200 N Columbus Drive
Chicago, IL 60601Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ariachicago.com/
- Phone: (312) 444-9494
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast daily: 6am-11:30am
Lunch daily: 11:30am-2:30pm
Dinner Sunday-Thursday: 5:30pm-10:00pm
Dinner Friday-Saturday: 5:30pm-10:30pm
open daily - 11:30am - 12:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We have a Private Dining Room that can accommodate up to 15 guests
A word from Aria
Aria is an award-winning restaurant in Chicago offering a wide selection of culinary creations. Our Executive Chef and his team are famous for their Superb selection regional American menu with an Midwestern flare, utilizing seasonal fresh and local ingredients, inspired by flavors and techniques found throughout the world, at aria you'll encounter a menu that transcends any one cultural tradition.... aria defies typical dining out, creating a distinctive and memorable experienceContinued
…aria bar and sushi lounge is a sensory experience set to a global soundtrack. relax, unwind & enjoy some fresh craft cocktails, sake & world renowned wine.
…aria bar and sushi lounge is a sensory experience set to a global soundtrack. relax, unwind & enjoy some fresh craft cocktails, sake & world renowned wine.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Aria reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (7)special occasion (7)romantic (6)good for groups (5)great for lunch (4)late-night find (4)notable wine list (4)neighborhood gem (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- BirthdaygirlDined on 11/13/2014I frequent Aria for lunch. They have a seasonal menu and the sushi bar is pretty good. Great place for lunch meetings as its quite. Other lunch spots seem to be too noisy and make it harder to hold a conversation. The service is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast - Tasty, pricey treatChicagoDiner07VIPDined on 11/9/2014The food was very good, though over $125 for 4 people, without alcohol is significant for breakfast.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/30/2014This was our third time dining at Aria. Previously the food was excellent but this time it was a disappointment. There were four in our group and all had dined there before. Unfortunately all of us thought it was not as good as previously. Staff is always very pleasant.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/29/2014One of the best steaks I've had. The food and service were great.Special Features:
- CHAZZDined on 10/20/2014Will return Good waiter and manager.Glad we came it was a pleasant experienceSpecial Features:
- Great experienceTwright04Dined on 10/17/2014enjoyed the food and will go back. Service was spectacular.Special Features:
- great night outcolumbusfoodieDined on 10/13/2014We had a lovely dinner here. Staff was very attentive . We came with our children ages 10 and 8, and they wanted to make a meal out of an appetizer. They were very accommodating and came out with beautiful plates for each child. Lobster risotto was wonderful and the Halibut entree was great too. Don't pass oondessert - the Beignets were amazing!Special Features:
- Never disappointed ...OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/19/2014We have come to Aria a number of times, particularly before events at the Harris Theater. In each case the food - particularly the seafood and fish - has been outstanding, although this last time I had the lamb loin, which was melt-in-the-mouth tender and richly flavored. Also, although this is hardly an Indian restaurant, their garlic butter naan is to die for. Service was friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014We waited 40 minutes for food to arrive (we made reservations and arrived on time), had to remind waitstaff we were still waiting for food. Our waiter did not return to ask how things were, so we had to flag down the hostess when she walked by to check on food. By the time the food came from kitchen, it was time to leave, so waiter had to place all food orders into to go boxes. This was on a Sunday with not a lot of customers. Food was average. Would not recommend due to poor service and lack of attention to diners.
- The following 1035 reviews are from the Aria reviews archive.
- DisappointingEnrico419Dined on 7/28/2014Having just arrived from the airport I was looking forward to a nice meal and some rest before attending a convention the following day. I have eaten at Aria in the past and thought the food to be very good, especially for an "in hotel" restaurant. I asked the waiter for some suggestions and he recommended the bone-in ribeye. The supporting cast with the steak was excellent, nice side of root vegetables and creamed potatoes. The steak was terrible. Although it was cooked as I had ordered it, medium rare, it was perhaps the worst piece of steak I have ever encountered in a quality restaurant. It was tough and stringy with a great deal of connective tissue. I left most of it on my plate, now it just remains an unpleasant memory.
- Surprisingly unimpressiveHonestAboutFoodDined on 7/24/2014With a review from Fodor's, its location in the Fairmont, and the prices, one would think the food and service would be superior and unique. It was unfortunately none of those. And the Asian Fusion theme seemed to consist of a small number of menu items plus the sushi bar next door. The Lake Erie Walleye was fresh but basic with some colorful but limp carrots. The Greek salad we ordered came out as organic mixed greens. Raspberry butter with the bread basket? How is that Asian fusion? They should do better.
- Excellent, quiet date-night place!DenverDaveVIPDined on 7/12/2014The restaurant is located in the Fairmont Hotel which is just south of the river and slightly east of Michigan. This keeps it out of the main crush of tourist traffic so on a Friday or Saturday night you can probably get a table. I opentabled a reservation with a half an hour of notice and made it right in. There is a sushi bar that looked well stocked and well staffed. My date and I did sit-down and had a great time. The chef brought us a sample dish from the kitchen and chatted with us a moment. I had steak which was prepared perfectly and presented wonderfully. My date had the lobster risotto which I tasted and found to be outstanding. All in all a wonderful time. I will be back!Special Features:
- Disappointed after first great mealJerryDined on 6/21/2014We've dined at most downtown restaurants during our frequent travel to the city; 1 a year ago my husband and I had outstanding meals at Aria and we decided to take guests to it this trip. My husband ordered the same meal (duck trio) and was so disappointed. The risotta was grainy - not creamy and the eggroll-like duck portion (1 of 3) was oversalted. I ordered the scallops which was a different presentation than last time but was sorely disappointed that the scallops weren't well caramelized and the fennel broth had little taste. We won't return. Although I must say that we were served by Nick both trips and he was an exceptionally good waiter!Special Features:
- TerrificfrequentdinerVIPDined on 6/15/2014food was excellent. service was a bit slow but very friendly. great variety of food and style of preparationSpecial Features:
- Outstanding service and foodBigIslandLoverDined on 6/13/2014Our entire meal met the high standards we had expected from Aria, given what we had read in advance. What we did not expect, was simply over the top personal service throughout the evening. Too many people helping us to remember. Our server, Moe, was as good as we've had anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special eveningDinerJJDined on 6/13/2014We had booked a table and needed to change the reservation, and mentioned it was for a special occasion. Service was at a perfect pace, with helpful attentive staff. The meal was delicious and beautifully presented. At dessert time we were treated with a plate of chocolate covered strawberries with a chocolate inscription of congratulations on the platter's rim.Special Features:
- Horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/9/2014Shocking how bad the service was , at those prices to have to wait, find awaited , and ASK to have a water glass filled? I had taken a group of important customers for a business dinner . By the time dessert and coffee we had been there so long unattended we just paid the bill and left disappointed , food was ok not great, very uninspired effort by whoever rAn the place. Wouldn't know who they were though , hardly anyone came by the table ever
- The Tuna was good...MHK1108VIPDined on 5/29/2014The entrees were good. I had called ahead to say it was my friends birthday and I wanted to surprise her with a dessert. If they only have two desserts on the lunch menu, I would think they would be good?! Our server disappeared at one point, as I was waiting for the dessert to come out. When it finally came, the dessert was terrible. Awful. I think it was supposed to be the Snickers dessert? I don't know what it was. The frosting was cold and hard. The cake portion of whatever it was supposed to be was totally stale. Nobody asked if we wanted coffee. At least the entree was good. The decor was blah, I felt like I was in a cafeteria. Overall, not impressed. Won't be going back.
- Poor restaurant in a nice hotelMikeVIPDined on 5/19/2014Made a reservation only to have the hostess encourage me to eat in the bar area since they were quiet... She just pointed instead of taking me so I had no menus and no waiter. Waited 15 minutes to get the waiters attention. Ordered the duck trio, waiter came back 10 minutes later and said it was not available. I ordered sushi and wine instead. Sushi came out 10 minutes before the wine! Long story short, this place is a joke.
- steak slightly over cookedSujayDDined on 5/17/2014Was a nice place and good service. My only qualm was my steak was overcooked. I ordered it Medium which I would normally expect to have some pink in the middle, however there was none. There was still good flavor and I was hungry so I ate it anyway, just tougher than I would have wantedSpecial Features:
- It was OK.OkayDokayDined on 5/11/2014There was a very limited menu. Although everything on the menu was very nicely laid out and looked very enticing. The actual meal was OK. The service was probably the best part of the night. All in all having to spend $85 without any drinks or dessert seemed to be a little bit pricey for the value and the meal itself.
- Poor servicedisappointedDined on 4/27/20143 of us were there for brunch on April 27, 2014. 8 other people were in the restaurant. The table next to us had to finally get their own water when they could get no help. That should have been a clear signal to us. It took almost exactly one hour to receive our food. I had steak and eggs. The steak was hot but the scrambled eggs were cold! The food was mediocre and expensive. Our waiter had a tough time with English and could not describe any of the dishes. We live next door to the restaurant but we will not return.
- Great!!KeasonTannerDined on 4/9/2014I always dine at Aira and I am never disappointed. The food and service far outweigh any other restaurant in the loop. Finding the place is somewhat of a challenge if you are not familiar with Chicago but once you do, nothing will let you down when it comes to dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aria is a gem for a romantic dinnerSteveDined on 4/2/2014Located in the fabulous Fairmont Hotel, Aria was easily accessed from the nearby Swissotel vIa the underground pedway, keeping us dry in the rainy and windy Chicago evening. The Hostess greated us by name and escorted us to a lovely private table. The lighting and decor was wonderfully soothing for two who had along and stressful day and allowed us to instantly relax. We had been transported to a quiet private place for two. Our waiter was perfectly attentive and offered superb advice on the menu and wine. The roasted baby beet salad was a fresh opening for our pan seared day boat scallops. We lingered for a long time after an unhurried dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyIenjoylettuceentertainyouDined on 2/28/2014This restaurant is very pricey and the food is tasty but, it is not worth the very high price. I think I could get a much better meal elsewhere for the $65 that I paid just for a rib-eye steak and diet coke. The restaurant could use a newer decor.Special Features:
- Accommodating Allergies!NaderDined on 2/22/2014Aria Restaurant has Great Food, Wine and Service! I have celiac disease and a shellfish allergy. The aria took great care of accommodating my needs, Thank You!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmenttravelerDined on 2/16/2014We like to check out menus on-line before deciding where to dine. We thought we had found the perfect place for the advertised Sunday brunch. We were very disappointed when we arrived to find the website was out of date and the offered menu was very different. While the food we ordered was very good - it was not what we had planned for or expected.
- We made reservations for SaturdaySTLdiningDined on 2/15/2014We made reservations for Saturday 2/15 only to find the restaurant was serving a Valentines pre-fix menu. This was very disappointing as this was not listed on the website nor open table. I must say the sommelier worked with us to get some alternative food (primarily from the bar menu) which was nice. The service was very slow while there were few tables with people.
- Unexpected Valentine's carry overlsdirectorDined on 2/15/2014Had a quick getaway weekend in Chicago and booked this restaurant in light of vegetarian menu options (for my wife) and location as we were across the street at Radisson Blu. Ambiance was nice and we were seated near a cooking station which was kind of cool. The dinner offering was a single one and was the Valentine menu from the night before. Waiter didn't provide his name and said he was surprised and didn't know they were carrying over the menu. Need to tell open table diners there is a single/limited menu on the day selected. Would have gone somewhere else vs. Paying $200 for a dinner we didn't want.
- Nice Chicago restaurantthehappydinerDined on 2/15/2014Four of us made reservations for dinner at Aria when we were at a conference at the Hyatt Regency/Fairmont Hotels. We didn't realize that the nightly menu was a 5-course Valentine's weekend dinner for $75.00 In addition, the menu was not appealing to several of us, and none of us wanted a 5 course meal. The waiter accommodated us very nicely by giving us their Sushi Bar menu and we were all able to find good entrees, and shared desserts. What I'd like to add is that the next evening my husband and I went to Stetsons in the Hyatt Regency Hotel and found the menu and the food wonderful and the service impeccable. I'd recommend looking at both these restaurants if you happen to be staying in the area.Special Features:
- Terrific FoodVdaycustomerDined on 2/14/2014I was here for Valentines day with my girlfriend and we had a great time. It was great food but the portions were very small. Very expensive but I guess that is normal on valentines day. Everything was great though :) Very romantic and the ambience was perfect. Pretty quiet but we had reservations late. Overall it was a good experience for my first time there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 8 out of 10JordanDined on 2/13/2014I took a pair of friends out to dinner here. I liked that it is only $9 to valet your car if you are going to Aria, just be sure to get your valet card stamped. The food was pretty good but there are a few aspects that could be improved. The fries were overdone and had possible been reheated. The sushi was good and my friends liked the steak and catfish. We all split a chocolate peanut butter dessert that was interesting. I would have been content with the bill if there hadn't been a surprise charge of $24 for mineral water.Special Features:
- Unexpected TreatSolemnDined on 2/8/2014The place was very quiet and practically empty; the staff was attentive and friendly; but nothing was as surprising as the food. The food was phenomenal in taste and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great option for a pre-show mealcrackedriflerDined on 2/8/2014Stopped at Aria for an early dinner before a show at the Oriental Theatre on a Saturday night. The restaurant was just filling up as we left, but the server was knowledgeable and had just the right amount of attentiveness. Go ahead and upgrade to the garlic naan instead of the regular bread -- it is a treat.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekspillsDined on 2/6/2014I went to Aria for restaurant week with a small group of people. The staff was very attentive and promptly filled our water glasses, cleared plates, and were attentive to our needs. The food was amazing and I would highly recommend trying Aria. We each had a bisque and short rib with sweet potato puree which were both fantastic! The cheesecake that I had for dessert was melt-in-your mouth good. Definitely would recommend this restaurant to friends and family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekBCBSLunchmateDined on 2/6/2014My co-workers and I heard about Restaurant week and wanted to take in one of the deals close to us and chose Aria. The service was good and friendlyl. The food was good and the portions were just right for lunch. They also had a great looking lounge area for after work cocktails that we will try out some evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aria Restaurant WeekpegasusDined on 1/30/2014I came here with a couple of friends for the Chicago Restaurant Week "experience." The front bar area is luscious and lovely, the back room where the restaurant is located is also cozy and chic.The service was very friendly and helpful. And of course, the food was delicious. I had the Butternut Squash Bisque for a starter...it was perfect. That's really all I can say about it. Perfect. For my entree, I had the Port Braised Short Rib. That sucker was so delectable! And it just literally melted in my mouth...you could almost get away without even chewing it! All in all, a great experience. :)Special Features:
- LocationchowerDined on 1/29/2014Website should note that restaurant is in Fairmont Hotel! Tables for 2 were in worst locations :( Food was exceptionally good! If not for special restaurant week, VERY pricey. Very friendly staff :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slammed after a CCGA MeetingkktaylorVIPDined on 1/28/2014Usually the service is very good. But, after a big CCGA meeting everyone descended on the restaurant at once and had the staff hustling. The food was excellent. The décor is beautiful. Be careful not to sit by a window in this weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried for Restaurant WeeklovechicagoDined on 1/28/2014Service was more than phenominal; very attentive and pleasant but not annoyingly present.Venue romantic & quiet . We ordered sushi: spicy/tuna lobster roll that was GOOD! Great wine list and huge pours. 3 course meal for restaurant week: 2 of us ordered all six items b/t us to try: appetizers good & dessert delicious. Main courses: 1)short ribs: just like a chunk of stringy pot roast was good but tasted like the pot roast I make @ home only fattier. 2) trout...my husband loved it/ I took one bite and wished I could spit it out (in the trout's defense I am super finicky w/ any fish dish). The regular menu looked inviting and probably worth a try. Would we come back? Yes for drinks and sushi for sure. Prices were pretty typical for Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.