2400 Wisconsin Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://arcuridc.com/
- Phone: 2028278745x
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:30pm
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Sunday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Richard Jones
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Catering available
Anything on our menu is available for catering. If you want something different just ask, we are neighborly and Chef likes to cook!
- Private Party Facilities: Book your private party @Arcuri
Big Bar, 3 TV's and room for 100
- Private Party Contact: Joe Chapman 2028278745x
- Special Events: book your special event
A word from Arcuri
A casual, convivial neighborhood joint serving up American-Italian fare in the heart of Washington, DC's Glover Park.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Arcuri - Best Restaurants in Glover Park ›
Arcuri reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (12)kid-friendly (9)great for outdoor dining (9)great for brunch (8)good for groups (7)great for lunch (7)fit for foodies (5)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Surprising characterKrd64Dined on 9/17/2014Really enjoyed the evening. I was worried at first because it's very unpretentious inside so looked ordinary, but the food was creative and very good, and our waiter was outstanding. I would go again for sure.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy PizzaKateInDCVIPDined on 9/13/2014We're not good reviewers of Arcuri's menu because after falling for the pizza it's what we order whenever we go there. Good crust, good sauce and customized toppings make it one of our favorites for pizza, along with a bottle of wine>Special Features:
- PastaBeaVIPDined on 8/29/2014The Meat antipasto was delicious and very generous portion. Pasta dishes were very good. Gnocchi was light and sauced just right. We were surprised with the restaurant and will certainly be back .Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/10/2014Great food. Our server, Maria, was incredibly helpful.Special Features:
- Nice findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014Really good brunch. Excellent French toast and great service. Also very good value for the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arcuri for brunchmarocmimiDined on 8/3/2014My friend and I ordered a specialty "D.O.C." pizza and shared a Meatball Grinder (a gourmet version of a meatball sub). We didn't wait too long and our waiter was nice but nothing extraordinary. Our food was great as usual. I love Arcuri!Special Features:
- SurpriseApexVIPDined on 8/1/2014It was our first visit to the neighborhood for a Whooley party next door. The food was excellent.Special Features:
- Good brunch spot.jmag90Dined on 7/13/2014Came for the brunch deal through TravelZoo. Mimosas were plenty strong and pizzas were great especially for the price. Service was good as well.Special Features:
- Spacious and Delicious!Courtstar8Dined on 7/12/2014The restaurant was surprisingly spacious inside; we had made a reservation, but it was definitely not necessary. The patio looked lovely, but unfortunately it was too hot to sit outside! The food was perfectly cooked, proportioned, and seasoned. I had the ricotta gnocchi, and my boyfriend had the pasta bolognese. I would recommend both - I love gnocchi, but usually don't care for the ricotta variety as much as the potato kind -- but I could have eaten two plates! Also, try the special 1 yr anniversary lemoncello for a kick at the end of the meal! The only minus was a semi-strange smell that permiated the space -- a slight whiff of sewage. But it wasn't so strong as to dampen our appetities, and we quickly stopped noticing it.Special Features:
- Stick with the Pizza...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2014I have been to Arcuri a few times since it replaced Kavanagh's, and recently, my family went to dine out there, including my 10 month old niece. This spot is great for kids (there were many tables with children for dinner that night), but I would recommend sticking to ordering their pizza,which is very good. My mother ordered the basil risotto and it was not flavored with just a hint of basil but smothered in it, and my brother-in-law ordered the gnocchi which was good but a very small portion size. The pizza is 3 out of 4 stars, so I would go for pizza and not pasta. The swirl lemon berry limoncello was also tasty. Lastly, try the prosciutto pizza and ask them to go easy on the arugula. It is the best pizza I've had there to-date.Special Features:
- Yummy PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2014Went with my in-laws who were visiting from out of town. My mother-in-law recent broke her femur and uses a walker and wheelchair. The manager working was very helpful and accomodating to make sure she was comfortable. Meat plate was delicious and the pizzas were great (Quattro Formaggi, Italian Bacon, and Squash Blossom). I'm still thinking about them 2 days later. Friendly atmosphere with the World Cup games on. Will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- Arcuri is the best!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2014We went for brunch. The staff is amazing! Everyone is so nice. They seem to know all of the customers and if someone new comes in, they get to know them. Very comfortable, relaxing and the food is great! Order a pizza with just about anything you could ask for or go for an entree. Prices are reasonable, staff worth it's weight in gold and a wonderful hidden gem in Glover Park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian brunchDinaholicDined on 6/15/2014It seemed that their menu options were as vast, but they made up for it in service. The restaurant is definitely casual. Thank God I avoided my wedges sandals when I went because everyone was in t shirts. I thought it would be nicer but it is a good place for casual brunches. My partner and I tried bottomless mimosas with the 10'' Rozzo and D.O.C style pizza. The D.O.C seemed a little wet, which I did not really like, but it was tasty. Overall great service from John and will come back again if in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch experienceMargieVIPDined on 6/14/2014I had a TravelZoo offer for brunch at Acuri for $39 for two with our choice of entree & side or pizza plus unlimited bloody mary or mimosas. This was a great value. I'm not sure it would be at regular price unless you were really going to drink and then walk home, since we each just had two drinks. The food was great - Italian takes on breakfast such as scrambled eggs with polenta - was wonderfully creamy and flavorful and ricotta and lemon pancakes with blueberries. I've had the pizza on other visits and it is a good artisan pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 26 reviews are from the Arcuri reviews archive.
- Limoncello and Pizza!AmyBVIPDined on 5/17/2014Nothing overly fancy...just a great spot, really delicious and fun. Innovative food options, plus traditional pizza, which can please everyone in your group. Kids too! The staff was great as well. We tried traditional limoncello, jalapeno limoncello and a frozen variety. All different, all house made and all yummy.Special Features:
- Pasta, pizza and limoncello!Winegirl512Dined on 5/17/2014We enjoying eating here because the food is very approachable and For the chef and owners, this restaurant appears to be a labor of love. They are constantly fine tuning their handmade limoncello and menu items. We had a variety of items - pepperoni pizza, fried artichokes; the olive oil poached swordfish which was amazing and the spring pasta with bacon and peas. All very delicious and well priced. Their beer list is well honed and their wine list is moderately priced and contains many good picks - especially the Italian wines. This is great for families with young children (we saw many strollers parked out front), and later in the evening is a great bar for the twenty-thirty crowd with very friendly bar service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice EveningwehadfunDined on 5/11/2014Great place to go with kids. Pizza and spaghetti were very good. Service attentive but not over-done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but could be betterHottieDined on 5/11/2014Found arcuri on open table. Service and customer service was great. We had reservations and got seated right away. We went with brunch Buffett but disappointed that most of the food was cold not hot all all. They had the pizza next to the open door so that didn't taste so good. Overall the food tasted good but would like a little bit more variety. I would go again to give them another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/10/2014Love this little gem in Glover Park. Great place to have some delicious pizza, a glass of wine, a nice cocktail or a pint of good beer. Very casual and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- sseatsVIPDined on 5/8/2014Tasty if a bit greasy pizza. Good lunch special includes pizza and salad. In-house-made limoncello is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So.. SoPennoulaVIPDined on 5/1/2014We ordered the Cesar salad as an appetizer & when we got the salad and started eating, I noticed that the lettuce had started going bad. I pointed it to the waiter & he seemed indifferent about my comment and didn't offer to replace the salad with a fresh one. I had a couple of bites from the salad and more then half of it was not eaten. We were seated on a two top table & in the beginning everything was fine but half way through the meal, the servers started moving the tables behind me and setting them up to accommodate a large group of people. When they started seating people I kept getting pushed either my the patrons & the waiters. I am pregnant & all the pushing made me feel uncomfortable. We decided to leave without finishing our mealSpecial Features:
- Nice EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/30/2014Visited with a small group from out of state. We were very pleased with decor and the ability to carry on a conversation through out the evening. Food was very good and served at the right time and temperature. We were very pleased with the experience.Special Features:
- KateInDCVIPDined on 4/18/2014We went for wine and pizza and the pizza crust was first rate -- puffy, light, wood fire flavor. We'll try some additional types of pie and different toppings on future visits. Server was knowledgeable about the menu.
- A disappointmentJohnnyDined on 4/6/2014After two excellent experiences at Arcuri, our last visit was really a letdown. Our pancakes were served cold (three diners), and service was very slow to all of us (table of 6). The waiters responded to the cold pancakes not by preparing new pancakes but by warming the old ones! In addition, the wait staff were barely cordial, hardly the response to their or the kitchen's failure. As the organizer of the event, I was very embarrassed by my praise of the restaurant beforehand compared to our actual experience.
- Fun place with great foodJohnnyDined on 3/30/2014We've dined at Arcuri twice, first introduced during restaurant week. Both trips have been very satisfying. The food is excellent and fairly priced. The brunch menu is imaginative and wide-ranging. The service is friendly and attentive. A real find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic pizzaLoveItalianDined on 3/8/2014Arcuri is a great place for casual dining. We were a party of 6, ages 24-84, and there was something for everyone. Ordered pizza and meat board for appetizers. Delicious! The pasta entrees are great. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 45 minutes late on seating, food okOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/22/2014We weren't seated until 45 minutes after our reservation. 2 orders were incorrect. The food was just ok. nothing special. I will probably try it again, perhaps they were just really busy. But, I wasn't impressed. The bartender was great though.Special Features:
- My friend was late showingSeanVIPDined on 2/21/2014My friend was late showing up for dinner, but the Arcuri staff were nice enough to seat me anyway. The server was also very understanding, since I'm sure he would have liked to turn the table quickly on a Friday night. The pizza was also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lack of Consistency in QualityPen2paperDined on 2/15/2014I treated my cousin to dinner at Acuri recently for several reasons: 1) Her birthday, 2) Acuri was close to both our homes & it was icy cold outside, 3) neither of us had tried Acuri yet & the reviews I read were decent. My roast chicken entree: tasty, attractively presented. However, my side dish, polenta, was barely warm, & too 'soupy.' My cousin's main dish, a pasta with duck was disappointing: very, very sparse, did not look appetizing, & was just okay. She was not thrilled with her dessert choice, either (mine was very good). On making the reservation I stated that the occasion was my cousin's birthday. No acknowledgement of that was ever made. Also, Acuri was extremely noisy, but I know that wouldn't bother everyone.Special Features:
- Good for the neighborhoodhomerandflandersDined on 2/14/2014Went here last-minute for Valentines Day. Our car was buried in snow, and buses were on snow routes, so we could only go places within walking distance. The service was great, with a very good waiter. The food was pretty good, we each had a pasta dish. Probably a little too pricy, but that's just par for the course I guess. Only problem was the ambience. They try to fit too many people, so it is very close quarters. I was constantly being accidentally bumped. Also makes it loud. The best thing about this place is its location. Very convenient for anyone living in Glover Park. It is probably not worth it for someone to trek across town for, but if you live nearby, then its a nice neighborhood option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Neighborhood PlaceGoodFoodDined on 2/14/2014We have a young child, so it is a nice place in the neighborhood that is very family friendly if you go for an early dinner.Special Features:
- Great PizzaLinNYCVIPDined on 12/28/2013Delicious pizza - especially loved the Gorgonzola. Also have a pretty good craft beer selection. Definitely a nice addition to the GP neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very yummy pizza, good salad.sseatsVIPDined on 12/17/2013Very yummy pizza, good salad. Bread is recycled and dried out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to the neighborhoodporchnapperDined on 11/30/2013I dined here with a party of 9 the Saturday after Thanksgiving. It was perfect. Those interested in football kept abreast of the games on the bar TVs; the rest of us were able to enjoy our meal without too much noise. The food was delicious and the service very nice and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bday dinner!GPdinerDined on 11/18/2013Had a group of 8 for a birthday dinner on a Monday night. The service and food were great! And everyone was really nice. Great addition to Glover Park dining.Special Features:
- Decent Italian FoodUKFoodiesVIPDined on 11/17/2013Ate at Acuri with a friend for a last-minute Sunday supper. We arrived for an early table and the place was pretty dead, other than a family with small children at one table. However, as the evening progressed, the restaurant filled up more. We both shared a starter of meatballs and garlic bread, which were very good, although the sauce on the meatballs lacked seasoning. We then each had a bowl of pasta with chicken. The dishes were cooked well, but the cream sauce was very very heavy. I'd say this place is a decent enough Italian restaurant. Good for solid, sauce-heavy pastas and pizzas.Special Features:
- My experience here was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013My experience here was very nice. The service was great on a Saturday night. The food was reasonably priced and very good. Loved the bread and the pizza. The appetizers were also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glover Park GemPBRGDined on 11/9/2013My sister and I dined at Arcuri on a whim for dinner. It was great! Service and food were excellent. I would definitely revisit and recommend to friends for a semi-casual week night or weekend dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good to see them doing well!gloverVIPDined on 10/25/2013This space in Glover Park has been a neighborhood pizza place for years - first as Faccia Luna and then as Kavanaughs and now as Arcuri. When we visited on Friday night we were pleased to see some buzz there. Think the place has been underpatronized for years. So it was nice to see new energy. They're still deciding "who they are." Fortunately they discarded some exotic menu items like charcuterie and artesanal cheeses and returned to more basic pizza, pasta, and a few other entrees. Had scallops one night that were great too! Our server was excellent. . . Have used two nice discounts provided on mailing list . . . I'm rooting for them!Special Features:
- A most delicious pizza andsseatsVIPDined on 10/23/2013A most delicious pizza and salad. Good beer selection. Good limoncello. Not so good bread or cannoli. But the server and a coowner were very friendly. Nice place, overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.