5 Riverside Ave.
Westport, CT 06880Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.arezzowestport.com/
- Phone: (203) 557-9375
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 11:30am -3:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Joshua Santangelo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Arezzo Ristorante
Established in NYC, Highly Zagat rated.It's hard to resist Arezzo,which offersTuscan specialties in a rustic classic setting with amazing Al Fresco riverfront dining.There is an emphasis on fresh homemade array of pastas, Parpadella Short Rib Ragu,Ravioli All Aragosta, Prime Aged Steaks and Seafood.The menu projects a sophistication that has discriminating eaters truly enjoy.The Chef Vinicio Llano adheres to a simple refined concept of crafting great food with the finest Proditti D'Italia,using local ingredients paired with selection of wonderful Italian Wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Arezzo Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Westport ›
Arezzo Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (37)scenic view (32)neighborhood gem (18)special occasion (15)fit for foodies (14)good for groups (11)romantic (10)notable wine list (8)great for lunch (7)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Arezzo is Better than Other Italian RestaurantscwheelDined on 11/15/2014Here is why. The soups are always homemade, and made with freshly prepared veggies, squash or whatever the ingredients are, you can be assured of a low salt, rarely any fat and very tasty fresh and health soup. Second, the salads are the same, I especially like the chopped Arezzo salad or the beet salad. Third, the branzino, salmon and halibut preparations are always great. No-one does halibut better, most other restaurants overcook and toughen the dish. Juan the owner installed an Italian brick oven for great pizza and other dishes. All in all, the prices are very good for the town, the food quality is excellent, and the host is engaging and involved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winner2todineVIPDined on 11/12/2014We frequent Arezzo regularly. The food is always high quality, the service always friendly and efficient and the Tagliatelli with wild mushrooms are the best !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyed itOutstandingDined on 11/1/2014Nice place, good food and valet parking on the weekend. It fit the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third Time A CharmHR100813Dined on 11/1/2014We went to Arezzo for a THIRD time in just about 6 weeks....that is how much we like the food, service and atmosphere, and the valet parking is nice too. We had a party of 6 with 4 friends that were first timers and all loved the experience. Jaun the owner is really a great guy and stays involved socializing with the guests but monitors everything to keep up the high standards. You will enjoy Arezzo and we look forward to another great evening. They are 3 for 3.Special Features:
- MattieDined on 10/31/2014Friendly service. Good food. One of my favorite spots, right on the river. Great if you can eat outside but fun any time of the year!Special Features:
- Must have been the Chef's Night OffMarthaBabyDined on 10/30/2014I was seated in the light of the kitchen door, although other tables were available. While waiting for my dinner guest, I was served tiny slices of pizza and a bread basket and both were stale. The beet salad was delicious, but it was not artfully composed, and seemed like the beets had been placed there the day before, with the lettuce tossed on top. I ordered rack of lamb. It was the first rack of lamb I've ever eaten that was tough. Also, the portion was too large for one person. The mashed potatoes were cool on the service, and tasted watery, as if they came from a box of mashed potato flakes. No flavor at all. My companion felt the dinners had been prepared ahead of time. We will try this place again. It had to be an off-night.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014Wonderful! One of the best restaurants in Westport! Food is delicious--they really know what they're doing.Special Features:
- 2nd Time ...Great again!HR100813Dined on 10/16/2014We took some new friends there that are real foodie types which is always some pressure as you always hope the dining is as good as you said....Again the evening was outstanding!!!! Great food, every course and the very best service. Granted it was an early dinner of 5:30 PM before going to the Westport Playhouse and the staff had only few tables to deal with but the service, friendliness and the food was fantastic. We all ordered different entrees and everything was excellent. The broth in the mussels and clams was so good! The Veal Milanese was outstanding. The Butternut Squash Ravioli also was super. The home made duck pasta was excellent as was the lobster ravioli...Great menu, beautiful decor, outstanding view and the best service.Special Features:
- Special lunch diningTopcrostataVIPDined on 10/13/2014Comfortable, friendly and dependable, this lovely restaurant with rotating art is a great spot for fresh Italian dishes. Very nice thin crust pizza and salads, we returned a second time for lunch while on an overnight North Ct. Inn stay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New owners still great!HR100813Dined on 10/4/2014The restaurant should be #1 in all of Westport CT. The restaurant is on the Saugatuck river and the outdoor dining views are one of the best in all of CT for a fine restaurant!!!!! This was our first visit under the current owner and management and 5 stars for a great job! The decor changes and menu and the super service with the owner involvement all worked so well for us!!!!! The food was fantastic....everything was so far beyond what we expected. You will not go wrong trying Arezzo and helping them be successful.Special Features:
- DisappointedjustalocalVIPDined on 10/4/2014A great spot for waterside, outside dining and looks like a good bar area if that's what you are looking for, but if you are going for a good dining experience definitely not the best. Mixed opinions on the food. No one raved about anything. The risotto special was served like a plate of brown mush -- really unappealing.Service was ok, but felt rushed (entrees came out almost immediately after appetizer course), and it's always rude to remove the plates from the table before everyone is finished. Servers could definitely use some training. Overall, just ok. Fortunately, lots of other local choices that get it right even if they don't have the view.Special Features:
- Eat outsideSPKCTDined on 9/27/2014Since the food, service and indoor atmosphere are all just OK, a trip to Arezzo is only worth it if you can sit outside and enjoy the view of the river.Special Features:
- YuckGlutenMeDaveDined on 9/13/2014Competition must be poor for this place to still be in business. Pizza was cold and flavorless. Pasta was overcooked. Mozzarella over cheap jarred artichokes and the mozzarella was obviously old since it was grainy. Westport has some decent restaurants too, but looking around at the crowd, I think I understand. There were either a) older folks or b) people with young kids. I would give the place one star, but the waiter was very nice and did his best. Oh yeah, the bozo manager trying to up-sell on the wines when they were obviously distributor blow outs too - c'mon!
- Enjoyable!FantasticDined on 9/4/2014The chance to dine outside on the river on a beautiful night was a real treat! It was my first time here and although I enjoyed many aspects and would most likely return, I thought it was a bit overpriced. The meal was good, but not fantastic which is what I expect for the $29 entree. The waiter was wonderful and very personable. For me, it's the sort of restaurant I might go to on special occassions because of the price, or I would be sure to order pizza instead to keep the cost of my meal at a more affordable level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scottVIPDined on 9/1/2014we went back to the restaurant having not gone for a while . the additional seating closer to the water was a nive improvement. the food and service were both very good...Special Features:
- Great food, awful service.AJDirtDined on 8/16/2014Arrived for rez, were told table would be 5-10 minutes wait, or 20 minutes the most.Big difference: 5 - 20 minutes, for a reservation. Table was actually ready in 2 minutes. Odd communication.Waiter arrived with menus and asked if we wanted a drink.Wine arrived in a dirty glass.It took 10 minutes to flag him down to get a clean glass.After another 10 minutes, waiter took our order. After 20 minutes, busboy brought bread and caponata, but no plates. Immediately after bread was set on table, our entrees arrived. We never received our appetizers. Waiter was very friendly but not at all apologetic. No concessions made, no complementary glass of wine. Would love to eat there again, but this was second time in 1month that service was terrible.Special Features:
- Gorgeous setting, Food is BlandMartyDined on 8/14/2014Such a shame, the setting and wait staff were wonderful. Drinks were good too. The food lacked flavor, seasoning, it was so sad. Lamb chops were burned on the outside and almost raw in the center. Mashed potatoes were unflavored. Risotto, zero flavor and heavy as a brick, very little meat in it as well which was OK because it didn't taste like filet mignon. Some other tables had pizza, they looked good, maybe that is the thing to order here.Special Features:
- Just lovely !2todineVIPDined on 8/10/2014We have been at this restaurant many times and have never had a bad meal or experience. The outdoor patio, open in the summer, is a delightful dining experience. You are not sitting on the sidewalk with the street noise but are in back of the restaurant on a patio flanking the river, quite delightful. This time I had the linguini with wild mushrooms and it was EXCELLENT. Cooked perfectly and no skimp on the mushrooms. My husband had the pasta special and he was very pleased. We brought another couple with us who had never been here and they were absolutely delighted to be introduced to this gem.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014Love the expanded outdoor terrace...beautiful place to dine when the weather is nice.Special Features:
- Good for pre-theaterLocalFanVIPDined on 8/1/2014I nice spot for dining if you are going to Westport Country Playhouse and it also has a good waterside view. A great eggplant tapenade and grill pita arrived almost immediately, but it took way to long over 15 min for our waiter to come - thank goodness for a alert busboy who noticed my disparate looks as I was concerned about curtain time. (It may have been a result of our being at a table - nice view - but that fell in a gap in assignment.) Once a waiter came, he was very responsive to timing - drinks came fast, great beet salad and two entrees, with enough time for a marvelous fig tart and espresso. The baby roast chicken was moist and flavorful; the lamb pasta (fresh) could stand a bit more lamb, but the sauce perfect. We'd return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food with a ViewBandKVIPDined on 8/1/2014This gem is located on the river in Westport and provides excellent outdoor dining. The menu selections are all very good so we will have to return to try them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 121 reviews are from the Arezzo Ristorante reviews archive.
- Great place to celebrate!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/24/2014We've been to Arezzo multiple times and every time has been great. The variation of the menu means that there is something for everyone's appetite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Florence By The RiverDockieDined on 7/20/2014Beautiful setting. Great food. Friendly staff. Consistently good food and friendly service.Special Features:
- DineoutalotDined on 7/18/2014The view of the river was great but it all ended there. There was a man singing who was embaressingly bad. He could not carry a tune. We were told that he often sings there. We couldn't possibly dine there again. We thought we were in a SNL skit.Special Features:
- Beautiful riverfront patioMcelhennyVIPDined on 7/16/2014Arezzo's patio is a lovely place to have dinner on a summer evening. Service was polite & timely until it came time to find our waiter for the check - this is spreading like a virus among restaurants lately. Martinis were as ordered; the carpaccio was prepared very nicely, and the lobster ravioli was appreciated; my veal saltimbocca was a little overdone & as a result a little tough. A very pleasant time overall, though.Special Features:
- Food, Service, Parking, etc..BelvedearDined on 7/12/2014Food was good. I had blackened shrimp over linguine which was tasty and not chewy. My wife had a ravioli dish which she said was very good. Our friends had red snapper which they also said was very good. They were a little short of requested alcohol as they were out of Belvedere Vodka and did not have any Merlot left on their wine list but the substitutes were fine. Service was very good and attentive. Parking is an issue as there is limited street parking so valet is the only alternative. My only concern would be if it rained as all the table were outside overlooking the water. It would have been quite a task to move everyone inside if a storm passed over.Special Features:
- Nice surprise!kaieDined on 7/11/2014I had been at this restaurant several years ago and it left zero impression. It appears there is a new chef and he has worked wonders. We were very pleasantly surprised at the new menu, great staff, and attentive service. The food selection was eclectic and interesting, the portion sizes are huge and over all the whole evening was wonderful. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Lovely escape on a summer day.DiningCTVIPDined on 7/7/2014Had a lovely quiet lunch on a perfect sunny, summer day. Service was friendly but not overbearing. Complimentary pizza was simple and paired well with wine selections. Yummy yellow tomato gazpacho with cold, crisp veggies. Perfectly cooked striped bass for me and seafood risotto for my husband which captured the mood and feel of a Mediterranean afternoon. Lovely chilled limoncello to finish while we watched the paddle boarders glide up and down the Saugatuck. A very pleasant find in Westport.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticgeofVIPDined on 6/27/2014Mike F. was our server and he was great. Very attentive. He gave us good recommendations on the menu- food was excellent. We ordered some wood fired oven pizza- prosciutto and fig - excellent. The housemade cavatelli is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Spot -- Disorganized!AlfrescoDinerDined on 6/21/2014A small group of us sat outside on a beautiful summer night and hoped for a wonderful meal. In spite of our waiter's best efforts, the service level suffered from poor management and organization. We waited about 30 minutes for a glass of wine and then were served our salads immediately. We never got our bread basket, though we received some nice little complimentary mini pizza appetizers. We guessed that was in place of the bread basket, though we noticed some tables had bread. Our food had some flavor, but the salads weren't cold and the pastas weren't hot. Sadly, we left feeling like the kitchen and overall management was being run by amateurs. Could be such a great place if they could get their act together.Special Features:
- Good food, poor serviceRJC27VIPDined on 6/8/2014We had an overall enjoyable dinner here, but while the food was good, the service was clueless. Over the course of the evening we ordered still water and got carbonated, had to ask for fresh pepper, ordered wine that took forever to be brought to the table, asked for cream (for coffee) that never arrived and ordered a double espresso that came as a single. When we asked for our check, after finishing dessert, the waiter suddenly remembered that it was a special occasion for us and brought us another dessert with candle. The wait staff was very very friendly and welcoming, which is a positive, but at these prices the service should be more polished. We'd probably return for a quick meal or pizza, but I can't envision returning for dinner.Special Features:
- Decent food but very poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/7/2014Made reservations for a Sat. night & requested to sit outside-we're taken to our table-they took us to a table that was with a poor view & slightly claustrophobic so I asked for a different table & they were very accommodating. When our food was delivered it-the servers had no idea who ordered what-we had to tell them-I noticed that occurred at other tables as well.Food was good and enjoyable-after our dinner dishes were removed,we didn't see our waiter for 1/2 hour-we were never offered dessert or coffee-other tables were disgusted as well with long wait times for dinner-service & training is lacking and need huge improvementSpecial Features:
- geofVIPDined on 6/5/2014love the new options of pizzas, different seating areas patio, bar , dining room. can order full dinner pastas salads pizza, nice optionsSpecial Features:
- Really good!DebthedinerDined on 5/30/2014Very good filet mignon and truffled mashed potatoes, excellent carpaccio and shaved artichoke salad. We were pleasantly surprised.Special Features:
- Delish!Mb27Dined on 5/18/2014Fabulous lunch after college graduation, food was phenomenal, gorgeous outdoor seatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlowJlauxDined on 5/17/2014When 4 people at different tables raising Their hands at the same time , some thing has to be done.
- Graduation PartythisandthatDined on 5/17/2014Great spot. We had a small party of 10 here. It was an off time, but overall it was great. The service was good, even though they were all trying to get ready for the dinner crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DaySdk12345VIPDined on 5/11/2014I don't know how this restaurant stays open. Floor vibrated everytime someone walked by, our 4 wine glasses on the table used for serving water were dirty when we sat down (glasses were mismatched & replacement glasses were 2 beer glasses & 2 wine stems! Come on....We ordered white wine and 20 minutes after, we were told it was unavailable. The replacement white wine was served unchilled & warm. The chicken scarpiello was missing the sausage, one salmon was cooked properly, the other was raw & after 2 attempts to cook it to my liking, it looked hacked & unappetizing. A new piece, cooked properly should have been offered. Totally not worth the effort or cost. Too bad because of its location on the river. Spend your $ elsewhere in Westport.
- Wonderful setting, service sketchykathVIPDined on 5/11/2014Went on Mothers day so we expected service to be a bit slow but it was really subpar. Took a long time to be waited on and a long time for the food, then the waiter (who didn't write anything down) also forgot our salad and he was never around to ask about it. Then we waited for our check and then had to ask for it again because he forgot.The diver scallop appetizer and two out of the three main entrees (both halibut and snapper) were very good. The Risotto with filet mignon, truffle oil and mushrooms, which the waiter highly recommended, was not. The weather was fantastic so sitting outside by the river made up for a lot. I would go again.
- Outstanding, welcoming, deliciousDINERVIPDined on 5/11/2014This is an outstanding restaurant that serves high quality food with excellent personal service. The new outdoor dining patio overlooking the river is a sophisticated addition to the Westport area. The new pizza oven is a great addition and revised menu is more approachable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.