Arethusa al Tavolo
828 Bantam Road
Bantam, CT 06750Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Arethusa al Tavolo
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://arethusaaltavolo.com/
- Phone: 8605670043x
- Hours of Operation:
Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm – 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dan Magill
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
A word from Arethusa al Tavolo
Located in quaint Bantam (CT) in the scenic county of Litchfield, Arethusa al tavolo offers an innovative farm-to-table menu that celebrates the products of the Arethusa Dairy Farm. Chef Dan Magill’s cuisine is modern and comfortable; it features daily-chosen farm ingredients and the freshest and most select products.Continued
Arethusa al tavolo offers a progressive dining experience to the Northwest Connecticut dining scene.
We look forward to serving you.
Arethusa al tavolo offers a progressive dining experience to the Northwest Connecticut dining scene.
We look forward to serving you.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Arethusa al Tavolo - Best Restaurants in Bantam ›
Arethusa al Tavolo reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (132)special occasion (112)neighborhood gem (69)romantic (59)notable wine list (59)great for outdoor dining (36)hot spot (28)good for groups (26)great for lunch (22)great for brunch (13)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Fantastic Arethusa!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014It is not often that you find a Restaurant and Chef so good, that you want to try everything he cooks and sit at a table facing another angle to see what that holds. We found both at Arethusa. We had a wonderful dinner with our two older children. Lucky for us, since we had gotten the reservation night wrong. The manager was able to seat us immediatly and they were very understanding. We all had something different, and everything was perfection. Our appitizers and entrees were delicious and cooked perfectly. Our only regret was not being able to taste the remainder of the menu, fortunately, we look forward to another visit. Not to miss: the Duck, Red Snapper, and don't miss dessert.Special Features:
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Excellent flavorful food with wonderful presentation! The waitstaff, particularly, Danielle was outstanding. Very pleasant and helpful with our foodie questions! Would highly recomnend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsMaliroDined on 8/28/2014This is truly a gem. The food is innovative and beautifully presented, and extremely delicious. No dish has disappointed, from appetizers to dessert or the cheese plate. Manwar does an excellent job at running this restaurant, as he has at other establishments. The noise level was a bit high for easy conversation and the waiter could have been a bit more familiar with the specials of the evening, but overall we still rank it as the best restaurant in the Greater Hartford/Litchfield areas.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dinner and EveningsydbVIPDined on 8/24/2014We were delighted to find this wonderful restaurant; service very attentive; food delicious and beautifully presented. Glad to have found such a top quality restaurant in the area. Was a bit noisy, but when tables started to empty, noise eased up. Will definitely plan to return.Special Features:
- ArathusaKBiznessVIPDined on 8/23/2014fantastic food, locally sourced. great dairy store next door. probably the cleanest place I have ever seen. a real find for the area. highly recommend.Special Features:
- Better than I anticipated!!SableFoodieDined on 8/20/2014This was my first time dining at Arethusa al tavolo and it was wonderful! The staff was friendly and welcoming. The entire kitchen staff and our waitress catered to my special food needs without making it seem bothersome as other places have. Dishes came out compliment of the chef and pastry chef which were amazing. The meals were presented beautifully and tasted as delectable as they looked! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- insultedbibliopegistDined on 8/20/2014I ordered a tomato mozzarella dish for appetizer, the menu said "tiny" tomato, they were. I could have been mentioned that the amount of mozzarella would be minuscule. I understand that Arethusa's cows are pampered, I did not know they were on a strict minimum production schedule! At $11 for the dish, the few grams of mozzarella seemed to be priced on par with gold. The rest of my meal was equally disappointing, the seared tuna was good, the bed of ratatouille tasted canned, left over on the stove for too long. Not what I expected from a restaurant in that price range. The ice cream shop next door, also operated by Arethusa, was fabulous. They must get the best of the milk....
- AlwaysAlwaysDined on 8/17/2014Just a wonderful place. I am treated as if I have a billion $$$ or none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Service, Lovely SettingRobertBrooklynDined on 8/16/2014This is a real gem. The staff was incredibly welcoming, especially with our toddler. There is a real sense of caring about the food and the presentation. You really feel like a guest. The rolade was fresh and lively and the chilled cucumber and pea soup was inspired. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- LunchsimplytastyDined on 8/16/2014Limited choices on menu. The ditalini with cheese/peas/smoked bacon/spinach was very good but the size did not warrant the $25 fee. There was nothing else served with it. Other prices were high but within the expected range and all the dishes were very good. Great ambiance: lovely setting and waitstaff was very attentive.Special Features:
- Great DinnerSomeoneVIPDined on 8/15/2014A real find in rural CT. Elegant food and tony clientele. Service is friendly and efficient; prices not outrageous. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- A gem of a placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2014Presentation, service, food, ambiance were the best we have had in some time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findChuckDined on 8/14/2014Great dinner, the food was delicious and the service was excellent. Portions were good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything I heard and more!BillMacDined on 8/14/2014Outstanding food and service, a must do if you are in the Litchfield area!Special Features:
- Special night80plusDined on 8/13/2014A great restaurant for a special night out for fine dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ct finestNigel5Dined on 8/9/2014A real find in the hills of Litchfield County--farm to table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/8/2014From the moment you arrive to the moment you leave, perfection. The food is inventive and simply delicious. The service is perfectly attentive without being overbearing or stuffy. They just don't miss a step here!Special Features:
- Great in Every RespectscrumptiousDined on 8/3/2014We are so grateful that an extraordinary restaurant has opened in driving distance for us. The food, service, and physical restaurant flawless. Most importantly, however, is the food. In a word, it's great. The only negative is that it's hard to get a table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Best meal and dining experience I've had in years. Each and every member of the staff was beyond polite and knowledgable. The food was just tremendous. First class, all the way. Do not miss this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heartland2Dined on 8/2/2014Had lunch recently on an overcast day that threatened rain, so the outdoor dining was not available. However, we had a truly delicious lunch, great wine and a view of the pretty patio. The cold cucumber soup, scallop entree and shrimp salad were fabulous. Our server could not have been more pleasant or professional. We look forward to our next meal at al Tavola al fresco or otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent dinner experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Food and servkce was excellent. A bit loud inside but otherwise no complaints!Special Features:
- Spectacular food! Great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/31/2014We have a friend that spends his time searching for new and exciting restaurants. So when Sean recommends a place we know it will be good. But never in our wildest imagination would we have guessed how out of this world it would be. In a word, Fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over the TopLocalFoodDudeDined on 7/31/2014He food is outstanding with the perfect amount of flavors. The fresh baked bread and butter is out of this world. Super wine list and great selection of beers. I was especially happy to see the large advertisement for a liquor permit. Perhaps a great selection of all local spirits is in the cards?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!Mikalui723Dined on 7/30/2014From start to finish, phenomenal food and impeccable service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste is paramount5pdkDined on 7/30/2014We arrived early for our reservation so enjoyed some wine in their new outdoor seating area - a quiet place away from the hubbub of the main dining area. Once seated for dinner, we were served fresh baked bread smothered with butter from their affiliated dairy farm - chewy and moist. Each plate (from the chilled soup to the seafood and steak) brought out each and every flavor. The sides were tasty and the service was attentive without being intrusive. Only one disappointment -- the wine we ordered from their extensive wine list could not be found by the server. But we found a nice alternative and enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- Truly a wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/27/2014We've been wanting to come since it opened and have had ice cream next door several times. We had a tough time selecting off the menu given the very appetizing menu. Food and service were excellent our only complaint was the noise level which while "energetic" it was simply hard to hear. The restaurant was packed and noticed lots of smiles. We skipped dessert and went next door to share in the finest ice cream in Litchfield county.Special Features:
- Outstanding!TandTDined on 7/27/2014We saw an advertisement for the restaurant, and decided to try it. I looked at the menu online, and it looked different and interesting. When we arrived we were seated immediately. The service was great, very warm and friendly. I was impressed with the size and depth of the wine list. The food was just exquisite. Not huge portions, but very tasty and cooked to perfection. The presentation was excellent. One of the best meals I have had in a long timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply heaven...DoversoulmanDined on 7/27/2014The staff is beyond compare. Warm, knowledgable and eager to please. The food is inventive but always sure to please the palette not just the vanity of the chef. The extra little things they do, from little delectable cones of liver mousse to the warm chocolate chip cookies served with a shot glass of fresh milk from their dairy next door, seal the deal on what is not only a study in finely executed cuisine but a warm and inviting meal with friends. Cannot be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BETTER THAN A NYC RESTAURANTeve7713Dined on 7/26/2014Another fabulous dinner ---- I hosted another dinner for 4 and my friends (their 1st trip to Arethusa) were so impressed. Again the food was excellent - the menu changed a little from the week before - the presentation is always superior and the wait staff is outstanding - professional and friendly - can't do enough for you. To have such a restaurant in CT is a real gem.Special Features:
- A treatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2014a wonderful treat for a night out in the country...excellent on all levelsSpecial Features:
- back againlivetodineDined on 7/23/2014We have dined at Arethusa twice and have loved everything about the experience. The staff is very accommodating and the food is as good as any of the best restaurants we have dined in. From the Tuna tartar appetizer to the scallops or the duck everything was prepare perfectly and with great flavor. The cheese platter with cheese made on premises is wonderful The bar will soon be expanded to a full alcohol menu but the wine and beer selections are excellent. The wines are a bit pricey and that would be the only downside of the experience. Definitely worth coming back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerMarcoVVIPDined on 7/20/2014We have wanted to go for awhile and were not disappointed. Great Food and it was tough to choose. Great staff and service as well.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyKwowyDined on 7/20/2014Perhaps we're considered foodies… regardless, I was expecting to be blown away, and I wasn't. It was very good, but not exceptional, especially for the price.Special Features:
- Best food and servicepaulieDined on 7/20/2014Traveled 90 minutes and would do it again and again superb food service amusee's quaintSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best EverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Arethusa al Tavolo shines in every way: food, wine list, service, ambience. Creative ingredients paired with attentive and friendly staff in a stunning setting. A gem in the hills of Litchfield County Connecticut.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eve7713Dined on 7/19/2014Six of us had dinner there last Sat - the food presentation was excellent and the food itself was wonderful - I had the beef tenderloin and it was the best I have ever had - it was so tender and cooked to perfection. My other friends had swordfish and duck and they all agreed it was outstanding. The desserts were to die for. It compared to any BEST restaurant in NYC - it is definitely a find here in Ct. I recommend it very highly - you won't be disappointed. The service was impeccable. It was well worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely lunchCalvadosDined on 7/19/2014We received a gift card for an anniversary present and went to Saturday lunch. It was perfect. The wait staff are so professional, yet very friendly and down to earth. They food was wonderful. Came away feeling very happy, relaxed and sated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasuretymelyronVIPDined on 7/18/2014Can't go wrong with any of the menu choices, always fresh and unique; save room for the Arethusa ice cream, best around.Special Features:
- One of the best you will find!dinnerfor2VIPDined on 7/18/2014This is one of the best restaurants I have ever been to. It opened last year and we ate there during the first week. Had to eat at the bar but gladly did to try it out. It was amazing. Ate there the other night and a year later it did not disappoint. Excellent food, well trained,friendly and knowledgeable staff. A 10 overall. Don't miss the experience if you can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- code39Dined on 7/18/2014My wife and I had a very enjoyable evening dining at Arethusa. The service was outstanding and the food very delicious and to our taste. We will go back with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.