Arethusa al Tavolo
828 Bantam Road
Bantam, CT 06750Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Arethusa al Tavolo
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://arethusaaltavolo.com/
- Phone: 8605670043x
- Hours of Operation:
Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm – 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dan Magill
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
A word from Arethusa al Tavolo
Located in quaint Bantam (CT) in the scenic county of Litchfield, Arethusa al tavolo offers an innovative farm-to-table menu that celebrates the products of the Arethusa Dairy Farm. Chef Dan Magill’s cuisine is modern and comfortable; it features daily-chosen farm ingredients and the freshest and most select products.Continued
Arethusa al tavolo offers a progressive dining experience to the Northwest Connecticut dining scene.
We look forward to serving you.
Arethusa al tavolo offers a progressive dining experience to the Northwest Connecticut dining scene.
We look forward to serving you.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Arethusa al Tavolo - Best Restaurants in Bantam ›
Arethusa al Tavolo reviews from OpenTable diners
175 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (148)special occasion (106)neighborhood gem (73)notable wine list (57)romantic (50)great for outdoor dining (37)hot spot (28)great for lunch (23)good for groups (21)great for brunch (13)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Outstanding Dining ExperiencePaulDined on 10/19/2014At long last...we have found a superb restaurant in Connecticut. Amazing meal...food and service impeccable. Great attention to detail. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Perfect AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014We showed up an hour early for our reservation and they were able to accommodate us, so we were off to a good start. From the well-crafted cocktails right through blue fin tuna, diver sea scallop and uni appetizer, a hanger steak done to perfection, and the pecan tart topped with Arethusa pecan ice cream (yum!), every bite was full of amazing flavors that sang out individually. It was a culinary wonderment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!SGFAVIPDined on 10/18/2014Perfection in every way!!! From the relaxed but elegant setting to the imaginative creations that the chef creates. This is by far our favorite restaurant in Litchfield County.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need more wait staff.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014This is a great place and a successful restaurant. But managent needs to staff it appropriately. It took 20 minutes to get glasses of wine and 40 minutes to take our order. Our waitress was great but over taxed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but Pricey for lunchRichardDined on 10/18/2014Lovely atmosphere and memorable food...some choices a bit too pricey. 2 Deviled Eggs $14 was too too much...good but.... Day boat scallops in a perfect dish of bacon, currants, cauliflower. burger excellent. Been there twice and never saw any bread...I think a wonderful crusty bread basket would be appropriate.Special Features:
- WonderfulfoodloversDined on 10/12/2014The food was a wonderful and satisfying combination. We each ordered different starters and entrees and could not decide which was better. It was a place we will return to again.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014We were at the restaurant recently with NYC friends . Everyone found the food and service excellent! Two of us had the lobster roll...superb! Another had shrimp/orzo combinations that was also delicious. It was busy, but not too noisy and made for a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bantam BeautyMomskitchen54VIPDined on 10/10/2014Loved everything about Arethusa! Beautiful setting, attentive service and delicious food. Favorite dishes = Duck with pumpkin, Arctic char and beignet with cider and dulce de leche❤️Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jojoDined on 10/8/2014The dining room had a clean, fresh and comfortable appearance. The service was friendly, courteous and seemed eager to please. The kitchen was very accommodating splitting salads and first courses and the food very good. I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beadtiniDined on 10/8/2014Top notch food ; attentive but not overbearing service; Its the little things that count - the amuse'bouche of mini cheese filled ice creme cones served in an egg crate and the ending treat of shotglasses filled with the delicious fresh milk they produce with the mini cookies made this dining experience memorable. I am getting friends and coworkers excited to try the restaurant. Cant wait to return!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/5/2014Excellent, subtle food. Masterful gentleman who runs the front of the restaurant. Service is impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food in W. CtJoshVelaDined on 10/3/2014Had an amazing meal here, the staff was great…attentive but not hovering and with personalty. All the food we had was as good as anywhere in the world…the use of the products from their farm made a noticeable accent to the craftsmanship with which they were prepared. And stop in to their store next door for butter and cheese to take home.Special Features:
- Fine Dining in the CountrySomeoneVIPDined on 10/3/2014Friendly, welcoming restaurant tucked in a small town in Connecticut. Fine food in manageable portions. Excellent service--efficient and eager to please. Entertains both a local crowd and those who come from a distance, so a nice mix of diners. Not pretentious.Special Features:
- Return Worthy Dining ExperiencehappydinerDined on 9/28/2014Food, service, atmosphere, decor - impeccable. Great attention to detail all around. Very nice complimentary appetizer, and little glasses of Arethusa's superbly rich milk accompanied by delectable little peanut butter cookies was a very nice touch to end a perfect meal. Everything we had was excellent and beautifully presented. I must remark again about the service - everyone was so attentive and seemed genuinely happy to accommodate diners. We will definitely return and highly recommend a visit.Special Features:
- Country PleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014What a wonderful restaurant. I had read and heard so much about it. I was not disappointed. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Outstanding in all ways.PenelopejaneDined on 9/26/2014Locally sourced ingredients, knowledgable and helpful staff and an inspired menu. Even the bread is worthy of mention, they should sell it in their shop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/26/2014Decorations are very handsome. Service is excellent--lots of checking in and care. Food is beautifully presented and really tasty. The only bad part was that noise level gets in the way of talking with the person across the table. I would think twice about going again for that reason.Special Features:
- Another Spectacular Dinner!PamelaDined on 9/18/2014Food here is excellent - just wish the noise level was less "energetic". Hard to talk at a table for 2. Service feels scripted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PFPLAFDined on 9/17/2014Outstanding as always. Arethusa never dissappointsSpecial Features:
- LcarterLuvtodineDined on 9/17/2014It was a magnificent experience all the way around. The food, the service and the experience overall was incredible. It's a jewel !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CaudilloDined on 9/14/2014This was our fourth time at al Tavolo. It is now our absolute favorite restaurant in the area. Service, care of guests, superb preparation and presentation highlight this. We try to dine there once a month. It is currently the best! Ted and Nancy MorseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentPatMDined on 9/14/2014This was our second time here, the first was for a fantastic dinner. Brunch also was great, the food terrific. I had the mac and 3-cheeses with bacon and green peas-delicious! My husband had the lobster roll, he loved it. Afterwards we went next door and bought the most delicious basket cheese, and the mozzarella (last of the season, summer only). What a treat we had at home! Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Taste of Excellence!cookiesdayDined on 9/13/2014Each item on the menu is skillfully prepared and elegantly served. One of the best meals we've eaten.Special Features:
- What a gem!JC21Dined on 9/13/2014Our waitress remembered us from being there once 3 months before. How great! The food is always excellent and our waitress made some delicious recommendations.Special Features:
- Excellent but noise level highPintshirazVIPDined on 9/6/2014The service was very accommodating and everything we ordered was really delicious and beautifully presented. We had a "good" table tucked in by the bar, which is a quieter spot than out in the open in the restaurant. The noise level is very high between 7-9 pm. I would make a reservation on the late side.Special Features:
- Wonderful is it!queenbeeDined on 9/6/2014The food is superb and the atmosphere is relaxed without being in any sloppy -- the perfect place for a special dinner or just an (expensive) weeknight out. Every dish was excellent -- from the inventive scallops in a (sort of) corn chowder to the vegetarian mushroom ravioli. Hard to go wrong in Sept. with locally grown tomatoes and other produce. The real test will come in the dead of winter...and I am sure Arethusa will live up to it.Special Features:
- Flavorful but overcooked shrimpEmme08Dined on 9/6/2014I love Arethusa al Tavolo and always enjoy going there. They've always been a five-star experience for me but for the first time at lunch yesterday they did not earn five stars. Almost, but not quite. Almost everything was perfect....the flavors of the Citrus Marinated Shrimp Salad were terrific and the napa cabbage/mango slaw with a citrus lemongrass vinaigrette was outstanding. However, sad to say, the shrimp were slightly overcooked. Just enough to make them chewy and a bit rubbery. And yes, we could have told our waitress and had them redone, but it wasn't worth making a big fuss about for a quick luncheon. Other than that we were happy as clams and will of course go back first chance we get.Special Features:
- Yum, Yum, Yum!!NYCTheatreMonkeyDined on 9/5/2014This restaurant is the whole package! Great food, great service, peaceful location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A PERFECT 11KritteekDined on 9/4/2014BACK AGAIN, & BETTER THAN THE LAST TIME TOMATO SOUP = WOW PORK TENDERLOIN & SNAPPER = DOUBLE WOWSpecial Features:
- Special TreatcanihavesomeDined on 9/3/2014More than just the amazing food, Arethusa's al Tavolo is the full experience.Special Features:
- lokinvalitchfieldDined on 9/3/2014best food and service in the area, sensitive and imaginative preparation, never disappoints and always satisfies. A rare treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in rural ct!NanaPoppyVIPDined on 9/3/2014Very surprising to find such world class creatively crafted and presented food here in bantam,ct! Service was also professional in a most casual way! Comprehensive wine offerings also! A totally satisfying experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!!ChrissyEDined on 8/31/2014This was my second visit to Arethusa al Tavolo and though it's hard to believe, the food keeps getting better and better. From starters to dessert, everything is top notch. There were 4 of us and we would all agree everything was fantastic.Special Features:
- great concept, brilliant executionrlm2Dined on 8/31/2014The chefs are very creative, yet Arethusa remains grounded in the literal farm-to-table concept of showing their prowess as an artisanal dairy. House-made milk, cheese and ice cream feature prominently in a menu that is competitive with the best. The staff is warm, professional and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent diningThumperDined on 8/31/2014Food was outstanding. Service was a tad slow. Seating where we were (in the front) was tight. Too tight for my wife. I suggest they remove one of the 2 seat tables in the front of the restaurant. Was it worth an hour's drive from Simsbury. Definitely. Would I come back. Definiitely. We had lunch and it was expensive but worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't BotherTastelessDined on 8/29/2014We had a really awful experience at this restaurant. Service was extremely slow despite a half-empty dining room. The food presented itself very well and was attractively plated. It tasted insipid, bland, and a pointless wast of good ingredients. The bill for two was close to $200, including a $30 bottle of wine. Far too expensive for us for such poor service and lousy food. There are many other alternatives in the area that know how to do it right.
- Fantastic Arethusa!GoodeatsDined on 8/29/2014It is not often that you find a Restaurant and Chef so good, that you want to try everything he cooks and sit at a table facing another angle to see what that holds. We found both at Arethusa. We had a wonderful dinner with our two older children. Lucky for us, since we had gotten the reservation night wrong. The manager was able to seat us immediatly and they were very understanding. We all had something different, and everything was perfection. Our appitizers and entrees were delicious and cooked perfectly. Our only regret was not being able to taste the remainder of the menu, fortunately, we look forward to another visit. Not to miss: the Duck, Red Snapper, and don't miss dessert.Special Features:
- Best in Northest CtJimnanDined on 8/29/2014Always a pleasure to enjoy al Travolo. The food is outstanding and the presentation superb. The only negatives are the noise level when it's full and the pretty limited menu. It's expensive but worth it.Special Features:
- Fabulous!MattandmelDined on 8/29/2014Excellent flavorful food with wonderful presentation! The waitstaff, particularly, Danielle was outstanding. Very pleasant and helpful with our foodie questions! Would highly recomnend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsMaliroDined on 8/28/2014This is truly a gem. The food is innovative and beautifully presented, and extremely delicious. No dish has disappointed, from appetizers to dessert or the cheese plate. Manwar does an excellent job at running this restaurant, as he has at other establishments. The noise level was a bit high for easy conversation and the waiter could have been a bit more familiar with the specials of the evening, but overall we still rank it as the best restaurant in the Greater Hartford/Litchfield areas.Special Features: