490 E. Paces Ferry Rd.
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aria-atl.com/
- Phone: 4042337673
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Gerry Klaskala
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Aria can easily accommodate groups up to 15 during regular dinner service and offers semi-private dining for up to 24 guests. If you are interested in an exclusive private event, Aria can accommodate up to 75 guests for a seated meal or 120 for a cocktail reception with passed hors d'oeuvres.
Aria is happy to accommodate buyouts and luncheons
- Private Party Contact: Andres Loaiza 4042337673
A word from Aria
In the heart of Buckhead lives a restaurant destined to thrive on contrast versus "concepts." Guests enjoy prominently featured "slow food" Patiently braised, roasted, stewed or simmered ingredients that deliver the ultimate in flavor, in avant-garde environs that showcase the talents of emerging, artists, including Chef Gerry Klaskala.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Aria reviews from OpenTable diners
191 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (154)fit for foodies (118)romantic (118)notable wine list (87)neighborhood gem (33)good for groups (18)hot spot (10)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (5)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Too much ado about nothingMayferdVIPDined on 8/20/2014The food is basically OK, but it will never reach a one star with Michelin. The hype over this restaurant is way overblown. We would frequent it again if the prices weren't so ridiculous high.
- top formBrookhavenFoodiesDined on 8/18/2014Even great restaurants have ebb and flows. Some from kitchen or staff or the patron. Tonight all was perfect for a special birthday celebration. We dine 4 to 5 times a year for a decade or so and this night was absolutely great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diner1VIPDined on 8/16/2014Really amazing food!!! Enjoyed it to the last bite.Special Features:
- AriaCpalaw53Dined on 8/14/2014My favorite restaurant in Atlanta. Very eclectic with excellent menu. Always get crab cakes and the warm cheesecake .Special Features:
- Dependable dining experienceCharvisitorDined on 8/12/2014I have eaten at Aria many times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Birthday at AriaARK73VIPDined on 8/11/2014Fine dining with exceptional food, wine, and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatCrickettDined on 8/9/2014Seated promptly, servers were attentive but not interruptive, and I noticed they all smiled. My husband loved the wine list. Presentation of dishes was very eye appealing as well as being delicious. Dishes were prepared as requested. The lamb was excellent. Our friends had the trout and thought while tasty, felt portion was small. Ambiance was soothing. We were celebrating 2 birthdays and our night out was great.Special Features:
- 25th Wedding AnniversaryRockyDined on 8/9/2014Recently had a wonderful dinner at Aria. Wonderful dinner, attentive (but unobtrusive) service. Couldn't have been better!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceConnieDined on 8/9/2014Our first time at Aria and we were pleasantly surprised at what a great meal and service. The dining room is relatively quiet so you can have a conversation without shouting at one another. Service was impeccable. Food was very good. But it is on the pricier side so for most people it would be appropriate for special occasions or when you want to treat yourself to something special. We will definitely keep this restaurant on our list to revisit again. I especially like the fresh ingredients used for vegetables. I had scallops and my husband had striped bass. Both were prepared to perfection. The appetizers were very good as was the dessert. Both were clearly made with the very freshest of ingredients. I recommend Aria for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great butNobodiesperfectDined on 8/7/2014Food and service was fine. However their website is misleading re. times and parking is a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special date night spot!buckeyegirlDined on 8/2/2014We went for our anniversary and to celebrate a birthday. The food was amazing from start to finish! We had the tomato and watermelon salad (so refreshing), mixed green salad with goat cheese (very good), ricotta stuffed squash blossom over buttermilk greens (amazing flavor, texture, and combination of warm and cool), strip steak (cooked perfectly with delicious bourbon sauce that doesn't overpower and peas/potatoes were perfect compliment), scallops (melt in your mouth), cheesecake (to die for!). Our waiter was very attentive and they wrote on our plates to wish us a happy anniversary/ birthday. It was expensive, but totally worth it for that special occasion. We will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousEricYumDined on 8/1/2014Braised Beef Short Rib was amazing! Pan Seared New Bedford Jumbo Sea Scallops were delicious too.Special Features:
- ARIA for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014A very nice anniversary dinner, service was eager without being intrusive, timing was excellent. We had the tasting menu, presentation was lovely, taste was excellent. The wine steward made appropriate recommendations. All in all lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always love AriaLuluVIPDined on 7/31/2014This is a restaurant that never disappoints. Even if I usually order the short short ribs every time I'm there, I know that everything is wonderful on the menu. The service is great and we always get a warm welcome.Special Features:
- Beautiful findarnieDined on 7/29/2014First time to Aria. Ordered crabcake appetizer, came on a Thai salad bedding. Had fresh cilantro/ and or fresh basil. Slightly smaller than expected, but tasted wonderful. For the main course ordered pan fried Halibut.(7 oz). Came with a jalapeno sauce. I'm not big on very spicy, but read a revue that said it wasn't spicy. Took a chance and sauce had a very nice flavor without being overpowering. Halibut was thick, moist and cooked perfectly. For dessert, opted for chocolate espresso cake. Small, but perfect after meal. Delicious. Service was very attentive. Overall could not have asked for a better meal. Looking for an excuse to go back. Just fyi, very small parking lot on side of building but they also have valet parkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerridelacruzDined on 7/28/2014My wife and I were there for our anniversary (it was on Monday) and we couldn't have picked a better place: Service was outstanding just like the food and the general enviroment was quiet and great for a nice conversation.Special Features:
- Great foodatlantafoodieDined on 7/28/2014The food is consistently good, as if dining in a fine European restaurant. The desserts are particularly outstanding. The lemon pound cake is absolutely superb. I have begged the dessert chef for the recipe for years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food bad crowdNot4kidsDined on 7/25/2014Unfortunately we managed to pick the night where a couple decided to bring a screaming baby and a large group of really loud women decided to have a birthday party. The food and service were impeccable but the surrounding dinner guests decided to semi-ruin it! Not sure if the restaurant could do anything -just a little unlucky for a Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs updatingTookseyDined on 7/23/2014Food was great. Service was knowledgeable, friendly and just plain amazing. Sadly, both my wife and I (late 30's) felt like we were dining in a retirement community. With so many other options out there- One Eared Stag, 246, Bocado, Abattoir- just to name a few, *(and for a fraction of the cost) I'd skip Aria and venture out somewhere else where the food and service is just as amazing, but the vibes are much warmer. A 'chilly' experience to say the least. My wife compared it to a waiting room at a dentist's office. Sad to see that one slip, used to be one of our favorites.Special Features:
- tries hard...but doesn't make gradeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/22/2014Booked this based on reputation. The room is weirdly decorated...not annoying but strange. Service was off.....lots of questions to us but no suggestion and no sense of taking care of us. Starters were excellent. Mains were disappointing. Wine list was ok. Anyway....nowhere near fine dining. Just expensive dining.
- Treat Yourself!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014My husband and I wanted to have a romantic dinner together alone while in Atlanta. Our experience was nothing short of exceptional! Our server, George, was personable and knowledgable. I am particular about the kind of wines I like and his suggestion was spot on! We started off with the stuffed squash blossoms, which the chef kindly split on two plates without our asking. My husband, who is afraid of vegetables, was in heaven. The ricotta was fresh and the salad was not overly dressed, which let all of the components shine on their own. My husband had the ribeye, which was a very generous portion. I had the duck breast and it was cooked to perfection! Next time you are in ATL, do yourself a favor and dine at Aria!Special Features:
- Anniversary NightLuvona2waystreetDined on 7/17/2014I highly recommend Aria. The food was delicious and the service was outstanding. They went out of their way to make our night memorable. I had the sea scallops and my husband thoroughly enjoyed the 16oz ribeye.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerKRinATLVIPDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I enjoyed our meals very much. We had the foie gras, scallops and duck and they were excellent. Our desserts were also yummy. Be careful if your waiter suggests any wine pairings. I was shocked when we got our bill to find that the one ounce of wine that was suggested to go with the foie gras cost $37. I would have never agreed to try the wine if I had known it cost $37! Our waiter also went MIA towards the end of our dinner and we had to wait to order dessert, wait to get our check and wait for the credit card to be picked up. Not the service I would expect from such a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie11Dined on 7/12/2014Great food, service and place to celebrate a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aria is among the city's finestFrenchyVIPDined on 7/5/2014I once again this year chose Aria as the place to celebrate my birthday dinner. It never disappoints. Our terrific server, Nathan, has been there a long time and is very knowledgeable and accommodating. The atmosphere is as outstanding as the food. My date had the fois gras and I had a special small pasta with porchetta and shaved parmesan as our appetizers. Both to-die-for. For our entrées, my date had the trout and I had the peppercorn rib eye, both dishes with lady peas. Incredible meals. We look forward to returning to Aria, and just not for a special occasion!Special Features:
- Great place for special occasionIvesDined on 7/5/2014The restaurant is very nice. The service was excellent as was the food. But, be prepared to pay. The only negative is the restaurant is somewhat loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good dinner experienceBobbyVIPDined on 7/5/2014We have dined at Aria several times on trips to Atlanta in the last few years. Food is always very good with a nice wide selection. Service is very attentive and the pacing is very good. Overall I would rate it as a 4.5 if I could.Special Features:
- Fabulous nightFoodloverDined on 7/3/2014Everything about our anniversary celebration at Aria was terrific. We ordered the 5 course tasting menu which was perfectly executed and presented. The portions were generous but not overwhelming allowing us to enjoy everything presented. The food at Aria is always great but the tasting menu combinations were fabulous. Aria is always our "go to" restaurant for special nights and once again rose to the occasion.Special Features:
- Great artistic food.JamesVIPDined on 7/3/2014The food was wonderful. We had the duck and the lamb. My only issue was the prices were about 10% higher than they should have been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CelebrationTinaDined on 6/28/2014I decided to try this place because of the many wonderful reviews I read and it did not disappoint. We split the braised lobster appetizer which was very tasty. My husband had the lamb and I had the duck; both were cooked perfectly. There were a few reviews about the portion sizes but honestly we both felt the portions were quiet filling and left feeling satisfied. With drinks and desserts, our meal cost around $180 so it's a little pricey but we felt it was worth it. The only hit against this place is the lounge/bar area is very small so if several people are waiting, it can become a little cramped; however we were seated within 10 minutes of our reservation so it wasn't too big of a deal. This place is a must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special evening with wifeGeorgiaGuyVIPDined on 6/26/2014We opted for the tasting menus and it was fabulous. They also paired wines for us with each course. Service was crisp and appropriate. We may have found a new favorite for Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Aria very special placeCpalaw53Dined on 6/24/2014Crab cakes and warm cheesecake are a must have. It is where to go for special evenings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TigerDined on 6/23/2014Excellent in all aspects!! We will return when we return to Atlanta.Special Features:
- Seafood HeavenOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/21/2014I loved everything I ate here. The sommelier is awesome as well. This place has some of the best seafood in town. I had the Octopus appetizer and the Red Snapper which were both amazing. It's definitely one of the best restaurant in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014The only drawback was the temperature in the restaurant. Very cold, almost uncomfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightFirsttim3Dined on 6/21/2014Perfect date night or special occasion restaurant. Service was wonderful and food was delicious. It is on the smaller side of restaurants inside so a bit crowded feeling but overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food...RushedWedinewhenwecanDined on 6/21/2014We haven't had such fantastic food in one sitting. But what brings the star rating down to 4, from what should be a 5, is the "let's hurry up and get your food order so you can eat it real fast so we can get someone else seated at your table" mentality. Part of what makes great restaurants great is the pleasure of dining and relaxing and enjoying the whole experience. Unfortunately, Aria seems to value time (and money?) over allowing their customers that pleasure. Other reviewers are right about this. Too bad the service can't be as enjoyable as the food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014Good wine list with reasonable prices. We loved the grilled octopus appetizer.
- Can't wait to go back!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/20/2014From the awesome meal to the exceptional service, everything was fantastic! We will be going back next time we are in Atlanta! Be sure and try the Tomato and Watermelon salad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a visitjskenndyDined on 6/20/2014We were surprised to learn Aria has been here for 13 years, used to go to the Hedgerose Rest in this location. Had a gift card. The food was very good. I had the foie gras and braised pork and belly, my wife the pasta with poached egg and herb crusted red snapper. Waiter recommended an expensive glass of wine with the foie gras, which tasted extremely good, but was only 3 oz. The pork was good but I wasn't expecting how fatty the belly was. For us, the wine list was out of our budget, so it detracted from our evening. But we're glad we went.Special Features: