Area Code 55
16375 Biscayne BLVD
North Miami Beach, FL 33160Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Area Code 55
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.areacode55.com/
- Phone: 3059476202
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Area Code 55
AREA CODE 55 Brazilian Steakhouse is a family restaurant Offering a large array of salads and meats. We feature affordable lunch and dinner options for you 7 days a week ,so whether you are celebrating a special family occasion or having an intimate dinner for two, make a reservation at our place.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Area Code 55 reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (8)special occasion (7)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (5)fit for foodies (3)romantic (2)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)neighborhood gem (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Very LoudEllenKVIPDined on 6/28/2014Granted, we were there during the World Cup. The Brazilian team played that day. There was a nonBrazilian game playing on the TVs throughout the place, and the game was on and loud. Most of the staff was wearing soccer jerseys. I had no problem with any of this. But I expected them to turn the TVs off or down when the last game was over. They left them on and LOUD through all the talking head rehashing of the games of the Cup. We asked if they could turn them down so we could converse with the family we took there. We were originally told no, that would not be possible. As the place cleared out of those who were there for the game, they did turn it down a bit. Not the conversation friendly meal we wanted.Special Features:
- Area Code 55dean4n6Dined on 6/20/2014Exceptional meats. Salad bar was also fantastic except the seafood salad. Great ambiance and super place to watch the World Cup and get your meat fix at the same time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place but...TheHawkDined on 6/15/2014The food was delicious, but the restaurant was way too bright. It was also almost uncomfortably warm and there were a few flies buzzing about. I think this was due to the front door being left open. Also the exterior of the building needs some serious care.Special Features:
- Good food,nice service,loved.JoethebarberDined on 6/15/2014We loved,muito bom o servico otima comida e preco justo,recomendo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOR BIG GROUPSGALAQTIKDined on 6/15/2014THIS IS A GREAT PLACE FOR LARGE GROUPS. THE MEAT & PINEAPPLES ARE GREAT AND THE SERVERS ARE ALWAYS ATTENTIVE. IT GETS REALLY PACKED FOR SPECIAL OCCASIONS LIKE FATHERS DAY BUT TOTALLY WORTH IT. I WOULD RECOMMEND MAKING RESERVATIONS.Special Features:
- foodiesDined on 6/8/2014Overall dinner experience was good, well worth it for the price. Would recommend for big family gatheringSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 151 reviews are from the Area Code 55 reviews archive.
- Great service, great food!CB57Dined on 5/31/2014The food was delicious; the meats weren't too salty and the salad bar had a great selection. The service was equally outstanding: the waiters passed by fairly often and were more than willing to accommodate any requests as well as make us feel comfortable. The restaurant is also decorated in excellent taste and has a great, friendly vibe. (Prices were also very good, and the desserts were plentiful in option, elegant in presentation, and sublime in taste. Wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Good foodFlorida1990Dined on 5/18/2014I took my husband and my friends for a dinner. It was a great experience and we were very pleased with the service. The food was excellent and we definitely go back again. I highly recommended it to anybody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SparkyDined on 5/16/2014I have been there several times this time the meat was uneven.Special Features:
- best Brazilian restaurant, periodAlpHDined on 4/29/2014This is one of our regular spots as we are there once a week with our 3 kids. The salad bar is great and the meat is to die for. Add to that the great service and you have an amazing restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous servicejojoVIPDined on 4/20/2014This restaurant exceeded our expectations. The service was exceptional, and the food was abundant. Great place to bring children who can sample as much or as little as they want. Pineapple was a particularly tasty treat. Tv screens entertained the children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hungry?Michie22VIPDined on 4/20/2014The food was good. They don't have a great selection at their buffet that part was dissapointing. Their meat was good and the little breads were amazing. The dessert fondue was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointment from a year agoHathornDined on 4/12/2014Myself and a group of friends come in to the Miami area once a year to run an annual Spartan Race. It's one of our traditions, after a big run to go out to a Brazilian steakhouse in town for dinner. The first year that we came to Miami, Area Code 55 was great! Unfortunately this year, not so much so. It seemed as if they only brought out a selection of 5 meats over and over. We only were offered chicken one time despite requesting it several. The price has also increased over the previous year. I also found the $9 Crown and Coke to be a little excessively priced for the size offered. Next year on our annual trip, we will be looking for a different option for a Brazilian Steakhouse.
- Atmosphere is very loud; expensive.D333Dined on 4/6/2014This is not the type of restaurant where you would take your date out for a romantic dining experience. The atmosphere is loud and bombastic. While the food is good (especially the salad bar) I wouldn't say that it is worth the price you have to pay for it. If you like paying $100 for a meal for two, with an atmosphere that is casual dining and very loud, go for it. As for me, I'll go elsewhere next time.
- Great Place Great FoodSoFloTravelerDined on 4/5/2014Food was superb, wait staff was great. Ambience is outstanding and the service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014It's was my cousin bday and she came from New York & she had a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The new hot spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/21/2014The food and staffs were outstanding. And the Manager was very courteousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pineapple!NYCfalaasDined on 3/6/2014The food here is tasty, you get a lot for the money. The meats could be better quality, but again, you get a lot for the money. But the grilled pineapple is GREAT!Special Features:
- Great!LoveroffoodDined on 2/22/2014Never been to a restaurant like this one. Very cool. My boyfriend and I enjoyed the food and we generally had a great time dining at this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just oh Hum....AlisaDined on 2/22/2014Food was good but not worth 182.00 for 4 people, and they added gratuity even though we had less than 6 pople. Over all it was ok. I will say that the ale wait staff is BEAUTIFUL.Special Features:
- Excellent service,delicious food!MaxRDined on 2/15/2014One of my favorite food to enjoy is bbq, I do it myself and for the past 20 years on weekends. Had the opportunity to taste different places that offer rodizio style bbq (Texas de Brazil, Porcao and other premium places) Area Code 55 offers the best service and quality meats for the cost. Period. Will recommend to meat and salad lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I like my dinning experienceRobertDined on 2/7/2014Service and food war very good. If i compare quality and price, everything was is perfect.Special Features:
- Healthy AppetiteChapmanDined on 2/1/2014If you have a healthy appetite for meats with a nice salad bar and an assortment of sides, I would recommend Area Code 55. The scene is energetic and vibrant on the weekend. If you don't mind dining among a crowd you cannot beat the selections for the price. We skipped dessert and tried the roasted pineapple. It is to die for. Of all the cuts of meat, my family enjoyed the flavor and tenderness of the beef ribs (medium-well).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!! BEST MEAT FOODGASM EVERFOODGASMDined on 1/27/2014The quality of all the choices were the best including the salad bar and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good brazilian steakhouseVinceDined on 1/9/2014Very good food, with nice variety o meat. Good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingandrefurtadoDined on 1/4/2014I was expecting a sort of Brazilian steakhouse experience. They got it right on most of the buffet and they have the expected items that most of them don~t have like chicken heart, pineapple an a well roasted rib, but most of the different meats had the same taste and none of them had the expected amount of gross salt.
- the best picanha is prepared herecarmitanoDined on 12/28/2013Picanha is a tender beef well appreciated all over Brazil and specifically for me too . In this place is perfectiing grilling. It has a layer of fat, which should be removed only if you want . I eat that and enjoy eact bit of this juicy beef! Picanha - The BrazilianSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ideal for CouplesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013It's a nice intimate restaurant. It was Christmas Day when I went so it was filled with families and what not. But definitely more for an intimate group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and good serviceNamVetDined on 12/25/2013Having lived in Brazil for many years, I'm very familiar with this type of rodizio type restaurant. Area Code 55 is a little pricey but worth it, particularly if you can handle large amounts of meat in one seating. Salad bar was good. Only complaint is that we had to ask for beef ribs twice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and reasonable priceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/18/2013Enjoyed night out with famy. The assortment of meat to choose from was excellent. Staff was constantly circulating around the room. Overall I would recommend restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suprise Birthday DinnerWeLuvFoodDined on 11/23/2013This was a great night for our family , we have been to several places like this & Area Code 55 is hands down the Best od them all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High quality affordable rodizioPickingstonesDined on 11/17/2013Finally! A great rodizio that doesn't break the bank! Also, don't miss out on their feijoada: granted, it doesn't taste as awesome as the real-deal feijoada that uses really weird cuts of meat, but it still is very tasty and they don't use cheap meat in it either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Favorite but does varyBlueSkiesDined on 10/23/2013This is one of our favorite restaurants in South Florida. When on top of their game, they rival Texas de Brazil but sometimes this isn't the case. This is a non-chain (at least not that we know of) Brazilian style Steakhouse where unlimited quantities of meat are served to you by "gauchos" tableside. A "higher end" salad bar includes cold meats, cheeses, various salads and some hot food. Service is usually very good. It is not as expensive as Texas de Brazil or Fogo de Chao. However, sometimes the meats are better quality/flavor/etc. than others. They have added large screen TV's usually playing soccer games to the main dining room which really decreases this from a fine dining experience in our opinion that it used to be prior.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eats for local placeLocaleatsDined on 10/15/2013I went for nice dinner for 2. While not appropriate for romantic setting because of the open buffet style layout and sport crowd theme on the tv's, the food and wine was very good. Very friendly and attentive service and decent price. Definitely somewhere local to invite my friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tell your friendsladybugDined on 10/13/2013Had a great time celebrating my birthday and the food was GREAT!Special Features:
- Very good meat.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2013Excellent rodizio style restorant.Good meat and good price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bypassing localzarxDined on 9/24/2013I wanted to go to a conveniently located local Argentinian steak place called The Knife. However, the reviews were terrible so I looked around for other options. I saw some positive comments about a Brazilian steak house called Area 55 which was a bit further away. The online reviewss were very positive. I thought it was worth a chance. I went with my mom and it turned out to be quite good. The salad bar was varied, flavorful and fresh. The meats were very freshly cooked, moist and succulent. The service was attentive and polite. The wine choices were reasonably priced. The espresso was excellent. Finally, the cost for salad bar and unlimited meat servings was just $29 per person. Tips were pre-added to the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but affordableSilviebbDined on 9/21/2013Picahna was very good, and even dessert was great. Love this place!Special Features:
- Great recommendationRickDined on 9/20/2013I had visited this restaurant before and I have mentioned how good it was to some friends who are meat lovers, but live overseas. They were in town last week and I made sure that we all stopped by. As I had anticipated, they loved it, just as much as I had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really enjoyed this restaurantTerryDined on 9/3/2013A special dinner for our second anniversary. Couldn't have been more pleased. The staff were attentive and friendly. The food was very good. The location is easily accessible with plenty of parking. Highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who is not a vegetarian!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.