Ardeo + Bardeo
3311 Connecticut Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20008Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Ardeo + Bardeo
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ardeobardeo.com/
- Phone: (202) 244-6750
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday & Monday Dinner 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt Kuhn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Ardeo's private dining room can accommodate parties up to 40 guests for a seated dinner and 60 guests for a reception. Also when the weather is nice our roof terrace is available for parties. Please contact the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: Fran Nepomuceno 2022446750x
- Cross Street: Macomb
- Public Transit: Cleveland Park Metro Stop (Red Line); L1 and L2 bus line
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking available evenings starting at 6:00 PM. $8 per car--bring your ticket into the restaurant with you and have your $8 charge added to your check. We have a limited amount of spaces, but we will gladly validate for up to two hours of parking at the nearby Sam's Park and Shop if our valet lot fills up.
A word from Ardeo + Bardeo
Ardeo+Bardeo, located in the historic district of Cleveland Park -- four miles from the White House -- is a neighborhood favorite serving modern American cuisine. The restaurant underwent a major renovation in November 2010 to enhance the modern bistro and wine bar, uniting the two restaurants with a 24-seat island bar. Executive Chef Nate Garyantes has crafted a menu which features cured meats, soups and salads, savory snacks, seasonal vegetables dishes and brick oven baked flatbreads. Ardeo+Bardeo has become a virtual “Who’s Who” of Washington. Those who frequent include Madeleine Albright, Jim Lehrer, Alan Greenspan and the former first family, the Clintons.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ardeo + Bardeo reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (96)neighborhood gem (90)special occasion (53)great for brunch (48)good for groups (43)notable wine list (40)romantic (36)vibrant bar scene (21)hot spot (18)great for outdoor dining (15)great for lunch (9)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Good food & good ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/23/2014Ardeo has opened in our neighborhood more than ten years ago, and I have seldom been disappointed by its food or its ambiance. The service is professional and very attentive, the food has always been innovative and very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisycltbVIPDined on 11/22/2014We were 4 people and were given a table next to the bar. We could barely hear each other and had to yell, not just speak loudly. In addition, it took an hour to be served our food- when we asked, the answer was the kitchen was backed up. No visit from the maitre d, no apologies. It really is too bad as the food was excellent. I ordered 3 vegetables as my entree and it was superb.
- EXCELLENT Chef JonathanCarlaDined on 11/21/2014When I arrived at the restaurant, Chef Jonathan took the time to come speak to me personally. He was very friendly and his greeting made me feel very welcomed. The food was exceptional! I live in the neighborhood and I will definitely be back!! Thank you very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingnightoutVIPDined on 11/19/2014five years or so ago this was one (or then, two) of our favorite restaurants. It's had a long fall. Thursday night, expecting a lively crowd, it was thinly populated. Martini was warm, and while I'm not a fabulous cook, I can make better food at home. The "pork cheeks" appetizer was so uninteresting I had one or two bites and asked my husband to finish it off. That pretty much characterized the whole meal. A shame, because it has a warm and inviting ambience and eager-to=-please wait staff. It just seems tired.
- Leave the toddlers homeJosefrVIPDined on 11/16/2014What began as a terrific brunch was ruined for customers and servers alike when a family with four small children came in and screamed as if they were being tortured while dad chatted on his cell phone. The area surrounding their table became a slippery poolof food and drink. Sad for allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time here...definitely coming backKatieVIPDined on 11/13/2014So glad I got to check out A+B. I was mostly impressed with the service, but the whole experience was great. I first noticed they have a heavy curtain by the front doors to keep the cold out. I love this as winter approaches. I was running late and the staff seemed happy to push my reservation back a bit. When I arrived, I found the restaurant to be very comfortable and the service prompt. The menu has great options without being complicated. I love that they offer half glasses for wine. We asked to split the app and it came out on separate plates. Took leftover pizza to my food snob husband and we both agree the crust and toppings are solid. This place does wvat it does very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!DCdinerVIPDined on 11/11/2014I met a grad school classmate at Ardeo for drinks and dinner. I had the dry hard cider that was terrific and she had an exceptional dry martini. We both had the salmon and it was moist and wonderfully presented on crispy kale and carrots. We shared dessert and had a special item made from pumpkin. It was just the right level of sweetness to top off the evening of wonderful conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine meal; friendly serviceKikiVIPDined on 11/10/2014Now I know what the buzz is about. My wife and I had long wanted to dine here, but never had the chance until a weekday evening in November. The menu was short but on target. My wife's octopus and shrimp, and my swordfish, were both succulent, with refined flavors, and presented beautifully. Our appetizers of Brussels sprouts and eggplant were a extraordinary surprises, bursting with rich savor. Our meals were perfectly complimented by a French Sauvignon Blanc by the glass; not inexpensive, but the pours were generous. At $130 for two, the price matched the quality of the food even if it exceeded the somewhat informal vibe of the venue. We'd go back for a(nother) special occasion.Special Features:
- Terrific food, service less sooutoftownerDined on 11/8/2014Ever been refused a first course because the waiter prefers orders be taken in their entirety? Twice requested wines that were (much) later determined to be out of stock? Still, the food was great, locally sourced, imaginatively prepared, seasonally appropriate. So much effort went into it that it seems a shame to encounter such struggles in the dining room. Perhaps it was our waiter, server and wine steward who were just a little off their game this night. But just a little. Amends were eventually made. We left happy, and just a bit mystified.Special Features:
- Great food in a quiet settingFoodeaterDined on 11/1/2014We had a terrific meal with an excellent waiter. The place has a neighborhood feel and stays quiet even as the place fills up.....allowing you to have a decent conversation and a wonderful meal. Definitely recommend you try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClevelandparkguruVIPDined on 10/22/2014always fun and enjoyable. burgers were outstanding. cod fish best I have ever had in dcSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EclecticOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/17/2014Menu was diverse and large with something for everyone. Went with my in-laws and the food was delicious for everyone. Wine was disappointing and expensive by the glass. Even our server admitted the list was 'unique." There was no pinot, chardonnay, or pinot grigio when we came, though the manager did make nice recommendations by the bottle, and she let us taste a few of the unique wines. Service was friendly and polished.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood spotCanuckDCDined on 10/11/2014Celebrated wedding anniversary here, service was attentive, food very good. Good wine list. A real neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Wait To Eat Here AgainLovesChocolateAndCheeseVIPDined on 10/11/2014I had the black pasta carbonara, which was very delicious. I also tasted the fried green tomatoes and the Carolina rice. Both were very tasty and presented in unique ways. The cocktail list was short, but the bartender made a back porch special, which was a beautifully complex mix of berries, vodka, lemonade, and herbs. I will definitely be back for more of everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mussels were incredible!!joshuadcVIPDined on 10/9/2014The mussels and fried green tomatoes were both exceptionally good. The broth on the mussels was incredible! Good wine and bread too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerTenabetsyDined on 10/8/2014Neighborhood, casual with outstanding eclectic menu and most enjoyable and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hungrynDCHungrynDCVIPDined on 10/6/2014This restaurant continues to be a great spot for business and pleasure dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FallAggyVIPDined on 10/5/2014Reliably good food, service and ambiance. Terrifice new fall menu. Had the potato leek soup which was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchElizabethDined on 10/5/2014We didn't order the brunch menu, rather a la carte. I ordered an omelette with arugula, mushrooms, and pecorino. It came with a side of diced potatoes which were not hot, just luke-warm. The omelette was very fresh but did not really have much taste. If there was pecorino or cheese of any type in that omelette, it was very well hidden both from view and from my taste buds. On the other hand, the chocolate desert was to die for! Delicious and beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cosey Dinner OuttourbenDined on 10/1/2014Very attentive waitstaff. Delicious meal, albeit somewhat pricey. Still, our waitress seemed very adept at pairing our food choices with options in the restaurant's wine list. I thought her choice was good. As it turns out, the bartender had originally made an error and poured the wrong wine, but our waitress brought it to the table anyway, as well as the one I had originally ordered, explaining the attributes of both. She also brought us a very delicious (and completely unexpected) dessert, because I had mentioned it was my birthday. Overall, I would be open to trying this place again, but perhaps next time trying one of their pizzas, or small plates (instead of the full entree), along with an appetizer. These were tempting as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Meal, Slow ServiceMPPTVIPDined on 9/29/2014Food was not well seasoned, came out slowly, and the waitress ignored us most of the meal. Definitely would not go back.
- Great FiindVAEaterVIPDined on 9/27/2014Great menu. We made a small plates experience of it enjoying cheese, meats, mussels, Brussels sprouts, and meat balls. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Burgers, Pizza and beersClevelandparkguruVIPDined on 9/27/2014It was Pizza, burgers and beers with my friends. Ardeo has some awesome pizza and their burgers are like a hidden secret. Awesome night with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At its best!CAngelesVIPDined on 9/26/2014We dined in Ardeo a couple of nights ago and the Brussel sprouts (the best in town), octopus panzanella, and shrimp bouillabaisse were excellent. The orecchiette was a bit hard and chewy although the sauce was good. The red wines were served at perfect temperature, and the service was friendly but not overbearing. This place is highly recommended and accepts reservations. No need to line up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service despite bad tablekyldoniaVIPDined on 9/21/2014We have been here several times, and especially for brunch. The staff and food are always top notch and it's a great find for the Cleveland Park neighborhood. I must apologize to our poor waiter though. We had a group of nine following a wedding weekend and only 4 showed up, and then two more appeared later. Despite removing a table, re-adding the table, and then removing it again when the two extra didn't eat, the waiter served us with aplomb. There was never a hint of annoyance, which I would've had if I was in his situation. Just another case of a great Ardeo brunch. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Always a fun timeClevelandparkguruVIPDined on 9/20/2014Great way to end a crazy work day. Met up with friends at the bar for pre dinner drinks. Dinner was awesome as always. We actually started with meatballs! Nice way to share. Dinner was a new an great tasting trout dish. My friends went for burgers which Ardeo has one of the best burgers in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014Really good food. Very ugly carpet. Great server. Really good experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicetheadventurerVIPDined on 9/9/2014I really enjoyed my meal here. The server was very accommodating and helpful with food selections. The food was really great, especially the fried oysters. I will definitely visit again to try some of the other selections.Special Features:
- Slipping?DCDaveDined on 9/7/2014I have gone to Ardeo/Bardeo for years for delicious food and wonderful wine pairings. The menu, though, isn't what it used to be, and the quality of the food appears to have slipped. I had deviled eggs for a first course, which were fine (I mean, it's hard to mess up a deviled egg). Then I had a shrimp bouillabaisse for the main course, which frankly wasn't very good. The shrimp were overcooked and the stew wasn't very tasty. The service, though, was exquisite and friendly, and the wines were fine.Special Features:
- Awesome food! So, so bar drinks!JAB611VIPDined on 9/4/2014Outstanding food and service that would have earned top ratings except for the short pours from the bar, on our first and subsequently last round of drinks! Suggest patrons stick to the menu and get your "drink on" elsewhere! It's a shame that bar manager's penny-pinching mindset ruined what would have been a truly outstanding dining experience! I was actually was taken aback to see a huge "empty" bar on arrival! No surprise now! Notably, I did not complain since I was there more for the cuisine not necessarily to drink, which was optional but at most venues an enjoyable plus vice a negative! But hey, but go ahead keep those bar costs down! I and the now duly warned, can surely find somewhere else to dine AND get a "decent" drink!Special Features:
- Wonderful!PatrickDined on 9/2/2014All of our entrees were muy delicioso! I had the papardelle lamb ragu and it was mouth watering. This was a small wedding dinner celebration. We were pleasantly surprised to receive complimentary sparkling rose' for our party. What a nice touch! All around service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Upscale Find in CPHStreetYuppieVIPDined on 8/31/2014Cleveland Park isn't known for their culinary scene, especially after Dino's and Palena closed their doors. But Ardeo/Bardeo is a great option for more elevated dining without heading to 14th Street. Our group opted to share 5 different small plates and weren't disappointed. I would definitely recommend the crispy chickpeas. Much better than your typical bar nuts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not a great valueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014The food just was not fabulous which is what I expected. The entree portion was not large.Special Features:
- terrific all around!HungrynDCVIPDined on 8/31/2014I've been here several times, all good, but this time was spectacular. Great food, wonderful service and help with a special hard-to-find wine. Couldn't have been better. Thanks for a truly exceptional evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent restaurantthisisthenicknameDined on 8/29/2014Good ambience and attentive service. Food was ok, but bland and not innovative. The giant pepper shaker has made it out of the kitchen into the server's hands, meaning that the chef recognizes their food is not spiced correctly or needs an extra kick to be remembered. Pasta was very underdone, with hard cores that nearly snapped. I would go again if somebody really wanted to visit, but would not recommend this option myself.Special Features:
- Noise LevelOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/29/2014The space is nice but all the concrete (floors) and wood with wine bottles reflects noise and makes it hard to hear. Food very nice if you go when it is quieter.Special Features:
- Delicious seafoodSeanVIPDined on 8/24/2014Both my grilled octopus salad and my pan roasted cod were cooked perfectly and delicious. A nice glass of wine added to the lovely experience with my girlfriend.Special Features:
- After the Uptown, check it out!WaifDined on 8/23/2014Great spot for after-movie dinner. Mussels, cod very good. Rice pudding great. Chocolate peanut butter bar -- fabulous!Special Features:
- Excellent flavors!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/23/2014A stellar menu, lovely upper floor dining and roof deck, superb service. Loved that we could order 1/2 portions of their pasta offerings. Made it possible to try two fabulous options. My husband found the fried oysters on fresh polenta to be amazing. Loved our quieter location, upstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/22/2014Food was good and the service was friendly and lovely! It's a great neighborhood spot that we keep coming back to because of their attention to detail, reasonable food prices, and friendliness!Special Features: