Aria Bistro & Lounge
485 Main Street North
Brampton, ON L6S 1N8Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Aria Bistro & Lounge
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ariabrampton.com/
- Phone: 9054512600x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Monday - Saturday: 4:30 PM - 10 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Aria Bistro & Lounge
Aria Bistro & Lounge, located at the beautiful historic house of Walter E. Calvert in downtown Brampton, offers an elegant atmosphere to celebrate your most important events. Our 6 private dining rooms, which can accommodate a range of 8 to 80 guests, are the perfect venue for your wedding, corporate or family function. As the new owner of Aria Bistro & Lounge, Michael Cherry is eager to join the vibrant community of Brampton and reveal his restoration of the Walter E. Calvert house, which formally housed neighborhood favorites Chez Marie & Bassano's Restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Aria Bistro & Lounge - Best Restaurants in Brampton ›
Aria Bistro & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (23)neighborhood gem (16)romantic (14)fit for foodies (13)notable wine list (11)good for groups (10)great for outdoor dining (9)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (3)hot spot (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- ExpensiveFoxtrot1Dined on 10/8/2014Aria is a lovely place. Food is good, but not outstanding. Way overpriced. That's the main reason we only dine there on special occasions. If he would drop his entree prices he would be busier. $49 for a filet! The best steak houses don't charge that much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time and foodBBluvsSBDined on 9/5/2014First time at the restaurant and had a great time and the food was excellant. The experience was good and the service was super.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dining experiencefoodloverDined on 8/30/2014My fiancé and I chose Aria to celebrate our 4 year anniversary and we were not disappointed. This restaurant is absolutely amazing. The serene atmosphere and fine dining all added up to a wonderful first time dining experience. Their food is to die for. We will definitely be going back. If I could rate this place 100 stars I would. Thank you Aria for making this dining experience a fabulous one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal, but a tad noisyTangledDinerDined on 8/29/2014The purpose of our visit was an evening out with our two University students who we had just moved to Brampton. Our meal at Aria was exquisite, but because of the room's acoustics (hardwood floors), we had difficulty holding a conversation - partially due to a boisterous table nearby. It was quiet for a Friday so I can't imagine what the noise level would be like if it had been busy. That said, the service was excellent, the meal - superb (a delicious beet carpaccio to start, and the rack of lamb just melted in my mouth); a lovely menu & wine list; all surrounded by understated elegance. We will return on our next trip to Brampton. Others in our party had the scallops (loved!), the seafood penne (liked), chicken supreme, & fish & chips.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely patioAcadiaDined on 8/8/2014It was a great evening to enjoy Aria's new patio. It's a lovely space but unfortunately close to a busy street, hence the noise. Our server was very young but adequate (we had to ask about specials & she didn't know much about the wine). The food was very good but not exceptional. We started with the caprese salad , the mozarella was good but the basil was hardly there & since it is tomato season I was expecting juicy, flavourful tomatoes & they were not at all. I had the catfish. The dirty rice was disappointing. The salsa gave the fish some much needed flavour & moisture. My husband had the pasta special. He enjoyed it. We really liked the house white wine and the comfortable new patio. For the price point, the servings are small.Special Features:
- Impeccable Service, Food, EleganceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014An old house converted into a restaurant. Loved the etched windows. Distracts from the busy street but lets light in. Celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary here. Was a Sunday eve. and there was only one other table occupied but we were seated far enough away to feel private. Expensive but elegant and suitable for such a special occasion;were treated to a delicious dessert to mark the event. Food and service were top notch. Would recommend this place to someone who appreciates fine cuisine. Was surprised to learn that my only choice of wine was red or white unless I purchased a bottle. Very tasty nonetheless. I could feel an a/c draught. Otherwise, I would have rated the ambience outstanding. Luckily, I had taken a sweater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional dinning experienceoutstandingDined on 7/19/2014From the moment we walked in, my wife and I were treated as if we were regulars. It was our 1st time there. The staff was very courteous and friendly. Our server was great and the food outstanding. When I got the bill, I was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting a bill over $200 but it was well short of that. Needless to say, our server was left a very handsome tip. Our experience was exceptional and I would highly recommend dinning there. We'll be back! 5 stars!!!!Special Features:
- Summerlicious & almost deliciousottawaDined on 7/19/2014I don't want to give a bad review because Aria Bistro has great service. The menu items ordered around us looked great. Presentation was nice, but 3 of the 6 Summerlicious items we had had room for improvement. My brie appetizer was not warm and gooey in the middle, too big a block of cheese for that, but the pastry and blueberry coulis were perfect. The calamari had no seasoning, & the roasted red pepper dip didn't compensate there. My seafood pasta was perfect & like the flank steak portions were nice, but seasoning & strange pseudo-pesto didn't suit the steak. Desserts, made in house with real Tahitian vanilla, had great flavor, but my funnel cake was fairly standard and the dulce de leche needed to be more substantial. Good ingredients.
- Enthusastic staff awful foodworldfoodtasterDined on 7/19/2014To put things into perspective, this restaurant was rated number 1 of 540 restaurants in Brampton, so I had relatively high expectations. That was definitely a mistake in judgement. The staff though very enthusiastic and very friendly was just as equally unskilled. Forgiving their inexperience would have been quite easy if the food was at all remarkable. It wasn't. The food was bland and totally boring. It was also either overcooked or undercooked depending on the order. I was stunned to say the least. What could be said when the quality check came, other than this food is terrible. The cheque was slightly over $450.00 which would have been acceptable if the food was prepared in the fashion that it deserved. Avoid this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great once againOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/17/2014Food was wonderful service was Great (except for wine refills - did myself) and we were only ones there! Wonderful placeSpecial Features:
- Best Kept Secret in Brampton!TheatreNFoodDined on 7/11/2014While Aria Bistro & Lounge is not new to the area, the new team at Aria are without a doubt "outstanding" ! Michael and his team have taken dining in Brampton to a new level. Whether your a local, or just visiting the area, Aria has to go on your "must" list! From the home-made bread, that simply melts in your mouth and is salted to perfection, to the amazing menu, Aria brings it all together! We were greeted by Michael (the restauranteur) and his amazing staff, made welcome and seated. Drinks were quickly delivered to the table, and the food...AMAZING! True passion for service and food will keep Aria on your mind and you will need to go back time and again! Book your reservation now!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Exceptional!YumTumDined on 7/10/2014Service, atmosphere, and food always excellent whenever I go to Aria. I love that it's a classy foodie option here in the GTA when one is tired of making the trek to Toronto for dining options.Special Features:
- Aria is a dining Gem in BramptonLadyinRedDined on 7/6/2014I have been to Aria on 10 occasions since they opened last year. From romantic dinners for 2, dinners with friends and family, Christmas groups lunches and dinner, and business celebrations - they have all been excellent in terms of service and food quality. And this latest dinner with my husband was no exception when we sampled their Summerlicious offering. Well done and thanks to Michael and his staff for never disappointing us and always providing high quality food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyed!MelDDined on 7/5/2014My husband and I and another couple had dinner at Aria Bistro and Lounge last Saturday night. It was a warm evening, so we sat outside on the lovely patio. Our friends had crab cakes and calamari which they said was very good; I had a caesar salad, which was delicious. The guys had the steaks and the ladies had the chicken. I don't think I've had too many better meals - ever- anywhere! This restaurant is a MUST TRY!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanted to enjoy our trip to AriaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2014We saw this lovely old house and thought it looked like a great setting for a restaurant and the new patio looked beautiful from the street, so we decided to give it a try. There was no one there to greet us when we arrived, but finally were seated, the place was empty and the tablecloth had a stain on it. We were seated by the window, which had a nice view but lots of dust and cobwebs. When the waiter came we asked for a wine list and were given a dessert menu with some special dessert drinks, it was quite a while before we got a menu. When the wine came it was two small bottles and no container to chill the white wine we ordered, it was set on the dusty window
- The following 27 reviews are from the Aria Bistro & Lounge reviews archive.
- Review for Aria BistroAriaDined on 6/21/2014We took my cousin and his wife for his birthday. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. They went out of their way to get us anything we wanted. The food was absolutely delicious and nicely presented also the ambience was outstanding. Michael paid attention to us and we appreciate that very much. I would recommend Aria very highly. Our 35th wedding anniversary is coming up this weekend and we are taking our family for dinner on Saturday night. Looking forward to it.Special Features:
- bread is awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/16/2014So was everything else! Found you on Tripadvisor and will definitely come back. Their patio is very nice for outdoor dining.Special Features:
- Lovely new restaurant in BramptonSharonVIPDined on 6/15/2014Enjoyed a lovely Father's Day lunch on the patio. Great food, great service. The best restaurant in Brampton.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/28/2014The food was good - not great. But the facility is not accessible. There are stairs into the restaurant and no bathroom on the main floor. I have trouble walking upstairs therefor I could not access the washrooms. Because of this we will not return.Special Features:
- Almost flawless.MoarFoodDined on 5/18/2014The food was great. The Calamari was typically battered with a melt-in-your-mouth texture and paired with a delicious lime aioli. I had a horseradish encrusted NY striploin. I requested it to be cooked to rare but it turned out to be closer to medium-rare. Still very tasty. My Mom (this was a Mother's Day treat) had the cajun chicken pasta which left something to be desired in the sauce. It wasn't my dish, so I can't comment much more on that dish. My only complaint is of our server, Ari, who upon requesting our drink order leaned in entirely too close to my mother with his hand on the back of her chair and his face inches from hers. Generally creepy guy and an uncomfortable experience for my mother.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All-round deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/15/2014Although a little pricy for eating here on a regular basis, it is the perfect place for a special evening - we celebrated our 10th anniversary here. The atmosphere is warm & welcoming, the staff were fast & friendly, and the food was very tasty (and filling).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A diamond in the roughjdiningDined on 5/11/2014Brampton is not known for it's fine dining!! But I've lived in Brampton for 20 years and only now have I found something special. This place is beyond words, you just have to taste it for yourself. The price is high, but so worth it!! I plan on trying everything on the menu, 1 visit at a time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aria = ExcellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/3/2014Michael Cherry and staff at Aria are dedicated to providing the best dining experience anywhere. Michael has taken a lovely old home, updated it while keeping the bones of the building and just making it beautiful. He has talented chefs, personable and efficient waitstaff, and then there's Michael--everywhere--checking on everything. Open Table doesn't give enough space for an in depth review. Full text of my review is on Trip Advisor. Please read there--and all the other great reviews. See you on the patio--we'll be regulars!
- Great place to celebrate a birthdayCustomsGirlDined on 4/23/2014Food was impressive, robust wine list, and a delicious chocolate bread pudding dessert. I will be back.Special Features:
- Daughter's birthdaypierreDined on 4/5/2014Thank you to Michael and his staff for an amazing dinner for our daughter's birthday. Looking forward to the opening of your patio. 85Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014Dinner was great, servers were great. Got there early and was accommodated. First time there, would return in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014First time at Aria Bistro was Valentines. Had a pre set menu Restaurant was busy but not at capacity. seated right away, but no waiter for 15 min. when the waiter finally came, took our full order then disappeared. got our appetizer from another waiter 10 min later, then didn't get our salad for 45min, had to ask another waiter walking by to check on our food. waited an additional 1hr5min for our entree. Asked another waiter for our dessert to go, we couldn't waste any more time at the restaurant being there for 3hrs. Our waiter finally reappeared with our bill in 5 min, no apologies or explanation for their service. I'm sorry to say that i will not be returning back to Aria Bistro. over priced, average food, the service is garbage.
- Valentines DayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014Nothing to complain about - nothing to rave about. But for Brampton, pretty good choice from the chains.Special Features:
- Soory, I can't hear you!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Piped in music uncomfortably loud. Requests to moderate it, so we could speak to each other, were ignored. Cutlery and dishes removed after each course, but no cutlery for subsequent courses.
- OverpricedKevgenDined on 2/14/2014Would gladly pay for good food, but food was ok at best!
- Gem in Bramptonsuki42Dined on 2/13/2014Have been to this same location under the 2 previous owners. We tried this restaurant under the new owners for the first time... had the winterlicious menu. Regular menu quite high prices so didn't want to take a chance on the initial visit. Very nice atmosphere, absolutely delicious food (salmon was cooked to perfection (not dry) and steak was done to the way I wanted..rare) , very good presentation, friendly servers.... will definitely go back. My wife said the ladies washroom was impressive. We were told that this restaurant will have a fantastic patio which we will definitely try out this summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I had dinnerRosalindaDined on 2/13/2014My husband and I had dinner at Aria Bistro and Lounge in Brampton on February 13, 2014, the last day of 2014 Winterlicious. We were happy to find good selections in the affordable Winterlicious menu. The servers are very happy (good sense of humor), professional and attentive to the needs of the diners. Excellent food and to-die-for dessert! We will definitely plan to dine at this restaurant once again in the very near future. I will recommend to my friends and relatives as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service excellence!JHConnellDined on 2/10/2014Our dinner was paced leisurely by the wait staff. No need to rush, enjoy the meal and the company. A wine list with some items that need to be tried for the first time and some old favourites. A menu that includes all tastes, even vegetarian; both as appetizers and entrees. The setting is romantic and historic. A definite 5 star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now I know why it is #1 in BramptonCanadianTravellorDined on 2/8/2014My wife and I with another couple went to Aria to taste their Winterlicious. The choices were great and everything was fabulous! What made the evening special on an ordinary dine out was how all the waiters were so friendly and at tentative. Mike, the owner, took our reservation on the phone with such a courtesy and professionalism and took the time to come by and introduce himself and the restaurant and double checked to make sure we had a great experience with everything. They also provided free sampler before the meal and even went out of the way to try and please us on an after-dinner drink to end the evening. This place will be our go-to-restaurant from now on. So glad that we live nearby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wow!dolupeDined on 2/7/2014The attention was exellent..... I really like the place; the food was good, the waiter very attentive....I recomend this restaurant to any one.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencebramptondinerDined on 2/1/2014Loved this restaurant- ambience was amazing, staff was very friendly. The food was delicious and the service impeccable. Definitely recommend this restaurant- very elegant dining for Brampton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went there for a pre concertnightoutDined on 1/30/2014Went there for a pre concert dinner. Food was awesome, staff and owner where friendly. Service seemed a little slow, considering there were only 6 other people in the resturant. Would definately go back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2014Food was wonderful and our waiter was attentive. Only negative comment, we were there for a romantic evening and had a nice intimate table, but then a large group with kids were seated beside us so that made it a little less romantic. We of course made the best of the evening and will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Special ExperienceKerirDined on 12/31/2013We attended the New Years Eve special dinner seating. The food choices were impressive and included vegetarian or vegan selections. Each dish was delicious and the servings were very hearty. Ingredients were fresh, well prepared and beautifully presented. Even the complimentary bread was great. The prime rib was the tastiest and most tender serving of beef I've ever eaten. The staff was wonderful, very friendly and positive. They were very attentive and were more than happy to answer questions with both knowledge and humor. It was obvious that they took pride in the restaurant. We were also impressed by the decor. We ate upstairs, but they do offer many tables downstairs. I look forward to dining here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, food and atmosphere!CathyDined on 12/31/2013Enjoyed a lovely New Years Eve dinner at Aria with 5 of my friends. The food was delicious, service was excellent and atmosphere was elegant and romantic. Cost was good too. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.