Aria Restaurant - Stamford, CT
1033 Washington Blvd.
Stamford, CT 06901Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Aria Restaurant - Stamford, CT
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://ariacuisine.com/
- Phone: 2033242742
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Stefano Staiano
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Private Party Facilities: From making formal business proposals to making toasts with a gathering of friends, we can help you flawlessly pull of any private dining event.
- Private Party Contact: Stefano 2033242742
A word from Aria Restaurant - Stamford, CT
Aria is a very versatile Italian restaurant that can accommodate virtually any sort of dining experience. Aria's menu reflects the cuisine of all of Italy - north to south. Aria's chef/owner Stefano pays homage to dishes familiar in Italy but not acknowledged here such as cous cous, and pastas like farro and fregola (a Sardinian grain).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Aria Restaurant - Stamford, CT reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (6)fit for foodies (5)neighborhood gem (5)special occasion (4)good for groups (3)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Awesome little findCourtneyVIPDined on 9/27/2014My boyfriend and I were trying to find a quiet place to take my elderly grandmother on a Saturday night in downtown Stamford. Not an easy feat! The food, as always, was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just one thingMerleDined on 9/6/2014Lovely place, friendly staff (although they waited WAY too long between courses to serve, at one point I think they completely forgot about us.) The food was absolutely delicious. Stuffed zucchini flowers (amazing), Spaghetti with lobster (delicious)... Unfortunately there is some big construction going on which I assume may have damaged the building because it smelled like there had been water damage. Very musty, a bit mildewy. Not a pleasant way to begin but once the wine and food got going it faded to the background. That being said, I'd still go back as would the rest of my party.Special Features:
- GREAT FOODFLOATVIPDined on 8/27/2014Very nice menu and fair prices. Good food and service. I would come again. Nice birthday surprise a free desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aria Ristorante: A Neighborhood GemR51351Dined on 8/22/2014Our first time here and we were pleasantly surprised. We ordered from the Restaurant Week Menu. The salads were crisp and flavorful, while my Fettuccine with Sausage and Mushrooms was savory and prepared al dente without a heavy sauce. My wife had the Mediterranean Snapper over Spinach, which was delicate but could have used more spinach to qualify as a side vegetable rather than a garnish. The meal was accompanied by our selection of a fine Gavi di Gavi (not included in the $30.14 prix fixe). Desserts included a wonderfully light Panna Cotte with raspberries and sauce. Cappuccino was ordered as an option. The ambiance and decor seemed a bit tired but the food and service did not disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StamfordlocalDined on 8/12/2014Not the same place that I havbe been to in the past. Unusual musty smell in restraunt. Decor dated. Food reasonable. Overall average experience.
- Singing Aria's Praises!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/2/2014Delicious and creative food, above and beyond the standard Italian restaurant menu. Also great service, lots of interesting wines by the glass, and squash blossoms grown in the owner's garden! Go now!Special Features:
- breaks my heartctfoodieVIPDined on 8/1/2014my husband and I have been going to Aria since in opened way back when. not sure why, but they just can't seem to get things together and they have so much potential. this last visit, however, has "put a fork in it for me". interior a bit run down, should have been a warning, but we stayed and what a mistake. server was inexperienced, but we had high hopes for the food. I had halibut (over risotto and supposedly there was arugula but I couldn't find it), which in the past had been delicious, but this time it came out cold and tasteless. my husband's pasta dish was piping hot, but by the time my dish was reserved (this time cooked sooo throughly it was inedible) his dinner was now ice cold. could go on and on, just such a shame.
- The following 64 reviews are from the Aria Restaurant - Stamford, CT reviews archive.
- ExcellentBrklynmaitaiDined on 5/24/2014The artichokes appetizers were very good. Butternut squash raviolis were a favorite by many. A bit pricey but great food overall. There's parking in the back.
- What's that smell?mleeDined on 4/4/2014Our dinner was over powered by a horrible smell-sewer gas or the grease trap. there was no effort made to dissipate the smell, they could have used some citrus or garlic or anything, but it was pervasive throughout the meal and they made no attempt to apologize for it or compensate us for it. If it was not raining we would have walked out and went somewhere else.
- Local Pleasent SurpriseGaryVIPDined on 2/23/2014We dined at Aria on a Sunday evening. The food was quite good for Stamford, comparable to New York City italian restaurants. It was restaurant week but the selection was quite good. They had a good wine by the glass list. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014Awful food, food under cooked, Bar dirinks not what we ordered and service unresponsive
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/16/2014We had heard good things about the restaurant and were looking forward to trying something new. The first thing we noticed when we walked in was that it did not smell clean. The Valentines' day decor was tacky and the ladies serving were dressed terribly. The room was was freezing. My meal was good, but my husband's was not. The overall price was far too much for the quality of the food and the lack of ambiance. Sorry to say that we will not be returning.
- Nice ambiance, but very average expTonyD151Dined on 2/14/2014We went for Valentine's Day and they were obviously not prepared. People were walking out due to the long wait time for food. We had a later reservation, so the wait was not so bad for us, but you can tell that the kitchen had crashed earlier, because the food presentation was pretty bad and there was no real time taken to make the plates look good. I live downtown and this is a local place for me, but I am not sure that I would return based on how this was handled and the mediocrity of the food at such a price point.Special Features:
- very slow bar and kitchenPennyVIPDined on 2/14/2014We were there on Valentine's Day, and it was as if the bar and kitchen didn't have any staff. The servers were very pleasant, but service was very, very slow. It took awhile to get drinks, and we weren't offered even bread for quite awhile (and warm bread would be nice). We weren't in a hurry, so we had time to wait, and the food was good when it came. But I've rarely had such slow service.
- A great tasting flopMoroccoMoleDined on 2/14/2014I made a reservation there for Valentine's Day, and after being seated and waiting 15 minutes, we had to find someone in the wait staff to bring us waters. While such a mistake could be forgiven, incompetent waiting and tremendously slow service mounted to an unpleasant experience. It took a total of an hour and a half from being seated to get our entree's, which was quick considering the folks at the table next to us as been there a half an hour longer and still didn't have their dinner. We got three dishes - the mussels were great, the butternut ravioli were incredible, and the shrimp, walnut, and ink pasta dish was fine, though largely tasteless. All of this was overshadowed by a frustrating experience.
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The place is suited for bigger things. But they have to work at it a lot to get there starting with improving the service and hospitality.
- A little slow but all's wellItsaboutthetasteDined on 2/12/2014We had a wonderful night out at Aria. The food was delicious, the place had great ambiance, and the servers were friendly. It was slow, but we weren't in a rush. I'd definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for a special nightfoodloverVIPDined on 2/8/2014Good food, not too loud so you can hear each other. The salads were very fresh. The fish was delicious. We don't eat meat or shellfish and most of the menu wasn't good for us...Special Features:
- Pretty lousy!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/24/2014Salad overdressed, fish undercooked, veal cold. Staff unresponsive.
- Barely discovered restaurantBobfromStamfordDined on 1/18/2014We have dined at Aria 3 times since discovering it a couple of months ago. All 3 times the food has been excellent, well prepared and tasty. It is not usually very busy as it is on 137, a block or 2 away from most other downtown Stamford restaurants, although this past Saturday evening it was busier than we had seen it up to this point. I had the pheasant special this time and it was very good. We have also enjoyed the fish dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013Been here a few times and food is always good. No complaints with service either. Small gripe, all the menus had scotch tape on them. Small detail that needs a quick fix.Special Features:
- Always a treatontheflyVIPDined on 12/21/2013Food never ceases to please. Owner knows his wine list and pairings best suited with food. If kitchen isn't slammed, easily accommodates requests for variations. One of Stamford's best choices in Italian fare.Special Features:
- Very Good Italian, Charming RoomBigBlueReviewVIPDined on 12/6/2013Thought the food was quite good, creative, and well-presented. Good wine list, and a very nice room. We experienced a few service issues -- my entree did not arrive until ten minutes after my wife's; the waitress seemed confused at times -- however the staff was clearly well-meaning, and the complimentary prosecco didn't hurt. Not "the best" in the area as some claim, but would return and definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Nice surprise in downtown Stamford!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/6/2013Nice Italian restaurant, set apart from other downtown options, with a great variety of menu choices and very attentive staff. There was a large and loud party sitting near us that made it difficult at times to speak to each other but I would blame the guests of the restaurant and not the staff. It is something to keep in mind if you want to have a quiet dinner - this restaurant may not always give you that option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was in town for the weekendlcamp63VIPDined on 11/8/2013Was in town for the weekend and tried Aria for dinner on a Friday evening Food was yummy! I ordered the butternut squash ravioli as squash are in season right now and it was delicious My husband ordered the halibut which was exceptional Service was spot on and everything about the night was perfect Would definitely recommend trying this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ExperienceFoodL0verDined on 10/6/2013My husband and I are vegan and the chef made us a most spectacular pasta dish to meet our dietary needs as well as a vegan layered dessert that was outstanding. Our other guests ordered off the menu and we were met with comments of the delicious and diverse selection of entrees. We enjoyed a spectacular bottle of Italian wine and can hardly wait to go back to have another dining experience.Special Features:
- well doneontheflyVIPDined on 9/21/2013Does not disappoint, tasty food, delicious soup, and a lovely dining experience.Special Features:
- Be sure to order the right thingOGdinerDined on 9/20/2013Service was first rate - personable and professional without being either intrusive or brusque. For example, the owner steered us from a bottle of wine to a better one at a slightly lower price. One appetizer (stuffed peppers) was exceptional, whereas the other (ground eggplant with tomatoes and basil) was only so-so. Similarly, the veal chop special was terrific while the lamb chops off the menu were just OK. If they could be consistent, it would be one of the best Italian restaurants in the area. A 3 1/2 star restaurant that could go higher.Special Features:
- This was my first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/23/2013This was my first time at the restaurant and enjoyed it very much. Food was great and service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strange................JanskiVIPDined on 6/22/2013Have dined in the past food & service were fine. Arrived at 7 place was empty odd - there were three servers all spoke & understand little English. ordered a wine & Voka orange juice watching them scramble around for 20 minutes they brough him what appeared to be a martini he said no and repeated his drink they again were scrambling back and forth from the bar to the back area it was very unsetteling.then someone from the back looked like the chef came and they were all talking in their langugae then the waitress said no organe juice at this point we paid for the wine and left - something very odd and strange was going on We went to another rest on the way back to get our car we passed by & it was empty it was eerie will NEVER GO BACK.
- Very nice restaurant withEricDined on 5/24/2013Very nice restaurant with great food and ambiance. Knowlegable staff and very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was awful. Only 2NickVIPDined on 4/27/2013Service was awful. Only 2 waiters for all tables, one if whom served as busboy as well. Long wait to even be served bread, manager visibly chastising wait staff, and food was generally underwhelming. Will not be dining there again.
- Unfortunately, the serverOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013Unfortunately, the server did not speak English well and we had a very hard time understanding her. We were uncomfortable so we thought it was best to leave. We went to one of the places we truly enjoy. We really wanted to give it a shot but we did not want to spoil our night.This rating is not based on the food, service, ambiance, or the noise since we did not eat. We were not allowed to proceed with the review without selecting the other options.
- The maitre'd was exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2013The maitre'd was exceptional and the food, amazing.Special Features:
- Haven't been in a while, butJimRVIPDined on 4/8/2013Haven't been in a while, but the food is still spectacular. Great meal.Special Features:
- The hits just keep on coming...ontheflyVIPDined on 3/23/2013As always, a pleasure to dine here, especially with friends. The noise level is manageable, unlike most of the new restaurants that have opened in the past 3-4 years. The excellent wine list and the owner's ability to pair wines with the food being ordered is a lovely bonus. Coconut creme brulee was a dessert special and it was brimming with fresh coconut shreds and a well-glazed sugar crust.Special Features:
- ExcellentDWBCPAVIPDined on 3/9/2013Upon arrival we were greeted by the Hostess and were immediately brought to a table. Service was excellent as well as the food. This was our first time here and we will definately return
- Always one of my favs whenJC502VIPDined on 2/19/2013Always one of my favs when I am in Stamford on business. They are amazing folks, and they always perform on every dish!Special Features:
- A Little SecretJenHeldDined on 2/2/2013Service was pleasant, meticulous, subtle, just right. It began when a waiter came outside to tell us not to pay the parking meeting at night. The food was very good; presentation nice but not artsy; no waiting between courses; portions more than ample. My friend and I split a baby arugula salad, then she had the pasta and salmon entree special and I chose the flounder special. The decor is unpretentious, just a room with well-set tables. And very quiet, possibly because the restaurant was almost empty. We were the second table at 6:30 on a Saturday night. When we left close to 8 p.m. perhaps half the tables had guests. A secret find that won't keep.
- The service was good, theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/31/2013The service was good, the appetizers were excellent, but the main course and dessert were marginal at best.Special Features: