160 East 46th Street
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aretskyspatroon.com/
- Phone: 2128837373x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Aaron Fitterman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Whatever your personal style, Patroon offers a private room to match any event, from our exclusive Chef's table to our outdoor rooftop terrace. Patroon is designed to offer flexibility for the most intimate gatherings of 4 to large social gatherings of 400.
- Special Events: Six private dining rooms; 3 rooms that can be combined for flexible space. Rooftop terrace which is ideal for entertaining up to 125 guests for cocktails; AV equipment available; Multi-zone lighting; Wireless internet access
A word from Aretsky's Patroon
Welcome to Aretsky's Patroon, a classic New York City restaurant, owned by legendary restaurateur Ken Aretsky. Aretsky's Patroon offers superb contemporary American cuisine, warm, polished service and beautiful rooms suitable for a wide range of events. Whether you visit us for drinks and a light bite on our rooftop bar, a power lunch in our festive main dining room, or a discreet business dinner in one of our many private event spaces, we know that you will have a superb experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Aretsky's Patroon reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (33)fit for foodies (29)notable wine list (19)great for lunch (17)neighborhood gem (14)romantic (14)good for groups (13)vibrant bar scene (6)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (3)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Just a great place ...AmeyaDined on 8/25/2014Great food, good wine & whiskey, great service, great ambience. what more do you need to make it a great restaurant? Had dinner with a client and it went great. loved the place. my first time here, but will be there again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week home runDivasingsDined on 8/15/2014Used the RW offer to try this long standing midtown icon. Service is outstanding. Make sure to ask Jodi, the sommelier for his wine recommended wine pairing. He has a wonderful palate for matching wine to your meal. The food iwas perfectly prepared, and a trip to the rooftop bar is the perfect beginning or end of a great evening. Absolutely one of the best restaurant week experiences I have ever had.Special Features:
- Snooty but goodNumNum62VIPDined on 8/15/2014We traveled 500 miles to celebrate our 10th anniversary in NYC and did a lot of research in choosing a restaurant for the occasion. We arrived to find a beautiful dining room and fabulous ambiance. But the experience failed to match expectations because of our server, who didn't bother to introduce himself or to be very attentive to our table. It was interesting to note his change in demeanor at other tables, where there seemed to be 'regulars.' So we wondered if this spot prefers to be a neighborhood place instead of one that wants to welcome any travelers. The food was excellent, and the sommelier was very helpful and accommodating. It's too bad our snooty waiter put a damper on the evening.
- Restaurant weekluv2eatDined on 8/15/2014The decor in this restaurant is beautiful, the service not so much, I'm assuming because we were ordering from the restaurant week menu. After pouring me the smallest glass of $16 pinot noir, our waiter took our entire order & we never saw him again. The apps were delicious, for entree we ordered the"sirloin" which was a tiny piece of sliced beef that tasted more like flank steak. The dessert was marscapone & ginger bread the ginger bread tasted stale. No one asked if we our meal was OK at any time. However there was live jazz & I feel if you were ordering off the regular menu it would be a completely different experience.Special Features:
- Will returnaNYCgalVIPDined on 8/13/2014Have wanted to eat at Patroon for a long time. Restaurant Week was the perfect opportunity to try it out. Was very impressed with the food and service. Our table was in an awkward place and not particularly comfortable but it did not stop us from enjoying the evening. My office is close by and I will return.Special Features:
- Finally got to dine at PatroonThePearlDined on 8/7/2014I've been wanting to try Patroon for at least 20 years and tonight finally did. The dining room is beautifully designed with elegant materials. Service was phenomenal and appropriately attentive. Our waiter Jim was terrific and very sweet The food was very well prepared and seasoned from appetizers to desserts. Had a fantastic night and look forward to returning soon!!Special Features:
- WonderfulKevinDined on 8/4/2014As an avid fan of Linda Fairstein, I took my wife to dinner for her birthday. Patroon much more than exceeded our expectations. The dinner was exquisite, the service beyond impeccable. Stephane gracious and welcoming. A fantastic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and classyFoodie45Dined on 8/1/2014Beautiful ambiance, great food and wine, great rooftop barSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent but...neuprDined on 8/1/2014Food and service were excellent. Restaurant week prices were reasonable, but straight menu prices were too high for the quality of food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BreeDined on 8/1/2014I thought the food was good for restaurant week but portion size was a little too small and the food came out a little too fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingWinedandDinedDined on 7/30/2014Not worth the hype. There are better restaurants offering better quality and quantity. Rooftop may not be bad.
- Terrific Business LunchCTxNYCDined on 7/29/2014Great setting and professional friendly staff made my lunch with a former client a terrific and satisfying experience. Service was top notch and food (seared tuna burger) was delicious and prompt. All good!Special Features:
- LuvfoodDined on 7/25/2014Our host was delightful. Jr. The waiter was very attentive to our requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Complete enjoymentZingoga1Dined on 7/23/2014Very attentive staff. Moment you walk in, they are all smiles. Every little request you might have-granted. Quality of food, presentation and flavors are all there. Rooftop bar is another attractive point. Drinks are expensive but delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patronize patroonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Our first time here. We were very impress by the very professional staff who catered to our every needs with courtesy timeliness and grace. Stephan the chef of operations made our evening a most pleasurable one with his charm, food was great but very small portions, the room very gracefully decorated. Will for sure return.Special Features:
- RICHARDDined on 7/22/2014My martini was 3/4 full,for 18 dollars they should full glass to the top.Food was very tasty but small portionsSpecial Features:
- A great business lunch location!JohnDined on 7/18/2014I met a longstanding client at Patroon for lunch at his recommendation. The service was excellent, and the staff was friendly and well-knowledged in the menu. Kudos to JR for making me feel so welcome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionallisoinDined on 7/17/2014First class ding experience. Halibut is sublime . Roasted Brussels sprouts will lead you to make this your favorite vegetable. Service is warm and attentive. Room lighting takes 10 years away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotBennyJDined on 7/17/2014Went to Aretsky's for lunch with two co-workers. The food and service were great. Definitely somewhere we're going to go for future work outings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DateJohn55VIPDined on 7/9/2014This is a beautiful space to bring your date. The host/hostess are extremely welcoming as is the wait staff. Service was excellent. The duck was wonderful as was the fish. Salads and desserts were super. We will go back to sample more of the menu.Special Features:
- Not top-tier...CultivatedDiner22VIPDined on 6/30/2014....even though the prices are! Very mediocre and overpriced food, with a similarly mediocre and overpriced wine list, in a similarly mediocre and overly noisy dining room. Skip this if you want a steakhouse. So many better choices abound in New York.
- linnieVIPDined on 6/26/2014Service was really slow. Noisy Food is great but wow lunch was slow waiter MiaSpecial Features:
- Very disappointingSueCVIPDined on 6/23/2014I've been to Patroon a few times. Last time, which was about a month ago, everything was outstanding. This time we were offered to seat upstairs on their terrace. Big mistake! No umbrella for our table so when the sun came out strong, it was extremely warm. The worst part of the meal was the extremely poor service. We had to ask 3 times for the ice tea that was ordered when we first sat down. When we finally got it, no spoon or straw was provided nor any sugar or sweetener. It wasn't even busy upstairs. So while downstairs is a fine dining experience, it was quite the opposite for upstairs (FYI...same prices). I would strongly suggest that they get their act together upstairs. Would not recommend to take clients there.Special Features:
- Favorite Mid-Town RestaurantArkadyDined on 6/18/2014Patroon has been my favorite mid-town restaurant since it opened - the Tuna burger for lunch can't be beat.Special Features:
- Been around New YorkerEatenAtAllKindsofPlacesDined on 6/13/2014We had a business lunch for 3. Ambiance was top level, food very good and service attentive yet unobtrusive. It was just what we were looking for.
- Pricey but worth itkikiVIPDined on 6/11/2014Staff was so attentive and unobtrusive. My guest and I totally enjoyed the sweetbreads and pork center cut. We will return.Special Features:
- Great for an outdoor spring lunchKellyDined on 5/30/2014I came here with a colleague for a long sit down lunch. We sat upstairs on the roof and it was gorgeous. Great ambiance. The service was outstanding, very attentive. The food was great. I had the risotto paella and it was delicious! I highly recommend for outdoor lunch; would definitely come back here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYCs Classiest Business Lunch SpotItsChrisKDined on 5/23/2014Patroon is a case study for hospitality as it consistently delivers excellence and genuine service - not the condescending kind that you too often encounter at other fine dining establishments. The venue is a personal reflection on the owner, Ken Aretsky who opens his restaurant and art collection up to guests as if in his home and likewise, can often be found personally greeting regulars and newcomers alike. His staff follows suit with tremendous attention to detail and emotive service, both of which make this my go to business lunch spot. After work, the rooftop scene is a bit more low key and fit for both drinks with buddies and business partners. I am a difficult person to please but Patroon always gets five stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for business lunchTopCatDined on 5/19/2014Have been going to Patroon for years. It's always been great, but it was especially great this past week. The swordfish was delicious -- my favorite was the Brussel Sprout salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A standardnybebbiVIPDined on 5/14/2014Aretsky's Patroon serves consistently good food. I often go there for lunch and it never disappoints. The fare is on the lighter side which I prefer. Service is very friendly and professional although there is sometimes a wait for the table despite reservations. The only downside for me is the fairly high noise level common to many Manhattan restaurants. But it gets better after 2 pm.Special Features:
- Got swindledseadogVIPDined on 5/13/2014The maître d has sharp practices. He deliberately substituted my brandy order for the most expensive brandy at $52 a glass. Naturally I did not find out till the bill arrived. Just bad.Special Features:
- great foodfredDined on 5/12/2014my wife loves the steak tartare best in town, service is great, food remarkable as good as anything you ill find anywhere, we always have a great time and like to take first timers to the restaurant they leave raving about the place, a gem...Special Features:
- The following 456 reviews are from the Aretsky's Patroon reviews archive.
- Excellent food; hostess below parGailDined on 4/30/2014She did not smile, and when I greeted my friend in the lobby before I greeted he, she smirked. But that's incidental. For lunch, the tuna, the hamburgers and the bay scallops in season are perfectly prepared. The cheesy flatbread served in the breadbasket is addictive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful ExperienceCochiseDined on 4/28/2014Terrific Service, gracious reception and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Great EveningLeeGDined on 4/25/2014Selected because friends were coming in from out of town and we wanted to spend an evening with good food and enjoying each others company. Done deal. They gave us a table in the back away from the Friday night music where we could talk and enjoy the food and were able to spend over 2 hours in a very comfortable and relaxing atmosphere. The restaurant crew more than met expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotKentDined on 4/16/2014It's a neighborhood treasure. Off the beaten path but not too far. Just far enough for the "locals" to know about and really drink in what it has to offer. The food was delicious and the service was terrific. Definitely a spot to share with friends.Special Features:
- Business LunchHHinNYDined on 4/10/2014Been here several times due to its close proximity from work. Ambiance is good, food is good, service is good. Not bad for a typical, business lunch get-together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern classic and $$$JimboVIPDined on 4/8/2014As good as it gets, but only if you are on a T&E account because it is very expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From a RegularRegularVIPDined on 4/1/2014The Dover Sole was excellent, as always. The quality of the food and service are consistently among the best in NYC.Special Features:
- Exceeded expectations.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/28/2014Small cozy bar and comfortable banquettes. Food and service were outstanding. The wine list is pricey but excellent. Unfortunately it is only open Monday through Friday. A wonderful find on the Eastside of MidtownSpecial Features: