Ardeo + Bardeo
3311 Connecticut Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20008Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Ardeo + Bardeo
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ardeobardeo.com/
- Phone: 2022446750x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday & Monday Dinner 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt Kuhn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Ardeo's private dining room can accommodate parties up to 45 guests for dinner and 60 guests for a reception. Also when the weather is nice our roof terrace is available for parties. Please contact the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: Fran Nepomuceno 2022446750x
- Cross Street: Macomb
- Public Transit: Cleveland Park Metro Stop (Red Line)
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking available evenings starting at 6:00 PM. $8 per car--bring your ticket into the restaurant with you and have your $8 charge added to your check. We have a limited amount of spaces, but we will gladly validate for up to two hours of parking at the nearby Sam's Park and Shop if our valet lot fills up.
A word from Ardeo + Bardeo
Ardeo+Bardeo, located in the historic district of Cleveland Park -- four miles from the White House -- is a neighborhood favorite serving modern American cuisine. The restaurant underwent a major renovation in November 2010 to enhance the modern bistro and wine bar, uniting the two restaurants with a 24-seat island bar. Executive Chef Nate Garyantes has crafted a menu which features cured meats, soups and salads, savory snacks, seasonal vegetables dishes and brick oven baked flatbreads. Ardeo+Bardeo has become a virtual “Who’s Who” of Washington. Those who frequent include Madeleine Albright, Jim Lehrer, Alan Greenspan and the former first family, the Clintons.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ardeo + Bardeo reviews from OpenTable diners
177 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (106)neighborhood gem (99)great for brunch (57)special occasion (55)good for groups (48)notable wine list (36)romantic (36)vibrant bar scene (26)great for outdoor dining (20)hot spot (18)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- Poor Meal, Slow ServiceMPPTVIPDined on 9/29/2014Food was not well seasoned, came out slowly, and the waitress ignored us most of the meal. Definitely would not go back.
- Great FiindVAEaterVIPDined on 9/27/2014Great menu. We made a small plates experience of it enjoying cheese, meats, mussels, Brussels sprouts, and meat balls. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- At its best!CAngelesVIPDined on 9/26/2014We dined in Ardeo a couple of nights ago and the Brussel sprouts (the best in town), octopus panzanella, and shrimp bouillabaisse were excellent. The orecchiette was a bit hard and chewy although the sauce was good. The red wines were served at perfect temperature, and the service was friendly but not overbearing. This place is highly recommended and accepts reservations. No need to line up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service despite bad tablekyldoniaVIPDined on 9/21/2014We have been here several times, and especially for brunch. The staff and food are always top notch and it's a great find for the Cleveland Park neighborhood. I must apologize to our poor waiter though. We had a group of nine following a wedding weekend and only 4 showed up, and then two more appeared later. Despite removing a table, re-adding the table, and then removing it again when the two extra didn't eat, the waiter served us with aplomb. There was never a hint of annoyance, which I would've had if I was in his situation. Just another case of a great Ardeo brunch. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Always a fun timeClevelandparkguruVIPDined on 9/20/2014Great way to end a crazy work day. Met up with friends at the bar for pre dinner drinks. Dinner was awesome as always. We actually started with meatballs! Nice way to share. Dinner was a new an great tasting trout dish. My friends went for burgers which Ardeo has one of the best burgers in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014Really good food. Very ugly carpet. Great server. Really good experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicetheadventurerVIPDined on 9/9/2014I really enjoyed my meal here. The server was very accommodating and helpful with food selections. The food was really great, especially the fried oysters. I will definitely visit again to try some of the other selections.Special Features:
- Slipping?DCDaveDined on 9/7/2014I have gone to Ardeo/Bardeo for years for delicious food and wonderful wine pairings. The menu, though, isn't what it used to be, and the quality of the food appears to have slipped. I had deviled eggs for a first course, which were fine (I mean, it's hard to mess up a deviled egg). Then I had a shrimp bouillabaisse for the main course, which frankly wasn't very good. The shrimp were overcooked and the stew wasn't very tasty. The service, though, was exquisite and friendly, and the wines were fine.Special Features:
- Awesome food! So, so bar drinks!JAB611VIPDined on 9/4/2014Outstanding food and service that would have earned top ratings except for the short pours from the bar, on our first and subsequently last round of drinks! Suggest patrons stick to the menu and get your "drink on" elsewhere! It's a shame that bar manager's penny-pinching mindset ruined what would have been a truly outstanding dining experience! I was actually was taken aback to see a huge "empty" bar on arrival! No surprise now! Notably, I did not complain since I was there more for the cuisine not necessarily to drink, which was optional but at most venues an enjoyable plus vice a negative! But hey, but go ahead keep those bar costs down! I and the now duly warned, can surely find somewhere else to dine AND get a "decent" drink!Special Features:
- Wonderful!PatrickDined on 9/2/2014All of our entrees were muy delicioso! I had the papardelle lamb ragu and it was mouth watering. This was a small wedding dinner celebration. We were pleasantly surprised to receive complimentary sparkling rose' for our party. What a nice touch! All around service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Upscale Find in CPHStreetYuppieVIPDined on 8/31/2014Cleveland Park isn't known for their culinary scene, especially after Dino's and Palena closed their doors. But Ardeo/Bardeo is a great option for more elevated dining without heading to 14th Street. Our group opted to share 5 different small plates and weren't disappointed. I would definitely recommend the crispy chickpeas. Much better than your typical bar nuts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not a great valueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014The food just was not fabulous which is what I expected. The entree portion was not large.Special Features:
- terrific all around!HungrynDCVIPDined on 8/31/2014I've been here several times, all good, but this time was spectacular. Great food, wonderful service and help with a special hard-to-find wine. Couldn't have been better. Thanks for a truly exceptional evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent restaurantthisisthenicknameDined on 8/29/2014Good ambience and attentive service. Food was ok, but bland and not innovative. The giant pepper shaker has made it out of the kitchen into the server's hands, meaning that the chef recognizes their food is not spiced correctly or needs an extra kick to be remembered. Pasta was very underdone, with hard cores that nearly snapped. I would go again if somebody really wanted to visit, but would not recommend this option myself.Special Features:
- Noise LevelOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/29/2014The space is nice but all the concrete (floors) and wood with wine bottles reflects noise and makes it hard to hear. Food very nice if you go when it is quieter.Special Features:
- Delicious seafoodSeanDined on 8/24/2014Both my grilled octopus salad and my pan roasted cod were cooked perfectly and delicious. A nice glass of wine added to the lovely experience with my girlfriend.Special Features:
- After the Uptown, check it out!WaifDined on 8/23/2014Great spot for after-movie dinner. Mussels, cod very good. Rice pudding great. Chocolate peanut butter bar -- fabulous!Special Features:
- Excellent flavors!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/23/2014A stellar menu, lovely upper floor dining and roof deck, superb service. Loved that we could order 1/2 portions of their pasta offerings. Made it possible to try two fabulous options. My husband found the fried oysters on fresh polenta to be amazing. Loved our quieter location, upstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/22/2014Food was good and the service was friendly and lovely! It's a great neighborhood spot that we keep coming back to because of their attention to detail, reasonable food prices, and friendliness!Special Features:
- Very DisappointingWineandvistasVIPDined on 8/17/2014I was shocked to see that I was the only guest in the restaurant for dinner upon my arrival. When I left, there were only two other tables with guests (I dined on a Sunday evening). The front of the restaurant needed cleaning--there were webs, dirt, and chipped paint. Inside was nice enough, but the view through the windows was dismal. My deviled eggs appetizer was good enough (hard to mess that one up), but my entre (a sandwich) was flavorless. I managed to eat half of it. Needless to say, I was very disappointed with my experience.
- RW MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014Came for Restaurant Week. First and Second Course were good; dessert round was a miss. The rice pudding was too thick to the point that it was solid. The berry/lemon crisp was not fresh so the crisp part was almost stale. Despite the miss on the dessert round, the service was where I was somewhat frustrated with. We were seated on time, however, we waited about 15minutes after we've set both of our menus down for the waiter to come by for our drink order. We ordered a bottle of wine, and what initially came out wasn't anywhere near what we ordered. There was a wait staff switch, we didn't get the same waiter after the correct bottle came out and service was smoother with the second waiter.
- decent placeanonVIPDined on 8/16/2014The wine list year is a bit pricey relative to what you are getting. There is nothing (or very little) on the menu for under $45/bottle; however there are a couple wine flight options and lots of wines by the glass. I guess that is ok, but if you are in the mood for a bottle of wine then you are a bit screwed. Perhaps a few offers of a Malbec or Rioja, regions that are known for inexpensive and good wine, should be offered at more reasonable price points. The menu is fine, but a bit broad. The bouillabaisse is not good; the octopus appetizer was nice and a good portion. However, the spices/seasoning was heavy handed (and was for everything). This place is good but not one of the best in DC and is a good last resort for a night out.
- Love the foodLuv2dineDined on 8/16/2014Visiting DC and just happened upon this gem. Started with the deviled eggs which were by far the best I've ever had and I'm known for mine. We went on to the pasta and shared the black pasta and tomato with lemon ricotta. Both were sublime. My compliments to the chef, thoroughly enjoyable experience. Wait staff very attentive as well.Special Features:
- A&B brunchNancyDined on 8/16/2014very nice, very good food, and my friend and i had fun. The noise level was high, though. Bad acoustics.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014My roommate and I stopped by Ardeo + Bardeo during restaurant week. The food and wine selection was wonderful. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmittyRayVIPDined on 8/15/2014Was disappointed for the first time. Food was very average and service was extremely slow. Had to wait for almost 15 minutes to receive our drink order. Food was cold and not very tasty.
- Food Great; Problem with "service"StuckDined on 8/13/2014The meal was lovely and the waiter very nice. The noise was unbearable -- way too many tables in the restaurant. But there was a problem. My friend who was with me went to the ladies room. She found herself locked in the stall and had to crawl out under the door. lWe reported this to manager who said she would look into it. She showed no sympathy for the distress this caused my friend, didn't offer to have her clothes cleaned or even a complimentary "something' . With all the great restaurants in D.C. I might not be coming back.Special Features:
- good for foodiesdannsamjVIPDined on 8/13/2014A very nice restaurant in the Cleveland Park area near the Metro. Excellent cuisine and service. It is quite noisy , however.Special Features:
- Ardeo + BardeoVAcoupleVIPDined on 8/11/2014Food was very good, but the service was disappointing. We had reservations, and even though restaurant was half empty and other tables appeared available, we were seated next to a high traffic staircase. Despite the traffic of service staff, our water glasses were empty more often than full.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2014All the dishes we ordered were excellent. In particular, the tomatoes with burrata had the best yellow summer tomatoes and excellent cheese. The bouillabaisse was outstanding - several large grilled shrimp and mussels with just the right amount of soup and excellent toast. The service was prompt and attentive. We were there on a Monday evening so the quiet rating might not always apply.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/11/2014We went to Ardeo+Bardeo during Resturant Week. Love that you can order from the regular menu! We had Heirloom tomate salad and crispy brussel spounts for appetizers. Both were great! We had the trout for entree and and the berry crisp for dessert. The crisp is to die for! Our service was also excellent. We'll be back, even not during Restaurant Weel!
- Thanks!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014Crossed another Top 100 off the list and had a great time doing it. Thank you for a great dinner!Special Features:
- GreatFoodie223Dined on 8/10/2014Fit for foodies Great for vegetarians Great service Reasonable priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/8/2014We had a great time. Food was very good and was great to share. Service was very nice and knowledgeable. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Tomato Tasting Menu!BrandrBVIPDined on 8/8/2014Excellent dinner at Ardeo + Bardeo featured an inventive tomato tasting menu (3 courses - with tomatoes highlighted on each course - for $39) plus wine pairings. Gracious service, good ambiance, and interesting food pairings (such as the cherokee purple tomato sherbet dessert) made for a very enjoyable meal. We'll definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peaceful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2014A restaurant that is too quiet is a turn-off, but this place can be quite loud. My only option is to dine here on an "off" day or a time before the overwhelming noise level gets obnoxious. So that is what I did and I enjoyed the delicious food, great ambiance and wonderful staff without having to raise my voice and lean into the table to hear my dining companion.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic service!JnmzDined on 8/3/2014The server spent so much time explaining each and every menu item, with clarity, patience, and charm! The Duroc pork tenderloin was the most tender pork that I have ever, ever eaten. The charcuterie appetizer was so delicious, it's obvious that the chef and the waitstaff love to work there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch DateFoodFoodFoodDined on 8/3/2014I went for a brunch date with my husband and had a fabulous time. The chocolate chip scones were phenomenal. Everything was delicious. The French press coffee was excellent and a much better purchase/order than tea, which is Twinings. (I love Twinings, but for the price get the coffee and have your Twinings at home.) I tried the watermelon tomato gazpacho which was spicy and flavorful, but I wound up not eating much of it because it just wasn't for me (I expect others will love it). When the bill came, our server told us that he had taken off the gazpacho because he noticed that I didn't finish it (even though I had told him it was tasty), which really impressed us. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was amissDGScustomerDined on 8/2/2014This was my second visit in six months to Ardeo Bardeo. My last visit in March came with an amazing server who was attentive yet not overbearing and knew how to have a conversation with her guests. My server this time was socially awkward and had to run back to the kitchen to see if the kitchen carried certain items as alternative for those with food allergies. However, their brunch is the best in the Cleveland Park neighborhood - $28 for bottomless mimosas, one appetizer, and one entree. They also give you an amazing bread basket with scones and breakfast breads.Special Features:
- Love this placeMiguelVIPDined on 8/1/2014Great menu, not too expensive, tremendous service and a interesting and attractive decor. It's hard to do better than this very consistent Cleveland Park gem.Special Features: