the design was inspired, the feeling of the restaurant was too open, lacking intimacy. The tables were too close together, making private conversation difficult--could hear adjacent diners' conversations. The main reason we didn't love our experience was because we felt a cold blast of air every time the door opened, which happened frequently, and was very distracting. Would not return.
- Wonderful Gourmet Feast Before PulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2014Chose Aria because of the close proximity to the ACC. We had an excellent meal. Booked for 5:00 pm so we wouldn't be rushed, due to the other reviews on slow service. Our waiter was friendly and knowledgeable. The appetizers came promptly, as was the main course. Food was beautifully presented, superbly seasoned and well prepared. Saffron seafood pasta was to die for. My husband really enjoyed the slow cooked veal cheeks. Great Chef. As things got busier, the less we saw of our waiter. The dessert took 55 min to come, and that was 45 after our coffee arrived. They either need more wait staff or more help in the kitchen to respond to a full house. We loved our dinner and would definitely return. Great for a pre-ACC dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and fabulousLoreneBDined on 2/28/2014Great service and fabulous food, Beautiful decor and the staff are very welcoming. I would recommend to anyone wanting a special meal prior to an event or making the meal the event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- on the way to a concertmummyfoodieDined on 2/26/2014options are limited when wanting to eat close to the ACC. This is good and close to the venue. I would go there again before an event. Everything was great…just don't order the Tuna appetizer, it can with tons of raisins (not a good compliment to such a beautiful fish)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DateValentinesDayVisitorDined on 2/14/2014Went there for valentines day with my gf. It was romantic as I has hoped. Fine dining. Good service. Dinner for two at $100. Very nice interior design. Recommended. Only downside is as usual in fine dining, you may leave a little hungry :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines dinnerDinningVetDined on 2/14/2014Made reservations for Valentines day and a day prior to they called to confirm. The day-of, I must say everything went smoothly, despite being a touch short-staffed. All facets of the meal were great. The service (Mark) was superb and food quality was excellent. My only areas of complaint would be the bread (not very good) and the wine list. Despite being many pages deep, it had too many 'trophy wines' and hardly any local offerings. With over 200+ wineries in our backyard (Ontario) we have some great local wines being produced. They could have offered more than 2 wines, and that I where I often look to buy first. Overall I would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocrityfoodiepatoodieDined on 2/14/2014apps were fantastic/ entrees very expensive and mediocre / wouldnt go back after I visited for the first timeSpecial Features:
- Great food, service greatly lackingEauyeungDined on 2/13/2014The food was superb, however the service left little to be desired. We arrived at 12:15 as per my reservation and was seated immediately. Which we took as a great start to our meal, and the server came to our table soon after to take our order. And this is where the service went downhill. We waited over 15 minutes for our appetizers to arrive. We chalked that up to it being a little busy. However we had to wait another 15-20 minutes for our entrées to arrive. As what we thought would be a nice one hour lunch between meetings ended up taking almost two hours. The wait for our dessert took the longest, almost 25 minutes with no explanation from our server even when we had to follow up with him. All we got was "it's coming".
- Amazing food, unique viewJChimeraDined on 2/12/2014Really amazing food, and a view of Maple Leaf Square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive and poor quality foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/10/2014The food at Aria was one of the worse lunches I've had in a very long time. It took them almost 40 minutes to bring the order. The calamari was undercooked. The beef and my friend's salted cod (despite the name, it is not supposed to be very salty) had so much salt, it was almost inedible.
- lower than expectation is not worthsunfishDined on 2/8/2014Party of four on sat night 7pm. The place is not busy at all. Food is salty. Waiter is rude and careless. Diskes are dumped on table when ready. Food fall apart and mess up. The waiter not even say sorry. When pick up the dishes, the waiter drop the folk and knife on the floor. Everyone is looking at our table. What a enjoyable nightSpecial Features:
- Bright and CleanWeluvitDined on 2/7/2014Aria was a pleasant surprise, so much light coming through many windows, lovely lighting inside and friendly waiter Leonardo. Food was delicious and cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful WInterliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/6/2014A group of 5 of us went for winterlicious. I arrived early and sat at the bar and after about 5 minutes had to request a cocktail list. In fairness they were trying to get diners out for a concert that was about to start. Once we were seated everything was wonderful. The wine was very reasonably priced, and delicious. The food was incredible. Our table raved over the scallops and the veal. We will definitely be back.Special Features: