5 Riverside Ave.
Westport, CT 06880Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.arezzowestport.com/
- Phone: (203) 557-9375
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 11:30am -3:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Joshua Santangelo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Arezzo Ristorante
Established in NYC, Highly Zagat rated.It's hard to resist Arezzo,which offersTuscan specialties in a rustic classic setting with amazing Al Fresco riverfront dining.There is an emphasis on fresh homemade array of pastas, Parpadella Short Rib Ragu,Ravioli All Aragosta, Prime Aged Steaks and Seafood.The menu projects a sophistication that has discriminating eaters truly enjoy.The Chef Vinicio Llano adheres to a simple refined concept of crafting great food with the finest Proditti D'Italia,using local ingredients paired with selection of wonderful Italian Wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Arezzo Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Westport ›
Arezzo Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (37)scenic view (32)neighborhood gem (18)special occasion (15)fit for foodies (14)good for groups (11)romantic (10)notable wine list (8)great for lunch (7)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- MixedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2013Food was just OK and price tag was steep, so overall not worth it. They have a nice patio though for outdoor dining right on the Saugatuck river.Special Features:
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013Service was not great, but it was mother's day weekend, and they were very busy, so restaurant should not be judged on that basis, as it was our first visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tops in My BookLugoGonzoVIPDined on 5/10/2013What can I say? This has become one of, if not my favorite restaurants. I always look forward to our dinners at Arezzo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meet your friends and watch riverAnaloglifeVIPDined on 5/4/2013Greeted warmly, led promptly to table, plenty of wait staff attention, owner(s) feel like old friends - just a great evening. Looking forward to warmer weather when the deck over the river will be open again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A DisappointmentCTfoodieVIPDined on 5/4/2013When we arrived for our reservation, the hostess excitedly told us that she had a terrific table waiting for us. It was in the overly air conditioned, isolated bar with a television airing a sports game. No thanks. When we refused to even wait in the bar and have a drink, a table miraculously opened up, which convinced me that the "no available table" (despite our reservation) was a ploy to drive up our bar bill. In an Italian restaurant, you would hope the bread would be great. Not. The waitress was unfamiliar with the wine list, so she said she'd talk to the owner. He couldn't be bothered to come over, but did recommend an $80 bottle. The salad was OK, the appetizer unexciting and our entres were fine. We won't be back.
- SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/4/2013Second time we were surprised to see a genuine difference. The calamari was very fresh. The pasta was prepared to order and served aldente. Veal passed the cut with a fork test. We will go back.Special Features:
- We went there on a nice ThursdayArun118tVIPDined on 5/2/2013We went there on a nice Thursday evening. We ordered Halibut and salmon and both dishes were very good. Our waiter, Raj was there to please. He was new under training , GChianti we orderedreat guy>. the sad part was that we were the only people enjoying this dinner, very surprising for a nice Thursday evening. We will visit them again. I was not too excited about theSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place. The SpaghettiOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2013Love this place. The Spaghetti Vongole is the best I have ever had!!! The service is exceptional.Highly recommend
- Worth the trip!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/24/2013Great spot w/ great outdoor dining over the river. Friendly staff that goes out of their way to add to the experience, but careful not to interrupt the experience. Awesome food. Steak and fresh beat risotto special was awesome!Special Features:
- The seafood appetizer wasNaples1VIPDined on 4/23/2013The seafood appetizer was terrific. Excellebt Spaghetini and Clam Sauce. The service was very attentive.Special Features:
- Lovely location, great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/20/2013Lovely location, great food! The waiter was totally MIA, to the point where, after waiting 30 mins with our wrapped leftovers and dessert, we finally brought the check and credit card to the hostess station to get processed. We'll be back, though, especially in the summer when we can sit outdoors.Special Features:
- Our dinner was delicious.2todineVIPDined on 4/14/2013Our dinner was delicious. We both had the branzino with escarole and roast potato on the side. A salad as a starter was fresh with the right amount of dressing and a complimentary caponata to start the meal was a nice touch. Service was excellent. There is an outdoor patio overlooking the river, but was too cool the night we went to enjoy outdoor dining. We went on a Sunday evening so the restaurant was not crowded and the noise level was low. We plan on returning to this little gem of a retaurant.Special Features:
- Delicious,friendly findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2013We were very pleased with our choice of this riverside restaurant. The food was better than expected, the service extremely efficient and friendly, with the owner coming to chat twice. We were celebrating an anniversary and felt it was really special. Everything was homemade from the eggplant placed on our table with the bread to the delicious tiramisu. The lambchops, veal and soup were delicious. The calamari was lightly battered and the best ever. Even the house red wine was excellent. It wasn't cheap, but worth the price.Special Features:
- Seek out this restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/24/2013Arezzo was perfect for our family Sunday Lunch (brunch was officially starting up for the season the following week). Our family included 3 grand children, 2 grand parents (myself included) and 4 parents. My husband is on a special diet per Doctor's orders -- and they went out of their way to make a special dish of whole wheat pasta with marinara sauce. He had the ARLECCHINO for starters and loved it! I had the HALIBUT - one of the best I've had. The rest of our party had dishes that included MOZZARELLE TIEPIDA, AREZZO SALAD, FRUTTI DI MARE, and the CIOPPINO DI PESCE. One grandchild had a special pasta made to order -- the other two ordered from the menu and shared dishes. Delicious and well presented dishes :-)Special Features:
- A wonderful surprise. ExceedinglyOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/16/2013A wonderful surprise. Exceedingly fine pastas, breads; every dish was absolutely FINE. A real standout.Special Features:
- Exceptional and fresh food,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/20/2013Exceptional and fresh food, perfectly made. Very attentive yet non-intrusive service.Special Features:
- Very attentive wait staff!diningdiva1Dined on 2/16/2013Very attentive wait staff! Food presented beautifully, but could have been more flavorfull. Will go back over the summer to sit outside!
- Dining review for 2/16/13.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/16/2013Dining review for 2/16/13. Table for two booked online- seated on time Main dining room tastefully decorated in golds and reds with romantic lighting. Service-matre-d welcoming to most guests at tables. waitress - lacked professional skills, unable to articulate menu items, told us to read them off the menu. dinner- All food arrived ver quickly. One entree was missing items(veal saltimboca ). When waitress asked about missing items, we were told the chef does what he wants. No offer to replace/exchange entree. Very salty taste to dinner.Table next to us ordered the same meal with same results. Waitress stated she was not going back into the kitchen, and she was looking for another job. great news !
- Nice restaurant. We haveDmf1Dined on 2/1/2013Nice restaurant. We have been there several times now and the food is very consistent. All of it tasty and prepared well. There a some exceptional dishes and then those that are perfect everyday dishes. This time we had our young teens with us and they were very accomodating to changing things . I would highly recommend this restaurant!!Special Features:
- Love the location. Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/1/2013Love the location. Great restaurant always a good time & service is fantastic.Special Features:
- Don't Miss This Great Italian Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 1/22/2013Wow, what a find. Excellent Italian food, home made pasta great sauces. A wide array of appetizers, entrees. Excellent service. Beautiful restaurant with patio overlooking the river.Special Features:
- Very busy saturday night withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013Very busy saturday night with need for reservations. Service was excellent and attentive.Special Features:
- We went as a family for theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2013We went as a family for the first time to Arezzo and were very pleasantly surprised. The food was really excellent from the frutti de mare appetizer to the pasta and fish dishes. All the dishes were simply and elegantly done, far better than we would have expected. The staff were very attentive and courteous but seemed to be still getting settled in their roles.Special Features:
- Surprisingly good!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/16/2013I came here with a party of four on a Tuesday night for dinner. Service was excellent and the food was much better than we had anticipated! Our table's favorite dish was the chicken scarpaiello (pardon my spelling), and the pastas we had were delicious. The restaurant wasn't too crowded but the waitstaff was not hovering which made for a relaxing meal. Right when we sat down they brought great bread along with a generous dish of olives. Great service, great food, I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Second time there, horribleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/11/2013Second time there, horrible waitress this time, she acted like she was in a diner and very crude and forgetful. Ruined the last impression.Special Features:
- Food is always great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/8/2013Food is always great and the staff are very helpful. Another terrific evening!Special Features:
- We were six of us and weArun118tVIPDined on 12/31/2012We were six of us and we decided to go to a restaurant that none of us had been to. We selected Arezzo and we are going back. With the help of the service we got a good recommendations on food and wine. Most of us ate the wild Halibut and it was just delicious. for 730pm on new years Eve the restaurant was packed.Special Features:
- Simply the best!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/24/2012There were 9 of us at Arezzo on Christmas Eve, and every single person said the same thing about the food: Superb! From the perfect fried calamari to the meltingly tender gnocchi, freshest branzino, richly flavorful risotto with filet mignon and incredible seafood,each dish elicited moans of happiness. Desserts were also wonderful. And the service was that perfect balance of professional courtesy/personal warmth. All we had to do was look up and a smiling server appeared. The room is tastefully decorated with plenty of room between the tables -- a gracious touch. Nice wine list. And the prices are quite reasonable for what you get: generous portions of truly delectable Italian cuisine. Run, don't walk, to Arezzo!Special Features:
- Great Italian in WestportOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 12/17/2012Everything about the restaurant was really good. Can't wait to go back when the weather gets warm to sit outside overlooking the river.Special Features:
- One of the entrees not asBob58VIPDined on 12/14/2012One of the entrees not as described. Owner not interested in dealing with problems. Not customer friendly.
- Pleasantly surprised!atlantadinerDined on 12/8/2012At first I was hesitant to visit this restaurant as the venue has turned over a number of times, but was pleasantly surprised. Their pastas are homemade and the wine list was impressive. Most of all, the service was superb. My husband ordered a wine that they no longer stocked and the manager gave us a better bottle without charging us the higher price! Lovely presentation and high quality food rounded out a very nice evening. My husband ordered the caprese salad and cavatelli with sausage/basil; I ordered the artichoke salad and one of the specials: pappardelle with a venison ragu---delicious! The portions were quite manageable size, not overly large. It led us to think next time to order one pasta to split and our own main.Special Features:
- The best Italian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/1/2012The best Italian restaurant in Westport. Being a transplanted NY'er I've always complained after going for what is considered 'good Italian' in Westport. Finally....a 5* winner. The portions are gigantic and the quality and innovative touch of the chef is stellar. The red sauce is as good as one I had as a child from my Italian Grandmother. Upscale while being very cozy and the staff couldn't be nicer and more professional. The ambiance is one big old GT. Go!Special Features:
- Not a good experienceRMO14VIPDined on 11/30/2012I was disappointed in my experience. Food: My date's description of her dish isn't something I will share here. Let's just say it was bland and visually, it looked terrible. I told her it looked like Risoto Helper. Maybe a bad night, but it wasn't worth the $. The most disappointing part: the bread was stale. When I politely notified the waiter, he returned and told me the manager said it was fresh bread from the morning. 1) I've eaten a lot of bread in my day, and this wasn't fresh 2) the manager didn't tell me this himself 3) when the manager came over at the end of the meal to do the perfunctory "how was everything" check, he didn't even mention it! Also - inattentive service all night. They need to step it up.
- This was our first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/28/2012This was our first time at Arezzo, which was quite good. The caesar salad with little cubes of hot polenta was especially good, and our main courses (a whole branzino and a pasta with meat balls) were first-rate. But we were the only customers in the restaurant the whole time we were there, which felt a bit strange. Obviously the service was very attentive, and the manager came over to ask whether we were enjoying our dinner (which we were), but it all felt a bit odd. A restaurant like this should be full, or certainly much more busy than it was. The food is very good, and our impressions were quite favorable, at least from this first visit.
- Great food and excellent service.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/22/2012Great food and excellent service. So glad we spent our thanksgiving here!Special Features:
- Welcome addition to Westport.SAABDined on 11/16/2012We had a perfect lunch at Arezzo to celebrate a friends birthday. Everything was delicious and we had a lovely chat with the owners about how they decided to branch out from Manhattan. And we are so glad they did! Only complaint, which is the same every eatery in this location has is that the parking is problematic. However, we will be back and find a place to park.Special Features:
- New York Talent moves to WestportcwheelDined on 11/9/2012Arezzo is new to the Westport food scene, but an experienced NYC flatiron establishment that has moved to the suburbs. In NYC A listers were habitués, including Harrison Ford and Calista, Sting and other notables. The reason they came is clear - great food, great service and an attentive ownership which makes sure they know their guests and regulars are attended to politely and timely. The food is a step up, just a little more creative and tasty than most of our very good Italian restaurants. We last had a delicious Salmon dish, a Branzino that was much larger than the normal restaurant serving, and table side filleted with care, and a fettuccini with mushrooms to die for, fresh pasta of course, andsalad with fennel and shrimp,citrus - BENESpecial Features:
- Amazing, inventive and authenticFoodieVIPDined on 11/3/2012Amazing, inventive and authentic Italian style food. Wine choices are more than just pinot grigio and chardonnay--in fact, they're very selective from various regions. The pasta's are homemade and delicious. Try the capellaci--butternut squash ravioli and whole branzino fileted at the table--All pasta dishes are unbelievable. Well worth it.Special Features:
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/3/2012My husband and I were very disappointed in our dinner at Arezzo on Saturday night. The food tasted good, but it was delivered in less than 6 minutes and was barely warm..... almost as if it had already been prepared before we ordered it. I found this very surprising because we were the first customers in the resturant that evening. The service was overly attentive with one or another wait person check on us every few minutes. At least 4 different people came to our table to ask how our food was. I will not reccomend this resturant to others.
- A Must TRY RESTAURANTOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012this will be a restaurant that I can frequent often. This dining area has nooks for when I want a touch of quiet romance and the patio opens onto the Saugatuck for open air seating. Summer dining wil be on my list. Along with a catered party or two. The service was friendly with a glass of wine offered the moment the table was chosen. Our server had a warm presence and seemed to know the menu and wines. they have big plans for their space and I will enjoy their food in the process.Special Features: