Arethusa al Tavolo
828 Bantam Road
Bantam, CT 06750Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Arethusa al Tavolo
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://arethusaaltavolo.com/
- Phone: (860) 567-0043
- Hours of Operation:
Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm – 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dan Magill
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
A word from Arethusa al Tavolo
Located in quaint Bantam (CT) in the scenic county of Litchfield, Arethusa al tavolo offers an innovative farm-to-table menu that celebrates the products of the Arethusa Dairy Farm. Chef Dan Magill’s cuisine is modern and comfortable; it features daily-chosen farm ingredients and the freshest and most select products.Continued
Arethusa al tavolo offers a progressive dining experience to the Northwest Connecticut dining scene.
We look forward to serving you.
Arethusa al tavolo offers a progressive dining experience to the Northwest Connecticut dining scene.
We look forward to serving you.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Arethusa al Tavolo - Best Restaurants in Bantam ›
Arethusa al Tavolo reviews from OpenTable diners
168 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (144)special occasion (104)neighborhood gem (68)notable wine list (60)romantic (53)hot spot (33)great for outdoor dining (31)great for lunch (26)good for groups (22)great for brunch (15)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- We go everytime we are home!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2014My husband and I have been several times since it opened. The wine list is epic, the food is perfection and the atmosphere is rustic elegance. I love that the menu is ever changing depending on not just the season, but daily. And lets talk about the butter...and the ice cream. Needless to say, we will be back the next time we are in CT...and the next...and the next!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/21/2014impeccible service....delicious food...nice ambiance, but very noisy and hard to hear one another!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all around!cmculbyDined on 11/20/2014Food was exceptional and so was the service. They brought us out little specialty dairy treats throughout the meal, and the topper was the shots of their prize winning milk and cookies with our desert. Staff was exceptional. The environment was fit for our group of four teens, and also for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Charming, welcoming and coolMUF21Dined on 11/16/2014Second time here and still find it terrific, although Sunday lunch doesn't offer a highly interesting menu and we felt a bit rushed too. However, it's a place we drive almost an hour to be there. Will continue to go for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service, great noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/14/2014The service was very attentive, including a stop by from one of the owners. The problem at Al Tavolo is always the noise, so I requested a quiet table. The employees tried hard to put us at a quiet table, but it doesn't exist. The food is inventive and very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tastesmac196Dined on 11/14/2014Food was excellent. Cheese plate delicious, lobster salad great (even though it was about 4 fork-fulls of food), bread and butter excellent, berkshire pork good, duck excellent, cheesecake excellent, sticky toffee pudding excellent. What wasn't excellent was the stress of too much service. I'm sure there are many who disagree, but I could barely have a conversation with my husband since we kept getting interrupted for new plates. I think we had about 10 plates...maybe more, but definitely not less. We plan to go back, but not for a relaxing evening. Nothing about our experience was relaxing. It's loud, people everywhere, nervous servers/busers, and odd seating configuration. Food is definitely worth trying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!AshleyDined on 11/9/2014Every time I go to Arethusa, it is even more incredible than the last. This is a true food experience! Their dishes are so delicately arranged in such beauty that you are compelled to savor every morsel. With that comes a completely different experience than the time before. I'm so confident in any creation from their kitchen that I sometimes will close my eyes and point out any item on the menu. I can promise I have NEVER been disappointed! The most intriguing bite I ate was a tasting from the kitchen of blue cheese mousse and quince preserves in a itty bitty sugar cone. Such a simple treat yet the flavors have danced in my memory ever since. A true gem in CT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!NewKDined on 11/9/2014Well trained staff and beautifully prepared food make this a restaurant the perfect venue for a special occasion or simply lunch/dinner with friends. Well worth a visit!Special Features:
- GigiDined on 11/8/2014This has been my second visit to Arethusa al Tavolo and I wished that I lived closer so that I can dine here more frequently. The food, staff, atmosphere, quality of food is just amazing. Being a foodie; this restaurant is a gem and I will continue to make the 1 hour and 10 minute drive as often as I can.Special Features:
- Another wonderful experience!AandKDined on 11/6/2014My wife and I visited Arethusa al Tavolo for what was probably our sixth time, and on every occasion we have had nothing but the absolute best in service, experience, and food. This restaurant is truly a hidden gem offering a chic atmosphere akin to what one would find in the heart of New York City. The food is amazing, and the staff feels like family at your very first visit. With an energetic yet romantic vibe, al Tavolo is the ONLY restaurant my wife and I frequent for our special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/6/2014The whole experience was wonderful. Second time. Have already recommended it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carol's B'day Dinnerhoward2VIPDined on 11/2/2014From the amuse bouche to dessert, the menu was incredible, the food delicious full of inventive ingredients, and the service excellent. Simply outstanding!Special Features:
- JaferdDined on 10/31/2014As always, a great meal. Wine list is outstanding. The duck was made perfectly with many interesting flavors.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/31/2014our reservation was at 7.30PM and we were seated promptly.. The food and wine were excellent. Nice ambience. Both Marwin the General Manager and later the owner came by our table enquired about the service. Overall I will recommend to anyone. $$$Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!KlsrdDined on 10/31/2014This was our second visit to the restaurant, and we were hoping it would be as good as we remembered. It was even better!!!!! From the elegant presentation of the food, to the exquisite tastes, to the attentive service and the lovely ambiance, it was absolutely wonderful. We will definitely be going again.Special Features:
- consistently excellentCaudilloDined on 10/31/2014Food, service, ambiance and quality of preparation all make eating at al Tavalo something we look forward to at least once a monthSpecial Features:
- BEST RESTAURANT AROUNDeve7713Dined on 10/25/2014I have dined here on numerable occasions and have never been disappointed. The food is out of this world - service is impeccable and everyone is very professional and friendly. Another plus is they now have their liquor license. You couldn't find a better restaurant in NYC.Special Features:
- Great chefStgmayoDined on 10/24/2014This is one of those restaurants where every bite is luscious. Great care is placed on the presentation and the ingredients are either straight from the Arethusa Farm or from local providers. After a bit of a rocky start, al Tavola has become a hot spot, so plan ahead for reservations. This is a wonderful food experience.Special Features:
- EatoutoftenDined on 10/23/2014We had mentioned Anniversary in our reservation request. No one at the Resturant said anything about it. The lady sitting at an adjoining table, sent her cocktail back for a second shot of booze. My Oban after dinner drink was $17.50. It barely covered th bottom of the glass! TACKY!!!! The food, service is great. Now get it together. Well trained staff. Can be quite noisy. I have had 3 visits.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014It was a treat from start to finish. Each new plate offered a mix of beautiful presentation and sumptuous taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantLovinggoodfoodDined on 10/22/2014Both the food and the service were wonderful! Our server was knowledgable, informative, and friendly. I ordered the soup of the day (superb onion soup), duck (done just right; not fatty; delicious), and lemon cheesecake (light, yummy). I give Arethusa al Tavolo my highest recommendation. I just wish it were closer to my home.Special Features:
- Outstanding Dining ExperiencePaulDined on 10/19/2014At long last...we have found a superb restaurant in Connecticut. Amazing meal...food and service impeccable. Great attention to detail. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Perfect AnniversaryjomomstaeatsDined on 10/18/2014We showed up an hour early for our reservation and they were able to accommodate us, so we were off to a good start. From the well-crafted cocktails right through blue fin tuna, diver sea scallop and uni appetizer, a hanger steak done to perfection, and the pecan tart topped with Arethusa pecan ice cream (yum!), every bite was full of amazing flavors that sang out individually. It was a culinary wonderment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!SGFAVIPDined on 10/18/2014Perfection in every way!!! From the relaxed but elegant setting to the imaginative creations that the chef creates. This is by far our favorite restaurant in Litchfield County.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need more wait staff.patentattyDined on 10/18/2014This is a great place and a successful restaurant. But managent needs to staff it appropriately. It took 20 minutes to get glasses of wine and 40 minutes to take our order. Our waitress was great but over taxed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but Pricey for lunchRichardDined on 10/18/2014Lovely atmosphere and memorable food...some choices a bit too pricey. 2 Deviled Eggs $14 was too too much...good but.... Day boat scallops in a perfect dish of bacon, currants, cauliflower. burger excellent. Been there twice and never saw any bread...I think a wonderful crusty bread basket would be appropriate.Special Features:
- WonderfulfoodloversDined on 10/12/2014The food was a wonderful and satisfying combination. We each ordered different starters and entrees and could not decide which was better. It was a place we will return to again.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014We were at the restaurant recently with NYC friends . Everyone found the food and service excellent! Two of us had the lobster roll...superb! Another had shrimp/orzo combinations that was also delicious. It was busy, but not too noisy and made for a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bantam BeautyMomskitchen54VIPDined on 10/10/2014Loved everything about Arethusa! Beautiful setting, attentive service and delicious food. Favorite dishes = Duck with pumpkin, Arctic char and beignet with cider and dulce de leche❤️Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jojoDined on 10/8/2014The dining room had a clean, fresh and comfortable appearance. The service was friendly, courteous and seemed eager to please. The kitchen was very accommodating splitting salads and first courses and the food very good. I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beadtiniDined on 10/8/2014Top notch food ; attentive but not overbearing service; Its the little things that count - the amuse'bouche of mini cheese filled ice creme cones served in an egg crate and the ending treat of shotglasses filled with the delicious fresh milk they produce with the mini cookies made this dining experience memorable. I am getting friends and coworkers excited to try the restaurant. Cant wait to return!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/5/2014Excellent, subtle food. Masterful gentleman who runs the front of the restaurant. Service is impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food in W. CtJoshVelaDined on 10/3/2014Had an amazing meal here, the staff was great…attentive but not hovering and with personalty. All the food we had was as good as anywhere in the world…the use of the products from their farm made a noticeable accent to the craftsmanship with which they were prepared. And stop in to their store next door for butter and cheese to take home.Special Features:
- Fine Dining in the CountrySomeoneVIPDined on 10/3/2014Friendly, welcoming restaurant tucked in a small town in Connecticut. Fine food in manageable portions. Excellent service--efficient and eager to please. Entertains both a local crowd and those who come from a distance, so a nice mix of diners. Not pretentious.Special Features:
- Return Worthy Dining ExperiencehappydinerDined on 9/28/2014Food, service, atmosphere, decor - impeccable. Great attention to detail all around. Very nice complimentary appetizer, and little glasses of Arethusa's superbly rich milk accompanied by delectable little peanut butter cookies was a very nice touch to end a perfect meal. Everything we had was excellent and beautifully presented. I must remark again about the service - everyone was so attentive and seemed genuinely happy to accommodate diners. We will definitely return and highly recommend a visit.Special Features:
- Country PleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014What a wonderful restaurant. I had read and heard so much about it. I was not disappointed. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Outstanding in all ways.PenelopejaneDined on 9/26/2014Locally sourced ingredients, knowledgable and helpful staff and an inspired menu. Even the bread is worthy of mention, they should sell it in their shop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/26/2014Decorations are very handsome. Service is excellent--lots of checking in and care. Food is beautifully presented and really tasty. The only bad part was that noise level gets in the way of talking with the person across the table. I would think twice about going again for that reason.Special Features:
- Another Spectacular Dinner!PamelaDined on 9/18/2014Food here is excellent - just wish the noise level was less "energetic". Hard to talk at a table for 2. Service feels scripted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PFPLAFDined on 9/17/2014Outstanding as always. Arethusa never dissappointsSpecial Features: