25 York St.
Toronto, ON M5J 2V5Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
ItalianPrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://ariaristorante.ca/
- Phone: (416) 363-2742
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday:Lunch 11:30am - 2:30pm , Dinner 5:00pm - 10pm . Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Aria Ristorante
Aria offers genuine Italian fine dining in a contemporary urban setting. Aria is owned by Guido Saldini and Elena Morelli the proprietors of Noce Restaurant, which for almost 20 years has helped set the standard for Italian cuisine in Toronto. Just as he did in the kitchen at Noce, Aria’s Executive Chef Eron Novalski spares no expense in sourcing the freshest, highest quality ingredients to create dishes of elegant simplicity.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Aria Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (20)notable wine list (16)great for lunch (15)special occasion (15)good for groups (13)romantic (10)hot spot (6)neighborhood gem (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Good but not great....worth another tryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/27/2014This was our first visit to Aria - the service was friendly although the food was good but not great. One meal over-cooked and under-seasoned, the other was a bit heavy handed with the ingredients making the dish unbalanced. We want to like it so going to give it another shot.
- Dinner on a game nightLinda2305Dined on 11/22/2014Good food, needs more Canadian wines on the list. Out of several items due to busy service before hockey game. Would return, just not show up after a pre-game dinner crowd has been there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FloydDined on 11/21/2014Use dthe restaurant for a business lunch, and for that purpose it was quite satisfactory. We were able to speak and hear one another without distractions or heavy background noise. But again, the restaurnat wasn't that full. But I found the surroundings and menu lacking.Special Features:
- Dinner and a Leaf gameCheechDined on 11/20/2014The service and food were outstanding!The mushroom ravioli were as good as we've had in Italy! I I am looking forward to my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner before a Raptor's gameMichelleDined on 11/13/2014I can't believe they held our reservation for 45 minutes as we were so late getting through some terrible traffic, and we still managed to have a beautiful, relaxing meal AND make it on time for the game :) Excellent food and wine, attentive service and nice chat with owner. Literally steps away from the ACC... I'll go again any time I'm down there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and scene, but terrible serviceLinaDined on 11/13/2014I'm not sure if they were understaffed when we dined here, but our waitress only asked us what drinks we would like and what food we would like to order. Other workers brought us our food, and no one ever checked up on us. No one offered us other drinks, other than the initial time. It took us 45 minutes from the time we received our appetizer to the time we received our main dish. The food was good and pricey because of the location - but it really should have better service. I would not visit this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Good foodsokha7Dined on 11/7/2014Food was good. Out waiter was very hard to get abold of because he was running around all over the place. I.e. He gave us the bill and ran away before we could ask to split it. Then he came back and we told him our wishes to split and so he ran away and came back with a pen. He wrote down the amount to charge on my card and ran away while there were two other people wanting to tell him their Amounts. It took about 30 minutes just to pay our billl. Other than that the food was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantWinstonDined on 11/6/2014Always enjoy eating here. Service and food are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bit disorganizedFoodaddict777Dined on 11/5/2014Setting and decoration is good. Server is good. Hostess : host poorly coordinated. Didn't even know where to seat with reservation ahead. No parking validation but Hostess has to ask manager?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodCDWineTouristDined on 11/1/2014The food was really good with a great wine selection; we even got to watch the Leaf game!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed with the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/1/2014The service and ambiance at Aria are excellent. Wine list was very good, however, we were disappointed with the food.Special Features:
- Excellent all aroundAnthonyDined on 10/24/2014Great, authentic Italian food, excellent service and a great wine collection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as usualFoodieDined on 10/9/2014The menu selection, the unique blend of ingredients of flavours and the quality of food, are nothing short of a treat. Never disappointed. The caprese salad with watermelon was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was OKOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/8/2014The rib eye steak was disappointing. No marble, not tender, not tasty enough. For that price, the meat should not be at this level. Other food was OK, nothing impressive.
- very slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/8/2014We had a work group reservation for 6 and our food arrived 65 minutes after ordering...and then everyone had to eat in a hurry to return to work.
- Margie1Dined on 10/3/2014The food was great the service was quick for lunch timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time and won't be the lastbeachesbenchDined on 10/1/2014Great food. I enjoyed the burrata special and the branzino. Coming here again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/no ambiancesonisaloDined on 9/20/2014The food was amazing, but it was a Saturday evening and no ambiance. The waitor was outstanding as well, and did mention that the restaurant was full right before the concert at the ACC, and that they are busier during the week due to the location. We will return on a weeknight to see the difference, because the food, wine and service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening with FriendsHGR70Dined on 9/6/2014We were impressed by the attentiveness of Aria personnel from the moment we arrived until the moment we departed. After enjoying a sharing of new mozzarella and tomatoes, each member of our party chose something different from the varied menu and we all rated our choice excellent. I had the veal chop and it was perhaps the best prepared veal I have ever enjoyed in a restaurant. We shall definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strike 3macdDined on 8/26/2014This is the third time we have eaten at Aria prior to a concert at the ACC. This last time, we added even more time (1 ½ hours) to ensure that we were able to get to the concert on time. Once again, we had to forgo the desert and coffee because of the slow service. Before, some of our company didn’t even finish their main entrée. The servers were truly good but they are understanffed and there is no excuse when you are the closest restaurant to a venue such as the ACC. It is easier to forgo the mediocre food if you have expediency on your side – hence why some people choose to go to a nearby pub. Unfortunately, Aria’s mediocre food and slow service means that we will go elsewhere prior to events at the ACC.
- Don't miss itNassDined on 8/21/2014Great food and services. I love it, you need to make a visit and discover the friendly and best in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 356 reviews are from the Aria Ristorante reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2014Great entries especially and attentive but not overly obtrusive service. decor also great. Not inexpensive, but we all felt value was there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2014Great ambiance! service was good and food was excellent! Great Lunch specials!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Meal and ServiceMoDukes1Dined on 7/13/2014Attended for a pre-concert dinner, sat outside on the patio. Excellent meal and service and impressive wine list. Would not hesitate to recommend.Special Features:
- While Toronto this one failedMJCEMTPVIPDined on 7/10/2014This Resturant's specialty is Italian, I have eaten Italian all over the world including Italy. This is one of the worst by far. The red sauce was no better than a canned sauce. In addition, the meal was extremely overpriced. There are so many other Resturant's in Toronto, go some place else.
- Excellent food and serviceFeedMePlsDined on 6/29/2014The decor at Aria is beautiful, especially at night, but it is the food that keeps us coming back. We found this restaurant recently and have enjoyed their food and service on two separate occasions. The food is flavorful, well prepared and perfectly proportioned. We know that we'll enjoy many more meals at Aria in the future.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/11/2014I had the Greens salad and I absolutely loved it. However, a few people I was dining with had the salmon and the steak, they both loved it however, their only complaint was the side portions, they were given very little. Also, we waited a very long time for our food to be served and when they finally brought it out the waitress who served us seemed very upset. Whatever happened to service with a smile? I'm not sure if she was upset because a member of our group asked when the food was coming out...but in any case, service with a smile goes a long way. The waiter, was wonderful as always. He served me before as well, and I have no complaints at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JulieVIPDined on 6/10/2014A surprisingly superb restaurant near the ACC. The food is fantastic, and the specials are unique yet complement their menu. All of the staff were polite and helpful (no Toronto pretension here), and our waiter was surprisingly knowledgeable about their wine selection. He was able to make recommendations for dinner and wine to suit our tastes, without trying to upsell us outside of our already generous price range for wine. I can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Aria - MMPookieVIPDined on 5/31/2014We were very disappointed in Aria on Saturday May 31st. Although we had been there before, and had enjoyed it, there was a real change that evening. We arrived at 7:45 PM for our 8:00 PM reservation, and ordered a cocktail. The restaurant was only 1/3 full, but the service was very slow. My wife ordered the ravioli, and even though there were not many patrons that evening, they ran out of the ravioli. I ordered a pasta appetizer, and it was so salty that I sent it back. They removed both appetizers from our bill, but Aria just isn't the same as it used to be. We were looking forward to having the wild boar parpadelle, but it was no longer on the menu. We left at 9:45 PM - much too long an evening, and very disappointing.Special Features:
- First TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014Went to Aria for the first time on a friends recommendation as the best Italian in the city. The location threw me a little bit, as it reflected a business lunch/pre Leafs game sort of joint. We were there on a Saturday, Leafs were playing golf and it was pretty quiet. However and as recommended, the food was spectacular and the service was outstanding. Very impressed, would definitely recommend and look forward to my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not greatdailydinerDined on 5/3/2014Given the good reviews by Toronto Life I thought it would be a very decent dinner and it wasn't. The deli board for $19 only had prosciutto on it and the pastas were luke warm and not up to fine dining Italian standards. Would never go back and am quite upset I did not go to Noce as I originally planned.
- SpectacularGreatFoodTOVIPDined on 5/1/2014A great restaurant. Went for a birthday and everyone loved what they had. I ate the calamari and the lobster pasta. Highly recommend both!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TERRIBLEViopVIPDined on 4/30/2014The experience at Aria is unbelievably TERRIBLE!!! My girlfriend and I went there before a Raptor's game (arrived there at 6pm for a 7:30pm game), at the time the restaurant wasn't full at all and we ordered everything as soon as we got seated. However, we haven't got served with our order until 7:25!! I talked to our waiter multiple times, at first he kept telling us it would only take 1 more minute, after a while, the only response I got was"you guys arrived at 6pm for a 7:30 NBA game next door, it's your own fault for being late"????? And his tone was so rude!!! Several other diners argued with the manager as well and the restaurant just kept denying their fault. BE NICE TO YOURSELF & AVOID this restaurant!
- Enjoyable EveningDaisyDined on 4/30/2014I was looking for a nice restaurant before the Raptors' game and was not disappointed. We were immediately asked if we were attending the game and then advised to order promptly to ensure we had enough time to enjoy our dinner. The food was good but not amazing. The location is fantastic if you are going to the ACC. The only negative (not a big one), was the washrooms are not in the restaurant, but in the office tower's lobby. The host escorts you to the washroom and unlocks the door. I would rate this restaurant a "B".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant is very prettyFoodloverDined on 4/3/2014The restaurant is very pretty inside. Food was alright. It came in small portions, which we knew from reading other reviews. Another downside was that the washrooms were outside of the restaurant, and you need a keycard to get in, which we always had to ask the waiters for.Special Features:
- Great Location but not worth itJP19Dined on 3/31/2014We found the food to be very expensive for the quality. It is located in a great area and a very lovely set up, but I feel it was not as good as I expected it to be.
- Dinner At AriaMagadonDined on 3/14/2014Let me start off by saying that the food was very good and the service was adequate. When I go to high end restaurants I usually expect the portion size to be on the smaller size. At Aria is was very small, to the point that I left feeling ripped off. We ended up going home and making a snack because we were both still a bit hungry after spending $150 on food (that included one drink). For that reason I won't be coming back.
- Great experiencetoukolouDined on 3/13/2014We had a terrific meal at Aria. We arrived to a pretty empty dining room that was positively jumping by the time we left. Good food (though the veal chop, while a very nice sized portion, would have benefited from a more interesting garnish than an arugula and cherry tomato salad, particularly for $39; the veal cheeks on the other hand, were both ample and divine), good service, great ambiance and an unbeatable location for catching a show at the ACC. We would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, we had a good experience,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2014Overall, we had a good experience, but it wasn't great. The appetizer was very good, but the main just average. The hostess was lovely, but our waiter could have been more attentive. Can't say I'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not totally satisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2014The ambiance, location to the ACC along with staff and service was fantastic. However the meal was not as notable. The richness and saltiness was over whelming. To the point that it irritated my throat with every swallow. As I attempted to explain to our server, he spoke over me and didn't listen to what I was saying. He spoke as if he didn't anticipate the complaint and told me to enjoy. The pricy menu did not match the taste. Our party of four was not impressed.